Your Favourite Christmas...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fëanor
So sue me. What's your favourite. Admit you like 'em and vote.

KharmaDog
None of the above.

Carol of the Bells always sounds nice though.

PVS
king diamond - no presents for christmas stick out tongue

Lana
Carol of the Bells is my favorite.

Fëanor
I was allowed only ten!!!!! glare

Victor Von Doom
I always find The Christmas Song (Chestnuts..) a little bit melancholy.

I usually picture the Slade song when I think of Xmas songs, as it happens.

pr1983
No 'driving home for christmas'? for shame... sad

PVS
how about "i want a mistress for christmas"?

jaden101
hey santa claus you c*nt by kevin bloody wilson

seriously though...i love "merry little christmas"

KharmaDog
Originally posted by PVS

A little AC?DC eh? I actually was listening to this Yesterday and thought, "why is this not played under the guise of a christmas song by radio stations at this time of year."

Fëanor
you guys are so......blah no expression

*plays Dean Martin CD*

debbiejo
OK...Chestnuts roasting..........Just sounds so toasty and warm, and I can sing it good too.........Chestsnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your....... evil face angel

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by PVS

Originally posted by PVS
king diamond - no presents for christmas stick out tongue

Re-MEM-berrrr. Christmas songs. Stay on topic smile smile smile

Feanor:A Dean Martin man? So cool. Have one on me, bro.

cheers

Fëanor
Originally posted by debbiejo
OK...Chestnuts roasting..........Just sounds so toasty and warm, and I can sing it good too.........Chestsnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your....... evil face angel hahahaha!!! laughing

didn't know Jack swung that way no expression

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by KharmaDog
None of the above.

yes

Fëanor
Originally posted by Dagons Blade

cheers oh right on!!! eek! yep...the man is cool

debbiejo
But I always liked "I wanta hippopotamus for Christmas" or "Grandma got ran over by a reindeer"

I like "Ring in the Bells" too.....OH and Chrissy Heinze "1000 miles"

PVS

cheers

wha??? the word "christmas" in the titles should have tipped you off...but oh well. roll eyes (sarcastic)

happy holidays smile

Fëanor
Originally posted by PVS
wha??? the word "christmas" in the titles should have tipped you off...but oh well. roll eyes (sarcastic)

happy holidays smile right back at yah!!! big grin

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by PVS

happy holidays smile

Just reminding you that King Diamond has nothing to do with Christmas. And Merry Christmas back smile

PVS
Just reminding you that King Diamond has nothing to do with Christmas. And Merry Christmas back smile

technically i guess you're right. king diamond has nothing to
do with the birth of christ. but you're going to tell me that dean martin does?

oh please enlighten me. let me guess...the three wise men were actually dean martin, sammy davis jr., and frank sinatra?

:edit:

speaking of which, do you know that the story of the three wise men is actually ancient urban myth? the bible never stated the number of wise men that visited christ. the only thing stated is:

"Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem . . ."

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/3wisemen.asp

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by PVS
technically i guess you're right. king diamond has nothing to
do with the birth of christ. but you're going to tell me that dean martin does?

oh please enlighten me. let me guess...the three wise men were actually dean martin, sammy davis jr., and frank sinatra?

Yeah I AM right. and you're the one trying to derail the thread this
time with your wiseass remark about the Rat Pack hoping you'llget me rolling somehow. That's your bad, not mine. Not even going there.

And since Feanor was the one who mentioned him, shouldn't you be attacking HIM? Dean was cool. Anyway back to topic-Fave Christmas Songs and why?

Fëanor
all that's listed are my faves...there's more

PVS
Yeah I AM right. and you're the one trying to derail the thread this
time with your wiseass remark about the Rat Pack hoping you'llget me rolling somehow. That's your bad, not mine. Not even going there.

And since Feanor was the one who mentioned him, shouldn't you be attacking HIM? Dean was cool. Anyway back to topic-Fave Christmas Songs and why?

i'm not attacking anyone from the rat pack. please quote the part where i did and i will stand corrected. can you not post in the most light hearted of threads without malicious nonsensical contradictions and false accusations?

they are ALL christmas songs.
man you have issues messed

PVS
cartman's rendition of 'oh holy night' and mr garrison singing 'merry f***** christmas' are classics as well

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by PVS

speaking of which, do you know that the story of the three wise men is actually ancient urban myth? the bible never stated the number of wise men that visited christ. the only thing stated is:

"Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem . . ."

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/3wisemen.asp

Typo. The author (God) meant to put 'came three'.

PVS
laughing out loud oh yeah, thats when god fired his editor

Dagons Blade
I'm going outside, it's snowing and all the Christmas lights from me and my neighbors' displays looks so cool in the early evening hours. Gonna heat some instant cocoa and drop som 'mallows in it, put a coat on and go out and watch the snow. You're all invited smile

debbiejo
I'm smellin a tree right now........organic euphoria...Tree buzz

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You're sadly missing the greatest Xmas song...'Fairytale of New York' by The Pogues. Now, that's what I call a Xmas song...

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
You're sadly missing the greatest Xmas song...'Fairytale of New York' by The Pogues. Now, that's what I call a Xmas song...

Yeah, that's a good song. Probably the best of the 'non-traditional' ones.

Darth Zannah
I miss being younger when you're all excited about christmas. Now that I'm older it's worn off and I really don't give a teeny, tiny rat's ass erm

Fëanor
You're sadly missing the greatest Xmas song...'Fairytale of New York' by The Pogues. Now, that's what I call a Xmas song... aaaaargh!!! i only picked the standards.....YOU PEOPLE ARE SO DAMN PICKY!!!!

*listens to White Christmas by Bing Crosby* big grin

Bun Bun
love Silent Night love

Its so pretty and its a touching song to me

Alpha Centauri
Anyone who has written an Xmas song is eligible.

Last year's Christmas Time by The Darkness, for me, is a classic waiting to happen.

From the list, All I Want for Christmas. Assuming it's the Mariah Carey version.

-AC

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Darth Zannah
I miss being younger when you're all excited about christmas. Now that I'm older it's worn off and I really don't give a teeny, tiny rat's ass erm

Exactly...

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Anyone who has written an Xmas song is eligible.

Last year's Christmas Time by The Darkness, for me, is a classic waiting to happen.

From the list, All I Want for Christmas. Assuming it's the Mariah Carey version.

-AC

"Don't buy drugs, kids.....

Become a pop star and they'll give them to you for free......"

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, snap! (Runs away and stands on a mountain searching for the horizon...)

Another great Xmas song is 'Christmas Is All Around' by Billy Mack!

Capt_Fantastic
Oh, snap! (Runs away and stands on a mountain searching for the horizon...)

Another great Xmas song is 'Christmas Is All Around' by Billy Mack!

Hey...Top of the Pops all the way....

Fëanor
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
"Don't buy drugs, kids.....

Become a pop star and they'll give them to you for free......" hahahahaha...one of my all time favourite lines from that movie...big grin

lets all sing it yo!!!

Christmas is all around us....

Fëanor
Originally posted by Darth Zannah
I miss being younger when you're all excited about christmas. Now that I'm older it's worn off and I really don't give a teeny, tiny rat's ass erm yeah...and on xmas eve you'll be visited by three spirits glare

Fëanor
You're sadly missing the greatest Xmas song...'Fairytale of New York' by The Pogues. Now, that's what I call a Xmas song... dude...i tried, okay. sheesh

Come on!!! Lets sing Happy Hannukah! eek!

Bardock42
None of the above.

One of my favorites too.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Bardock42
One of my favorites too.

How come everyone knows this song but me?

Or maybe I do, but was not aware of the name.

debbiejo
Ring christmas bells, rings christmas bells.....la la la la la la la la Merry christmas. lalalalalalalala Merry christmas....ding dong, ding dong........

Now?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
How come everyone knows this song but me?

Or maybe I do, but was not aware of the name.

You probably know the song. At least from "Home Alone 2". Here you can listen to it. A relatively simple version though. Awesome song.

The lyrics are there too, they are not part of the original song thoiugh I believe. Oh and Debbiejos lyrics are WRONG.

debbiejo
You probably know the song. At least from "Home Alone 2". Here you can listen to it. A relatively simple version though. Awesome song.

The lyrics are there too, they are not part of the original song thoiugh I believe. Oh and Debbiejos lyrics are WRONG. Oh, is that how the words go..........I like that song though.

Victor Von Doom
I wonder if that's tabbed anywhere.

Fëanor
None of the above.

Carol of the Bells always sounds nice though. okay well, how about Canon in D? thats a good song

Bardock42

Fëanor
That is an Uber-Awesome song. Although I don't think it is a Christmas Song actually. actually it isn't...but it is played a lot during this time...i fecking love that song...hardest one to learn on guitar thats' for damn sure....

Bardock42

Fire
Jingle Bells altho I like that batman adaptation of it, they showed in the simpsons, more!

Fëanor
I think I actually started to play Piano to play this song....I am still lightyears away though. I am very excited since I heard that Pachelbels work is going to be re-released in the next few years. no shit shock

Bardock42

Fëanor
Well in Germany. NOOOOO!!! glare

i got the philharmonic version...but that cd has gotten a lot of play and it's getting scratchy

Mindship
little drummer boy

Syren
I voted 'Santa Baby'. Reminds me of the Christmas Show the kids put on when I worked in a middle school last year. Five of the more confident girls got up on stage and performed 'Santa Baby', quite well actually yes

RedAlertv2
Happy Holidays, You Bastard by blink182

Commando Queen
Joy to the world big grin and Santa Baby

non chritmas song but The Hannukah Song-Adam Sandler

Sir Whirlysplat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.