Luke Skywalker vs Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fisto/katarnrul
who would win in this ultimite fight
Kyle Katarn who has seen both sides of the force and who is the greatest lightsaber deulist of the new jedi order

or Luke Skywalker the son of the chosen one who was trained by yoda and obi-wan

only one can emerge victorious

Dark Envy
Originally posted by fisto/katarnrul
who would win in this ultimite fight
Kyle Katarn who has seen both sides of the force and who is the greatest lightsaber deulist of the new jedi order

or Luke Skywalker the son of the chosen one who was trained by yoda and obi-wan

only one can emerge victorious

Which Luke?

fisto/katarnrul
the current luke in the eu like Katarn

Ganner Rhysode
If it's NJO Luke, NJO Luke wins. Every time.

Darth Faunus
Luke, obviously.

Se7in
Luke does something with his sword and wins.

darthsith19
Luke pwns

fisto/katarnrul
i think thier even but kyles got better lightaber skills

Dark Envy
i think thier even but kyles got better lightaber skills

Wrong, NJO Luke is a overpowered idiot.

fisto/katarnrul
wrong luke knows more about the force katarns the master of lightsaber combat

xxxpoppunker182
i think lukes better than kyle cause somewhere it's stated that kyp is second powerful only to luke so katarn isnt better than luke or kyp.

overlord
WHAAHAHHAHA!! He changed his title to 'not kit/kyle fan' to disguise his fanboyism.. It doesn't really help.

ssj3gohan007
NJO Luke is the leader of the new jedi council for a good reason, the reason being is that he is so powerful that versus threads with luke are pretty pointless.

overlord
Remember.. Yoda: "Thou can not go against teh fanboy"

Escape81
Firstly, if they were even then there's no way Kyle could have superior saber skills, now could he?

Secondly, NJO Luke would wipe the floor with 96.8 percent of the Star Wars characters. Kyle, sadly, falls into that percentile.

overlord
Originally posted by Se7in
Luke does something with his sword and wins. /\ Best comment in thread.

truejedi
You know, at the end of NJO, isn't Jacen the most powerful warrior ever? Luke is supposed to be amazing and all that, But Jacen becomes the greatest at the very end when he finally figures out his destiny.

fisto/katarnrul
im just stating that a lot of jedi from the old republic actually most of them could beat luke. luke has not had full jedi training he is married he goes against most of the old jedi ways. he's lucky he hasnt fell to the dark side forever

Darth Faunus
You need to brush up on your EU knowledge. No Jedi from any era can defeat Luke. None.

There are a couple of notable Sith who may be able to stand up to, perhaps even defeat him, such as Ragnos and Kun. But as Escape said, he would outright own 99% of the characters in the Star Wars galaxy. And the Jedi are part of that percentage.

Ianus
Yup. Luke is just too uber at this point.

Tangible God
I remember a time when Revan, Saodw or Nadd could defeat NJO Luke, alas no longer are they top dogs?

Darth Faunus
Oh, I'm just listing the obvious contenders. I'm sure those you listed could give Luke a run for his money, if not take him out. Except for Revan. . .

Ianus
Yeah, Ragnos is probably the most likely to pwn Luke, as would be Nihilus.

Darth Faunus
Well, Nihilus is, unfortunately, a given, unless Skywalker can nail him with 'oober greeeen furce lytning' first.

Ianus
Which will only make Nihilus nap.

LordMArkaRAgnos
Hey katarns much better at the lightsaber than luke.If it were the pre-njo luke than katarn ould easily defeat him.Nothings proves this more than lukes failure at defeating desann,whereas kyle defeated desann fair and square.

exanda kane
Thats because that was game where you controlled Kyle, not luke and you as Kyle had to save the galaxy.

LordMArkaRAgnos
STill the story is considered canonical.Even if it was a video game so what?.I agree the njo luke would be super powerful with the force and kyle would probably not stand a chance then.

exanda kane
I know its canonical. Thats a grand ol' shame.

It's not so extreme as the CW is, so you can't win an argument saying it's just because its a game, but in the JK series, Kyle back chats Luke with smart-arsed remarks. Not cool. You don't back chat Luke Skywalker. he wears black.

fisto/katarnrul
I hate everyone exaggerating NJO Lukes power. Everyones saying he could beat ancient sith and jedi hes not that powerful most pt jedi could beat him and so could Kyle. Luke is the most powerful of the new jedi order but hes only had Half the training the pt jedi did.

exanda kane
That comment seems really bias against Luke I must say.

I'd prefer if Luke wasn't so powerful but Lucas wanted more cash; hence... "What the hey! Let's continue the story post-RotJ, but of course we have to have luke Skywalker as the most powerful jedi and to make things interesting lets mess around with the Force and logic a bit"...

You can say you don't like Luke, but no ones is exaggerating his powerful from a personal opinion, it's because the NJO writers have made him soooo powerful that arguing his power just defies logic.

And if your suggesting Kyle had better jedi training than luke then you are wrong as hell, Kyle didn't even have a PT Jedi train him, he just went mad when one of his daddies drinking buddies was cut down.

Darth_Glentract
I hate everyone exaggerating NJO Lukes power. Everyones saying he could beat ancient sith and jedi hes not that powerful most pt jedi could beat him and so could Kyle. Luke is the most powerful of the new jedi order but hes only had Half the training the pt jedi did.

This is an EU suboforum. If you don't understand EU, leave. Kyle stands no chance against Luke. Luke, using just his left hand was specifically stated as stronger then anyone else alive in the order. Obviously Kyle is pwned.

Spearhead
While I like Katarn way more, it's asinine to think he'd win. While he might be a better duelist...chances are he wouldn't even get an opportunity to use his saber. Luke could overpower him with the Force in his sleep.

Darth_Glentract
Did you read my post? It was stated that even if Luke used just his left hand in a lightsaber fight, he could still beat anyone else at the academy. That includes people like Kyle. No way is Katarn even close in dueling ability.

Tidas
if its Njo luke then he would pawn Kyle just after the duel has started

Lightsnake
I really doubt any Sith could even stand up to Luke considering his sheer speed and power...That includes Ragnos and Kun. Kyle is no match for Luke in any respect. Kyle had a hard time with Jeng Droga....Luke was currently defeating Brakiss-Droga's boss-without trying

Spearhead
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Did you read my post? It was stated that even if Luke used just his left hand in a lightsaber fight, he could still beat anyone else at the academy. That includes people like Kyle. No way is Katarn even close in dueling ability.

blah blah, blah blah. I'm agreeing with you, or did you miss that?

Darth_Glentract
I saw that, you just said Kyle is the better duelist, which we know not to be true.

fisto/katarnrul
actually that is true it is stated that kyle is the formost battlemaster of the jedi academy

Darth_Glentract
Source and meaning?

exanda kane
actually that is true it is stated that kyle is the formost battlemaster of the jedi academy

However this does not imply he is the best duellist. Not by a long shot does it.

Lightsnake
It's true Kyle is the senior lightsaber instructor and battlemaster...of course, this has no meaning to him being the best saber fighter. On what we know, Luke'd destroy him and Corran Horn could match him

Espio X 20
Luke's be toying with Kyle...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/Ballister/kyletoy.jpg

darthsith19
Kyle Katarn is better in absolutely no way.

kamikz
Originally posted by darthsith19
Kyle Katarn is better in absolutely no way.

Yes, he has more cheesy lines.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.