Are Dooku and Sids honourable, or just pussies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tangible God
Out of curiousity...if Dooku has strength enough to crush that metal pillar in AOTC, then why can't Dooku or Sidious crush the lightsaber hilts of the Jedi? e.g. their fights with Anakin, Obi, and Mace, and Yoda.

mace=badass
Because then we wouldn't have an entertaining movie.

Escape81
Originally posted by Tangible God
Out of curiousity...if Dooku has strength enough to crush that metal pillar in AOTC, then why can't Dooku or Sidious crush the lightsaber hilts of the Jedi? e.g. their fights with Anakin, Obi, and Mace, and Yoda.

He tipped it over.

DrDoom101

How is he gonna crush the crystal that forms lightsaber blades?

Tangible God
The pillar tipped true, it would take strength to do that though, with one hand while fending off Yoda.

And even if the crystal isn't crushed, a saber is complex enough so as to not function properly if other components have been broken.

Escape81
The pillar tipped true, it would take strength to do that though, with one hand while fending off Yoda.

And even if the crystal isn't crushed, a saber is complex enough so as to not function properly if other components have been broken.

Actually, Yoda and Dooku had stopped fighting at that point. And there is an extreme difference between crushing something and tipping it over. I can tip over my dad's motorcycle with ease. But could I crush it? Nope.

mace=badass
Why didn't Yoda push Obi and Anakin out of the way of the pillar?

Darth243
Because then he couldnt show off with the force

Escape81
Also. Count Dooku is the honorable one, as far as Siths go. But he isn't always. Dooku is a true warrior, at heart. Sidious is a person bent on self preservation. Mostly, he acts in either pompous, or arrogant ways. But most of all he does what he can to preserve his life.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Escape81
He tipped it over.

He tipped it over by crushing the bottom of the Pillar.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by mace=badass
Because then we wouldn't have an entertaining movie.

Pretty much. Vader can crush a Lightsaber in his hand, it could be done with the force, but we want to see really flippy cool moves so that we will be distracted from Hayden's acting. PT is about a good story with a lot of eye candy, but it is no where near up to the "Epic" mark set by the Original Trilogy.

But...

Look how fast they are!!!!

Decay
i used to wonder why they never tried to use the force to take eachothers sabers like obi wan did to grievous. the only decent reason i can think of is maybe something that close to them is kind of part of them as far as the force goes, theyd feel someone about to use the force on it and be able to counter it, resulting in a stalemate that would just skrew with the flow of the fight and could result in the one trying to take it leaving themselves open for a force push or something. thats about all i can think of.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Decay
i used to wonder why they never tried to use the force to take eachothers sabers like obi wan did to grievous. the only decent reason i can think of is maybe something that close to them is kind of part of them as far as the force goes, theyd feel someone about to use the force on it and be able to counter it, resulting in a stalemate that would just skrew with the flow of the fight and could result in the one trying to take it leaving themselves open for a force push or something. thats about all i can think of.

That's it exactly.

Jedi and Sith are pretty much as one with their lightsabres. As long as they have a good grip on it, attempts to damage it with the Force or pull it from their hand will fail.

Shadow x 20
Actually, Yoda and Dooku had stopped fighting at that point. And there is an extreme difference between crushing something and tipping it over. I can tip over my dad's motorcycle with ease. But could I crush it? Nope.

Watch ATOC. It clearly shows the pillar being crushed near the bottom of it to tip it over.

Escape81
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Watch ATOC. It clearly shows the pillar being crushed near the bottom of it to tip it over.

I know. At the base of the pillar. An extreme feat. But he insinuated that he crushed it in half or something. He bent the sides inwards with the Force, which caused the pillar to topple over.

Shadow x 20
Technically that's crushing the base

Ianus
I like how this topic still exists despite its blatantly disrespectful title.

Escape81
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Technically that's crushing the base

Crushing the base. Not the entire pillar. He didn't specify.

Tangible God
I know. At the base of the pillar. An extreme feat. But he insinuated that he crushed it in half or something. He bent the sides inwards with the Force, which caused the pillar to topple over. My bad for not being specific.

I actually thought it was obvious he crushed the bottom, so my idea was it was implied.

But yeah, if these guys (all the Force baddies) are able to do, what they do... then why is it that they would never snap, bend, or mangle the saber hilt in any way, using the Force?

Shadow x 20
Because Sidious wanted to prove that he was far greater then Yoda.

Escape81
My bad for not being specific.

I actually thought it was obvious he crushed the bottom, so my idea was it was implied.

But yeah, if these guys (all the Force baddies) are able to do, what they do... then why is it that they would never snap, bend, or mangle the saber hilt in any way, using the Force?

One of the inconsistencies that we shall never know . . . sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.