Meaning of animal's lives

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
What is the meaning of animals' lives? Is it to provide human with food? I mean the meaning of our lives are to have fun but animals dont do anything fun nor do they know the meaning of the word fun.

Echuu
Originally posted by DrDoom101
What is the meaning of animals' lives? Is it to provide human with food? I mean the meaning of our lives are to have fun but animals dont do anything fun nor do they know the meaning of the word fun.

They also help keep nature in balance.

long pig
Animals don't have fun?

Tell that to my boxer, who is kicking a stuffed animal's ass as we speak!

Animals are here for the same reason we are.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by DrDoom101
I mean the meaning of our lives are to have fun but animals dont do anything fun nor do they know the meaning of the word fun.

Of course they have fun. Have you ever owned a dog? They love to play.

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Of course they have fun. Have you ever owned a dog? They love to play.

Yeah they do..and they're a good excuse to start a walking program to, as long as you resign yourself to the fact that YOU'RE the one who'll be walked by the dog... smile

long pig
I've wondered why dogs and humans get along as well as they do.

It's a pretty weird primevil connection between a guy and his dog.

Alpha Centauri
I think it's because regardless of whether they can talk or not, the interact unconditionally with people who take care of them.

Cats aren't like that, cats will go to anyone who feed them. Dogs won't.

-AC

long pig
It probably IS that simple.
The thing is, it feels too natural to be so simple. Dog & man go together better than man & man.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by long pig
It probably IS that simple.
The thing is, it feels too natural to be so simple. Dog & man go together better than man & man.

I think it's the uncomplicated, unconditional love.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah.

A human friend is likely to be influenced by other goings on etc. A dog isn't.

-AC

debbiejo
Animals are great companions, but when you study them in nature you can see how really intelligent they can be. Some are more primal in nature, but it seems that many have such attitudes and interesting thought processes going on.....Really quite entertaining....Fun to try to trick them up...

WindDancer
Food
Pets
Work
Research testing
Sex (Zoophilia)
Etc...Animals are almost good for anything.

debbiejo
Sex?bag

Bardock42
I think Animals have just as much meaning as we do....none.

debbiejo
^They can be yummy....

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think Animals have just as much meaning as we do....none.

Curse your German optimism.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Curse your German optimism. Yeah I know. My parents always tell me I shouldn't be so positive.

Ken Kenobi
Animals are just like humans, but in different forms. They all have a society, jobs, etc. They function just like us. The only difference is that humans are on the top of the food chain.

Darth Jello
i think this answers any question

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Darth Jello
i think this answers any question

Well, to be fair, if I said to you now, what are the benefits of a historical reading of Kafka's The Trial, that picture isn't going to provide much in the way of an answer.

Darth Jello
dammit victor, just say aw!!! and contemptlate the depressed writings of a failed, tuberculosis ridden, salesman in turn of the 20th century prague later.

Victor Von Doom
Aww.

GCG
But really ; whats obvious to you isnt obvious to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.