House of 1000 corpses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

morgan (i guess
Talk about bad ass huh? Rob Zomie is a great movie directior and his musick is the best talk t me if u wish if not thats cool. ROCK ON MY FELLO ROCKERS evil face

Impediment
The are already multiple threads about this movie, dude. wink But I agree. One helluva great horror movie.

deathbycorn
I liked 'House' better than 'Devil's Rejects'

LizzyT123
yeah, me too. House had a darker feeling, and I liked how it wasn't realistic, and it was my fav of the two. But Devil's Rejects is a great movie too. I really liked the ending, even though they are bad people, it brought tears to my eyes.

Wolfie
I liked The Devil's Rejects better. House of 1000 Corpses was alright but it was more like a long music video. Devil's Rejects had a better story, went more in depth with the characters, and had more of Spaulding (my favorite character).

LizzyT123
Spaulding is awesome. My fav line from Devil's Rejects-"there is no icecream in your future!!!" (next scene, otis lookin upset while spaulding and baby have icecream"

Wolfie
LOL! I loved that part. And Baby offers Otis some and gets it on his nose.

deathbycorn
"TUTTI...****ING...FRUTTI"

LizzyT123
"excuse me ma'am, but I'm on some secret clown work"

Impediment
House of 1,000 Corpses was meant to be campy and fictitious, whereas The Devil's Rejects is a more realistic take the our anti-heroes we hate to love. Thats why Zombie shot footage of Dr. Satan in the hospital, in "Rejects", but scrapped to the deleted scenes section of the DVD. He said that it made the movie to "unrealistic", which is what he wasn't aiming for this time around.

I Love Snape
i abosultly love thia movie

LizzyT123
Rob maybe made Devil\'s Rejects just because everybody didn\'t like House of 1000 Corpses, and I\'m like, what the hell? I loved that movie, and expected more Docta Satan. oh well, nobody really agrees with me on that.

jayy
The Devil's Rejects should have rejected by the production company that produced it. It SUUUUUUUCKKKKEDDDDDDDDD!!!!

House Of 1000 Corpses was so much better.

Nuff said. wink

http://img168.exs.cx/img168/4358/googoo2pm.gif

wink

Wolfie
Originally posted by LizzyT123
Rob maybe made Devil\'s Rejects just because everybody didn\'t like House of 1000 Corpses, and I\'m like, what the hell? I loved that movie, and expected more Docta Satan. oh well, nobody really agrees with me on that.
I was kinda disappointed around the end of House of 1000 Corpses when we actually see Dr. Satan. I thought it would've been much better if he remained a local legend rather than a in-the-flesh-still-living human being. Like when they're cutting that one guy's head, they could've used some dialogue hinting at Dr. Satan. "You wanted Dr. Satan? This is as close as you're gonna get!" *Baby laughs*

deathbycorn
They found what they were looking for... Dr. Satan was an evil looking thing and I liked the whole concept...

tabby999
i thought House sucked, havn't seen Devils Rejects yet though

jayy
Originally posted by tabby999
i thought House sucked, havn't seen Devils Rejects yet though

Don't waste your time or money. wink

LizzyT123
Usually, people who find House of 1000 Corpses terrible, seem to love Devil's Rejects, so give it a shot.

I like both movies, but I have to say that I prefered House of 1000 Corpses.

jayy
Usually, people who find House of 1000 Corpses terrible, seem to love Devil's Rejects, so give it a shot.

I like both movies, but I have to say that I prefered House of 1000 Corpses.

Me too. wink

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Wolfie
I was kinda disappointed around the end of House of 1000 Corpses when we actually see Dr. Satan. I thought it would've been much better if he remained a local legend rather than a in-the-flesh-still-living human being. Like when they're cutting that one guy's head, they could've used some dialogue hinting at Dr. Satan. "You wanted Dr. Satan? This is as close as you're gonna get!" *Baby laughs*

Well, the movie probably wouldn't have been as good if you didn't see Dr. Satan. He was human. Just like all the other villians and criminals shown in the beginning, in Captain Spaulding's little showcase thingy. I think that this movie was fine.

K.Diddy
I have not seen Devil's rejects yet, and did not enjoy House of 1000 corpse's that much either.

Wolfie
Well, the movie probably wouldn't have been as good if you didn't see Dr. Satan. He was human. Just like all the other villians and criminals shown in the beginning, in Captain Spaulding's little showcase thingy. I think that this movie was fine.
But the thing was, he was this cool person, an immortal being (in the sense that his story is going to live on). But when we see him in his room underground, he becomes just some guy. I think it would have been better if the closest you see to Dr. Satan is Spaulding's Death Ride.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by K.Diddy
I have not seen Devil's rejects yet, and did not enjoy House of 1000 corpse's that much either.

PEOPLE WHO HATE HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES LOVE THE DEVIL'S REJECTS BECAUSE ITS NOTHING LIKE HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES.

Nuff saidwink

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Wolfie
But the thing was, he was this cool person, an immortal being (in the sense that his story is going to live on). But when we see him in his room underground, he becomes just some guy. I think it would have been better if the closest you see to Dr. Satan is Spaulding's Death Ride.

I understand what you mean, but I still like House of 1000 Corpses the way it is, because I love Rob, and I just love the whole concept. smile, I thought it was scary when you saw the doctor, some of the images were pretty scary to me, and to people who take it seriously, would think its lame.

I LOVE HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES!

FistOfThe North
Saw this movie yesterday for the fist time. I plan on seeing the sequel "The Devil's Rejects" today. (Both are "On Demand"wink.

I'll have to say that i like this movie. Kind of alot.

I found it funny mostly. Is it suppose to be a grindhouse type of movie or something? The movie had a high quality cheapness too it minus the cheese, if that makes any sense, that made it ok to enjoy without worrying about losing I.Q. or dying of boredom.

I loved the characters. They were bizarre as hell, in a schizophrenic way. Especially that clown dude. (loved when he would click on his little blinking skull lapel and go (ag, ag, ag, ag, ag, ag). I liked that little old man, too. (especially when he was on that stage). He just looks flawlessly shameless. They were all so perfectly odd but cool just in a psychopathic way. It's like they were kinda like pseudo smart/lunatic white trash, as weird as that sounds.

The feel of the film had a hick horror art sense to it.

I think ill watch it again followed by "TDR"

8/10. It had a typical story but visually it holds you with it's characters and its homicidal/cheap horror artsy yet subliminal visuals that pop up every so often in groovy red.

Blinky
This movie was just a big rip-off of both TCSM 1 & 2 . It's really just relies on gore and having more "disturbing" antagonist . This movie was ok to see the first time but easily forgotten. Zombie IMO is a horrible director/writer... just look how bad he ruined Halloween.

MildPossession
Totally agree. The Devil's Rejects is worse than House of 1000 Corpses too, at least House of 1000 Corpses had some memorable scenes in(the neon coloured ghost train ride, think I remember it in neon colours?).

Halloween was just terrible.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Blinky
This movie was just a big rip-off of both TCSM 1 & 2 . It's really just relies on gore and having more "disturbing" antagonist . This movie was ok to see the first time but easily forgotten. Zombie IMO is a horrible director/writer... just look how bad he ruined Halloween.

What's "TCSM"?

And i happened to like Rob's Halloween remake better than the original. Not to take anything from the original. It was a great movie, but this new version was good. I loved his height most of all. It was, after all the 3rd highest grossing film in the series. And what are we up to 9 or something?

My opinion.

And this (house/1000c) movie cost only $7 million to make and it was his directorial debut, what'd you expect? It's a B movie.

Blinky
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
What's "TCSM"?

Texas Chainsaw Massacre... probably should be TSM... oh well. Watch both parts (one and two) and fuse the two movies together and you pretty much get House of 1000 Corpses.

Originally posted by FistOfThe North

And i happened to like Rob's Halloween remake better than the original. Not to take anything from the original. It was a great movie, but this new version was good. I loved his height most of all. It was, after all the 3rd highest grossing film in the series. And what are we up to 9 or something?

My opinion.

And this (house/1000c) movie cost only $7 million to make and it was his directorial debut, what'd you expect? It's a B movie.

I think the original was much more stylistic and scary. It did not rely on gore and of course the wonderful Mr. Carpenter directed it. In terms of horror movies it was, and still is a masterpiece. The new Halloween seemed to have only one purpose... make money.

MildPossession
That doesn't mean anything, rubbish films can make lots of money, and get to number 1 spots in film charts all the time.

The remake ruined it by bringing in the silly backstory of Myers, original leaves him more or less mysterious, that's scary.

deathbycorn
Originally posted by MildPossession
Totally agree. The Devil's Rejects is worse than House of 1000 Corpses too, at least House of 1000 Corpses had some memorable scenes in(the neon coloured ghost train ride, think I remember it in neon colours?).

Halloween was just terrible.

Yeah House is better than Devils IMO.

rox
Originally posted by Selphie
yeah, me too. House had a darker feeling, and I liked how it wasn't realistic, and it was my fav of the two. But Devil's Rejects is a great movie too. I really liked the ending, even though they are bad people, it brought tears to my eyes.

1000 corpes was terrible chessy and unrealistic. it had to much of a country brother and sister having sex type of fill. i hated it.

devils rejects on the other was disappointing but still watchable

FistOfThe North
So i saw "The Devil Rejects" and i liked it. I was a bit more serious and realistic than the first. I found it odd that the first one had zombies in it and his one didn't. Capt. Spaulding did it for me once again. Loved when he climbed in that hijacked station-wagon with that little boy that was crying and said:

"What's the matter kid?! Don't you like clowns?! Why?! Don't we make you laugh?! Aren't we fcukin' funny?!! You best come up with an answer cause i'ma come back here and check on you and your mama and if you ain't got a reason why you hate clowns, i'm gonna kill your whole fcukin' family..now get the fcuk out! c'mon, ag, ag, ag, ag, ag, ag! hahahah!"

lol.

Capt. Spaulding gonna be in and voice himself this new Rob Zombie 'toon that's coming out or is out. I'll be checking that out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.