Are all heralds are equal in power?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
discuss....

joesha28
bump

King KAM
no

Dark Urizen
Didn't Morg beat Terrax and SS even before his WOL upgrade?
No, i don't think they're equal.

joesha28
ok who the most powerful of heralds...

pls give your rankings...

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by joesha28
ok who the most powerful of heralds...

pls give your rankings...

Use the Search feature. It's been done.

joesha28
pls give me the link...

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by joesha28
pls give me the link...

What the f**k?
Go on the main page, click on Search, click on advanced search, use the "look in titles only", choose the comic book section in the list, put in words like herald, strongest, etc. and find the link by your own lazy self laughing out loud

kgkg
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
Didn't Morg beat Terrax and SS even before his WOL upgrade?
No, i don't think they're equal.
Nope

Morg beat Terrax , Air-walker , Firelord together easily.

SS kicked Morg's ass when Silver Surfer got pissed.

roughrider
Silver Surfer was the first herald; Galactus gave him more power than anyone else. After he rebelled, Big G never granted quite as much power to the successors. Nova is likely no. 2.

golem370
What about Tyrant

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by roughrider
Silver Surfer was the first herald; Galactus gave him more power than anyone else. After he rebelled, Big G never granted quite as much power to the successors. Nova is likely no. 2.

The Fallen One was the first herald.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by golem370
What about Tyrant

Tyrant wasnt a herald he was created as more of a companion.

leonheartmm
the fallen one was the first AND most powerful herald. so powerful infact that his potential power was even above galactus's own power.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonheartmm
the fallen one was the first AND most powerful herald. so powerful infact that his potential power was even above galactus's own power.

I dont remember reading that anywhere in his two appearances in Thanos' title but yeah whatever you say. smile

He was very powerful though. Although Thanos still took him out like a b*tch.

NoFate007
How's that possible?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by NoFate007
How's that possible?

What are u referring to?

leonheartmm
agreed thanos took him out easier than precrisis supes would take out a lil kid, but we also know that that showing was a CLASSIC example of extreme PIS. {back again gs?}

a single casual blast from the fallen one was enough to destroy thanos's entire ship, n he also had galactus runnin from him then like a biatch.

The Ion
Fallen One got completed chumped out by Thanos. He looked rather pathetic. smile

The Ion
Originally posted by roughrider
Nova was a chump.

The Ion
agreed thanos took him out easier than precrisis supes would take out a lil kid, but we also know that that showing was a CLASSIC example of extreme PIS. {back again gs?}

a single casual blast from the fallen one was enough to destroy thanos's entire ship, n he also had galactus runnin from him then like a biatch.
How is it PIS if it's his only showing?

leonheartmm
thas not his only showing

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by The Ion
Fallen One got completed chumped out by Thanos. He looked rather pathetic. smile

Agreed

The Ion
Yes it is. He appeared in the last two issues of Thanos' mini series. He blew up his ship and then got chumped out. Thanos made him his herald. No PIS involved.

GalacticStorm
Yes it is. He appeared in the last two issues of Thanos' mini series. He blew up his ship and then got chumped out. Thanos made him his herald. No PIS involved.

You tell him. wink

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/fallenonethanos.htm

GalacticStorm
{back again gs?}

I only ever leave temporarily. Mostly when im bored or have a big workload. Thats why ive been away over the last 2 weeks.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I only ever leave temporarily. Mostly when im bored or have a big workload. Thats why ive been away over the last 2 weeks.

riiiight.............

roughrider
Tyrant was a companion, not a herald. He did no duties of a herald. He was like a son.

GalacticStorm
riiiight.............

Oh dont you start again. big grin

leonheartmm
Oh dont you start again. big grin

sigh, u havent been cured of the smilie virus have u{n i thought two weeks in rehab would produce some results, hmmph}

i was just wonderin if "retcons" didnt have anythin to do with ur late return............

GalacticStorm
sigh, u havent been cured of the smilie virus have u{n i thought two weeks in rehab would produce some results, hmmph}

i was just wonderin if "retcons" didnt have anythin to do with ur late return............

Have u seen the discussions going on in comic book forums? Have you read Official Handbook of Alternate Universes?

Didnt think so son. Not much has changed to be honest.

Sorry mate. sad

leonheartmm
lmao, so the obsessive compulsive disorder remains too eh{damn u rehab people, n i thought 54000 dollars a day would make a difference............sigh}

GalacticStorm
lmao, so the obsessive compulsive disorder remains too eh{damn u rehab people, n i thought 54000 dollars a day would make a difference............sigh}

Another flop attempt at humour.

Yes ive showed you up a bit in the past but this obsession is somewhat neurotic confused

Seriously Leon let it go. laughing out loud

Dark Urizen
Nova was a chump.

What the f**k?

Right..........a chump that gets to be the new Galactus after the Big Bang What the f**k?

leonheartmm
i just might u know, seein as mental treatment seems to have no affect on u n ur stepmom's trust fund is runnin out.............poor poor boy

GalacticStorm
What the f**k?

Right..........a chump that gets to be the new Galactus after the Big Bang What the f**k?

Where was that stated?

GalacticStorm
i just might u know, seein as mental treatment seems to have no affect on u n ur stepmom's trust fund is runnin out.............poor poor boy

This is really getting embarassing.

Humours really not your strong suit embarrasment sad

Dark Urizen
Where was that stated?

In the Galactus mini. Long story short, when Galactus lands on the Watcher's planet, he's found by a Watcher (go figure). He's in energy form and very vulnerable, but the Watcher is bound by his oath not to kill him (ergo interfering).

As time passes though he goes kinda apeshit realizing his failure to kill Galactus when he could've lead to so much death. He f*cks up a few galaxies, basically moving the suns and planets into a matrix of his choosing.

Galactus and Nova follow him. There are no more humans on Earth, so Galactus decides to finally eat it. He's at full power and goes after the Watcher. He finds him and starts fighting him.

It states on panel they fight till the end of the Universe, and then after Galactus wins, he rips open his armor, and all the energy he had accumulated in the span of his lifetime explodes creating the new Big Bang.

Nova becomes the new world-eater.

GalacticStorm
In the Galactus mini. Long story short, when Galactus lands on the Watcher's planet, he's found by a Watcher (go figure). He's in energy form and very vulnerable, but the Watcher is bound by his oath not to kill him (ergo interfering).

As time passes though he goes kinda apeshit realizing his failure to kill Galactus when he could've lead to so much death. He f*cks up a few galaxies, basically moving the suns and planets into a matrix of his choosing.

Galactus and Nova follow him. There are no more humans on Earth, so Galactus decides to finally eat it. He's at full power and goes after the Watcher. He finds him and starts fighting him.

It states on panel they fight till the end of the Universe, and then after Galactus wins, he rips open his armor, and all the energy he had accumulated in the span of his lifetime explodes creating the new Big Bang.

Nova becomes the new world-eater.

Thats not canon though so unfortunately it doesnt count.

Dark Urizen
Thats not canon though so unfortunately it doesnt count.

It's not? huh How come?

ps: It's called "The last Galactus Story". Here's the ending page.

GalacticStorm
It's not? huh How come?

ps: It's called "The last Galactus Story". Here's the ending page.

The fact that Novas dead in 616 should tell you its not continuity. Thats a possible future.

Dark Urizen
The fact that Novas dead in 616 should tell you its not continuity. Thats a possible future.

someone's dead in Marvel? Alert the media roll eyes (sarcastic)
She could be back among the living in a heartbeat stick out tongue
Thing is, that wasn't a what if, and i haven't seen anything that would indicate that that is a "possible" or "alternate" future, so i don't see why it's not canon erm
Either way, even if it isn't canon, i wouldn't call Nova a chump...

GalacticStorm
someone's dead in Marvel? Alert the media roll eyes (sarcastic)
She could be back among the living in a heartbeat stick out tongue
Thing is, that wasn't a what if, and i haven't seen anything that would indicate that that is a "possible" or "alternate" future, so i don't see why it's not canon erm
Either way, even if it isn't canon, i wouldn't call Nova a chump...

The fact that it hasnt happened, the fact that it depicts a future event tells you that it isnt within continuity.

Yeah people do come back to life alot but that doesnt mean Nova is suddenly going to just to fit in with a one shot.

Either way as far as we know theres no indication whatsoever that thats actually the future for 616 whereas theres several reasons that tell you it is nothing but a possible future.

Nova isnt a chump but shes no match for the other heralds.

Dark Urizen
The fact that it hasnt happened, the fact that it depicts a future event tells you that it isnt within continuity.

Yeah people do come back to life alot but that doesnt mean Nova is suddenly going to just to fit in with a one shot.

Either way as far as we know theres no indication whatsoever that thats actually the future for 616 whereas theres several reasons that tell you it is nothing but a possible future.

Nova isnt a chump but shes no match for the other heralds.

Yeah.......you have a point. I liked that story arc though. It was ok.
Yeah, she's not a match for Morg or some of the others. But she's gold eek!

laughing out loud

God......i need a life sad

K Von Doom
1. Asgardian Destroyer is likely the most powerful
2. Silver Surfer, I don't think anyone would argue here
3. Morg, beat Surfer 1-1 in first meeting, Surfer beat him 1-1 in subsequent meeting
4. Red Shift, powers are more varied than anyone lower
5. Terrax, likely just as powerful as Firelord but all out meaner
6. Firelord
7. Airwalker, supposed to be the most vulnerable of all heralds but military training puts him above...
8. Nova

thesilverspider
i'll put redshift below even airwalker cause the surfer took him out like it was nothing.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by thesilverspider
i'll put redshift below even airwalker cause the surfer took him out like it was nothing.

it's not an accurate ranking system smile

leonidas
urizen, gs is arguing so stridently against it because if it WERE canon, it would mean galactus, NOT the pf was the force that ended the universe and that would throw all pf theories out the window!! eek!

Tron
This needs to be moved, but I can't do anything about it from this computer right now...

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by leonidas
urizen, gs is arguing so stridently against it because if it WERE canon, it would mean galactus, NOT the pf was the force that ended the universe and that would throw all pf theories out the window!! eek!

Not necessarily. If you read that page i attached, it says the Universe dies around them until they're all that's left. Galactus isn't the cause of the death of the Universe. He's the cause of the new Big Bang.

thesilverspider
Not necessarily. If you read that page i attached, it says the Universe dies around them until they're all that's left. Galactus isn't the cause of the death of the Universe. He's the cause of the new Big Bang.

so he is still responsible for the creation of the next universe then something g's claims that pheonix will eventually do.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonidas

To be honest i never even thought of that. So stop jumping to conclusions!!! Im really not obsessive like that stick out tongue

I was just arguing the point that it wasnt canon because the reasons which made that the case were so obvious to me yet D.U. at the time couldnt see that. So i was just pointing them out until he did.

Now you've highlighted that point to me i'll be downloading this issue. Thanks Leo. big grin

leonidas
<<Now you've highlighted that point to me i'll be downloading this issue. Thanks Leo.>>

that's why i'm here.
big grin

and speaking of downloads -- coughhomcough --

AcousticDoc
It seems to me, the weaker the herald, the more loyal they will be to Galactus

thesilverspider
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
It seems to me, the weaker the herald, the more loyal they will be to Galactus
no not true since the surfer is still loyal to galactus.

Dizzle
Sorry DU, but, "The Last Galactus Story (The Ending that Never Was)" That's what your scan says, and stuff like that's usually a pretty good indicator of something that... never... actually... happened...

Anyhoo,
1. Asgardian Destroyer. Went up against 9 Celestials, and lasted a little bit. Didn't really do much but get slowly melted, but the fact that it actually took time is something.
2. Surfer. Yadda yadda, he's the Silver freaking Surfer.
3. Probably Fallen One. He hasn't shown power to the degree that Surfer has, but it's implied that they're at least pretty comparable.
4. Morg. He might edge FO, but whatever. He's evil now, which inherently makes him cooler, but weaker, than his good counterpart. (Surfer)
5. Red Shift. Surfer beats up everyone...
6. Terrax. DIDN'T job to Spiderman.
7. Firelord. See Terrax. But he DID job to Spiderman.
8. Airwalker. Haha, he's weaker than Firelord. And that's sad. sad
9. Nova. coughWEAKcough. I actually like Nova, but she's just so damn... weak... and inexperienced and all that.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Dizzle
Sorry DU, but, "The Last Galactus Story (The Ending that Never Was)" That's what your scan says, and stuff like that's usually a pretty good indicator of something that... never... actually... happened...

Thought that might have something to do with the fact that what happens in the comic happens at the end of the universe which hasn't....you know....occured yet? What the f**k?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.