Batman vs. Spider-man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spideycarnage
Both are awesome fighters, I'm Spiderman fan, but i think Batman takes this one. what do you think?

cybermaster
dude this has been done a 100 times already. im surprised they havent closed this. probably will soon

spideycarnage
Oh word? my fault kinda new at thins thing lol

cybermaster
Originally posted by spideycarnage
Oh word? my fault kinda new at thins thing lol look at search this has been done 6,630 times

princegoku
depends if bats has prep or not. i personally love both characters so i am not being biased but i think spidey would win.

Metalmanx
If Batman and Spiderman ran into each other with what they normally have with no prep at all, Spidey would thrash him soundly.

Give Batman any sort of prep--three hours, two days, 10 seconds--and he'll figure some crazy, hair-brained scheme that would only work in the DC universe to defeat Spiderman.

But basically, Spiderman wins.

And, like previously stated, this thread has been done. Rock on.

lifeisaglich
With prep batman beats spiderman like there is no tomorrow
no prep fall in spidermans court of beating him like there is no tomorrow.

I guess they kind of ballance each other out.

Even though I strongly believe batman will in fact be able to take spiderman down with no prep.

MuffinmanMike
What can Batman do with prep?

Ask a villain how they evaded his spider-sense? No way. Who among them will help a hero? Especially one notorious for NOT KILLING. They don't want Spidey to wise up to their best plans that almost got him.

Teflon armor? His webs can still wrap, even if they can't stick.

Hand-to-hand? Fine. Batman can hold his own. But one solid punch and Bruce is out. Don't give me this "He's taken a hit from Superman" crap, either. Spidey is smart enough to not let his opponent get away if they have the ability to fight him better at a distance.

The worst part about this "Done a million times" topic is that no one wants to accept that Spideys a genius and that "prep" doesn't mean Batman will get superhuman endurance.

who?-kid
Originally posted by MuffinmanMike

Ask a villain how they evaded his spider-sense? No way. Who among them will help a hero? Especially one notorious for NOT KILLING. They don't want Spidey to wise up to their best plans that almost got him.

Hand-to-hand? Fine. Batman can hold his own. But one solid punch and Bruce is out. Don't give me this "He's taken a hit from Superman" crap, either. Spidey is smart enough to not let his opponent get away if they have the ability to fight him better at a distance.

The worst part about this "Done a million times" topic is that no one wants to accept that Spideys a genius and that "prep" doesn't mean Batman will get superhuman endurance.
But...but... but he IS Batman ! He is THE Batman dude !! He'll find something. He always finds something... He HAS to find something...

wink

DarkCrawler
Even if he doesn't find something, he has a plan for that. cool

Tha C-Master
And if that doesn't work he has a plan for that too...

MC_GG
Batman is smarter then Spider-Man, so if Batman finds out the man behind Spidy's mask then Spidy's in some serious s**t.

grey fox

Knowing bat's he would spray some sort of acidic substance on his costume devised to melt the webbing , create a mech-suit to take the class fifteen punches and use a revised version of mysterio's mist to block spideys spidersense

DarkCrawler
If Mysterio is smart enough to do that, so is Batman...shifty

grey fox
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
If Mysterio is smart enough to do that, so is Batman...shifty

shifty shifty shifty

Crease

So true...giving Batman prep time obviously helps him in most battles, but when the other guy has ANY prep time at all and is AT LEAST as smart as Batman, Bats still loses. Against Spiderman he can do nothing but call in reinforcements.

Also, let's stop pretending Bats is the smartest mutha in the universe. Bats is a detective genius. That's it. Period. Same way Tony Starks is a mechanical genius and Magneto's a genetic genius. Overall, Spidey's just as smart, just not as rich so he can't finance himself.

Dr. Doom and Reed Richards are TRUE geniuses.

DarkCrawler
What is different from geniuses like Reed and Batman, is that Reed is naturally smart. He might have born in Thailand to poor parents, or in England to filthy rich folks, but he would always remain at least five times smarter then those around him. Batman, is learned to be smart. If his parents would have left alive, he would only be perhaps a little smarter then you and me, and that would be because of better education. But, Batman has travelled around the globe, and trained himself to be good at things. You and me could be Batmans, if we had enough money and time.

That's why Reed, Stark and Doom are smarter then Batman in pure smartness. They had an head start from their birth.

Crease
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
What is different from geniuses like Reed and Batman, is that Reed is naturally smart. He might have born in Thailand to poor parents, or in England to filthy rich folks, but he would always remain at least five times smarter then those around him. Batman, is learned to be smart. If his parents would have left alive, he would only be perhaps a little smarter then you and me, and that would be because of better education. But, Batman has travelled around the globe, and trained himself to be good at things. You and me could be Batmans, if we had enough money and time.

That's why Reed, Stark and Doom are smarter then Batman in pure smartness. They had an head start from their birth.

Well put.

freezedoom
Batman wins this.

Superherovandal
you know he had to be a genius to know all he knows. If some ordinary guy with Wayne money tried to learn all Bats knew they'd probably quit after about a year. He isn't just some normally intelligent guy he literally is a genius. He is definitely smarter than Spidey and I'd place him Stark level intelligence wise. You 're right he prolly wouldn't try to be anything in life if his parents hadn't croaked but that's only cause he'd prolly just try to be a playboy. Ur not giving him enough credit intelligencewise. He definitely is among the elite intelligence wise in ComicU.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Crease
So true...giving Batman prep time obviously helps him in most battles, but when the other guy has ANY prep time at all and is AT LEAST as smart as Batman, Bats still loses. Against Spiderman he can do nothing but call in reinforcements.

Also, let's stop pretending Bats is the smartest mutha in the universe. Bats is a detective genius. That's it. Period. Same way Tony Starks is a mechanical genius and Magneto's a genetic genius. Overall, Spidey's just as smart, just not as rich so he can't finance himself.

Dr. Doom and Reed Richards are TRUE geniuses.

I agree COMPLETELY. Spidey is just as smart as Batman, just Batman is the far better detective.

Spidey wins, by the way. Batman really can't do anything that:

A. Hasn't seen before
B. Can't handle

Fa sho.

lifeisaglich
Find just for your knowledge batman has recieved beatings from different supermen with each more powerful than the next. NO WAY one punch from spiderman is going to put batman down. And you can can take that to the bank.

Ask for prep well he has taken down the entire JLA... and he has inadverternly done it again... He can get beat up by darksied and get a t shirt that says: I got beat up by darksied and all I have to show for it is this arm in sling.

And ya batman is way smarter than spiderman.

house
I dont care what anyone says spiderman would woop his ass, How can batman win?

Juntai
Batman can pull a few, but Batman's at his best in a city setting, with a world to turn into a weapon and his cover. Spiderman will take the majority in this thread.

That is if we think realistically though, and consider equipment and powers...

If we go by Batman's comic feats, he's nearly skyfather.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
Find just for your knowledge batman has recieved beatings from different supermen with each more powerful than the next. NO WAY one punch from spiderman is going to put batman down. And you can can take that to the bank.

Ask for prep well he has taken down the entire JLA... and he has inadverternly done it again... He can get beat up by darksied and get a t shirt that says: I got beat up by darksied and all I have to show for it is this arm in sling.

And ya batman is way smarter than spiderman. Batman is HUMAN, concussive force of that degree kills him, there is no plot device in this forum he simply dies...

Crease

And ya batman is way smarter than spiderman.

With a zillion dollars to finance him, Spidey could build anything Bats could. He could create any serum Bats could. He'd basically have a spideycave.

Prove to me that Bats is smarter than spidey.

who?-kid
Speaking as a Spider-Man fan, I can admit Batman is indeed smarter than Parker.

But it isn't the Big Difference some people think it is.

MrHeavySilence
I know all of you have very important things to say but..

when Batman loses to Dare Devil like Peter did (who is 10 times stronger by the way), then maybe Spiderman has a chance. and lol, Mysterio rules.

Metalmanx
If the writers ever actually put a normal Spiderman vs. a normal Daredevil, DD would get curbstomped.

The occasions that Spidey lost he was:

1. Under mind control
2. Extremely enraged which completely clouded his thoughts
3. Something else that I forgot, but mentally affected Spidey

So, until then, Spidey would still thrash DD. And then thrash Bats just a little faster.

Arahan
I forget in which thread it was abut in one there is a pic where Spidey and DD fight. DD sees Spideys attack and states he saw it coming but wasnt fast enough to dodge. So saying this: Spidey would own DD.

Furthermore he would also beat Batman.

lifeisaglich
True but the fact that he is here simply states that batman must be doing something right with his custome. But you guys do not want do talk about it. Anyways With that said no way is one punch from spiderman going to put him down.

32Cage
Seems simple to me. Spidey's just as smart but has super powers. He wins.

Tha C-Master
True but the fact that he is here simply states that batman must be doing something right with his custome. But you guys do not want do talk about it. Anyways With that said no way is one punch from spiderman going to put him down. PIs, wanna look up shotgun suicides again?

Dark-Kenshin
Batman got his butt kicked while fighting a teen titans villain(slade). Twice in one issue even. There's no way he'd defeat Spiderman.

brainchild81
Thread starter didn't include prep. Batman is punched in the face and passes out or dies. Possibly one and then the other. Spidey wins

Black Adam
True but the fact that he is here simply states that batman must be doing something right with his custome. But you guys do not want do talk about it. Anyways With that said no way is one punch from spiderman going to put him down.

One punch from spidey knock's Bats head off his shoulders.

Pis isn't going to help bats here.

Marcus4600
Yeah. My money's on Spidey. I love Bats, but Spidey is the man in combat.

nwg202
I'm a big spidey fan, but with prep this goes to bats. Without...spidey wins it. How can bats not be considered a genius? He may not be as book smart as reed or tony wen it comes to certain fields. But he can hold his own in the craftiness department. He is the master at manipulating people. He took out the entire jla...hes learned a billion marital arts, the worlds greatest detective, a tactical genius on caps level, runs a billion dollar business. He outwitted luthor for gods sake. Yeah, i agree...bats doing all these things is total bullshit...but its what bats does. If you look at the essence of the characters, spidey is the lovable loser, while bats is the human who kicks superhuman ass time and time again.

Sixth_Winged
this match doesn't have prep.

nwg202
without prep spidey wins....but the next time they meet...different story...

jrodslam
Originally posted by Arahan
I forget in which thread it was abut in one there is a pic where Spidey and DD fight. DD sees Spideys attack and states he saw it coming but wasnt fast enough to dodge. So saying this: Spidey would own DD.

You cant forget that eventhough DD didnt fully dodge it, he was still able to roll with the punch and reduce its effectiveness. You must also not forget that Daredevil wasnt fighting back. There also was a time where Spidey stated that no matter how fast he is, he still cant land a solid hit on DD. So saying this: Dont compare DD vs Spidy to Bats vs Spidey. Daredevil's senses allow him to predict Spideys moves and is able to dodge or roll with his punches making him less effective. Batman doesnt have that luxury.

Sixth_Winged
Wasn't there a pic in the spider-man respek thread proving otherwise like DD sensed him, and he couldn't even react?

jrodslam
Originally posted by Metalmanx
If the writers ever actually put a normal Spiderman vs. a normal Daredevil, DD would get curbstomped.

The occasions that Spidey lost he was:

1. Under mind control
2. Extremely enraged which completely clouded his thoughts
3. Something else that I forgot, but mentally affected Spidey

So, until then, Spidey would still thrash DD. And then thrash Bats just a little faster.

The second time they fought, Spideys thoughts werent clouded. He simple lost. In their most recent fight, they both were mind controlled and ko'd each other at the same time. DD recovered first though. big grin

Murda Mase
For real I don't know why peeps keep saying if he only has prep he can win.

Homie is always preped for shit to go down.

Thats how he Beat Omacs.

brainchild81
If Batman was always ready for any s**t to go down he'd never lose. While he rarely loses, he's not undefeated. Azrael beat his @$$ so bad once that Az had to save his life afterwards. Batman is ready for almost anything.

inamilist
wow, i come in here to see 3 pages of argument and all you guys can do is agree

:P

but ya, to mimic everyone else. spidey without prep, bats with....

spidey did come up with that radiation thing to beat morlun, anyone think if he and bats were given a week he could come up with something good enough to take down the batman?

Murda Mase
But he doesn't need preep to beat Spider-Man.

Hes got stuff to handle him.

inamilist
Originally posted by Murda Mase
But he doesn't need to be preeped to beat Spider-Man.

Hes got stuff to handle him.

what stuff?

Murda Mase
Gases, explosives, taser guns ect....

I know Spider-Mans faced things like that before, but Batmans faced Spider-Man level+ things before and come out on top with out prep.

What is he going to do web him?

He has stuff to handle that too, via acid and his suit is wired with electricity.

Plus hes takin punches worse then Spider-Mans.

inamilist

I know Spider-Mans faced things like that before, but Batmans faced Spider-Man level+ things before and come out on top with out prep.

He has stuff to handle that too, via acid and his suit is wired with electricity.

Plus hes takin punches worse then Spider-Mans.

what you have described is barely more than the thugs with guns that spiderman faces almost every issue (or used to, i havent been too inclined to read any of this new totemic garbage)

his spidersense pretty much makes anything coming at him at a thrown speed useless

im thinking spidey would probably win with the hit and jump strategy, where he only stops long enough to hit batman, then dodges compleatly out of his range to do it again

it def. wouldnt be one hit, we can't start trying to implement that type of realism into the comic world... but spiderman is going to hit batman more often and more critically than batman will hit him

brainchild81

Plus hes takin punches worse then Spider-Mans. Did the Spidey-level things Batman beat have precog? Were they as fast or agile as Spidey? No PIS/CIS here. Batman gets turned into Splatman. Do you know what happens to Batman while he applies acid? Spidey's not just gonna stand there like the monsters on Power Rangers. He's gonna either punch or kick or re-web Batman. Spidey's class 15 the last time I checked. 1 punch or kick to the face will kill Batman.

Next Venom_girl
2 things to consider:
1) Batman = Olympic level athlete.
2) Spider-man = 12 ton range, but he pulls his punches.
Spider-man could knock Bat's head off if he wanted to but that wouldn't exactly be showing "great responsibility."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.