GI Joe vs SHIELD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
Two international agencies go head to head.

Tron
The Joes have Sgt. Slaughter.

Nuff said.

Melnorme
So, there's a "no DBZ because it's primarily known from other media formats" rule, but for some inconsistant and arbitrary reason, Tron won't shut down a GI Joe thread?

I'm feeling the love. stick out tongue

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Tron
The Joes have Sgt. Slaughter.

Nuff said.

eek! ......now that's one badass

i have my doubt's about shipwreck............ embarrasment

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Melnorme
So, there's a "no DBZ because it's primarily known from other media formats" rule, but for some inconsistant and arbitrary reason, Tron won't shut down a GI Joe thread?

I'm feeling the love. stick out tongue
there is a g.i joe comic that's why it don't get closed

Tron
G.I. Joe has been done under Marvel and other comic companies, and was originally inspired by Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D., so yeah, it stays open.

Melnorme
Originally posted by thesilverspider
there is a g.i joe comic that's why it don't get closed

There's also a Star Wars comic, and Dragonball is, first and foremost, a comic. Both of those are forbidden. So why not this? It's clearly the same issue.

"Matches between non-comic characters will be closed. DBZ and Star Wars, while they technically have comics, are primarily seen throught other mediums (TV and movies, respectively). The Star Wars Vs. forum is better suited for these matches, even if one is a comic character. And the Anime/Manga forum ahs 3 threads dedicated specifically to DBZ. Refer to them for DBZ stuff. Please create matches in the proper forums to make it easier for everyone."

Tron
eek! ......now that's one badass

i have my doubt's about shipwreck............ embarrasment

S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't stand a chance against the mighty Cobra Clutch.wink

Lucid Lui
Because DBZ and Star Wars are annoying...?

smile

Melnorme
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Because DBZ and Star Wars are annoying...?

smile
And GI Joe isn't?

thesilverspider
G.I. Joe has been done under Marvel and other comic companies, and was originally inspired by Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D., so yeah, it stays open.

you mean SEARGENT FURY AND HIS HOWLING COMMANDOS.

(not being a smart ass) wink

Tron
There's also a Star Wars comic, and Dragonball is, first and foremost, a comic. Both of those are forbidden. So why not this? It's clearly the same issue.

"Matches between non-comic characters will be closed. DBZ and Star Wars, while they technically have comics, are primarily seen throught other mediums (TV and movies, respectively). The Star Wars Vs. forum is better suited for these matches, even if one is a comic character. And the Anime/Manga forum ahs 3 threads dedicated specifically to DBZ. Refer to them for DBZ stuff. Please create matches in the proper forums to make it easier for everyone."

Star Wars isn't banned, but there is another forum for it. And DBZ is under manga and anime, which there's also a forum for. And, there have been problems with DBZ threads in the past, which is why the rule is in place. But, if you looked at the rules, you might know that.smile

Lucid Lui
And GI Joe isn't? touche...

I wouldn't know though...

Melnorme
Star Wars isn't banned, but there is another forum for it. And DBZ is under manga and anime, which there's also a forum for. And, there have been problems with DBZ threads in the past, which is why the rule is in place. But, if you looked at the rules, you might know that.smile

"If I looked at the rules?" You mean the rules you just quoted me quoting? The ones that read specifically that "Matches between non-comic characters will be closed," and cite Star Wars as an example? Ooooh...I get it. You're trying to be snarky. Well, good luck with that.

Anyway, the "no DBZ" rule is silly and arbitrary. It clearly speaks only of prejudice, and has no consistant basis. I reserve the right to point that out.

Tron
"If I looked at the rules?" You mean the rules you just quoted me quoting? The ones that read specifically that "Matches between non-comic characters will be closed," and cite Star Wars as an example? Ooooh...I get it. You're trying to be snarky. Well, good luck with that.

Anyway, the "no DBZ" rule is silly and arbitrary. It clearly speaks only of prejudice, and has no consistant basis. I reserve the right to point that out.

Well, you wouldn't be the first to try and point it out. Anyway, Paola originally put that rule in place, and over time I saw why, and so does anyone who's been around this forum for quite a while. I can see you're new, and understand why you'd think that, but there is a good reason behind it, and if you really wanna know why you can pm me and ask, because we've let this thread get off subject long enough.

(And Star Wars is under Dark Horse, and has been for years.)

Melnorme
Well, in that case, let me try to get back on track by saying that I think the Joes would win. SHIELD seems too tied up in red tape to be as effective. wink

King KAM
dukes a savage

wolverine8888
shield would ****ing destroy them. first off shield has any number of agents they can call on. wolverine is one agent shield could call on. electra is another. captian america is also can be called on along with luke cage and black widow and many many more. Also shield has nick fury and his group. Also theres always spider woman

Melnorme
Duke ended up in a coma every other episode.

Gung Ho was a monger, tho.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by wolverine8888
shield would ****ing destroy them. first off shield has any number of agents they can call on. wolverine is one agent shield could call on. electra is another. captian america is also can be called on along with luke cage and black widow and many many more. Also shield has nick fury and his group. Also theres always spider woman

............... eek!

Melnorme
Sgt. Slaughter would crush Wolverine.

thesilverspider

now you've done it ............ sad

Melnorme
now you've done it ............ sad

I know, but it had to be done. evil face

wolverine8888

lol. ya ur wolverine hating is funny. slaughter woudl stand not a chance at all and u know it

thesilverspider
lol. ya ur wolverine hating is funny. slaughter woudl stand not a chance at all and u know it

hey hey slaughter is one of the biggest badass's out there ok show some respect.

Melnorme

I don't hate Wolverine. What are you talking about?

It doesn't change the fact that Slaughter would take Wolverine down.

thesilverspider
respect.................... mad

wolverine8888
I don't hate Wolverine. What are you talking about?

It doesn't change the fact that Slaughter would take Wolverine down.

how?
how is he better then wolverine in any area?
name um use to prove because there no way in hell he could take wolverine down and u know it.

wolverine8888
respect.................... mad

?

thesilverspider
?

i never said that sarge would win ok so don't get at me.........

wolverine8888
i never said that sarge would win ok so don't get at me.........
I am not, I was showing a wolverine respect pic

Melnorme
how?
how is he better then wolverine in any area?
name um use to prove because there no way in hell he could take wolverine down and u know it.

He's stronger, faster, an excellent fighter, and a Real American Hero.

He took down Serpentor, and Nemesis Enforcer. I think one right after the other, actually. He's a machine.

wolverine8888
He's stronger, faster, an excellent fighter, and a Real American Hero.

He took down Serpentor, and Nemesis Enforcer. I think one right after the other, actually. He's a machine.

are u on crack.
Stronger? wtf are u on
faster? wtf are u on

some some proof what u state is pure retarded ness

Melnorme
are u on crack.
Stronger? wtf are u on
faster? wtf are u on

some some proof what u state is pure retarded ness

Dude, Slaughter's flipped over trucks and stuff all the time. He's taken on 100 Cobras at a time. He'd take Wolverine to the mat.

wolverine8888
Dude, Slaughter's flipped over trucks and stuff all the time. He's taken on 100 Cobras at a time. He'd take Wolverine to the mat.

show some prove of him ever flipping over a truck. also flipping over a truck would not put him at wolverines level of strength. also 100 cobras wow big whoop wolverine beat 15 thousand hand ninjas the most deadly assassins in the worl with out taking a scratch. ur honestly lost all my respect. U ahve clearly shown u are just a hater who has no prove of any thing

Melnorme
show some prove of him ever flipping over a truck. also flipping over a truck would not put him at wolverines level of strength. also 100 cobras wow big whoop wolverine beat 15 thousand hand ninjas the most deadly assassins in the worl with out taking a scratch. ur honestly lost all my respect. U ahve clearly shown u are just a hater who has no prove of any thing

I'd post scans, but GI Joe is a cartoon. laughing

wolverine8888
atcaully it also a comic. also anme the episode because I own pritty much the whole dam thing

Melnorme
Well, if that's the case, then you can tell me, because it's been many a year since I've seen the Sarge flip over a truck. He's only in it for the latter season or two, so that should narrow it down for ya.

wolverine8888
Well, if that's the case, then you can tell me, because it's been many a year since I've seen the Sarge flip over a truck. He's only in it for the latter season or two, so that should narrow it down for ya.

I do not own a single episode of him flipping over a truck I think ur making it up in ur head.

srankmissingnin
SG Slaughter had around class 70 strength, IIRC he has flipped over tanks and opened huge blast doors with his bare hands... he was a monster. Cartoon G.I. Joe characters where all pretty extreme, Storm Shadow dismantled a tank in 8 seconds... thats just nuts.

Anyway G.I. Joe (cartoon or comic) takes down S.H.I.E.L.D.

wolverine8888
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
SG Slaughter had around class 70 strength, IIRC he has flipped over tanks and opened huge blast doors with his bare hands... he was a monster. Cartoon G.I. Joe characters where all pretty extreme, Storm Shadow dismantled a tank in 8 seconds... thats just nuts.

Anyway G.I. Joe (cartoon or comic) takes down S.H.I.E.L.D.

wtf non of the ever flipped over a tank wtf are u talken about. also shiled owns there ass.
show some dam prove

srankmissingnin
Please Snake-eyes could sneak into the helicarrier and kill Fury, take all the lighting fixtures, cook a christmas dinner for a family of 24 and leave with out anyone knowing he was there.

King KAM
Please Snake-eyes could sneak into the helicarrier and kill Fury, take all the lighting fixtures, cook a christmas dinner for a family of 24 and leave with out anyone knowing he was there. eff that, fury is unstoppable, and will beat the holy hell out of SE in h2h

srankmissingnin
Snake-eyes blocks and dodges esmachine gunfire with the greatest of ease, has moved so fast that the firction caused his sword to burst into flames, he cuts through things then goes about beating the crap out of people before gravity even begins to take effect on the items. Even the lowest COBRA soldier is agumented to 2x human in ever area... and Snake-eyes owns these guys like nothing, he makes Batman look like a kid with a yellow belt. Snake-eyes is nuts pure and simple. Every version of Snake-eyes, 80's cartoon, SIGMA 6, Reloaded, Marvel era - DDP era is super human and would own Fury with out a doubt.

Wraith inflected heavy causualties on the Chinese army all buy himself and Snake-eyes held his own against him for a while.

wolverine8888
Snake-eyes blocks and dodges esmachine gunfire with the greatest of ease, has moved so fast that the firction caused his sword to burst into flames, he cuts through things then goes about beating the crap out of people before gravity even begins to take effect on the items. Even the lowest COBRA soldier is agumented to 2x human in ever area... and Snake-eyes owns these guys like nothing, he makes Batman look like a kid with a yellow belt. Snake-eyes is nuts pure and simple. Every version of Snake-eyes, 80's cartoon, SIGMA 6, Reloaded, Marvel era - DDP era is super human and would own Fury with out a doubt.

Wraith inflected heavy causualties on the Chinese army all buy himself and Snake-eyes held his own against him for a while.

see but here ur problem. wolverine,spiderwoman ,captian america,black widow,hawlkeye, electra are all agent of shield thpugh not always active a long with many more superheros please tell me what snake eyes plans to do if he has to fight against that.

cybermaster
Originally posted by King KAM
eff that, fury is unstoppable, and will beat the holy hell out of SE in h2h hell yah big grin

srankmissingnin
see but here ur problem. wolverine,spiderwoman ,captian america,black widow,hawlkeye, electra are all agent of shield thpugh not always active a long with many more superheros please tell me what snake eyes plans to do if he has to fight against that.

The only person listed there that Snake-eyes would even have a break a sweat fighting with is Wolverine (based solo on the fact that Wolverine has a healing factor), the rest wouldn't even know that he had killed them... luckily Wolverine was never an actually SHIELD Agent, rather he just someone who has helped out Fury before, he is as much a shield opperative as the Autobots are members of G.I. Joe.

wolverine8888
The only person listed there that Snake-eyes would even have a break a sweat fighting with is Wolverine (based solo on the fact that Wolverine has a healing factor), the rest wouldn't even know that he had killed them... luckily Wolverine was never an actually SHIELD Agent, rather he just someone who has helped out Fury before, he is as much a shield opperative as the Autobots are members of G.I. Joe.
actauly when ur on a mission for shield u are a shield agent. any ways with prep shield takes this easiliy with out then gi woudlt ake this. but with prep there no way team shield loses seeing how they cna call any superhero that has worked for them into the fight. snake eyes would get rapped by wolverine dont kid ur self.

srankmissingnin
Your a SHIELD Agent when you fill out the paper work get the uniform and the paycheck, other then that you are some extra muscel. Wolverine is not a SHIELD Agent (Elektra, Spiderwomen and Black Widow are though).

Wolverine would beat Snake-eyes because Snake-eyes can't put him down... heck he can barely slow him down. That being said Snake-eyes would dominate Wolverine utterly in close quarters combat to such an insande degree but he doesn't have the endurance to keep it up and one hit will finish him.

wolverine8888
dude no just no. wolverien a better fighter then snake eyes I use tow atch the show all the time nuthign snake eye does would make him own wolverine at all hell snake eyes aint even close to wolverines abilities he get owned.

srankmissingnin
dude no just no. wolverien a better fighter then snake eyes I use tow atch the show all the time nuthign snake eye does would make him own wolverine at all hell snake eyes aint even close to wolverines abilities he get owned.

I'm talking about comic Snake-eyes not 80's cartoon Snake-eyes, 80's cartoon Snake-eyes was almost 100% comic relief

wolverine8888
can u post some comic numbers or scans of his feats?

srankmissingnin
can u post some comic numbers of his feats?

I'll be home for christmas soon, I'll try to do it then

wolverine8888
ok

Melnorme
That was a very...interesting exchange.

wolverine8888
well i read the comics but never realy read about snake eyes

Melnorme
Honestly, I don't know much about GI Joe at all. I know Snake Eyes is the strong, silent type. And he wears some pretty fresh pajamas. Other than that, it's a lotta question marks.

wolverine8888
same lol

Melnorme
I think he's got a point about Wolverine not being a standing member of SHIELD. I mean, Fury can call in the friggin Avengers if he wants. What are they gonna do...say "no"? But at the end of the day, those guys still aren't members of SHIELD, and if I recall, there's a standing "no reinforcments" rule on this board, so don't you think SHIELD should only be able to call in their primary agents?

And, if not, then I think GI Joe is gonna call in Colin Powell (yes, he's got an action figure, so he's a Joe) and as former Secretary of State, he's gonna bring a whole lotta pain into SHIELD's world! stick out tongue

wolverine8888
I think he's got a point about Wolverine not being a standing member of SHIELD. I mean, Fury can call in the friggin Avengers if he wants. What are they gonna do...say "no"? But at the end of the day, those guys still aren't members of SHIELD, and if I recall, there's a standing "no reinforcments" rule on this board, so don't you think SHIELD should only be able to call in their primary agents?

And, if not, then I think GI Joe is gonna call in Colin Powell (yes, he's got an action figure, so he's a Joe) and as former Secretary of State, he's gonna bring a whole lotta pain into SHIELD's world! stick out tongue
the thing is captain america is an agent of shields along with many other heros and one of them is wolverine. remeber "wolverine agent of shield"

Melnorme
the thing is captain america is an agent of shields along with many other heros and one of them is wolverine. remeber "wolverine agent of shield"

No, but I remember Marvel Knights Spider-Man and Wolverine, and I don't think they were officially on SHIELD'S roster at that point, but I could be wrong.

wolverine8888
No, but I remember Marvel Knights Spider-Man and Wolverine, and I don't think they were officially on SHIELD'S roster at that point, but I could be wrong.
ocne an agent of shield always an agent of shield. like is aid with prep sheidl wins they can just call in there agents. spiderman is not an agent of shield.

Melnorme
Well, except he's worked for SHIELD in the past, so by the "once/always" rule, does that make him "always an agent of SHIELD"?

wolverine8888
SORTA HE WILL BE CONSIDER AN AGENT OF SHIELD TILL HE DIES

wolverine8888
by teh way wolverine is still an agent of shield though currently

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.