The Gundam Epyon vs the Death Stinger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darkstorm Zero
The Gundam Epyon
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/mecha/oz-13ms.jpg

OZ-13MS Gundam Epyon

General and Technical Data

Model number: OZ-13MS
Code name: Gundam Epyon
Unit type: transformable mobile suit
Manufacturer: OZ (Organization of Zodiac)
Operator(s): White Fang; Gundam pilots
First deployment: AC 195
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 17.4 meters
Weight: empty 8.5 metric tons; max gross weight unknown
Construction: gundanium alloy
Powerplant: ultracompact fusion reactor, power output rating unknown
Performance ability levels: fighting 160; weapons 140; speed 160; power 150; armor 140
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Epyon System combat computer/pilot interface in cockpit
Fixed armaments: beam sword, directly powered by generator via cable, stored in rack on right hip armor, hand-carried in use
Optional fixed armaments: shield, mounted on left forearm, mounts heat rod, retractable

Technical and Historical Notes

Designed and built by OZ leader Treize Khushrenada during the political and military chaos occuring in AC 195, the OZ-13MS Gundam Epyon was intended to be the physical manifestation of Treize's martial ideals. Based on combat data acquired on the Gundams fighting OZ and the Romefeller Foundation, the Gundam Epyon ("epyon" is Greek for "next"wink was intended to be the perfect weapon for Treize's envisioned perfect soldier.
Rather than incorporating ranged weapons used by "cowardly" soldiers with no warrior's sense of fulfillment, Treize armed the Epyon with only two weapons: a razor-sharp, retractable tentacle heat rod - effective for both grappling and slicing enemies at high speed - and a large beam sword, connected directly to the mobile suit's generator via a power cable. These "duelist's" weapons were the only weapons a "true" soldier would need, and Treize, seeing the personal philosophies he lived by embodied in the Gundam pilots, waited until the day he could give his perfect weapon to one of these perfect soldiers. In addition to these melee weapons, the Epyon could transform into a mobile armor mode for atmospheric flight and added speed and mobility.

That day came when Treize - having withdrawn his support for the Romefeller Foundation's new direction of purpose - was under seige in his Luxenbourg headquarters by Romefeller loyalists attempting to take out Treize and his proud supporters. Gundam pilot Heero Yuy arrived on the scene, and his meeting with Treize ended in Heero's acquiring the Gundam Epyon for his personal use. To Heero's surprise, the Epyon incorporated a dangerous cockpit system similar to that of the XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero - one that interfaced directly with the pilot's mind, eliminating all doubts and fears and providing its pilot with unquestionable knowledge of his enemies and the ability to achieve total victory. Heero, having already had this disturbing experience with the Wing Zero, quickly mastered this new Gundam's "Epyon System," though he would later end up trading mobile suits with former OZ pilot Zechs Merquise, who had just recently acquired the Wing Zero himself. Zechs would keep the Gundam Epyon for the remainder of the fighting occuring that year, leading his own soulless mobile doll "troops" on the front lines against Treize's World Nation and the Gundam pilots.

Miscellaneous Information

Pilot(s): Zechs Merquise (aka Milliardo Peacecraft), Heero Yuy

vs

The Death Stinger
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/mecha/11zoids_07v.gif

Zoid Information:
Model: Death Stinger
Type: L Class Sea Scorpion, Land-Sea
Specialty: Amphibious Assault, Underwater Combat
Function: Amphibious Heavy Assault/Command
Alignment: Guylos Empire
Designation: EZ-036

Tech Specs

TAIL EXTENDED
Height: 4.6 m
Length: 28.8 m

TAIL DEPLOYED
Height: 10.7 m
Length: 19.4 m

Weight: 320.0 T
Max. Speed (open range): 185 km/h
Max. Speed (open water): 72.0 kt
Crew: 1

Basic Armaments:
- Strike Laser Fangs
- Strike Laser Scissor Claws
- Laser Cutters (Rear mounted)
- Underwater Adaptations
* Environmentally Sealed Cockpit
- Sonar System
* 3 Mile Range
- Energy Shield Generator (Head Mounted)
- Quad AZ 35mm Vulcan Cannons (Head Mounted)
- Twin AZ 105mm Linear Cannons (Claw Mounted)
- Charged Particle Cannon (Tail Tip Mounted)
- Twin AZ 120mm Hyper Laser Guns (Tail Tip Mounted)
- Twin AZ 120mm Hyper Beam Guns (Tail Tip Mounted)

Specialty Armaments:
- 930mm Double-Barreled Shock Gun (Back Mounted)

Distinguishing Features:
Incredibly dangerous and powerful new Zoid type that first surfaced after the end of the Helic-Guylos wars. Armed to the teeth, bristling with weapons and nearly unstoppable. Capable of destroying cities even when deployed in orbit...

Which of these mechanical menaces would win in a one on one duel?

Swanky-Tuna
I remember liking Epyon a lot. Probably because it had a whip. It was like a giant slavemaster.

Darkstorm Zero
Heh, slavemaster mech, thats cool.

But, do you think it could defeat the Apocalyptic Arachnid?

StyleTime
I've seen both in action and I'd say Epyon takes this easily. The Death Stinger's only weapon that will hurt Epyon is the tail cannon. Epyon, however, will dodge the cannon just like it dodges Wing Zero's buster cannon. Epyon can also fly and has the Zero system installed on its computer.

Gundams>Zoids

Epyon 10/10

thesilverspider
that piece of crap scorpion can even move at decent speeds to even do anything to epyon.this fight is over in 2 sec's.
now back to the comic threads.

King KAM
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I remember liking Epyon a lot. Probably because it had a whip. It was like a giant slavemaster. That shit aint funny.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by King KAM
That shit aint funny.
There's nothing not funny about vikings.

King KAM
There's nothing not funny about vikings. F'uck slave masters, black people dont find shit funny bout it

Swanky-Tuna
F'uck slave masters, black people dont find shit funny bout it
You're saying black people were the only people who've been slaves? I find that offensive.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by StyleTime
I've seen both in action and I'd say Epyon takes this easily. The Death Stinger's only weapon that will hurt Epyon is the tail cannon. Epyon, however, will dodge the cannon just like it dodges Wing Zero's buster cannon. Epyon can also fly and has the Zero system installed on its computer.

Gundams>Zoids

Epyon 10/10

This is highly ambiguous. Firstly, The Epyon lacks anything that could seriously damage the Stinger, it's Heat Rod is utterly useless against arour capable of withstanding magma, and the Beam Sword is going to have trouble cutting through the armour to, remember, this thing survived a crashlanding from upper orbit, that includes reentry and full impact into solid ground. Thats two feats beyond Epyon's capability, secondly, there are many weapons other than the Charged Particle Cannon capable of damaging Epyon:

Plus this thing is no slouch in close combat either, and it's capable of tunneling...

grey fox
The death stinger , mainly because it's one tricky sonovabitch .

It's shield can take anything that is thrown at it and the charged particle cannon can obliterate the epyon(it can fire in a arc people!)

StyleTime
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
This is highly ambiguous. Firstly, The Epyon lacks anything that could seriously damage the Stinger, it's Heat Rod is utterly useless against arour capable of withstanding magma, and the Beam Sword is going to have trouble cutting through the armour to, remember, this thing survived a crashlanding from upper orbit, that includes reentry and full impact into solid ground. Thats two feats beyond Epyon's capability, secondly, there are many weapons other than the Charged Particle Cannon capable of damaging Epyon:

Plus this thing is no slouch in close combat either, and it's capable of tunneling...
None of of those weapons are anything that Epyon hasn't been shot with before. Deathstinger may be able to survive magma, but magma doesnt hit with an actual force behind it. Some hits from the Epyon will hurt Death Stinger. Not to mention, Epyon is far more maneuverable than Death Stinger. How will Death Stinger hit it?

King KAM
You're saying black people were the only people who've been slaves? I find that offensive. I dont give a damn what you find offensive

Swanky-Tuna
I dont give a damn what you find offensive
Then I guess that makes all this pointless if neither of us cares what the other thinks.

King KAM
Then I guess that makes all this pointless if neither of us cares what the other thinks. so?

Swanky-Tuna
What if Epyon just flips the zoid over onto its back?

so?
Exactly.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by StyleTime
None of of those weapons are anything that Epyon hasn't been shot with before. Deathstinger may be able to survive magma, but magma doesnt hit with an actual force behind it. Some hits from the Epyon will hurt Death Stinger. Not to mention, Epyon is far more maneuverable than Death Stinger. How will Death Stinger hit it?

Magma at that depth also has unbeleivable pressure, there's more force in that pressure than 20 Eypon heat rods...

Yes, the Epyon is without a doubt faster and more maneuverable, but the DS has hit faster targets with it's slowest weapon. it shot down an incoming Gravity Cannon shell, it has also brought down many fast and/or agile opponents before. Like Irvine's Command Wolf, a Lightning Saix, a flying Storm Sworder, and even the Geno Breaker...

Hasn't been shot with before? I can assure you thast Epyon hasn't been hit with anything of the scale of a 930MM weapon, let alone a Shockwave inducer... and the CPC is far superior a weapon.

StyleTime
The magma has great pressure but it was being applied over a much wider area. I am still pretty sure Epyon's rod would damage Death Stinger.

The Gravity Cannon shell was on a set path, so it was predictable. Lightning Saix, Storm Sworder and Geno Breaker getting hit were PIS. It was understandable PIS because a super end boss type monster missing some lesser characters would have been anti climactic, but it was PIS nonetheless.

As for the weapons. The 930 MM Shock Gun won't hit Epyon. The only weapons that have a chance of hitting Epyon are the the 105MM and 120 MM guns which are comparable to the Leo rifles.

Darkstorm Zero
The Shock Guns don't have charge up delays like the CPC does, they fire instantly, and they spread out like a shotgun without the loss of power.

I'm still unconvinced that the Heat Rod actually has more damage potential than a high pressure magma flow, remember that Eva unit 2 nearly got crushed to death at far less pressure than the Death Stinger was going, and it diodn't have to wear a protective suit in that environment either...

StyleTime
Epyon has dodged Wing Zero's buster rifle at nearly point blank range. I am still confident in its ability to dodge all of Death Stingers weapons except for the smaller guns.

Pressure is still different from force. For example, for every 1000 squ. centimers of the human body, Earth's atmosphere exerts a pressure of about 1 ton. Despite the fact that you have several tons of pressure acting upon you, I could hit you and it would still hurt. It would be a similar situation to the Death Stinger vs Epyon.

dvampire
Epyon. A zoid can't match a Gundam IMO.

Darkstorm Zero
Thats because earth atmospheric pressure is within human tolerance limits. Volcanic magma flows exert many millions of times that pressure, combined with the extreme temperature. thats considerably more destructive than a heat charged bullwhip...

@ DVamp: Care to explain your oppinion? Against almost any other Zoid, I would agree with you, but this is one of the few that can tackle just about any Mobile suit.

Swanky-Tuna
there's more force in that pressure than 20 Eypon heat rods...
Can you send me a link to where you got your stats?

Darkstorm Zero
Can you send me a link to where you got your stats?

Magmatic pressure usually equal to 3000 atmospheres Wikipedia

Now, I'm fairly sure that the heat rod does not exert 3000 + tonns of force per hit with the Rod.

Anyways, it took the power of a Black hole to crack the armour anyways, and even then it did not complely destroy the Stinger

Nataku8188
Epyon cleft space station Barge with his energy blade, which also easily cuts through gundanium. The sword will cut through the zoid, end of story,

GalacticStorm
Hey!!!! He's back!!!! eek!

Darkstorm Zero
I'd like to see that fact proven, since the Stinger survived not one, but two things that would kill ANY mobile suit you could name.

#1: Crashing from upper orbit, that means not unly reentry, but impact. And survived completely undamaged.

#2: Surviving in Lava freely withiout any ill effects.

Oh and allow me to remind you that although the Beam Swored b0rked Barge, I would say that the Epyon would need to keep stabbing at the Death Stinger till it can get at the core, and doing so will leave Epyon very vulnerable to most of the Stingers firepower.

Also, if the DS has Ambient, then it has the bonus ability to regenerate lost arour and parts.

Nataku8188
I'd like to see that fact proven, since the Stinger survived not one, but two things that would kill ANY mobile suit you could name.

#1: Crashing from upper orbit, that means not unly reentry, but impact. And survived completely undamaged.

#2: Surviving in Lava freely withiout any ill effects.

Oh and allow me to remind you that although the Beam Swored b0rked Barge, I would say that the Epyon would need to keep stabbing at the Death Stinger till it can get at the core, and doing so will leave Epyon very vulnerable to most of the Stingers firepower.

Also, if the DS has Ambient, then it has the bonus ability to regenerate lost arour and parts.

WING gundam survived a blast from Space station barge, head on. A blast that easily took out entire floating colonies. That's how strong Gundanium is.

Hell, all the Mobile suits can enter earth's atmosphere from Upper orbit without taking much damage at all, and Zero was nearly undamaged from getting slammed into a mountainside from Epyon, which is much more force than the impact from falling. Why? Terminal velocity.

Nevermind that Lava only has surface area pressure, while the Beam saber is focused pressure, that's like laying a 100lb slab of concrete on someone, or laying a 100lb pole on someone, the pole is going to be a lot more pressure. It's the PSI.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Nataku8188
WING gundam survived a blast from Space station barge, head on. A blast that easily took out entire floating colonies. That's how strong Gundanium is.

Hell, all the Mobile suits can enter earth's atmosphere from Upper orbit without taking much damage at all, and Zero was nearly undamaged from getting slammed into a mountainside from Epyon, which is much more force than the impact from falling. Why? Terminal velocity.

Nevermind that Lava only has surface area pressure, while the Beam saber is focused pressure, that's like laying a 100lb slab of concrete on someone, or laying a 100lb pole on someone, the pole is going to be a lot more pressure. It's the PSI.

Firstly, here's a little peice of trivia for you, it took a black hole generating chell to crack the Stingers armour, nothing less worked on it.

Reentry and crashing from the same fall? or is it controlled reentry and then controlled landing? and being slammed into a mountain from far less distance is not quite the same as dropping 70.000 meters through reentry point (you know, the part that makes you look like a damed comet?), exploding on impact and surviving.

Surface pressure? ok, remaining fully submerged in magma miles from the surface for a few days does not constitute endurance, even though any gundam you could name would have melted within minutes... does not constitute an imperviousness to heat, let alone a heat based weapon (Namely the heat rod) and a resistance to an energy based weapon (The beam sword)?

Admittedly if the Epyon could concentrate enough sword strikes at the Stingers main body without Ambient being there, then maybe the Beam sword could open up the Stinger well enough to get a shot at the Core.

Swanky-Tuna
Now, I'm fairly sure that the heat rod does not exert 3000 + tonns of force per hit with the Rod.
I was going to say something like its arm weighing more than 3000 tons but I just looked up the dimensions and holy crap, according to wikipedia the whole thing weighs almost half as much as a school bus. That's some magical metal that gundanium. That Epyon has to be powerful manueverable.

Nataku8188
Firstly, here's a little peice of trivia for you, it took a black hole generating chell to crack the Stingers armour, nothing less worked on it.

Reentry and crashing from the same fall? or is it controlled reentry and then controlled landing? and being slammed into a mountain from far less distance is not quite the same as dropping 70.000 meters through reentry point (you know, the part that makes you look like a damed comet?), exploding on impact and surviving.

Surface pressure? ok, remaining fully submerged in magma miles from the surface for a few days does not constitute endurance, even though any gundam you could name would have melted within minutes... does not constitute an imperviousness to heat, let alone a heat based weapon (Namely the heat rod) and a resistance to an energy based weapon (The beam sword)?

Admittedly if the Epyon could concentrate enough sword strikes at the Stingers main body without Ambient being there, then maybe the Beam sword could open up the Stinger well enough to get a shot at the Core.

It took the pressure of a black hole huh? If you're so sure of this suits ability to win then why make the thread?

Nothing is going to change your mind so no need to continue the debate.

Darkstorm Zero
My point was to prove a few people wrong, not all zoids are weak compared to Gundams. I'll admit that most Zoids stand no chance against a Gundam, but I have proven that now ALL Zoids are weak in comparison.

Death Stinger 8/10

Epyon 2/10 If it doesn't get blasted while trying to open up the Stinger to get a shot at the core.

songi
Even though you do put up a good point Dark-Storm Zero, Epyon has the speed and weapons to defeat a Death Stringer, I agree Death is strong and can defeat him if and this is a Major If, Death can get a hold of Epyon, like someone said before. "Epyon Dodge Wing Zero' Energy Rifle" and I watch Zoids and Gundam all the time so do not think i play Favorites. Epyon has the speed and strength if he can hit the Death Stringer in a Critical spot. Also do not forget the Whip is also a Shield, so it can most likely take anything the Death Stringer throws at him. If you do wish to argue then lets begin alucardwink1

bean_machine
...I would agree with you, but this is one of the few that can tackle just about any Mobile suit.

Except the mighty Devil Gundam, which should have never lost. sad

This Gundam would own any Zoid any day make it its ***** and then improve it with its DG cells to do its bidding.

grey fox
Originally posted by bean_machine
Except the mighty Devil Gundam, which should have never lost. sad

This Gundam would own any Zoid any day make it its ***** and then improve it with its DG cells to do its bidding.

Doubt it , as i earlier stated the Charged particle cannon cna be fired in an arc , the Death stingers armour is so strong it took the equivalent pressure of a black hole to crack it's armour.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.