Anakin Skywalker versus Musashi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ianus
Musashi is the historic version, wielding a cortosis katana and wazikashi.

You can educate yourself on him here .

Anakin has his single lightsaber, and cannot use any force powers other than his latent force precog (Which means he effectively fights like Anakin, but without calling on the Force consciously... no throwing, etc.)

Shadow x 20
Musashi would defeat Ani. Mus is a lot more intelligent then Ani and developed his own fighting style. Not to mention Ani doesn't think before he acts and he even said himself, "I am a slow learner" so Mus wins this.
Can't wait to see the Ani fan boys try to defend Anakin.

Ianus
I personally think Musashi would skewer Anakin because of his unique approach to combat and his perchant for winning duels.

Shadow x 20
Anakin gets pwned

Darth_Glentract
Well Anakin can just force choke him, but in skill with a blade Miyamoto takes just about anyone.

Ianus
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Well Anakin can just force choke him, but in skill with a blade Miyamoto takes just about anyone.

Read the post slower next time. It says that there are no uses of the Force that are conscious.... in other words, no force powers, though we have to factor in the Force as a driving power behind Anakin's abilities, since that's what aids him in the movies.

Darth_Glentract
I know that, I was just saying that if he did.

Ianus
Which is evident.

Darth_Glentract
Indeed.

AnakinNihilus
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Musashi would defeat Ani. Mus is a lot more intelligent then Ani and developed his own fighting style. Not to mention Ani doesn't think before he acts and he even said himself, "I am a slow learner" so Mus wins this.
Can't wait to see the Ani fan boys try to defend Anakin.

Do you always take things on their face value?

The line "I am a slow learner" doesn't necessarily mean he is a slow learner, especially if you look at the context in which it was said. It was merely an arrogant response to a superior opponent. I believe that he is anything but a slow learner. When he became a padawan most Jedi had at least five years on him, considering lightsaber training starts at youngling level, yet he was still one of the best duellists in the order behind only the greats of that time.

And no, I'm not an Anakin 'fan boy', I was just pointing out that something you used to back up your point is not a valid fact. If he'd said "I am the greatest duellist ever", instead of "I am a slow learner", would you use that as a fact to back up an argument? I hope not.

kamikz
I belive Anakin could put up a good challenge, he can predict where Mus is going to strike which gives him an advantage. He has proved to be on the top ten list of the duellists in the order, so I would give him a chance.

henniestevens
Musashi might have been the greatest swordsman on earth, but Anakin was one of the best of a whole galaxy. Anakin has been trained for almost his whole life just like Musashi and got a lot of fighting experience. Plus his abilities are boosted by the force, I think Anakin can pull this one off.

ssj3gohan007
Anakin has this he is a jedi from a galaxy much more advanced then our own, nobody on earth can challenge a jedi. you throw a nuclear bomb on him and he will just use the force to throw it back at us. plus ani has a lightsaber which can cut through almost any alloy in the star wars universe so it can def. cut through any allow on earth. i say Ani cuts Mus katana in half then his limbs and then go for the famous Dooku head lock. heheh

overlord
Well, to be honest.. I never was really impressed by the way of fighting in SW. Real swordsmasters will always pwn them in my opinion. But this is of course a little bit too technical.
If we take acount to Lucas' intention to the story then the SW duellist would have to be good. But then I still wouldn't say it.

ssj3gohan007
Jedi are supernatural beings who are beyond an ordinary human. SuperNatural strength/power >>>>>>> regular human swordsman

Se7in
Musashi through pure skill, ability, and attitude.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by ssj3gohan007
Anakin has this he is a jedi from a galaxy much more advanced then our own, nobody on earth can challenge a jedi. you throw a nuclear bomb on him and he will just use the force to throw it back at us. plus ani has a lightsaber which can cut through almost any alloy in the star wars universe so it can def. cut through any allow on earth. i say Ani cuts Mus katana in half then his limbs and then go for the famous Dooku head lock. heheh

He couldn't throw a bomb back at us and...

Musahi is using cortosis weapons. In case you didn't know cortosis is lightsaber resistant.

I think he could give Anakin a good run for him money, but my answer is still up in the air. All I know is that Greivous would beat Musahi. Just wanted to establish that, even if it is off topic, sorry.

Darth_Glentract
How would GG beat Musashi?

ssj3gohan007
Because in a world without the force general grievous is like a god. He is a robot with super human strength, speed, and four bloody lightsabers. Mushashi is dead meat. You seen the terminator movies, its extremely hard to defeat a machine. and general grievous is much taller and more advanced than even the T-X.

Se7in
Your post lacks sense.

1) Grievous is not a robot. He's a cyborg and needs his suit to live, therefore making him semi-organic.

2) T-X's are actually much more advance, Grievous just used the amor and suit, he didn't have any programming or anything, he was still in control.

3) T-X's are much harder to kill. Grievous took one hard Force Push and lost two arms. T-X's take hundreds of shots to kill, though EMP kills em' quick.

4) How does he have superhuman speed? I might understand strength, due to robotic enhancements, but speed? He seems pretty slow actually, he allowed Obi to do backflips over him and couldn't dodge one saber, yet he has "four bloody sabers."

5) Machines aren't hard to kill, EMP rids of em' almost instantly.

Ianus
I think a lot of people are hinging on some pretty flimsy rationale. But then again it's not surprising considering the sources.

Musashi has killed more men in direct combat than Anakin has. He's killed opponents of greater prestige and repute. He's killed a man with an OAR. He's the forefather of two blade wazikashi/katana use, and Anakin is way too overconfidant and used to fighting weaker enemies.

Say what you will about not being able to compare SW fight scenes to real fighting, but the point is you HAVE TO in order to make a judgment. Movie scenes are the bones and blood of the SW canon, the highest level aside from the man himself. If they show Anakin having a particularly easy to penetrate guard (Which he does) chances are a real swordsman used to killing people would dice him up.

ssj3gohan007
Your seriously underestimated anakin's power, he is like the son of god. a supernatural being far superior to anyone on earth. This is pointless to compare some human to one of the greatest supernatural ninjas in the universe.

Darth Faunus
You're hopeless, you know that?

ssj3gohan007
i was joking, you know that

Darth Faunus
No, actually, I didn't. You seem to be on this 'zOMG anikin pwnz00rs all wit hiz uber ptoeniial' spree, and it's rather annoying.

Ianus
A throw-back to the pre-May crowd...

Anyways, Anakin is skilled, I never deny him that. But to take out in combat someone who specializes in killing people with his first or second strike? Ridiculous. Anakin's opponents either fire blaster bolts at him or they wave a glow stick around their heads.

ssj3gohan007
A glow stick??? is that what you refer the greatest weapon in the universe as? its a bloody lightsaber!

Shadow x 20
I don't think a lightsaber is the greatest weapon in the galaxy for one I believe the Galaxy Gun beats it

jollyjim311
Psst, Musahi spent a whole bunch of time writing books on how to beat people up and didn't spend every waking moment training, therefore, he must suck. - That is how people debate about star wars characters (mainly Sidious), so I figured I'd use it in a real-life scenario and see if it makes sense, nope, not even a little.

overlord
A true warrior is never arrogant as he wouldn't have the insight to see his flaws thus bettering himself. He should be focused and calm too.
So Anakin could never really be that great.

ssj3gohan007
No he was young, alot of people who are in their teens or young adulthood tend to be similar to anakin in some way or another like rebellious or w/e. Even Anakin will grow up and be more mature and responsible and less arogant. Look at suited vader, he is not as arrogant and reckless as young ani was. Imagine suited vader's experience, intelligence, and maturity and combine that with a shitload of power and speed. see what you make of that?

exanda kane
A fanboys dream?

Ianus
Yeah. I can just as easily imagine Yoda with 900 years training as a Sith Lord and maybe make a mess in my GI Joe sheets but what the **** does that have to do with anything?

ssj3gohan007
I was just proving that anything is possible

exanda kane
Yes but it's also my philosophy that if you try and make any constructive points on KMC these days you get flamed, unnecessarily perhaps.

ssj3gohan007
So does that leave us to just keep our mouths shut even if we have something to say?

exanda kane
It's probably a good idea yes.

ssj3gohan007
thank you

exanda kane
roll eyes (sarcastic) anytime...

kingkman
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
I don't think a lightsaber is the greatest weapon in the galaxy for one I believe the Galaxy Gun beats it

The Galaxy Gun is a super weapon.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by exanda kane
Yes but it's also my philosophy that if you try and make any constructive points on KMC these days you get flamed, unnecessarily perhaps.

Any occasions of this? I do understand what you mean though.

kingkman
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
No, actually, I didn't. You seem to be on this 'zOMG anikin pwnz00rs all wit hiz uber ptoeniial' spree, and it's rather annoying.

I find it annoying that you sit on the sidelines and wait for somebody to say something which you don't agree on and then go out of your way to make that known. At the end of the day you are just an average student at college who doesn't feel very smart among his peers so he has to post his views (which are usually wrong) on a website filled with people who are quite a bit younger than him to feel smart. And you still don't pull it off.

kingkman
I know you do Darth Glentract, just like the "Ragnos Temple Purge" thread.

Darth_Glentract
What was the new idea in that?

exanda kane
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Any occasions of this? I do understand what you mean though.

Like you, as you ask me, I can't be bothered to browse the forums for examples, but as you know what I'm getting at...

When someoone tries to make a point yet says it in a normal, casual tone they will get flamed because it makes them look naive and n00bish. if someone tries to make a point with an agressive, mocking or witty tone no one really cares...yet listens to the point.

ssj3gohan007
is this true?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.