I screwed up, so what of it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
See entire story here:
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2005/12/14/1352804-ap.html

O.k., if he just admitted that the intelligence was wrong, and accepts responsibility for that, does that make every single one of his defenders and supporters re: this issue now wrong?

Ushgarak
What about those defenders whose case did not rely on the accuracy of the intelligence?

Alpha Centauri
If they're defending him without questioning how credible the intelligence is, yet supporting the war, are they worth listening to?

-AC

debbiejo
You're only a good as your advisor's...And advisor's are only human with receiving information also...

KharmaDog
Originally posted by debbiejo
And advisor's are only human with receiving information also...

receiving or fabricating, what's the difference right?

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
If they're defending him without questioning how credible the intelligence is, yet supporting the war, are they worth listening to?

-AC

Yes, because there are plenty of possible reasons for supporting the war that had nothing to do with intelligence claims about weapons capability.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by debbiejo
You're only a good as your advisor's...And advisor's are only human with receiving information also...

Haha...That's a good one! 'Blame your friends'...I hear that's a good way to earn respect.

If you are deciding whether or not to go to war, which will result in the deaths of thousands of people, you should check whether your information is correct a thousand times. If that information turns out to be faulty, then you should suffer the same fate as someone who commits manslaughter. Which probably equates to state-condoned murder in the US...

However, if you deliberately lied about the quality of the 'intelligence', what fate should you suffer then...? (Think about it in relation to the ghetto-thug who commits murder as a retaliation to a perceived loss of face...)

GCG

Jedi Priestess
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I will be so glad when he is out of office only so I dont have to see anymore of these whining threads.

PVS
you dont have to read them you know whistle

Dagons Blade
There again, would you REALLY trust a story like this when it comes from a person named Nedra Pickler? wink

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I will be so glad when he is out of office only so I dont have to see anymore of these whining threads.

Hahaha, as long as there are conflicting sides then people will always be bitching about who is in power.

-AC

Ushgarak

Fire
Ush has a point, altho I don't consider the other reasons as valid (Personal opinion) There are lots of other reasons why ppl could be in favor of the war.

Darth Jello
actually, they didn't have a good reason back then. The Kuwaiti royal family hired an actress to testify before congress and fabricated facts, saying they were a democracy despite being an autocratic kingdom. We went to war in Iraq in the name of democracy. Kuwait has yet to hold an election or to give women any freedoms.

Darth Jello
in case anyone was wondering, the actress i speak of spread the thing about iraqis dumping babies out of incubators. She was employed by the PR firm of Hill and Knowlton. for those of you like kidrock or feceman who think this is a bunch of liberal propoganda, here's a conservative source for ya. http://www.theconservativevoice.com/articles/article.html?id=7164

Fire
I was talking about the second gulf war

GCG
I was saying that before, they had ample reasons to topple him. This time round they gave inexistant reasons, while we might just speculate about what other unofficial reasons may have been concealed by deception.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by PVS
you dont have to read them you know whistle

true that, but unfortunately until razmataz turns the ignore thread function back on, Im still stuck looking at the titles which is bad enough messed

I just dont understand how you all can argue this for over a year now. Doesnt it get old?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
If it did ever get old, it would be akin to an acceptance of Bush's actions. So, I hope that never comes to pass.

It is vital that the outrage of so many people continues unabated until these atrocities cease.

Mišt
Vote properly then.

botankus
Looking at the thread title I thought, KD, you had finally succumbed to the truth! stick out tongue

Just joshin', bro.

PVS
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
true that, but unfortunately until razmataz turns the ignore thread function back on, Im still stuck looking at the titles which is bad enough messed

I just dont understand how you all can argue this for over a year now. Doesnt it get old?

oh, i didnt know that ignore function was turned off.

anyway, the dealings of world government is what determines the coarse of human events. they decide whether we succed or fail, live or die.
whats a more important topic than that?

its not like its just 1 or 2 members spamming the forum with "OMG STAR WARS EPS 7,8,9!!!!!!111111ONEONEONE" there is quite a demand for these discussions

Jedi Priestess
but isnt it rather like beating a dead horse?

FeceMan

FeceMan
Originally posted by Darth Jello
in case anyone was wondering, the actress i speak of spread the thing about iraqis dumping babies out of incubators. She was employed by the PR firm of Hill and Knowlton. for those of you like kidrock or feceman who think this is a bunch of liberal propoganda, here's a conservative source for ya. http://www.theconservativevoice.com/articles/article.html?id=7164
Yes, because I think like KidRock...

Insults over the Internet aren't supposed to hurt. *Cries.*

Of all the things Tom likes to eat

From healthy foods to sugary sweets

The best are accompanied by moans and screams

As the tastiest are your hopes and dreams.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.