sick of Anti PT threads. Think of the future....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
sick of anti PT threads

Think in the future and try to put your minds in what the casual veiwer would think when he/she would be be seeing SW for the first time.

I seriously doubt they will be like: "If he doesn't turn to the darkside in this one I'm gonna be pissed."

To me Sw is 12 hours of something to do when I'm borded. They're fun to watch.

darthvader_fan
i think that GL will be sucsessful at the TV series

Darth Zhin
Agree with both your post.

a) in 20 years time the PT will be regarded as a clasic like the OT. Nothing we say here will change that.

b) any series he does will be a succes because we will ne there to watch it.

overlord
Pure speculation. Nobody can say the PT will turn out like as legendary as the OT after twenty years.
That's SuperShadow logic.
We can't judge this because we are fans.

You will have to wait till future is present....

Darth Zhin
All right then... nothing is sure.

But at least admit that the probabilities are high.

overlord
Well.. sad
I don't think the probability is high.. Sorry to say it..
But they are interesting and good entertainment though! We'll see if we may be influenced by nostalgia or something. That way, the PT stands a chance to survive the test of time.

darthvader_fan
YES

Darth Zhin
I see. Seems to be a matter of opinion them.

darthvader_fan
darth zhin do you want to be my apprentice

Darth Zhin

overlord
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
darth zhin do you want to be my apprentice Betrayal? Already? nono

Darth Zhin
What can I tell you? Treachery IS the way of the Sith.

We are just a bunch of little backstabers big grin

exanda kane
Unfortunately the PT will probably just be remembered by normal cinema goers in the same way Batman Forever is to the Batman franchise (yes I know that film was eugh but you see my point). much of the reason for the sucess of the PT was merely thhe nolstalgia from the OT, however i may be wrong.

The TV Series could go either way.

((The_Anomaly))
You are wrong

overlord
I am right.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/icons/v2/icon3.gif

WindDancer
Originally posted by Darth Zhin
Agree with both your post.

a) in 20 years time the PT will be regarded as a clasic like the OT. Nothing we say here will change that.

In the sense of fandom...yes. However as filmaking and history...it won't. The Original SW left a mark in both culture and cinemagratophy (sp?) The new SW is more CGI and adventure rather than storytelling.

Mando
Originally posted by Darth Zhin

I disagree. Especially, if compared to with the OT. In say, 20, 30, 40 years even. They will be considered as Entertaining movies, but when compared the the Original trilogy, They are just flicks. Don't get me wrong, they are good movies. They all have their moments for sure. But Around-the-world Classics?

Whisper
Always emotions the future...

Darth Zhin

Stun
I think the only movie that will be well remembered for a while is ROTS. On the whole, and the last few 'nostalgic' scenes linking up to the OT - on that basis including the fact that it was the last ever SW movie, so i think people WILL remember ROTS, or it will just be more outlined in contrast to 1 and 2

OB1-adobe
The point of this thread is that our opinions mean dick.

I know an 18 year old girl (whos hot by the way) who thinks 1-3 are awsome but 4-6 are boring and stupid. I met a kid that loves 3 but did not like 2, and has never seen 4-6. My nephew likes Star wars in general.

Its an undeniable fact that these films as a whole work even though we have ones that the general public think some are better than they other.

SW is going to go strong for years to come.

overlord
So you mean this thread was just useless and obvious?
Didn't see that one coming..

Mr Parker
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
The point of this thread is that our opinions mean dick.

I know an 18 year old girl (whos hot by the way) who thinks 1-3 are awsome but 4-6 are boring and stupid. I met a kid that loves 3 but did not like 2, and has never seen 4-6. My nephew likes Star wars in general.

Its an undeniable fact that these films as a whole work even though we have ones that the general public think some are better than they other.

SW is going to go strong for years to come.

that pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.