Baptism!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dirk Jade
What Is the True Way of Baptism? Father,Son, Holy Ghost? or In Jesus Name? i will reviel my oppinion and argument later.

Jesus Name

Father Son Holy Ghost

debbiejo
I've done both......

Storm
Jesus charged the Apostles to baptize "in the name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit" in the Great Commission, which has become the common formula for baptizing. The Apostles are recorded baptizing only in the name of Jesus in the Book of Acts - a fact which figures prominently among groups who reject the trinitarian formula.

Zarathustra
I thought the whole point of a Holy Trinity was that the three are inseperable. So, what's the big deal? Baptising in the name of Jesus is no different from in the name of the entire trinity, or vice versa.

Dirk Jade
Have you ever met somebody NAMED father or son or Holy Ghost These are not names but Titles. and the scripture Matthew 28:19 goes

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the NAME of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Now the fact that the scripture says NAME and not NAMES says that these 3 titles all go under the same name.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and BE BAPTIZED EVERY ONE OF YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

ok that Scripture TELLS us that 1 name. What is the name that Jesus was talking about in matthew 28:19? of course it is JESUS CHRIST.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.