Jet Li/ Jackie Chan Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordofwar
On Jet Li's website it says he is currently in talks with Jackie Chan about making a film together. He states that he and Jackie were going to do one in 94 in HK, but it never happened. He says he and Jackie are good friends and that they both want to do a movie together.

Mando
http://jetli.com/jet/index.php?s=work&ss=projects&p=jackiechan

^That's probably what you are speaking of.

MildPossession
I thought Jet Li isn't going to make any more films... he apparently said the film he is making now/just made is the last one.

lordofwar
Jet's young enough but Jackie's getting a bit old.

DeVi| D0do
I thought Jackie Chan had retired from action movies...

Wolfie
I thought Jet Li wanted to be respected as an actor with movies like Unleashed and get out of the kung fu movies.

SnakeEyes
laughing out loud

This thread cracks me up... I scrolled down, expecting to here some news about the possible film and all the posts are just people saying: "I thought..."

jaden101
tony jaa their collective ass anyway

MildPossession
Jet Li's big film at the moment is Fearless, Jackie Chan's is The Myth(nothing special imo) which came out some time ago and going to be working on Project BB, and the Rush Hour 3. As for Tony Ja, we still need to get Tom Yum Goong in most places around the world, The Body Guard 2 and Sword.

So quite some things to look forwards to.

WrathfulDwarf
I wouldn't dismiss Jackie just for being old. He is no teenage kid of course. But still has that energy to film a few stunts. And having Jet Li would be great. Now...get me John Woo as a director and we're in for blockbuster action flick.

DarkWizard
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
get me John Woo as a director and we're in for blockbuster action flick.

I never cared for John Woo. His action flicks just seem to be pure eye candy, and lack in good story and dialogue. Usually the only thing that brings out his movies are one good actor. I.e. John Travolta/Broken Arrow, Nick Cage/WindTalkers, Tom Cruise/M:I:2.

I'm Anxious to see what he does with 'Metroid' and 'He-man'.

Afterall, He is working on 6 2006 projects.

WrathfulDwarf
But on the positive side John Woo delivers entertaining and at times comedic factors to his films. Rather unfortunate that he has overdone it especially since he started doing films for big studios. The way I see is if an action film keeps you interested it works! No need for good story or even great dialogue. As long as the action flick keeps you wanting more then is all good.

DarkWizard
But on the positive side John Woo delivers entertaining and at times comedic factors to his films. Rather unfortunate that he has overdone it especially since he started doing films for big studios. The way I see is if an action film keeps you interested it works! No need for good story or even great dialogue. As long as the action flick keeps you wanting more then is all good.

Good Point. But I didn't find 'Broken Arrow' anything like you described. Did you?

WrathfulDwarf
No...not at all. I think a better description would be Hard Boiled. Hong Kong Police action movies are always fun. wink

DarkWizard
No...not at all. I think a better description would be Hard Boiled. Hong Kong Police action movies are always fun. wink

Rush Hour 2 laughing out loud

Wolfie
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
laughing out loud

This thread cracks me up... I scrolled down, expecting to here some news about the possible film and all the posts are just people saying: "I thought..."
I laughed too, that's why I began my post the way I did.

Tails x 20
lol yea

Tails x 20
Originally posted by Wolfie
I laughed too, that's why I began my post the way I did.

MildPossession
Have you seen any of his Non American films?

DarkWizard
Originally posted by MildPossession
Have you seen any of his Non American films?

I bought 'A better tommorow' and 'A better tommorow II' 2 Disc set in a 5 dollar bin. They were slightly above average movies IMO.

lordofwar
I hope Luc Besson or Corey Yuen directs this action flick. Yuen Woo-Ping should choreograph the fight scenes. I would love to see Woo Ping work with Li and Chan again.

silver_tears
I really enjoy Jet Li's work, that sounds exciting.

lordofwar
Director Zhang Yimou's partner producer Zhang Weiping said they were still working on the script for the long-awaited project with Jackie Chan and they might even ask Jet Li to join the cast as well. Zhang Weiping said this film would show a completely new Jackie Chan and would not be another Jackie Chan comedy. Jackie Chan is very excited by the project but Jet Li has said he would not do any more martial art films unless he finds a really good script. Both of them said they had been looking for an opportunity to work in the same film.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Dusty
http://jetli.com/jet/index.php?s=work&ss=projects&p=jackiechan

^That's probably what you are speaking of. penned by Robert Mark Kamen (Kiss of the Dragon, The Karate Kid). oh dear god.. that cant be good..

I think they'd be fun to watch together though smile

lordofwar
I've always wanted to see an action movie with Jackie Chan, & Jet Li. But with director Zhang Yimou oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. This will be awesome. They must also add Donnie Yen.

tntcheng
chinese kong fu is good!
But no every chinese is TRUE kong fu.
For example ChengLong......
hehe,he is showing Acrobatics.

maniaco
I watched 80 days around the world--jackie man! He rocks, I just love him!!

lordofwar

lordofwar
Val Sinckler talks with Jet Li about his film "Fearless" and a little about the "Jet Li and Jackie Chan" movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z7Q7xo7MEs

king_arthur
They are making it into a family movie.

Damo Iz God
I thought Jet Li isn't going to make any more films... he apparently said the film he is making now/just made is the last one.

It's his last 'Epic'.

Lyna303
no more "kung fu" movies...Fearless was supposed to be the last one of that...but he says that he will still make movies...
Originally posted by lordofwar
Jet's young enough but Jackie's getting a bit old.
i donno...i thought jet li was pretty old...hes 43...so i donno

Pandemoniac
I would still love to see it, but they should have teamed up for a movie like 10 years ago, when they were on their prime.

Bicnarok

office jesus
While Chan's earlier work is awsome ( Rumble in the Bronx, anyone? ), his recent 'attempts' have been horrible. I use 'attempts' very loosely. Very bad scripts..not to mention the incompetent acting..on both Chan AND supporting cast.

Council#13
Jackie does act like a bit of a goofball up there on the movie screen. It's more due to the characters that he plays and in which movies he acts in. Nowadays, he's just asked to do comedies, so you can't really blame him for that. Oh, the characters he always plays are one s who's fathers were killed and the protaganist is now seeking revenge.

I think that a Jet Li/Jackie Chan movie would be great. I personally think that Jet Li is the better martial artist, and it would be difficult to give the world's two most famous Kung Fu movie stars an equal part and keep the audience pleased.

office jesus
Yes. You can blame him for that. Accepting shit roles.

Council#13
Or accepting all roles. ermm

lordofwar
The Monkey King story sounds alright.

lordofwar

ragesRemorse
As long as there is no wires in the choreography the movie may have a chance at being decent.

lordofwar
Some unofficial/unconfirmed tidbits concerning The Forbidden Kingdom:

1: Jet has declined the role of playing the Monkey King, and another Chinese actor has been brought in for the role of the Monkey King. Monkey King would be an important storyline, but would only appear in a few scenes here and there in the film.

2. The role of the silent monk has less than 50 lines or so, so throughout the movie, Jet would not be speaking much.

3. Jackie is going to use a cucurbit as his weapon. (FYI, a lot of Chinese deities and Taoist who drink store wines in them) Jackie might be doing some drunken boxing according to one report.

4. Li Bingbing is going to fight both Jackie and Jet at separate occasions. And, her fight with Jet at the end would be the most important one. (So, we are not going to see a combat between Jackie and Jet. What a wasted opportunity! Having a girl without martial arts background dueling with two kung fu legends, and one of them is going to be a highlight. Highly uninteresting to me.)

5. Jackie is billed at 800 million RMB, with distribution right in China while Jet is billed with at 200 million RMB. (This caused some unpleasant discussion between the Chinese fans, dismissing the news as a fake. Well, we have to wait for official figure to confirm their billings. To me, it doesn't really matter, as long as the movie is good.)

What a waste of time it would be if jackie and Jet dont fight in this movie. My expectations are getting lower and lower.

Bicnarok
I Cannot stand jacky chan

lordofwar

Fanboy
Forbidden Kingdom is the name of it right?

lordofwar
Here is the trailer to the Forbidden Kingdon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE7ny2bfXF0

SnakeEyes
Looks pretty lame, imo.

super pr*xy
ooohh...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.