Golden Globe Noms 2006

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fini

Mando
It's great to see 'Walk the Line' and 'Crash' get a few nominations. I'm surprised to see that PJ got his best director nomination, but none for best picture. Perhaps it's just the timing of the release date.

fini
nah, not cause of that, the acedemy doesn't care when its released, the individual movie houses send them the movies to vote on. What the rest of the world thinks about a movie does not influence its nomination.

MildPossession
I would like to see Meirelles win for Best Director.

Murray
I was very upset that Ralph Fiennes wasn't nominated for the Constant Gardener or White Countess. I'm glad Rachel Weisz scored a nod. I wold also love to see Fernando take home best director. I was also disappointed that Munich didn't snag a best picture or best actor for Eric Bana. I think people totally underestimate him as an actor. He's amazing.

Eis
Originally posted by Murray
I was very upset that Ralph Fiennes wasn't nominated for the Constant Gardener or White Countess. I'm glad Rachel Weisz scored a nod. I wold also love to see Fernando take home best director. I was also disappointed that Munich didn't snag a best picture or best actor for Eric Bana. I think people totally underestimate him as an actor. He's amazing.
I agree about Bana.

I hope Felicity Hauffman wins but for desperate housewives I haven't seen Transamerica.

KillTheLight

I agree with everything you wrote in this post thumb up

Mando
I was also disappointed that Munich didn't snag a best picture or best actor for Eric Bana. I think people totally underestimate him as an actor. He's amazing.

I've always known Bana was a great actor. I think people didn't think much of him, because of his role in the Hulk. For that matter, Why is 'the Hulk' hated so much? Nick Nolte, and Erica bana were great actors in that movie. But to get back on topic, I never liked the Globes anyway. I thought The 'Academy Awards' were better at deciding these things.

Solo
Very glad that Dillon was nominated for Crash.

Mando
Dillon is a great actor IMO. Even when he was younger. I.e. The Outsiders.

Myth
I wish Crash got nominated for best picture. I'm happy but surprised to see A History of Violence as a nominee. Whats great is that from now on we will see "Golden Globe Nominee Will Ferrell" in movie trailers.

botankus
I've only seen one of these movies, and that was Good Night & Good Luck, which should have been named Good Night & Good Nap. I was a little sleep-deprived when I saw the movie, & that more than took care of my problem.

Solo
Originally posted by Myth
I wish Crash got nominated for best picture.

Seriously, it very much deserves it.

fini

Quiero Mota
Too bad Zhang Ziyi didn't get it for the Geisha movie. That b"tch is FINE, ey? And the how the hell did that gay cowboy movie get the award???? I guess it's cuz Hollywood is full of pinche jotos!

fini
uhhh, being fine doesn't mean that you're gonna get an ACTING award!!!!!!!!!

And if the gay cowboy movie is a really good movie, then why shouldn't it?!?!? Have you seen it? Do you know if its better or worse than the other movies up there??

If you just basing your comments on what you've heard and about the content, then GO grow up, learn how they judge movies for these awards and in the meantime, shut up.

.Dance_Inside.
I'm so happy that Reese and Joaquin won! smile

and I'm really happy Cillian Murphy got a nomination!

Solo
The Globes are a joke.

DarkWizard
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MOTION PICTURE

a. GEORGE CLOONEY
SYRIANA

b. MATT DILLON
CRASH

c. WILL FERRELL
THE PRODUCERS

d. PAUL GIAMATTI
CINDERELLA MAN

e. BOB HOSKINS
MRS. HENDERSON PRESENTS

no expression

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by fini
And if the gay cowboy movie is a really good movie

What the f**k? how?????????????????????????????

And what would be the incentive for a straight dude to that shit???????

Both Gyllenhall and Ledger are respectable actors, who I can't belive actually stooped to this. Seriously, how do you go from "Jar Head" to that? I guess Nathan Lane was too busy making "The Producers" when they started making that gay movie.

You hear about that theater in Salt Lake City that refused to show it?--> smart move!

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I guess it's cuz Hollywood is full of pinche jotos!

yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.