Bringing Back To Life?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Okay, well I was on www.I-Am-Bored.com and I was in the science section on page 4 or 5 and it has an article on bringing dead Dogs back to life. And since everyone is always speaking of the subjects of the future and technologies and such I was wondering if you think it'll ever be possible to bring someone or thing back to life?! And what do you think of it?!
Personally I think it's a great subject of interest and all and I just wish they'd of thought of it in 2002 cause that's when my Dog died and she meant more to me than life erm

Mišt
Its not possible, if your brain dies for even a few minutes you can develop problems and impairments, once your well and truly dead, your just an object. All the zapping and blood pumping isnt gonna do anything to restore you. Everything dies, just have to accept it.

Why would you want to bring something back to life and risk having it be retarded or disabled?

debbiejo
It would be like "Pet Cemetery!"...........BTW, I just don't it's possible, there would be brain damage...it would never wake up.

Mindship
More proof that God has a sense of humor called human being.

overlord
I would bring the cat I killed back to life and have to kill it again because he would be disabled. smile

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by overlord
I would bring the cat I killed back to life and have to kill it again because he would be disabled. smile
That's called animal cruelty bud. roll eyes (sarcastic)

cool_dudes_rule
i would find it freaky if you could actually bring someone back to life.

Fishy
Well lets ignore the scientific side of the argument for a second.

Even if it was possible it would still be stupid, bringing back certain people would be nice but in the end it would just once again become a power tool for certain other people, world leaders dictators super soldiers, whatever... It would just end up becoming another weapon so even if it was possible we shouldn't do it. Ever.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Fishy
Well lets ignore the scientific side of the argument for a second.

Even if it was possible it would still be stupid, bringing back certain people would be nice but in the end it would just once again become a power tool for certain other people, world leaders dictators super soldiers, whatever... It would just end up becoming another weapon so even if it was possible we shouldn't do it. Ever.

As it stands we are all doomed anyways...If there was even a small chance to stop people from dieing you wouldnt take it?(Im not taking religion into consideration, pure atheist view)

Fishy
No, overpopulation would be hell...

If we could stop people from dying and people would still get children we would have one full world. Of course we could only stop the important poeple from dying and/or only let certain people get children or just forbid reproduction. But doing all of that would be stupid, unfair, and boring as hell.

Mr Brightside
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
Okay, well I was on www.I-Am-Bored.com and I was in the science section on page 4 or 5 and it has an article on bringing dead Dogs back to life. And since everyone is always speaking of the subjects of the future and technologies and such I was wondering if you think it'll ever be possible to bring someone or thing back to life?! And what do you think of it?!
Personally I think it's a great subject of interest and all and I just wish they'd of thought of it in 2002 cause that's when my Dog died and she meant more to me than life erm
It's practicaly impossible, when something dies it can't come back, it's like trying to remake something edible from what you have already eaten. I once lost a cat of mine who ment alot to me sad ....

Only god can bring back the dead....

debbiejo
Originally posted by Mr Brightside
Only god can bring back the dead....
No we can't......We can't bring back the dead...

Healed a sick hamspster once though....Oh, and a chicken too.... cool

Fishy
Originally posted by debbiejo
No we can't......We can't bring back the dead...

Healed a sick hamspster once though....Oh, and a chicken too.... cool

You think we are god now?

debbiejo
You think we are god now? We all are at our essence. We are part of the "Source" which makes us one and the same only in a physical body at this moment.

Fishy
Originally posted by debbiejo
We all are at our essence. We are part of the "Source" which makes us one and the same only in a physical body at this moment.

I really wasn't expecting that serious an answer, but okay.....

sammii
i think it would be wrong to bring something back from the dead , if someones died i beleive it was for a purpose ,

there time

and i dont think we should start messing with the dead , the worlds kinda fukd up as it is smile

Great Vengeance
No, overpopulation would be hell...

If we could stop people from dying and people would still get children we would have one full world. Of course we could only stop the important poeple from dying and/or only let certain people get children or just forbid reproduction. But doing all of that would be stupid, unfair, and boring as hell.

The answer to that problem is simple...We make our inevitable expansion to the stars. Planets can be made habitable artificially, we will begin the reign of galactic civiliazation and people will laugh when they remember at one point in human history people lived on only one planet. Ofcourse it is conceivable the universe could run out of room, but the time that would take is unimaginable...no Im not too worried about that.

Fishy
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
The answer to that problem is simple...We make our inevitable expansion to the stars. Planets can be made habitable artificially, we will begin the reign of galactic civiliazation and people will laugh when they remember at one point in human history people lived on only one planet. Ofcourse it is conceivable the universe could run out of room, but the time that would take is unimaginable...no Im not too worried about that.

And then what would we have, we would have a lot of people that would never die, except for perhaps the worst criminals. Do you know how boring that would be? How worthless live would become, even if we could deal with the practical problems of size, we would still have many other problems...

Great Vengeance
And then what would we have, we would have a lot of people that would never die, except for perhaps the worst criminals. Do you know how boring that would be? How worthless live would become, even if we could deal with the practical problems of size, we would still have many other problems...

We have many problems right now...

Boring? Look at the average American middle class family...what could be more boring than that?*laughs*

But moving on yes some of the problems we have now could plague us again in eternal life, but regardless I think people living longer is a good thing. It may seem 'unnatural' to you but thats because we accept death as an inevitability, it should be realized that people dont actually have to die.

Fishy
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
We have many problems right now...

Boring? Look at the average American middle class family...what could be more boring than that?*laughs*

But moving on yes some of the problems we have now could plague us again in eternal life, but regardless I think people living longer is a good thing. It may seem 'unnatural' to you but thats because we accept death as an inevitability, it should be realized that people dont actually have to die.

No they don't, but what do we achieve by not letting people die? Eventually you would have dictators fighting you would have huge wars being fought constantly, probably for the bringing back to live facilities as those things breed the army's... You would have people doing all kinds of stupid things just for the hell of it. I would jump out of an airplane at 10 kilometers, just for the hell of it. I mean I'd be brought back from the dead.

I don't think the world would be able to handle it effectively, and I doubt humanity would be able to handle it. I know I wouldn't even want to be able to handle it, it takes the fun out of living as you will live no matter what you do, risks are taken away and with that common sense.

joeykangaroo
i think its a good idea.. if it goes right..but it would ruin your memories if it behaved differently

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.