Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
can darth maul do force choke...? and if so, is it as strong as dooku's and vaders?

Ianus
I believe Maul has choked before, in Shadow Hunter. Whether or not it's as strong as Vader's or Dooku's is a silly question, since none of them can be reasonably measured or compared.

Captain REX
Yup.

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by Ianus
I believe Maul has choked before, in Shadow Hunter. Whether or not it's as strong as Vader's or Dooku's is a silly question, since none of them can be reasonably measured or compared.
it was in shadow hunter but also in sabotuer

SnakeEyes
It was also in his comic mini-series; which was pretty damn awesome if I do say so myself.

SS_181st_Snow
Choking doesn't have a measurement like Lightning, since it just closes the esophagus, cutting off circulation to the lungs. But then again, this can be argued by how much it closes, since Vader held in that choke for a minute and he didn't die, but he killed others faster with the same power.

DrDoom101
well he wasnt trying to kill Motti, just scare him.

SS_181st_Snow
My point exactly. But when he choked Needa, he killed him outright.

Darth Orcus
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
Choking doesn't have a measurement like Lightning, since it just closes the esophagus, cutting off circulation to the lungs. But then again, this can be argued by how much it closes, since Vader held in that choke for a minute and he didn't die, but he killed others faster with the same power.

I suspect you mean the trachea. The oesophagus is the channel leading to the stomach - not the lungs. Like the oesophagus, the trachea starts at the back of the mouth cavity near the base of the tongue and is closed during swallowing by the epiglottis.

In order to choke someone it is more effective if the trachea is closed by pressing on the soft area between the base of the larynx and the junction of clavicle and sternum. The oesophagus is too far back to be affected by a conventional choke-hold (force or otherwise) without first crushing the larynx completely...

Dark Envy
Originally posted by Darth Orcus
I suspect you mean the trachea. The oesophagus is the channel leading to the stomach - not the lungs. Like the oesophagus, the trachea starts at the back of the mouth cavity near the base of the tongue and is closed during swallowing by the epiglottis.

In order to choke someone it is more effective if the trachea is closed by pressing on the soft area between the base of the larynx and the junction of clavicle and sternum. The oesophagus is too far back to be affected by a conventional choke-hold (force or otherwise) without first crushing the larynx completely...

Oww...My brain.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Darth Orcus

Esophagus, with an 'e'.

SS_181st_Snow
-.-; The windpipe. How's that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.