Question on Jack's Flashback in 201

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Melnorme
Jack's flashbacks in the first episode of Season 2 revolve around the beginning of his relationship with Sarah, his ex-wife. The first flashback is immediately after the car crash. It's stated that her car hit an SUV head-on, and killed the driver. Later, we find out that Shannon's father was killed in an SUV crash. Did Jack inadvertantly kill Shannon's dad by making a triage decision? eek!

Oh, and of course, that man, whether or not he's Shannon's dad, died at 8:15 AM.

«§hõnknêss»
Hmm...interesting

Hit_and_Miss
you have only just realised this??? even though the guy was clearly called shannon's sirname....

And the fact that you can see jack walk past her in her flashback when shes getting told that he died....

Morning_Glory
Mr Rutherford ...was the man that died...that was Shannon's dad... Shannon's last name is Rutherford... Jack could only save one person...and there wasnt really any chance of saving shannon's dad.

SlickRick69
now that Shannon and Boone are both dead, the whole dramatic choice Jack made to save his next future ex-wife rather than Mr Rutherford, will be as wasted as most every other back-story plot left hanging from Season 1, and into Season 2...

the show is starting to take too long to get absolutely nowhere, they drop characters and storylines left and right, for shock value and for 'lack of story' etc etc...

starting to think they just pull each week's story out of their arses, throw it on the wall and see what sticks, then go back at it for the next week, no concept, no plan, no idea what the heck they are doing!!

Melnorme
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
you have only just realised this??? even though the guy was clearly called shannon's sirname....

And the fact that you can see jack walk past her in her flashback when shes getting told that he died....

I've only caught up with Lost in the last couple of weeks. I actually hated the show for a long time, but a friend told me to stick with it. I felt better once season 2 happened and they stopped teasing with the Hatch and such.

Hit_and_Miss
ah ok.... I'm sorry then!!!

I agree with Slick....
They have done about 3/4eps I would concider worthy of the tital of lost in season 2..... They seem to have reached a point where anymore info given would give away alot of the plot... and so they are avoiding saying anything like the plague.... I feel like they are going to try and stretch a good 3 season show into a crappy 5/6 season one.... Its like friends all over again...

Melnorme
I'm afraid of that as well. My opinion of the show increased dramatically after I saw where they were going with it, via the revelations in the first few episodes of Season 2...but on that note they have been teasing in other ways. For example, the first two episodes are practically the same story about what happened inside the Hatch, but with a handful of new details and a brief update on the raft in episode 2 And of course, more flashbacks...25 minutes of actual plot and 25 minutes of backstory in a 50 minute episode. I wonder if they're ever gonna give up on that...or whether we'll have flashbacks in season 4 that remind us of what happened in season 1! Heck, "the other 48 days" was the first episode that didn't have flashbacks...because the whole thing was a flashback! Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I, too, fear that they are going to drag out the revelations for another 3 seasons, and from what I can tell, that's totally unnecessary. The writers even declared that they could wrap-up the whole shebang in a three-episode arc if they needed to (or so I understand)...so how much could there be to it?

SlickRick69
yep it's unbelievable the way the crammed the Other 48 days (the 48 days of the Tailies) into a single frickin' ep while it took 24 (or 27 if you consider the first 3 eps of S2 part of that same crappy crap crap-fest) eps to tell the tale of the Original Lostie 48 days...

like they know they could tell the story faster, but then they also know that,, to keep it entertaining and edgy and WOW!, they would have to pile on even more crap into the already claustrophobic backstories where characters are practically tripping over each other throughout their assorted and sordid pasts, without even realizing they 'know' each other...

it's frustrating, watching a good show go nowhere fast!

Melnorme
Originally posted by SlickRick69

like they know they could tell the story faster, but then they also know that,, to keep it entertaining and edgy and WOW!, they would have to pile on even more crap into the already claustrophobic backstories where characters are practically tripping over each other throughout their assorted and sordid pasts, without even realizing they 'know' each other...

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.