Christianity: Fear based and brainwashed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Zannah
I have friends who have been christian since birth. The way I see it they have been brainwashed by their parents telling them what is good and what is a sin. It seems like they havent been able to decide for them selves if there really is a God, it's like from such a small age they were brainwashed what to think.

Also, a lot of them probably believe in God because they fear Hell and what he might do to him if he really does exist and they don't believe in him.

debbiejo
sad
Been there,.

Imagawa666
I agree with the topic completely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagawa666
Down with God! Down with God!

debbiejo
NO....just down with your view of what god is....truly.......Unless that truly makes you happy.

Zarathustra
I wouldn't call it brainwashing anymore than I would call it brainwashing to teach children anything. Eventually they will have to choose for themselves, but what are parents supposed to do? Avoid the topic of beliefs or values entirely?
While the subject can be approached from a "fire and brimstone" perspective from early childhood, it's my experience that children are taught the basic principles based primarily on the fact that God loves them, not that he will punish them if they sin.

spencerspider
Um yes, and to brainwash someone, you have to cut them off from the rest of the world, or else they will hear these other things and choose then. And no Christian parents that I know cut their kids off from the world.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by spencerspider
Um yes, and to brainwash someone, you have to cut them off from the rest of the world, or else they will hear these other things and choose then. And no Christian parents that I know cut their kids off from the world.

You have never heard of home schooling?

debbiejo
Yes, many do, they homeschool them and monitor them very closely.

spencerspider
well that is rare, and besides, the kid would have to choose someday no matter what.

debbiejo
well that is rare, and besides, the kid would have to choose someday no matter what.

After the brainwashing is done and they are forced to look at the facts themselves....which many are scared too.

According to Brian Ray, president of the National Home Education Research Institute in his recent book, "Worldwide Guide to Homeschooling," there were an estimated 50,000 to 95,000 students homeschooled in Canada during the 2000-2001 school year. Estimates for England and Wales varied widely from 13,000 to 50,000. Australian figures were in the range of 35,000 to 55,000. And one homeschool organization in Germany reported between 500 and 600 homeschooled students.

In addition to these, there are many who homeschool while serving as missionaries, military, or employees of the U.S. State Department overseas.
But hopfully, they will be able to think for themselves.
http://www.hslda.org/research/faq.asp

It grows more every year....Mostly for Christian families.

spencerspider
that does not mean that all of the parents brainwash their kids, that is how many are homeschooled o wow.

debbiejo
Hopefully they are taught how to think, not what to think... cool Unfortunately I know of many families that shelter their kids from TV, radio, movies, and change even camping songs to make them less worldly....really sad,. These kids grow up believing the devil is everywhere and are afraid of everything, not wanting to go to hell, the imaginary place.......so sad.

spencerspider
How is hell imaginary, if you keep thinking that heaven and hell are imaginary, you will go to hell when you die... sorry for ya, and you can think back on how little o me told you \what would happen

debbiejo
How is hell imaginary, if you keep thinking that heaven and hell are imaginary, you will go to hell when you die... sorry for ya, and you can think back on how little o me told you \what would happen

This is why

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/14706.htm

http://www.tentmaker.org/books/TheBibleHell.html

spencerspider
lol you actually believe all of that wow lol that is funny

debbiejo
You didn't even have time to read it.........So, to the wood pile with you!

Adam_PoE
lol you actually believe all of that wow lol that is funny

The same could be said of you.

WindDancer
Originally posted by Darth Zannah
I have friends who have been christian since birth. The way I see it they have been brainwashed by their parents telling them what is good and what is a sin. It seems like they havent been able to decide for them selves if there really is a God, it's like from such a small age they were brainwashed what to think.

Also, a lot of them probably believe in God because they fear Hell and what he might do to him if he really does exist and they don't believe in him.

This is just the case of extremists. I don't think this is restricted to just Christianity.....I'm sure you heard of Muslim Extremist ....you know? those guys that brainwash kids into become terrorists and strap bombs into their bodies....

Shakyamunison

Hell is not a place you go when you die. This is a fairy tail, told to you to keep you in line. Hell is a state of mind that we live, and so is heaven. So go ahead and keep believing in hell, and be a good little boy. laughing

debbiejo
Originally posted by WindDancer
This is just the case of extremists. I don't think this is restricted to just Christianity.....I'm sure you heard of Muslim Extremist ....you know? those guys that brainwash kids into become terrorists and strap bombs into their bodies.... True, and good thing Christians will never do that, strap bombs on I mean.

How about a Buddha bomber?
blowup

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by debbiejo
How about a Buddha bomber?
blowup

There has never been an act of violence committed in the name of Buddhism.

hug

debbiejo
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
There has never been an act of violence committed in the name of Buddhism.

hug

It seems the only ones that are violent are the believers in a "One god" religion.....I wish they could deprogram........It's that hell thing, the hell thing....they're afraid of the devil........OH god... : confused

Adam_PoE
It seems the only ones that are violent are the believers in a "One god" religion.....I wish they could deprogram........It's that hell thing, the hell thing....they're afraid of the devil........OH god... : confused

The ones that are violent are the ones who believe they are right and everyone else is wrong.

TigerEyes
okay I completely agree but for different reasons. I'm a satanic worshipper, no not like in the 80s where babies were sacreficed but i believe satan is a symbol of power and control and god is a symbol created to "control" the actions and the ways the world was built.
It's almost scientifically and logically impossible for there to be a god...the bible was written 500 years after jesus was supost to have been born, the story of god and jesus could have been altered to much by then that the image given today is totally fake.
On the topic of parents not letting their own kids watch movies and such, it's common even among non christians...my aunt for example has two kids, 6 and 10 either has ever seen a disney movie because she believes they are too violent and she is a non chirstian, the whole not letting your children life is more a personal thing then a religious one.

Zarathustra
I would attribute a great deal of violence to non-monotheistic peoples... you know, like every war that ever happened in East Asia or in pre-Islamic times in the Middle East... most of the wars the Roman Empire waged, any violence occurring in Europe before the Roman Empire became "holy". There was violence in Africa, India, and the Americas before any of those people converted to monotheism too.
The Mongols? Before they conquered the Muslims they were neither monotheistic nor peaceful.
If you're referring to intolerance of other religions, I would provide the example of Japanese repression of Christianity. There were crucifixions and the like, though to be fair the body count was not very high. For that matter, however, aside from the occasional enthusiastic pogroms Christians and other religious states managed to get by without killing off vast numbers of heathens. Interestingly, not only is Shintoism (the dominant Japanese religion of the time) not monotheistic, it also has no concept of Hell as I understand it.

To attribute violence of almost any sort solely to religious causes is near impossible, and certainly oversimplifies the matter as much as, if not more than, trying to fit it into the Marxist dialectic, for example. Cookie-cutter history doesn't work so well. It has been said that even Osama bin Laden's writings are more like politics laced with religious references than anything else, and Ayatollah Khomeini's rise to power was likewise.

Implying there's anything intrinsically violent about Christianity, I would note, is ridiculous. There are a number of sects that adhere to strict pacifism.

debbiejo
Well that is also true. After some thinking I remembered yes, it was also the believers in polytheism or many gods also, I believe that the less violent group would be the believers in reincarnation. For the purpose of Karma in their next life, When I was talking in the post above I was basing it on more Muslims and Christians and more around the first Century AD and forward..

sonnet
I have friends who have been christian since birth. The way I see it they have been brainwashed by their parents telling them what is good and what is a sin.
Sorry to inform you but you cannot be a Christian from birth or because your parents told you about Jesus or because you grew up in a Christian home. The Bible says that you have to make a conscious desicion to accept (and believe with your heart) Jesus as your Saviour and Son of God and repent for your sins. Then only can you be saved or become a Christian as we are referred to.

debbiejo
Not if Darth Zannah is Catholic. That is their belief, I believe, Doctrinal view.

GhostDance
What exactly am I being saved from if I become a Christian?

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

Oh yes. Home schooled kids.

the social problems these kids face is mind boggling.

debbiejo
Originally posted by GhostDance
What exactly am I being saved from if I become a Christian? HELL

Eternal damnation if you like....But then you have to be in the right denomination also.........Protestants don't believe Catholics will be saved and vs.

It's a small minded god that would condemn anybody for such human frailties.

OB1-adobe
religion is a result of geographical placement and the events that have taken place in that area.

nothing more.

go look at a map.

Neix
If one goes by what the bible says about god, there is no reason to have hell be an actual place. I used to be a christian, but hold some of their ideas and take ideas from other world religions. My idea of God is that he is not a person or deity, but an idea.

Any ways, hell cannot exist by bible standards beceause God forgives everyone of their sins. Even if you don't ask him, there are stories where Jesus has forgiven people without even being asked. I am not a bible scholar and it has been a while since I read it, but I know there are stories like that. So if God forgives everyone, it is impossible for anyone to meet the criteria set down by the bible for some to go to hell.

A big fear based religious movement has been the introduction of Hell houses around Halloween time. These horror houses show the devil and make people weep and "learn" about hell and how to become saved by God. Many people seem to learn lessons after these disturbing experiences.

If you are more interested, there is a good summary on religioustolerance .com

So why are Christians scaring people into submission? If their ideas are so powerful and strong, why are they afraid of anyone who has a different idea? Why is the Da Vinci Code persecuted and abolished by christians? If there's a lightning rod on a church, is that a lack of faith?

A big thing I have against organised religon that has a mortal in power that dictates what is right and wrong is that it kills individuality and free thinking. If the pope told the catholics to jump off a cliff, would he tell the ones who didn't they were going to hell? Maybe. Once people start listening to people and not working to understand things for themselves, they are giving up their ability to truely become who they are.

One thing I have also noticed is that christians snap. If they become frustrated and are alone in a discussion, they will snap. It is hard for them to remember that they are supposed to be christ-like. I have been beat up because I told someone my idea of Existence-ism and the Art of Being

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by GhostDance
What exactly am I being saved from if I become a Christian?

Your money!

OB1-adobe
Okay, here is the religious question of the century.

Are you ready?

What do you think of when you think of corn?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

Are you ready?

I wish I understood what you are talking about, please help me.

debbiejo
Well there is a band group called corn..They're scary.

And to the one posted earlier...Not all homeschoolers have problems. Look at Einstein and Edison.

Atlantis001
Corn ? Well... I think of popcorn... is it a bad thing ? confused

debbiejo
"Children of the Corn"....Scary movie.Jumpy

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

Are you ready?

I think of potatoes. The king of vegetables. And maybe Mr. Potato Head, he was such a cool toy.

HairyPooper
God 365 times tells us to FEAR NOT in the Bible.

Further in Proverbs the Righteous are as bold as a lion.

Also God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind. II Timothy 1:7.

Further far as brainwashed. Then that means everyone in the church would be a Christian. But nonChristians go there and they dont come out believing in Jesus.

Far as Hell, It is false that Christians are afraid of going to Hell and that is why they follow God is out of fear. Noo, Christians arent afraid of going to Hell cause we are saved in Jesus and have no need to fear going there.

Christianity is based on faith in God, not fear of God.

Far as being born a Christian from birth. That isnt a real Christian. BIble says, Jesus says we must be born AGAIN. No one is born a Christian. People are born in teh flesh, but born AGAIN of the spirit. A person can read a Bible and go to church or mass and be an usher and a sunday school teacher and appear to be religious and Christian, but that doesnt make them a real Christian any more than going to BK makes someone a hamburger.

HairyPooper
In the Bible no where will anyone find any words from God telling the righteous or Christians to be afraid or to be morons or any such thing. Ive read the Bible at least 5 times all the way through not skipping a thing.

leonheartmm
hairypooper, either ur dum, or ur brainwashed n AFRAID.

HairyPooper

I went to public school all my life

Heard about evolution, etc.

but that didnt change my opinion of God and Jesus.

HairyPooper
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I think of potatoes. The king of vegetables. And maybe Mr. Potato Head, he was such a cool toy.

I like vegetables! eek!

debbiejo
Get a grip pooper.

HairyPooper
Originally posted by leonheartmm
hairypooper, either ur dum, or ur brainwashed n AFRAID.

Im not even going there on the first one.

But mind you I have an AA degree and will shortly have a BA/BS degree.

Im not brainwashed. I have rarely been to church in my life.

Ive been there just 2 years if that when I was very little.

Then a huge break and then only there for a few years.

That's it. So just a few years of church.

Ive been in the world and in public schools and heard about evolution and heard Gods name in vain.

I wasnt kept from any of that stuff like a brainwashed person would be.

Further the majority of my family isnt Christian. Only a few but they dont even live real near to me.

Further Jesus Himself said that those who come to Him come because they are drawn NOT because they were brainwashed.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

HairyPooper
I do have a grip on Jesus.

But I do like vegetables. Well save mushrooms. Well only one kind I like.

Shakyamunison
Get a grip pooper.

What? Are you saying get a grip on the poop? laughing

debbiejo
Originally posted by HairyPooper
I do have a grip on Jesus.

But I do like vegetables. Well save mushrooms. Well only one kind I like. What church or denomination are you?

Boris
Originally posted by Darth Nepulis

Both.

stop_sign

you cant be Christian at birth...you have to make that choice on your own and yes lots of "christians" are christians because their parents tell them to and they tell them what to believe but that is their choice and if your really saved you dont fear hell because you know your not going there if the only reason you believe in God is because your afraid of hell then you really cant be really saved. People have the choice to believe in God or not if they are not saved through Christ they send themselves to hell God does not do that because they made that choice on there own God gave them the option.

debbiejo

FeceMan

It is no more brainwashing than the beliefs that Christians are evil, perverted individuals who be hatin' them queers.

MC Mike

Yes.

sammii

I agree

lil bitchiness
One thing, and this goes for any religion this might apply.

Getting someone to believe something without understanding it, is ideological and political, NOT, and I repeat NOT spiritual.

The Phantom

Also, a lot of them probably believe in God because they fear Hell and what he might do to him if he really does exist and they don't believe in him. I agree with this topic 100000000000000%!

Punker69

I've been a christian my whole life and im not brainwashed. Neither am I scared. I have experienced God at my owns points of life and have decided to live for him myslef.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Punker69
I've been a christian my whole life and im not brainwashed. Neither am I scared. I have experienced God at my owns points of life and have decided to live for him myslef.

How do you know? That is part of the brainwashing. laughing

debbiejo
Sure is. I was gonna say the same thing....How would you know, if you never knew anything else!

Punker69
How do you know? That is part of the brainwashing. laughing

I dont want to know anything else. And I dont really feel like going into all the details of the miracles God has laid before my life right now. But im not brainwashed and have experienced God's love for myself and can honestly say I haven't been brainwashed nor am I living in some sort of fear.

debbiejo
I dont want to know anything else. And I dont really feel like going into all the details of the miracles God has laid before my life right now. But im not brainwashed and have experienced God's love for myself and can honestly say I haven't been brainwashed nor am I living in some sort of fear. I'm not a Christian and I have miracles happen too. What I would call god is bigger than a religion, It's what all is.......IT doesn't play favorites..or games.

Shakyamunison
I dont want to know anything else. And I dont really feel like going into all the details of the miracles God has laid before my life right now. But im not brainwashed and have experienced God's love for myself and can honestly say I haven't been brainwashed nor am I living in some sort of fear.

I do think, he does protest too much. wink

I was there once, I understand. If you are not brainwashed then you should learn other religions of the world, it will strengthen your faith. But if you are brainwashed, then they will tell not to learn other religions of the world, and you will simply not want to.

Punker69
I do think, he does protest too much. wink

I was there once, I understand. If you are not brainwashed then you should learn other religions of the world, it will strengthen your faith. But if you are brainwashed, then they will tell not to learn other religions of the world, and you will simply not want to.

At the Christian college I am going to go to when I graduate ( A branch of the church I attend) they do teach about other religions. Even though I have no interest in other religions I will still take the course to show that i've at least studied them and understand them.

Punker69
It's what all is.......

Even the rapist, drug dealers, murderes, cheaters, stealers, etc. Do you understand how stupid that sounds?

Shakyamunison
Even the rapist, drug dealers, murderes, cheaters, stealers, etc. Do you understand how stupid that sounds?

According to your religion, even those people after a life of causing pain for others, can be forgiven and enter heaven.

Adam_PoE

At the Christian college I am going to go to when I graduate ( A branch of the church I attend) they do teach about other religions. Even though I have no interest in other religions I will still take the course to show that i've at least studied them and understand them.

You state, "I'm not brainwashed," but you preface this statement with, "I've been a Christian my whole life," and you go on to state, "I have no interest in other religions," and "I don't want to know anything else."

Not brainwashed indeed.

Furthermore, intending to attend a "Christian college... A branch of the church attend," and honestly believing that such an institution will teach about other religions in a fair and balanced way is further evidence of this.

Do you understand how you must sound?

Punker69
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
You state, "I'm not brainwashed," but you preface this statement with, "I've been a Christian my whole life," and you go on to state, "I have no interest in other religions," and "I don't want to know anything else."

Not brainwashed indeed.

Furthermore, intending to attend a "Christian college... A branch of the church attend," and honestly believing that such an institution will teach about other religions in a fair and balanced way is further evidence of this.

Do you understand how you must sound?

They do teach fair. They dont teach "their" agenda. They teach the facts about the religions. Thats it.

So being happy with my religion means im brainwashed...umm..ok.

How exactly do I sound? I happen to think that I sound like someone who just stated that im not brainwashed and am going to learn about other religions when I get into college.

Punker69
According to your religion, even those people after a life of causing pain for others, can be forgiven and enter heaven.

I didn't say they couldn't. I fully believe they can with all my heart. But their sins are not of God but of the devil and debbiejo said that ALL is God and that include people and their actions and sins which is not true.

Makedde
I find it sick that a rapist/killer can just become a Christian, tell God he's sorry, and go to Heaven, because God forgives. What about the families of the victims? They don't forgive, so why should God? God doesn't know the pain.

Punker69
Originally posted by Makedde
I find it sick that a rapist/killer can just become a Christian, tell God he's sorry, and go to Heaven, because God forgives. What about the families of the victims? They don't forgive, so why should God? God doesn't know the pain.

I find it wonderful. How we could do the most rotten things imaginable and God will still love us because we are his children. We can turn our back on God but he will never turn his back on us no matter what we do. I find is simply amazing and awesome. God shed his blood on the cross so every one of our sins could be forgiven. But the rapist and killer get the consequences. I mean, they have to live the rest of their life knowing that they killed or raped someone and now know that it was wrong and horrid in the eyes of the Lord.

Makedde
God shouldn't forgive them though, does He not see the families suffering in grief and anger, and these people have been forgiven? I can't believe he could forgive people for such sick crimes, whether the person has to suffer the consequences, it just seems sickening to me that God can forgive so easily.

FeceMan
God shouldn't forgive them though, does He not see the families suffering in grief and anger, and these people have been forgiven? I can't believe he could forgive people for such sick crimes, whether the person has to suffer the consequences, it just seems sickening to me that God can forgive so easily.
Now this is what pisses me off.

One sec people will be like OMG GOOD GOD NOT SEND PEOPLE 2 HELL and the next they are like WTF FORGIVNESS NO SEND THE BAD PEOPLE 2 HELL.

Your arrogance at saying what God should and should not do is astounding. Considering He's, well, God, and you are...you...

Uh...don't talk.

Punker69

You find it sick, I find it awesome that I can do the most vile things imaginable and God will still love me and forgive me when I ask. Even though the things I do might hurt him he'll still welcome be with open arms. I have messed up alot in my life and the thought of God forgiving me fully is just so awesome to me. He is a God of forgiveness and restoration. I find it awesome beyond belief.

Makedde
You find it sick, I find it awesome that I can do the most vile things imaginable and God will still love me and forgive me when I ask.

You seem to be happy with the fact that you can go out and kill someone and then feel happy with the knowledge that God forgives you, I find it appalling, myself.

Probably why the Catholic Priests molest kids, they know God will forgive them, no matter how many lives they destroy.

Punker69
You seem to be happy with the fact that you can go out and kill someone and then feel happy with the knowledge that God forgives you, I find it appalling, myself.

Probably why the Catholic Priests molest kids, they know God will forgive them, no matter how many lives they destroy.

No. I wouldn't be happy with the fact that I killed someone seeing as hows its a memory that would haunt me my whole life. I just find the concept simply amazing how God can love us so much no matter what we do.

The priest that think like that will not be forgiven. If you do something bad under the mindset that you will be forgiven then I dont think God will forgive you until your a truly sorrow and come to repentance which is never comitting that sin again.

Anyways, I just find the concept of Christ's infinite love for us amazing. You look at it from a wrong perspective. Finding fault it Gods eternal love for you. Sin is sin. There is no sin greater than the other. Maybe in your eyes but in the eyes of the Lord sin is just sin. Whether you kill someone or tell a white lie. Its still sin but God looks past all that and looks at the fact that you a truly sorry for what you did. He welcomes you with open arms. No one on this planet is worthy of Christ's love. Not even you and not even me. We've all hurt God in our lifetime just as much as the rapist has. I find it amazing that God still loves us even after alot of us turn our backs on him he stills strives to have a relationship with us.

Shakyamunison
I didn't say they couldn't. I fully believe they can with all my heart. But their sins are not of God but of the devil and debbiejo said that ALL is God and that include people and their actions and sins which is not true.

There is nothing outside of God. To say that something is outside of God is to say that God is incomplete.

SolLuna
I have a friend who is a great girl. Unfortunately her Christian beliefs always make her see things in a very black/white way. She also tries to push her believes on others. She doesn't do it to me 'cause she already knows I don't stand for that crap, but it can get really annoying for other people.

Makedde
Originally posted by SolLuna
I have a friend who is a great girl. Unfortunately her Christian beliefs always make her see things in a very black/white way. She also tries to push her believes on others. She doesn't do it to me 'cause she already knows I don't stand for that crap, but it can get really annoying for other people.

I have never met anyone like this, thank God, but if I did, I'd be very firm with them. If you don't believe in any of what she says, tell her. Don't let her force her opinions on you.

SolLuna
Oh no believe me...she knows that about me. It's why she backed up the moment she realized how I am.

Makedde
Oh no believe me...she knows that about me. It's why she backed up the moment she realized how I am.

I am glad to hear of that. I wouldn't be able to stand it!

RoguePw25

People pushing or forcing anything on someone else is a problem whether is religion or peer pressure or anything else. But I'm a Christian and this is a problem that I see from many non-believers around me. They feel like Christians push their faith on them. I for one, do not do that. I'll tell you about God or the Bible, but if you don't want to hear it, hey, I'm not going to force it.

But I don't like when Christians try to force religion on people. You can't "make" anyone see it your way. And for one thing that I think that's why people see religion as so black and white. I was watching a show the other day and they tried to portray Christiainity...and I got royally upset because they were portraying it completly wrong! In the episode, this non-believer had come to Prayer Meeting. And the Christians around him, to me, scared him off, saying things like "If you forgive you go to heaven, if you don't, you go to hell." <--- this statement is wrong on so many levels! And it's not that black and white, there's a lot of grey in between. But a non-Chistian hearing this, they'd probably won't even bother because it sounds to strict.

Punker69
There is nothing outside of God. To say that something is outside of God is to say that God is incomplete.

No, sin and corruptness is not of God but of the Devil. Get over it.

Punker69
Originally posted by RoguePw25
People pushing or forcing anything on someone else is a problem whether is religion or peer pressure or anything else. But I'm a Christian and this is a problem that I see from many non-believers around me. They feel like Christians push their faith on them. I for one, do not do that. I'll tell you about God or the Bible, but if you don't want to hear it, hey, I'm not going to force it.

But I don't like when Christians try to force religion on people. You can't "make" anyone see it your way. And for one thing that I think that's why people see religion as so black and white. I was watching a show the other day and they tried to portray Christiainity...and I got royally upset because they were portraying it completly wrong! In the episode, this non-believer had come to Prayer Meeting. And the Christians around him, to me, scared him off, saying things like "If you forgive you go to heaven, if you don't, you go to hell." <--- this statement is wrong on so many levels! And it's not that black and white, there's a lot of grey in between. But a non-Chistian hearing this, they'd probably won't even bother because it sounds to strict.

I'm like that. I dont mean forcing my opinions on people but im a very black and white kind of guy. Alot of people try to justify their actions by using the grey but I see it as either right or wrong. Heaven or hell. Because when it all comes down to it that is correct.

redcaped
No matter how you wash your brain will still be dirty.

Xirius
Why are there so many anti-Christian threads?
If you think that too many Christians try to convert people or impose their beliefs on others, then give out about people who force beliefs on others.
If you think too many Christians take the Bible literally, give out about people who take things at face value.
There is only one thing that every single Christian believes in common; that Jesus Christ is the son of God. So if you want to give out about Christians, use that.....otherwise, dont degrade yourself by generalising!

Mindship
To an extent, persistence of Culture, overall, involves some "brain-washing." The problem with religion specifically (what helps to turn it into religionism) is that the MGIBTYG mentality sets in and dominates, especially if that religion feels it has to prove something to others.

redcaped
Those rejecting after the hearing permanent execution.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by redcaped

That is something you are wrong about.

Punker69
Originally posted by redcaped

What are you even talking about?

cipriani
I DO BELIEVE IN GOD! AND I AM A CHRISTIAN.IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD DON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT THEN.PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN GOD ARE NOT BRAINWASHED BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED!

debbiejo
Originally posted by cipriani
THE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED! And nonbelievers don't? Many nonbelievers used to be believers at one time...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by cipriani
I DO BELIEVE IN GOD! AND I AM A CHRISTIAN.IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD DON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT THEN.PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN GOD ARE NOT BRAINWASHED BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED!

Are you trying to step on our freedom of speech? roll eyes (sarcastic)

FeceMan
Are you trying to step on our freedom of speech? roll eyes (sarcastic)
Just ignore it.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by FeceMan
Just ignore it.

Thanks, but I'm not going to burn an embassy over it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

RoguePw25
I'm like that. I dont mean forcing my opinions on people but im a very black and white kind of guy. Alot of people try to justify their actions by using the grey but I see it as either right or wrong. Heaven or hell. Because when it all comes down to it that is correct.

Perhaps when it comes down to it, maybe, but my point was that saying that to a Non-Christian would completly set them off so that they won't even be bothered. When it comes down to it, it's what Romoan 10:9 says, if you belive that Jesus rose from the dead and believe in Him, then you will be saved. We, as humans are not perfect an God knows that. He knows that we will mess up sometimes, but it's all about what you do about it. Do you ask for forgiveness? Do you try to do better? Things like that.

It's a lot more complex.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.