Have you ever switched Cable?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Walfredo
I had DirecTV a while ago and really liked it but since I moved I am stuck with Comcast and am really uspet with their service. However, they are the only provider that has service for my complex/area. I am not quite sure what to do since satellite is not an option. Anyone ever been in this situation and have some advice?

powerfulone1987
I started out with satellite when my mom got it and i hated it. All the G4 03 and all that, it was a struggle to remember what channels were what. And then we got Dish network, and now that i'm in college, they have comcast, which i don't like so much and then while i was away, we had a thunder storm and somehow it messed up our dishnetwork and now we have Direct tv, which i still don't like as much as dish network but it's ok. The real upside is now that we have direct tv, we got this deal where we can all have one in each of our rooms and look at whatever we want instead of having one box that controls what's on all of the tvs like it was for all of the other boxes.
So i have one in my room, even though since i'm just starting college, i'm pissed that my mom finally gives me what i was asking for, for years while living at home and was denied, while my 14/15 year old sister is still here and gets one in her room which i think isn't fair since i had to wait for college to get one in my room that i don't get to use a lot b/c i'm at college.
Anyway, there's one in my room, living room, sisters room, parents room.

is it comprehensible.....

Walfredo
Yeah. that makes sense. I didn't know that Dish Network controls all TVs with one box. That would blow. You sure thats true?

Well, my problem is that comcast is the only thing available and I can't have a dish. Not sure what to do because there are no competitors.

Solo
My cable is so much better than my old dish.

cybermaster
better signal with cable. even if it starts sprinkling a little having satelight u wont get a good signal

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Walfredo
Yeah. that makes sense. I didn't know that Dish Network controls all TVs with one box. That would blow. You sure thats true?

Well, my problem is that comcast is the only thing available and I can't have a dish. Not sure what to do because there are no competitors.

I don't know if that's how it is for everybody buts that how it was here and I know that how it is up my grandparents house. So they got another box, so one box controls their bedroom tv and the kitchen tv and another box controls the living room tv and another bedroom tv. At first they had one box that controlled all of the tvs in the house, like our house was.

Walfredo
Whacky stuff there. I am hoping that maybe the Verizon FIOS comes in and gives some competition, wouldn't that be awesome.

powerfulone1987
Never heard of that before.

XxILuvVegetaxX
Me either...

I hate cable, I had Dish Network it was okay exept when it rained (and not even that much!), and now I have Direct Tv and im extremely happy ^_^ i thnk it depends on where you live and stuff

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.