i've pinged a few members lately

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sir Whirlysplat
Who else has done this and found the results interesting?

Capt_Fantastic
what is pinging? Is that like Radar?

Deano
whirly has radar up his arse

eggmayo
Well, your ping score is how long it takes for someone to send a packet of data to your IP address and for your IP address to send it back, almost like radar.

jaden101
and how do you do this?

eggmayo
Using telnet, there's no point in doing it unless 1) your hacking 2) your playing a game online against them 3) theres a magic reason I don't know..

Also, how exactly are you getting our IP's to ping?

Capt_Fantastic
so, how long it takes implies how far away the person you're "pinging" is? What's the point, exactly? Because Whirly lives in the UK and I live on the west coast of the US.

eggmayo
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
so, how long it takes implies how far away the person you're "pinging" is? What's the point, exactly? Because Whirly lives in the UK and I live on the west coast of the US.
Also implies how shit their internet connection is.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by eggmayo
Using telnet, there's no point in doing it unless 1) your hacking 2) your playing a game online against them 3) theres a magic reason I don't know..

Also, how exactly are you getting our IP's to ping?

Hacking?

eggmayo
Well, technically not hacking.. testing their connection speed to use their Ip address as a proxy.

GCG
KMC members ? How is that possible ?

Sir Whirlysplat
wink

Sir Whirlysplat
you can learn other things wink and I'm not doing it for sinister reasons.

GCG
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
you can learn other things wink and I'm not doing it for sinister reasons.

Shut up. You dont have the technical capacity to 'ping' KMC members. Otherwise you wouldnt be boasting.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by GCG
Shut up. You dont have the technical capacity to 'ping' KMC members. Otherwise you wouldnt be boasting.

roll eyes (sarcastic) its reasonably easy if you pay twenty pounds for the software.

GCG
So PM me my IP address mr. smile

Sir Whirlysplat
I need your messenger addy to do it smile it's not in you're bio, please supply it.

GCG
I dont use chat rooms.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by GCG
I dont use chat rooms.

if you supply it I will ping you smile

GCG
I supply you with what ? what do you want ?

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by GCG
I supply you with what ? what do you want ?

your msn or yahoo addy smile

GCG
msn ? yahoo ?

Who uses them anymore? They are dead ; DECEASED. Pushing up the daisies and feeding the worms. Its Google talk now. Anyone with a gmail account has it.

http://www.google.com/talk/images/talk_logo.gif

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by GCG
msn ? yahoo ?

Who uses them anymore? They are dead ; DECEASED. Pushing up the daisies and feeding the worms. Its Google talk now. Anyone with a gmail account has it.

http://www.google.com/talk/images/talk_logo.gif

I haven't tried with that yet - it works with ICQ so maybe. Give us it and I'llgive it a whirl. smile

GCG
sure; its kosamui

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by GCG
sure; its kosamui

ok might take a while as I have not used Google talk before.

Sir Whirlysplat
I have to configure Google talk for my Mac I'll get back to you tommorrow with my results smile

GCG
good luck

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by GCG
good luck

thanks smile having a Mac is great when you have things set up but a devil for the setting up part.

El_NINO
Im gonna do the 'PING OF DEATH' to everyone who treats me wrong on KMC from now on no expression

Sir Whirlysplat
having trouble configuring for Google CGC but I will mak my words smile

Syren
Ping? confused

I'm finding it hard to believe this...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.