Lets talk about Christmas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
laughing out loud

Your views?

lil bitchiness
*pulls the hair out* crazy ARGH!

I just had a debate about the greeting, shall we debate about holiday now stick out tongue

debbiejo
laughing out loud laughing out loud That's why I did it..........Hmmmmm Is it really Christs birthday????????

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
laughing out loud laughing out loud That's why I did it..........Hmmmmm Is it really Christs birthday????????

Let's confuse everyone and call it, Buddhamas. laughing

debbiejo
The manger scene is baby Mithra............ blink

Pass the egg nog please.....

Bardiel13
Chistmas is not the birthday of Jesus. It celebrates his birth, but no one knows when he was really born. It is actually based off of a Pagan winter holiday that the Christians decided to adopt and apply it to thier religion.

There's this huge debate over should we stop advertising Xmas so much or not, since we have such a religiously diverse country.
Ok, listen... people who want ban Christmas... please shut up. I'm Agnostic and I even celebrate Christmas, since most of my family is Christian. But, then again I have a few Muslim and Jewish friends who celebrate Christmas just because it's a fun holiday. And even in Non-Christian dominated countries like Japan, they still celebrate and advertise Christmas just as much as we do, because it's just a fun holiday.

debbiejo
Jesus was probably a good man, if he really was, but paul distroyed him.............Merry Christmas Son of god, or Sun of god.........

KPrince
laughing out loud

Your views?

I don't celebrate Christmas. It is true it is not Christ's birthday. When Christ was born was never truly determined, but Christmas is based off an ancient Winter Solstice I think.

Bardiel13
Originally posted by KPrince
I don't celebrate Christmas. It is true it is not Christ's birthday. When Christ was born was never truly determined, but Christmas is based off an ancient Winter Solstice I think.

Exactly what I said.

Storm
Originally posted by Bardiel13
Chistmas is not the birthday of Jesus. It celebrates his birth, but no one knows when he was really born. It is actually based off of a Pagan winter holiday that the Christians decided to adopt and apply it to thier religion.
*Nods.*
Emperor Aurelian proclaimed Decemer 25th Natalis Solis Invicti, the festival of the birth of the invincible sun. Romans celebrated the birth of the sun on the Winter Solstice which was December 25 by the Julian Calendar.
Saturnalia already occurred around this time along with many other celebrations.

Each of us individually brings whatever meaning there is to Christmas.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Bardiel13

There's this huge debate over should we stop advertising Xmas so much or not, since we have such a religiously diverse country.
Ok, listen... people who want ban Christmas... please shut up. I'm Agnostic and I even celebrate Christmas, since most of my family is Christian. But, then again I have a few Muslim and Jewish friends who celebrate Christmas just because it's a fun holiday. And even in Non-Christian dominated countries like Japan, they still celebrate and advertise Christmas just as much as we do, because it's just a fun holiday.

Its believed that Jesus was born somewhere around March.

Jury
Some scientists says it's April 4, 4 BC when they tried to trace the comet which appeared in the skies of Bethlehem the eve Jesus was born.

debbiejo
Yes, the Christian holy days were borrowed from older pagan souces, just like Easter...

http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter1.htm

Aravis3
Personally, I don't think that it's that big of a deal. If the non-Christians, secularists, and who ever else doesn't believe in God want to take Christ out of Christmas, that's fine. But leave the Christians alone. What about the Jews' Hanukkah? Are they getting ripped? Of course not. Only Christians are. Leave them alone!

Storm
The War on Christmas is under discussion in the GDF.

KPrince
Yes, the Christian holy days were borrowed from older pagan souces, just like Easter...

http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter1.htm

Not the true Christian Holy Days.

debbiejo
^ which are the Jewish Feast Days you mean?

KPrince
^ which are the Jewish Feast Days you mean?

Yes.

debbiejo
Yes. According to scripture you would be right...The holy days were not done away with nor the Sabbath as the Lords Day...

All the change that has happened was done by the Roman Catholic Church...

KPrince
According to scripture you would be right...The holy days were not done away with nor the Sabbath as the Lords Day...

All the change that has happened was done by the Roman Catholic Church...

Now you're on the right track. wink

debbiejo
Now you're on the right track. wink Yes, I've know this, but tell it to the rest of Christianity.......

If you're going to follow scripture these are the holy days...And Christmas is just another change by the Holy Empire...Rome....Centered on Paganism.

KPrince
Yes, I've know this, but tell it to the rest of Christianity.......

If you're going to follow scripture these are the holy days...And Christmas is just another change by the Holy Empire...Rome....Centered on Paganism.

There is a scripture in the Bible that concerns the Christmas tree... wink

Shakyamunison
Wrong thread.

debbiejo
There is a scripture in the Bible that concerns the Christmas tree... wink That is true, a tree decorated with many nice things like maybe silver and gold...can't remember.

KPrince
That is true, a tree decorated with many nice things like maybe silver and gold...can't remember.

yes

debbiejo
Bad bad pagan Christians.........Don't even know their roots....

Bardiel13
Bad bad pagan Christians.........Don't even know their roots....

So, Christians... How does it feel to have an Agnostic explain those roots? stick out tongue

spencerspider
I think that Jesus was born around april becuz if you think about the birth of jesus story, the shepherds were watching there sheep at night. if it is december, it is freezing, you wouldn't be watching sheep at night

KPrince
Originally posted by spencerspider
I think that Jesus was born around april becuz if you think about the birth of jesus story, the shepherds were watching there sheep at night. if it is december, it is freezing, you wouldn't be watching sheep at night

Very true spencerspider. wink

debbiejo
Yes, otherwise they would of been locked up for the winter nights...It's cold there.

spencerspider
yeo and there was something else I can't remember but it's like when the new babies come in for the sheep its like near april and that is mentioned in there somewhere i think

debbiejo
I think I'll start calling it Mithra Day.....Since it really is his Birthday!

Happy Birthday to you....happy birthday too you....happy birthday dear Mithra.....happy birthday tooooooo youuuuuuuuu....

happybday

How old are you now.....

Dirk Jade

No Jesus was born in the spring. the Catholic Church Combined their NEW HOLIDAY (ChristMass) with the romans old Holiday. Ovid's Fasti (Festival Days) Why? who knows.

debbiejo
The Roman Catholic church made the Christian religion with all it's falsities.

big gay kirk
There is a scripture in the Bible that concerns the Christmas tree... wink

yup... Jeremiah.... "Do not follow the traditions of the people, for they are in vain... they take a tree from the woods, the work of a man, and they deck it with silver and with gold, and nail it so that it does not move.... it is not in them to do do evil, nor is it in them to do good...." later on comes an exhortation not to do what others do, and say "its ok, cos we're doing it for our God".... according to both Jeremiah and Isaiah, anyone who attempts to worship the God of Moses in a pagan fashion will surely be put to death, for "they have committed abomination unto me"

debbiejo
The WWCG (World Wide Church of God) follows the tradition of not having a Christmas tree from the verse alluded to about along with the Messianic Jews and many others...They have thrown out all the holidays initiated by the Roman Catholic church and follow after the feast days as mentioned in the bible, which were not done away with.

KPrince
The WWCG (World Wide Church of God) follows the tradition of not having a Christmas tree from the verse alluded to about along with the Messianic Jews and many others...They have thrown out all the holidays initiated by the Roman Catholic church and follow after the feast days as mentioned in the bible, which were not done away with.

Interesting that you would talk about the WCG...

debbiejo
Is it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

KPrince
Is it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

They no longer hold true to that statement, they now celebrate Christmas.

debbiejo
I heard there was a split in the church because of it along with some changes on the worshipping on Sunday instead of the Sabbath also.

KPrince
I heard there was a split in the church because of it along with some changes on the worshipping on Sunday instead of the Sabbath also.

That is true, there was a split, and it was over those very things.

debbiejo
It's not just even Mithra, but other cultures deemed the Winter Solstice called Yule falls about Dec. 21 known to some as Jol or wheel, or Mother Night...This is the time of death and rebirth of the Sun God also...An Oak Yule log burned is still a tradition in some countries. The ashes are scattered over fields and charred remains kept to start the next year Yule log. Mistletoe was hung over doors to keep out malicious spirits. The Yule ritual is always held indoors and is intensely personal, done only with family or clan members. It is always done with many candles. The door was never answered and this could be that it was suspect that this days was kept from being persecuted by the Christians in old....It was the ritual of the "Light Festival" Thus using of many candles. The same was done over Summer Solstice...

debbiejo
Time of the Goddess of the Cold Darkness and the birth of the Divine Child the reborn Sun God is also know as "The Triple Goddess Rules"A time of rebirth and turning of the earth force tides. ...A trinity....Crone-rebirth....

Uberking Robert
Christmas is great, even though I have to sit next to my sister's boyfriend's mother and grandmother, both of whom I despise. Damned uppity bitches with attitudes.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Uberking Robert
Christmas is great, even though I have to sit next to my sister's boyfriend's mother and grandmother, both of whom I despise. Damned uppity bitches with attitudes.

Can you imagine what it is like for them?

debbiejo
laughing out loud

big gay kirk
A split in the Worldwide Church of God!!??!!! Are you telling the Plain Truth?? or just spreading The Good News???

debbiejo
Sure is truth. I know people from that denomination..It did split for the reasons mentioned and those who left the church started "Home Churches." They follow the Holy feast days as mentioned in scripture because it was never done away with. Also the Sabbath instead of Sunday and I guess Christmas also...Not easter, but Passover which was never done away with. They, IMO follow more to what scripture says, but that in of its self does not make it the blessed true church.

Mindship
Happy Festivus!

debbiejo
Happy Yule Tide, and soon to be happy Imbolic Day (Feb 1st) Also known as Brigids Day, or Lady Day or Groundhog Day. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.