Who's had the Better career in Sports? Michael Jordan Nolan Ryan or Joe Montana

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Your pick

josejames007
Jordan dude!!! That's it. smokin'

BobbyD
Wow, what an interesting question....

Can you be more specific in what you mean by better career?

Dexx
*waits to see where this is going*

golem370
Well all around Who help there teams the most. Who was a better team player. Who was more popular.Who had more titles.Like Ryan is proably the best Pitcher of all time can the same be said for Jordan and Montana in there postions. all arounds

forumcrew
well Ryan was maybe the best pitcher not certain though. Monatana I dont think many would say is the #1 QB of all time, but definantly one of the best. Most all agree Jordan is the best basketball player of all time. He also won 6 championships which is incredible. the answer is Jordan

BobbyD
See, I don't like the question because I'm a HUUUGE fan of all 3, and it's like comparing apples n' oranges.

However, you're comparing Jordan, the greatest basketball player ever, who played in more of an individual sport than the other 2, whose successes were not nearly so influenced by the performances of his teammates. Football and baseball, even though pitching is quite an individual competition, need one's teammates to perform well to also get the success.

I'd pick Mike, I suppose.

Nolan Ryan arguably is the greatest pitcher of all time...7 no-no's, 300+ wins, and the all time k's leader is nothing to sneeze at. Funny though, when the question is raised who is the best baseball player of all time...you always get Bonds, Mays, Ruth, Aaron, blah, blah...never any pitchers. sad

Joe Montana, IMO, is the best QB ever....3 rings, a genius behind the helm, incredible accuracy, and the FIRST master of the 2 minute drill.

forumcrew
although the question was who had a better career I suppose you could think of it like this:
If you had to pick one of these guys to bet your money to win the game which would it be?
Nolan Ryan to come in and strike out the side.
Montana to drive for the TD
Jordan to make the game winner at the buzzer.

Obviously this doesnt represent the entire career but another way of tryin to think about it. Basketball is also a team sport. Jordan did have help. He won those championships with a very talented guy named Scotty Pipen. Also I think one of the reasons you dont hear pitchers as the best players as all time is because they arnt complete players. Guys who are great hitters and can play the field well bring a lot to the table, these guys also play every game and not 1 out of every 5.

BobbyD
Hmm, very true Forumcrew.

ToMacco
Where did you get that clip of Lindsay Lohan squeezing her boobs together?

Sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by BobbyD
See, I don't like the question because I'm a HUUUGE fan of all 3, and it's like comparing apples n' oranges.

However, you're comparing Jordan, the greatest basketball player ever, who played in more of an individual sport than the other 2, whose successes were not nearly so influenced by the performances of his teammates. Football and baseball, even though pitching is quite an individual competition, need one's teammates to perform well to also get the success.

I'd pick Mike, I suppose.

Nolan Ryan arguably is the greatest pitcher of all time...7 no-no's, 300+ wins, and the all time k's leader is nothing to sneeze at. Funny though, when the question is raised who is the best baseball player of all time...you always get Bonds, Mays, Ruth, Aaron, blah, blah...never any pitchers. sad

Joe Montana, IMO, is the best QB ever....3 rings, a genius behind the helm, incredible accuracy, and the FIRST master of the 2 minute drill.

You truly think Montana's number 1? Deff top 5 dont get me wrong. But over all career statistics I'd put Elway, and Marino ahead of him.

PINBALL
Jordan hands down then Nolan followed by Montana.

BobbyD
Darth, IMO, Montana is yes. But in yours, it's okay if he's not. smile

Mr Parker
I would say Nolan Ryan because he played till he was 48 which is an amazing feat.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I would say Nolan Ryan because he played till he was 48 which is an amazing feat.

but he played a non contact sport where he also didnt play every game for the team and rarely the entire game.

Dr. Strangelove
That is true but you have to remember pitching in itself is an irregular motion that isn't exactly the easiest on the arm. And it wasn't like Ryan was throwing Jamie Moyer type pitches that don't hurt your arm as much, he was throwing 100mph into his 40's.

But saying all that, I'd say Jordan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.