90's -N- 00's BEST ROCK BAND + ITS BEST ALBUM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kaztiyo

Df02
90's?

Fu Manchu - The Action Is Go

exanda kane
Lostprophets - Fake Sound Of Progress

Alpha Centauri
Do you mean spanning both eras or one from each?

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Nirvana- Nirvana?

Alpha Centauri
90's: King for a Day, Fool for a Lifetime by Faith No More.

00's: Lateralus by Tool.

-AC

Deathblow
90's

Opeth - Orchid
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie
Tool - Aenima
Radiohead - OK Computer
NIN - The Downward Spiral

00's

Dredg - El Cielo
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
Tool - Lateralus
A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step
Eels - Blinking Lights
Dandy Warhols - Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia

BobbyD
Guns N' Roses would have put everyone here to shame, had they known how to keep a band together. They were on the fast track to being one of the all-time greats.

As it stands, its best album is probably Nirvana "".

It's best band is a good question though.

I don't have an answer yet. blink Green Day maybe? huh

BobbyD
Actually, come to think of it, I stand corrected as GNR made its entrance onto the rock scene in the late 80's.

Grim Reefer
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by BobbyD
Guns N' Roses would have put everyone here to shame, had they known how to keep a band together. They were on the fast track to being one of the all-time greats.

As it stands, its best album is probably Nirvana "".

It's best band is a good question though.

I don't have an answer yet. blink Green Day maybe? huh

Guns 'N' Roses are so overrated. Saying they put every band here to shame is a stupid claim. As if they're better than Faith No More, Opeth, Tool or Radiohead.

-AC

cool_dudes_rule
90's

dookie-green day
free all angles-ash
meltdown-ash
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie

00's

interglactic sonic 7's-ash
curtain call-eminem
echo park-feeder
greatest hits-blink 182
three cheers for sweet revenge-my chemical romance
punk rock for girls-ictus

and i can just go on and on.

BobbyD
AC, proving you have the opportunity to stick your 2 angry cents all the time where and when not necessary, makes you....I don't know what. But, I do enjoy making you, make yourself look like an ass. It takes virtually little effort, yet apparently it's so hard for you to control the opportunity to let your big mouth say stuff you shouldn't. I've tried to discuss calmy with you, and get into debates on certain topics, and all you do is bash other people, myself included, when some things don't even need to be said. Most people wouldn't even care to write a response, AC.

Yes, I know you like to debate...seem quite intelligent, can back up some of your arguments with facts, speak passionately, and use good grammar, about the stuff you like. But, what about other people's passion for stuff they like?

Furthermore, as you can see, by a second reply of mine that followed immediately thereafter, where I state it's basically a frivolous point because GNR entered in the 80s, thus makes my opinion a moot point.

You're a blowhard, plain n' simple....meaning you either like to hear yourself talk or you like to be heard.....that job my friend is called a politician. When you get there, I'll have some respect for you again.

Do yourself a favor, take that little chip on your shoulder and set it on the ground sometimes. You'll go further in life.

VoodooChile89
Good 4 you Bobby D!

AC, dude you just contradicted yourself... "saying GNR puts every band to shame is a stupid claim..." (which is ALREADY opinion based as it is) then you say "As if they're better than Faith No More, Opeth, Tool or Radiohead"... and the answer IS... YES they were better than all of those bands. Guns 'N' Roses are legends, which is WAY more than I can say for the bands you mentioned, so you don't like them, big deal! GAURANTEED more people on the earth like GNR better than all of those bands combined... this arguement, you have lost... because NOW you have no facts to lean back on.

... as for best album of the '90's... Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
... and best of the '00's... City Of Evil - Avenged Sevenfold (JUST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY AC!)

Victor Von Doom
Nobody has any facts to lean on when it comes to 'best' band, unless the criteria is technical competence, or sales.

Deathblow
Originally posted by VoodooChile89
Good 4 you Bobby D!

AC, dude you just contradicted yourself... "saying GNR puts every band to shame is a stupid claim..." (which is ALREADY opinion based as it is) then you say "As if they're better than Faith No More, Opeth, Tool or Radiohead"... and the answer IS... YES they were better than all of those bands. Guns 'N' Roses are legends, which is WAY more than I can say for the bands you mentioned, so you don't like them, big deal! GAURANTEED more people on the earth like GNR better than all of those bands combined... this arguement, you have lost... because NOW you have no facts to lean back on.

All other arguments aside here, seriously I doubt GNR are even as popular as Radiohead on their own. Since I moved to England, I've been hard pushed to find a single household that doesn't own either The Bends or OK Computer (and the latter is often voted greatest album of all time, I've never even seen GNR involved in that type of poll before)whilst the popular opinion on GNR is pretty similar to what it was where I used to live, ''they were great..when I was about 12''.

Taking that into consideration, can you tell me, just so I know, what exactly do you think gives GNR the right to be called ''legends''? Maybe if Mike Patton wore a top-hat more often...

Alpha Centauri
AC, proving you have the opportunity to stick your 2 angry cents all the time where and when not necessary, makes you....I don't know what. But, I do enjoy making you, make yourself look like an ass. It takes virtually little effort, yet apparently it's so hard for you to control the opportunity to let your big mouth say stuff you shouldn't. I've tried to discuss calmy with you, and get into debates on certain topics, and all you do is bash other people, myself included, when some things don't even need to be said. Most people wouldn't even care to write a response, AC.

Well go on then. You already "opened" your "mouth" when you tried expressing joy at thinking you caught me at a contradiction before. We since discovered that you obviously got too ahead of yourself. So let's go on.

Yes, I know you like to debate...seem quite intelligent, can back up some of your arguments with facts, speak passionately, and use good grammar, about the stuff you like. But, what about other people's passion for stuff they like?

What about it? You're allowed your opinion, I'm allowed an opinion on your opinion. This is a fact and if you don't like it I suggest you leave the forums.

Furthermore, as you can see, by a second reply of mine that followed immediately thereafter, where I state it's basically a frivolous point because GNR entered in the 80s, thus makes my opinion a moot point.

Yes, I'm aware. Timeframe was not important to my comment though.

You're a blowhard, plain n' simple....meaning you either like to hear yourself talk or you like to be heard.....that job my friend is called a politician. When you get there, I'll have some respect for you again.

Do yourself a favor, take that little chip on your shoulder and set it on the ground sometimes. You'll go further in life.

Oh damn, because there was me really hoping for your respect and everything. Instead of commenting with that useless BS, next time reply to my post or not at all. Good.

Originally posted by VoodooChile69

Where did I state that it being a stupid claim was anything other than my opinion? Did I say it was a fact that it was stupid? No I didn't. Did I say that the bands I mentioned are factually, provably better? No I didn't do that either. So then to really be ironic, you contradict yourself by then saying "and the answer IS...YES they were better than all those bands." I do love the irony there.

Guns 'N' Roses can be legends all day long. U2 are legends, so what? Doesn't mean they're better bands. More people like Britney Spears than Fantomas, doesn't mean she's better. Your facts work against you here.

Pshaw. Off with thee.

-AC

Afro Cheese

Do yourself a favor, take that little chip on your shoulder and set it on the ground sometimes. You'll go further in life. Saying any band is going to put everyone else's choices to shame is just bound to start an argument. Basically you got what was coming to you.

BobbyD
Perhaps I did, Afrocheese. And my mistake....however, this is not a one-time thing with, AC, so please understand the picture fully before you interject. Furthermore, if you had noticed as well that I had written to disclaim GNR because I had memory flashback, you'd have withheld your statement also.

Nothing but love for ya', AC. I wish you well on the road of life.

Afro Cheese
Perhaps I did, Afrocheese. And my mistake....however, this is not a one-time thing with, AC, so please understand the picture fully before you interject. Furthermore, if you had noticed as well that I had written to disclaim GNR because I had memory flashback, you'd have withheld your statement also.
I'm not trying to put my nose where it doesn't belong.. your comment doens't bother me at all though I don't agree with it.. I'm just letting you know that when you say stuff like that on here you might as well expect an argument. KMC posters tend to take music a bit serious.

BobbyD
I noticed. confused

Lots of fanatics here. blink

Bierbommetje
Best band of the 90's is probably RATM for me.

Don't know nearly enough bands in the 00's to make a choice, but Audioslave would probably be up there.

Best album is probably Nevermind, for sheer influence.

And I do agree, GNR are majorly overrated.

What's wrong with a serious music discussion btw?

Alpha Centauri
I don't see a problem with passive music fans. I just have a problem with passive music fans who genuinely try to enter a debate with people who take music very seriously, as it deserves to be taken, only to complain.

-AC

eggmayo
Originally posted by Deathblow
All other arguments aside here, seriously I doubt GNR are even as popular as Radiohead on their own. Since I moved to England, I've been hard pushed to find a single household that doesn't own either The Bends or OK Computer (and the latter is often voted greatest album of all time, I've never even seen GNR involved in that type of poll before)whilst the popular opinion on GNR is pretty similar to what it was where I used to live, ''they were great..when I was about 12''.

Maybe the people you hang out with are all hardcore Radiohead fans.
I don't know ANYONE who owns either of those.

Deathblow
So you're telling me you've asked every single person you know, specifcally whether or not they own a Radiohead album? I doubt it, I really do.

BobbyD
Man, the music forums are incredibly dangerous to speak in.
crazy

StinkFist462

Darth Jello
90's-
Nirvana-Nevermind
Sonic Youth-Goo
DI-Live at a Dive
Garbage-s/t
Garbage-Version 2.0
The Joykiller-Static
TSOL-Live '91
The Adolescents-Return to the Black Hole
00's-
Garbage-Beautifulgarbage
Nirvana-With the Lights Out
TSOL-Disappear
The Adolescents-Live at the House of Blues
The Adolescents-OC Confidential

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.