To end the discussion! Who's top DAWG?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
This isn't a versus, or who would win if they fought. This is "Who is more powerful?", taking into consideration what they can do on the fly AND with prep.

Again, this isn't who'd win in a fight, it's who has access to the most power.

Top Marvel Big Dawgs.

Surfer
Thor
Strange
Sentry

roughrider
Why'd you make this so damn hard??

Draco69
Depends wholly on the situation. Sentry is still very...undefined to say the least.

With prep, I give it to Strange.

Without prep, I give it Surfer.

At their most powerful incarnations, Strange.

roughrider
Tempted to say Strange - he just has to get the spell words out of his mouth before some speed or lightning attack.

Avalonofthewind
At first I was going to say Thor because of Mjolnir.
I'm going to go with Strange.

Juntai
Strange or Surfer.
Sentry may work his way up the list but you've got a LOT to prove before you're top dog.

thesilverspider
surfer most of the time
strange with the prep and all

leonidas
Originally posted by Draco69
Depends wholly on the situation. Sentry is still very...undefined to say the least.

i agree with this, but without prep i give it to thor.

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
i agree with this, but without prep i give it to thor.
Thor might have the strong attacks (Godforce), but he simple can't cut it due to lack of speed etc. That's why he has trouble with many earth based heroes.

I would say Strange with prep, and Sentry without

hoorayforpeepee
can't sentry draw energy from any and every source? wasn't that on-panel somewhere in new thunderbolts?

Cosmic Flame
Now that Thor has the Odinforce, I'd say in terms of raw power he's probably at the top. If we're talking fighting, I'd probably go with Strange (or maybe Sentry once we see more).

roughrider
This is Classic Thor, though, right?
Not King Thor or Rune King Thor.

leonidas
Originally posted by kgkg
Thor might have the strong attacks (Godforce), but he simple can't cut it due to lack of speed etc. That's why he has trouble with many earth based heroes.

I would say Strange with prep, and Sentry without

i'm still not clear on the limits of sentry's abilities. and tell me an opponent that thor has fought and had trouble with solely because of a 'lack of speed'? not who MIGHT give him trouble, but who HAS? that silly mongoose character aside . . .

thesilverspider
Originally posted by roughrider
This is Classic Thor, though, right?
Not King Thor or Rune King Thor.
of course its not rune thor

thesilverspider
i'm still not clear on the limits of sentry's abilities. and tell me an opponent that thor has fought and had trouble with solely because of a 'lack of speed'? not who MIGHT give him trouble, but who HAS? that silly mongoose character aside . . .

spiderman................. shifty

roughrider
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Now that Thor has the Odinforce, I'd say in terms of raw power he's probably at the top. If we're talking fighting, I'd probably go with Strange (or maybe Sentry once we see more).

Since this is Classic Thor, there is no Odinforce for him.

kgkg
Not only speed, character in general period

As for Sentry

His bio

Beating Terrax like that, Absorbing energy from everywhere, blast able to destroy planets (when holding back) etc

Control absorb all light etc

Still to early but I think we can assume based on what we have so far

olympian
The guy who gets more rep from other characters (of the same universe) in raw power to be "the man" its Thor.

Altho honestly for me its a tie between Dr Strange and Thor.

Cosmic Flame
Longpig didn't specify, and I just figured that we went with the most recent incarnations of characters.

The Ion
Originally posted by Draco69

Agreed. Sentry can still work his way up but these 3 have been kicking ass for decades. Until he's more defined I put him last.

snoopdogg
When going by feats I have to go with Norrin Radd. Other than getting laid there seems to be nothing he cannot do.

DigiMark007
The recent punking by Superman aside, Thor's not getting any love here. Mjolnir can absorb magic. And he's no slouch in the strength and energy department. I'd love to see him, well written, go against Strange or Surfer.

Strange still has too many tricks and powers he can call upon, so I'd give him the nod overall.

And it's too early to say with Sentry. But he might just be beyond the other two in no-prep power.

Interesting discussion LP. These four should really, really fight sometime.

manjaro
Surfer, cuz the effectiveness of his blasts seem to be on a subconcious level, if he wants to destroy a planet he can do it....with like.....a medium sized blast, so i give it to him cuz if he were to really cut loose he could probably wipe out half the solar system. plus you gotta remeber that he can absorb cosmic energy and store it, or redirect it, so if he decides to not store any energy and just channel it, theoretically he could have access to all the cosmic energy there is in the universe.

sentry is almost the same, but he doesnt absorb ambient energy willfully for attacks, thats just somthing his body does naturally to keep him alive and strong, he can only absorb vasts amount of energy all at one time when it is directed at him, so he cant just power up like goku or anything.

tho strange and thor have "access" to nigh infinite sources, they still are limited by how much they can, and are allowed to tap into at one time...strange especially.

long pig
I see Surfer as THE best "on the fly" fighter in Marvel DC, he's got speed/strength/energy blast far above almost anyone. But, with prep he lacks behind everyone on the list. BADLY. He covers up his lack of prep skills with offensive power, but because of this, he can't compete with people like....

Thor. The Thunder God has access to skyfather magic. His hammer can do a multitude of different, powerful thing. But, all of them can be duplicated and improved upon by....

Strange. His arsenal consists of the most powerful objects in the multiverse, some of which are > Mjolnir. What he lacks in actual physical strength, he makes up for in raw power outage and above-skyfather artifacts. He can go from herald level to skyfather in 5 minutes. He can do anything, but his physical lacking makes him below people like...

Sentry. The near ultimate power. He's uber smart, strong, fast and durable. His power output is nearly unmatched. His intelligence is genius level. He's said to stalemate Galactus.

DigiMark007
This is getting my mind working more than most good vs. threads.

Nice assessment above me LP....other than nailing down Sentry's exact power level (which no one can do yet) it's pretty dead-on.

Prep = 1. Strange 2. Thor 3. Surfer
No Prep = Surfer, Thor, Strange
Overal = Probably Strange, because if he can survive an initial attack, time is his ally.

Sentry's the wildcard...I don't feel knowledgable enough to place him.

wolverine8888
sentry clearly over thor. if u read sentry new comics it shows the past and thor is sitting waiting to die because viod is comming

Sir Whirlysplat
On recent showings Sentry and pretty easily, if its classic versions of the others.

Lucid Lui
Mjolnir is a great equializer in any situation and is rarely ever used to it's full potential imo. It and Thor are highly underrated. Nonetheless, my vote goes to Surfer overall. It's too early to know with Sentry though...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.