Aberforth horcrux theory

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Syko
OK, just to clear it with you, Aberforth (Dumbledore's brother) is the barman in the Hog's head. JK said so.

RAB is Regulus Black. He was going to destroy the locket but he got killed, so he left it in Grimmauld place. When the Order moved in, no one thought it was important. In the Half blood prince, we see Muundungus and the Hog's head barman (Aberforth) outside the 3 broomsticks. Mundungus is selling Sirius' stuff. As Harry and co. approach, Aberforth pulls his cloak tight around his neck and walks away. So could Mundungus have sold Aberforth the locket?

Abe obviously knew that it was a horcrux, as he tried to hide it from Harry. So why didn't he tell Albus? I reckon that he did, but Dumbledore did not know which horcrux was in the cave when he found it.

Council#13
....... what?

sammii
thats a mint conclusion it makes sence .......but mabey ab didnt tell dd,or mabey he did n if dd wudav lived longer he,d be able 2 work it out ......

16carlos1989
doesnt sound like you can prove your theory, it may be understandable if it were backed up with proof.

Diamond~Kisses
Originally posted by sammii
thats a mint conclusion it makes sence .......but mabey ab didnt tell dd,or mabey he did n if dd wudav lived longer he,d be able 2 work it out ...... Mint...where abouts are you from?Originally posted by Darth Syko
OK, just to clear it with you, Aberforth (Dumbledore's brother) is the barman in the Hog's head. JK said so.

RAB is Regulus Black. He was going to destroy the locket but he got killed, so he left it in Grimmauld place. When the Order moved in, no one thought it was important. In the Half blood prince, we see Muundungus and the Hog's head barman (Aberforth) outside the 3 broomsticks. Mundungus is selling Sirius' stuff. As Harry and co. approach, Aberforth pulls his cloak tight around his neck and walks away. So could Mundungus have sold Aberforth the locket?

Abe obviously knew that it was a horcrux, as he tried to hide it from Harry. So why didn't he tell Albus? I reckon that he did, but Dumbledore did not know which horcrux was in the cave when he found it. Makes sense to me. I love theories

16carlos1989
I'm sorry but there aint enough proof for me to even begin to believe this theory, it sounds like it makes sense but there just aint proof to show that it works.

Diamond~Kisses
I guess...

hotsauce6548
That's a frickin awesome theory.

Good job. thumb up

TigerEyes
oh my theory is well ok i have no idea about any of the main one like the objets of each house but the one they can't figurte out the "mysterious" one is Harry. SO in order to Voldermort to die Harry needs to die....oh how about that...

Mormegil
You need to explain yourself better, Tiger. I hardly understood your first sentence at all until I really thought about it.

I think it would certainly be an interesting twist if Harry turned out to be the last Horcruxe, but I doubt it. It's too complicated, makes things too messy, and there's no reason to think it might be true. Certainly a fascinating idea, though.

Jade Chihuahua
It could easily be true;
It would explain the strong links between Harry and Voldemort, ie. speaking Parseltongue, Harrys visions of Voldemort.
It is backed up by the line of the prophecy stating that Voldemort would mark him "as his equal" ie, they both share the same soul.
It would explain why Harry is powerful enough to defeat Voldemorts followers so often.
Harry is a natural leader and led a group of students in illegal activities ie, the DA.

There are more reasons, but Im tired now....I would be v. surprised if Harry isnt a horcrux

Imperial_Samura
It would certainly come out of the blue - Aberforth isn't even a minor character, he is mentioned occasionally, and that is it. And why would he know it's a horcrux? Dumbledore wasn't able to confirm his suspicions till Harry got Slughorn's memory, some time after the incident - and by all accounts outside of Harry, Ron and Hermione, it appears nobody else knows. Though I guess Aberforth is his brother...

And out of interest, I thought that's the reason Mung had to wear a disguise in OotP was because the Hog's Head Bartender had banned him or something, for life... now if that's the case, would he then be out in the street doing a deal with Mung?

Though the fate of that locket, if it is the horcrux, still interests me, and I think if it's relevant one of two characters might have it - Mung, because he has sticky fingers and we know he was selling stuff from the house, or Kreacher, who we know was stealing stuff from the garbage and hiding it away. JK seems to have gone to some length to point out these two characters klepto tendencies, which could be important, though I would be leaning towards Kreacher, as he was always around, trying to get things out of the sack, while Mung wasn't as much, and was more interested in the good silver.

hotsauce6548
But Aberforth doesn't have to know that it's a Horcrux. Mung could have simply sold it to him, and neither of them know of its importance.

sammii
since when has jk givin us a story we,ve predicted we dont neccasary need evidence the theories enough and makes sence ......btw im from nantwich ....cheshire my whole life lol

MistressofSnape
Originally posted by Mormegil
You need to explain yourself better, Tiger. I hardly understood your first sentence at all until I really thought about it.

I think it would certainly be an interesting twist if Harry turned out to be the last Horcruxe, but I doubt it. It's too complicated, makes things too messy, and there's no reason to think it might be true. Certainly a fascinating idea, though.
And one people have been slinging around since HBP came out.

exanda kane
I would have thought Aberforth would know of Horcux, being in the order the first time round as moody says to Harry, so its definetly possible.

sammii
true , maybe aberforth is on the dark side ......................

Coonskin 13
It could be true, but requires a lot of assumptions.

sammii
yep indeed it does

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.