Wonderman Vs Apollo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/4783/wondermanapollo24el.jpg

(using current purple energy version Wonderman)

No special prep for either.

I think Apollo starts out a little stronger than Wonderman.... but Wonderman's body is indestructible and he seems to have better stamina

one fight during the day

one at night

Scoobless
no expression

Lucid Lui
I'm leaning more towards Wonder Man. But i don't really know a huge amount about Apollo....

Scoobless
he's a low level Superman clone who weakens fairly quickly

golem370
Apollo
Intelligence: Normal (4/10)
Strength: Superhuman Class 50 (8/12)
Speed: Superhuman (6/10)
Stamina: Godlike (9/10)
Durability: Superhuman (7/14)
Agility: Superhuman (6/7)
Reflexes: Superhuman (6/7)
Fighting Skills: Good hand-to-hand combatant
Special Skills/Abilities: Extraordinary archer and musician, plays the lyre
Superhuman physical powers: In addition to the above listed physical abilities, Apollo possesses virtual immortality, the power to radiate great heat and light at will, and the power to heal the injuries of others with superhuman rapidity.
Superhuman Mental Powers: Precognitive abilities enabling him to perceive events in alternate futures

Scoobless
I don't think that's the same Apollo..... look at the picture, it's the guy from the Authority

golem370
Yeah this was the one I was talking about.

the Darkone
Wonderman will crack his ass in two, Apollo is a good fighter but he is not on wonderman level at all. Wonderman starts at low class 100 6/7 but if he is enrage he is in hulk, thor, hercules strength class 7/7 within seconds. Wonderman has to many feats under his belt, apollo couldn't spit shine wonderman boots.

olympian
Two pictures of two different Apollos.

One the Wildstorm autorithy dude. The other the sun Greek God.

Wich one is?

Fishy 500
Originally posted by the Darkone
Wonderman will crack his ass in two, Apollo is a good fighter but he is not on wonderman level at all. Wonderman starts at low class 100 6/7 but if he is enrage he is in hulk, thor, hercules strength class 7/7 within seconds. Wonderman has to many feats under his belt, apollo couldn't spit shine wonderman boots.

Level 6 = lower than 100 tons .... Thor and co lift way over 100 tons !

long pig
Apollo punches Wonderman's balls off!!!!!!!!!

the Darkone
Level 6 is 75-100 tons, Level 7 100 tons and beyond

Wonderman starts of at 6 and then jumps to 7 (when enrage)

thesilverspider
Originally posted by long pig
Apollo punches Wonderman's balls off!!!!!!!!!

midnighter might get jelous.................. embarrasment

Fishy 500
Level 6 is 85-100 tons, Level 7 100 tons and beyond

disgust

Why isn't he listed as level 7 then i.e. like the Surfer ?

the Darkone
Wonderman kicks apollo balls into his mouth and then rips him apart.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Fishy 500
disgust

Why isn't he listed as level 7 then i.e. like the Surfer ?

ask marvel they keep on f**king up their characters. Because his powers go up and down depending who is writing him.

thesilverspider
Level 6 is 75-100 tons, Level 7 100 tons and beyond

I'm not to sure about that since hulk is a 7 and he start's off around class 70........... before getting enraged

long pig
Wonderman kicks apollo balls into his mouth and then rips him apart.
WonderMan kicks Apollo's balls into his own mouth or into WM's mouth?

the Darkone
Originally posted by thesilverspider
I'm not to sure about that since hulk is a 7 and he start's off around class 70........... before getting enraged

hulk starts at class 100 in calm state read his handbook 2004.

classic wonderman class 100 7/7
80's wonderman class 100 7/7
current wonderman class 100 6/7, when enrage 7/7

the Darkone
apollo will get rape and he might like it.

thesilverspider

I have learned over the year's not to trust everything in the handbook's

Sir Whirlysplat
Door! Apollo and Wonderman end up in the Sun game over - Apollo wins

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Door! Apollo and Wonderman end up in the Sun game over - Apollo wins Do we know if that'd kill him in his Ionic form?

Also, that's cheating. Door. pft.

the Darkone
wonder man will beat his fruity ass down like the house wife he is. wonder man is pretty much indestructible unlike apollo.

Fishy 500

"hulk starts at class 100 in calm state read his handbook 2004."

Interesting ... what did it say ???????

"classic wonderman class 100 7/7
current wonderman class 100 6/7, when enrage 7/7"

He's always been listed as class 90 ! smile

Sir Whirlysplat
wonder man will beat his fruity ass down like the house wife he is. wonder man is pretty much indestructible unlike apollo.

homophobic how nice for you.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Do we know if that'd kill him in his Ionic form?

Door Sundipped Apollo is Superman class, normal Apollos heat vision sterilised the moon of Alien invaders. His heat vision alone gets the job done.

thesilverspider
Door Sundipped Apollo is Superman class, normal Apollos heat vision sterilised the moon of Alien invaders. His heat vision alone gets the job done.

sir whirly has humbled us with his knowledge................

Fishy 500
Do we know if that'd kill him in his Ionic form?

Door. pft. ?

smile

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Fishy 500
Door. pft. ?

smile Door. pft. Y'know, that pft sound. I was pfting the door. Cause it sucks. pft.

Fishy 500
Door. pft. Y'know, that pft sound. I was pfting the door. Cause it sucks. pft.

No ..... really roll eyes (sarcastic) .... what is the; door ?

Lucid Lui
Oh, it's some thing that transports the Authority around. Whirly was saying that Apollo uses it to transport them to the sun where Apollo gets juiced and wins.

Scoobless
no doors, no outside help or influence of any kind

long pig
Originally posted by Scoobless
no doors, no outside help or influence of any kind
Is kicking/punching/kung fuing balls allowed?

the Darkone
homophobic how nice for you.

homophobic not all, I'm a black man! I'm not going to hate somebody because their gay, white, Chinese, Japanese, etc. I get along with everybody, for your information.

the Darkone

So what! wonder man has fougth thor, hulk, adam warlock, ultron, count nefaria etc, I think he can handle apollo wink .

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
Is kicking/punching/kung fuing balls allowed?

as always.... in fact it's encouraged thumbsup

Scoobless
I actually expected more people to be on Apollo's side here.... weird

Sir Whirlysplat
homophobic not all, I'm a black man! I'm not going to hate somebody because their gay, white, Chinese, Japanese, etc. I get along with everybody, for your information.

seems like you are from this and other posts I could display

How nice for you no expression

Sir Whirlysplat
Apollo is to versatile for Wonderman.

Scoobless
Apollo is to versatile for Wonderman.

no he's not... he only has one power that Wonderman doesn't also have - heat blasts

Sir Whirlysplat
no he's not... he only has one power that Wonderman doesn't also have - heat blast

his faster, probably stronger, at full charge (not sundipped) nearly as resiliant.

Scoobless
his faster, probably stronger, at full charge (not sundipped) nearly as resiliant.

any strength or speed advantage he has isn't that great.... and WM has more experience than Apollo (I think)

Sir Whirlysplat
any strength or speed advantage he has isn't that great.... and WM has more experience than Apollo (I think)

Most of that experience was as a coward smile

Apollo was created by Bendix.

Adam Warlock
Apollo's strength fades quickly. WM's physical attributes increase with anger or focus. If they fought straight up with no prep whatsoever, WM will take a slight beating in the beginning, but he will eventually grow angrier and more focused, while Apollo's strength quickly fades.

Wonder Man takes it 7 times out of 10.

Oh, heat vision will do two things to WM. Jack sh!t. Wm has been put through a sun before what is heat going to do to him? He's practically an energy being composed entirely of ionic energy. Their are accounts were this was disputed, but during his battles with Mephisto and Blackheart, he was able reshape his body at will. Reform his lost arm, grow to match the size of Atlas. He even fired off ionic blasts from his eyes knocking War Machine through concrete walls.

Seems like WM is more versatile than Apollo.

Arahan
Wonder Man for the win

Silent Master
Since when has Apollo been as strong as Wonderman?

Scoobless
Since he was created

Silent Master
Any strength feats that back this up, because as of the last time I had this debate Apollo didn't have any feats that came close to Wonderman's higher end feats

Scoobless
Have you read any Authority comics/TPBs?

R.O.T. Yahman
Since he was created

I think Apollo has a significant Strength Advantage. He's performed various feats that have put him at least in a mountain Moving range. He's also classified as a Majestic level being (Who is definitely a planet mover). Wonder Man has shown on various occasions that he struggles with Weights in the Kilo ton range (Objects weighing Thousands of tons). In the fight against Thor, I think he taking of advantage of the fact that Thor subconsciously becomes a Pu$$y when ever he fights with the Avengers. Wonder man probably has a Durability advantage. Apollo has had various low showings, against Midknighter, that fake Thor and other beings with less strength than Wonder man. I not 100% sure but Apollo seems to be a lot faster than Wonder man. Apollo is often compared to Superman, but the only power i think he has that puts him on this Cosmic level is his 'Heat Vision' esque power. This seems to have no limits and there is evidence to suggest he can distribute this from any 3 Dimensional point. I think he could literally cook Wonder man from the Inside out. Apollo wins this IMO. smile

Silent Master
So no feats then, thank you

Scoobless
There are plenty... I don't have a lot of Authority stuff stored on my comp at the moment... I'll have a look through some of it later.

There is an Authority respect thread in the comic book forum, you should be able to find something in there:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t405554.html

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Silent Master
So no feats then, thank you

There are loads .... Easilly lifts a Skyskraper (Something Wonderman has never Done), Destroys a Space Staition that is about the size of a small country with one attack. Easilly fights off 10 different Super villans at the same time with Marvel Level 6 strength.

Silent Master
And Wonderman was supporting an Island that had both the Avengers hydrobase and a mountain on it, Island >> skyscraper

R.O.T. Yahman
And Wonder man was supporting an Island that had both the Avengers Hydro base and a mountain on it, Island >> skyscraper

Are you talking about the Graviton incident ? ... because he did have the Mid guard Serpent moving, Hydro base Dragging, Wold Engine pushing Thor helping him. If Thor wasn't in one of his 'I better be a wimp coz I'm an Avenger' moods, he should have been able to lift that Island by himself. Wonder man is yet to conclusively prove he's MUCH stronger than Iron man or the Thing, both of whom are in the Kiloton range. You have also purposively ignored the other feats mentioned.

Silent Master
No, I'm not talking about the Graviton example, as for your other examples you didn't give enough detail for them to mean anything.

Like say, strength feats that prove how strong the villains were, and what type of attack he used on the space station, I mean did he just punch it and the whole thing shattered at once or did he attack a vulnerable point, like say a power generator that caused it to explode or simply punch a whole in a bulkhead and let the decompression do all the work.

Scoobless
He usually just points himself at stuff (spaceships, monsters, super-people) and flies straight through it/them

Silent Master
That would be durability, not strength.

Scoobless
I never said it was (though strength is a part of it) I was responding to your question about which part of the ships (or whatever) he usually hits

Silent Master
Yeah, Wonderman has used that tactic for decades.

R.O.T. Yahman
That would be durability, not strength.

Id say its power .... Wonderman is not going to be able withstand the type of power that can take out Space Staitions the size of countries.

No, I'm not talking about the Graviton example,

What issue of avengers are you talking about then ? smile

Silent Master
Wonderman withstood being drilled through a planet and withstood the negabomb which killed of most off the life in the Kree galaxy.

Can't recall the issue number off hand, however it was in the same story arc where Gilgamesh died.

Soleran
Apollo will drain himself before Wonderman goes down, then its game over.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Id say its power .... Wonderman is not going to be able withstand the type of power that can take out Space Staitions the size of countries.

Actually, the docking bay was the size of a small country. The entire station was probably closer to, say, the Moon.

wink

Apollo gets no love on this forum though. Everyone thinks he can't last long enough to beat anyone, and sees him as a 2nd-rate Supes knockoff.

Generally they're right ( embarrasment ) but he should get more respect than what he normally gets.

the Darkone
Who the hell have Apollo fought to make us believe he can handles wonder man, who has beaten Thor and stalemated other power houses. Wonder Man in energy form is more durable and stronger.

Wonder Man 8/10

DigiMark007
Who the hell have Apollo fought to make us believe he can handles wonder man, who has beaten Thor and stalemated other power houses. Wonder Man in energy form is more durable and stronger.

Wonder Man 8/10

No one knows jack about Wildstorm, so running off a list of Apollo's victories wouldn't mean much.

Also, it's tougher for the Authority because they actually kill their villians. Thus, there's few (if any) recurring threats....no one to accurately gauge power levels and such.

The Authority respect thread has all his best stuff though, so you'd do well to check that out if you need more info.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Also, it's tougher for the Authority because they actually kill their villians. Thus, there's few (if any) recurring threats....no one to accurately gauge power levels and such.

Apart from Captain Atom... who Apollo effectively killed (or would have if it hadn't been for the whole"Void" shard that was inside him)

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6766/captainatomarmageddon8006ge6.th.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4585/captainatomarmageddon9005yb7.th.jpg http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7894/captainatomarmageddon9006hl7.th.jpg
_________

Now I haven't read a lot of Captain Atom's appearances, but I know that he has beaten Hal Jordan and thrown down with Superman

EDIT: Oh... and he beat Majestic in that same series:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6715/captainatomarmageddon01pg16ue3.th.jpg http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1790/captainatomarmageddon01pg19of3.th.jpg http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7243/captainatomarmageddon01pg20rm4.th.jpg http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1131/captainatomarmageddon01pg21ax4.th.jpg

DigiMark007
I really have to pick up that arc, since I'm kinda an Authority complete-ist when it comes to collecting.

What was it called?

Scoobless
Captain Atom: Armageddon ... It's only 9 issues long

Blair Wind
I have to say I loved the art....

Scoobless
Me too.... everthing except that one pic where Majestic first attacks Atom... it just doesn't seem right to me

R.O.T. Yahman
Me too.... everthing except that one pic where Majestic first attacks Atom... it just doesn't seem right to me

Indeed .... a waste of a good fight.
I think everyone should keep their eye on Captain atom, he's basically the Silver Surfer without a board. I also think the 'Ethics' of the Wildstorm universe have had a profound effect on C.A. I didn't read the 'Battle for Budhaven' but apprently he had few qualms with 'Nuking' an entire city. Such diseregard for the sancity of life, is hardly going to sit well with the big guns. IMO, he has the potential to beat all of them. He has the strength of Supes, and hes capable of high level Radioactive man stuff. Watch this Space .... eek!

Scoobless
Yeah, I really enjoyed that last series... I'd never really paid the guy much attention before.... except for the time he fought Superman in JLU

R.O.T. Yahman
Yeah, I really enjoyed that last series... I'd never really paid the guy much attention before.... except for the time he fought Superman in JLU

Apparently that fight was amazing, I didn't watch it as i though it would be a walk over for Supes. Apparently not. big grin

According to the Wiki page, his power derive from his metal alloy skin (A metal similar to the Thanagarian one), which can tap into Zero point energy. This is the energy that most scientist think will eventually power space craft, as its is found in the vacuum of space (Therefore you don't need to carry it with you). I've heard a single cup of tea contains enough Zero point energy to boil all the earths oceans away. So Captain Atom potentially has an infinite power source at his disposal.

Scoobless
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Apparently that fight was amazing, I didn't watch it as i though it would be a walk over for Supes. Apparently not. big grin

Here's the whole fight scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4DKfQuoJGw

Scoobless
whistling

batdude123
Apart from Captain Atom... who Apollo effectively killed (or would have if it hadn't been for the whole"Void" shard that was inside him)

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4585/captainatomarmageddon9005yb7.th.jpg http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7894/captainatomarmageddon9006hl7.th.jpg
_________

Now I haven't read a lot of Captain Atom's appearances, but I know that he has beaten Hal Jordan and thrown down with Superman

EDIT: Oh... and he beat Majestic in that same series:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6715/captainatomarmageddon01pg16ue3.th.jpg http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1790/captainatomarmageddon01pg19of3.th.jpg http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7243/captainatomarmageddon01pg20rm4.th.jpg http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1131/captainatomarmageddon01pg21ax4.th.jpg

Hmm, let's see...

The first scan was actually a tag team up of the Midnighter and Apollo against Cap Atom. Apollo actually cheap-shotted him to get to that point. Not to mention the fact while Apollo was punching Atom, he was just sitting there and analyzing him. No damage was really done to him. Then, when he took Nathaniel next to the sun, Apollo ended up almost dying because of the nuclear reactions Captain Atom sped up inside him. smile

Second two scans... just before that, Captain Atom was blasted by Nikola, Quantum leaped into the future, he battled Angie and transmutated her, then battled Apollo and Midnighter while speeding up the nuclear reactions inside his body... yeah, he was majorly fatigued at the time. Not exactly a notable feat for Apollo. smile

DigiMark007
Here's the whole fight scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4DKfQuoJGw

JLU's sweet, but I hate that Supes always has to win. He punked Billy too...and both Cpt. Atom and Cpt. Marvel have access to his 2 weaknesses, magic and red sun. They should win. erm

batdude123
JLU's sweet, but I hate that Supes always has to win. He punked Billy too...and both Cpt. Atom and Cpt. Marvel have access to his 2 weaknesses, magic and red sun. They should win. erm

Don't you EVER say that Billy should beat Supes when I'm around. mad stick out tongue big grin

DigiMark007
Originally posted by batdude123
Don't you EVER say that Billy should beat Supes when I'm around. mad stick out tongue big grin

I'm sorry, but I'm of the mind that if you create "weaknesses" for a character, they should actually be weaknesses. The number of times the walking-PIS-machine (Supes) has simply ignored the effects of magic and/or red-sun energy is sickening.

The Thor crossover is a great example.

That, more than anything, is why I can't like him. Making him unstoppable in a normal brawl is fine by me. But not when he's confronted with one of his weaknesses.

Scoobless
while Apollo was punching Atom, he was just sitting there and analyzing him.

No, he was lying there desperately trying to come up with a way of not being pummeled to death... it's pretty clear:

batdude123
I'm sorry, but I'm of the mind that if you create "weaknesses" for a character, they should actually be weaknesses. The number of times the walking-PIS-machine (Supes) has simply ignored the effects of magic and/or red-sun energy is sickening.

The Thor crossover is a great example.

That, more than anything, is why I can't like him. Making him unstoppable in a normal brawl is fine by me. But not when he's confronted with one of his weaknesses.

It's not exactly a weakness, persay. He's actually more durable to it than most characters are. Nobody is invulnerable or immune to magic, because that's what it is.... MAGIC. Magic is the great equilizer because it isn't based on anything, while science is proven by experiments, theories, and laws. Those can't be broken unless there is an outside influence. Magic can do anything. However, it's been proved that Superman can will himself through magical effects before, so POOP. no expression And also....... Superman is faster and more versatile. whistle

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Skeets

Only Professor Hulk starts off that low - most other incarnations start off base strength 100+

batdude123
No, he was lying there desperately trying to come up with a way of not being pummeled to death... it's pretty clear:

Um, nope. Atom stated in the next panel that it would take hours of pummeling him for Apollo to kill Nathaniel. You also missed the part of Apollo cheap-shotting him to get to that exact spot. He was fighting off Midnighter and Apollo. Right after that, Nathaniel almost killed Apollo.

DigiMark007
It's not exactly a weakness, persay. He's actually more durable to it than most characters are. Nobody is invulnerable or immune to magic, because that's what it is.... MAGIC. Magic is the great equilizer because it isn't based on anything, while science is proven by experiments, theories, and laws. Those can't be broken unless there is an outside influence. Magic can do anything. However, it's been proved that Superman can will himself through magical effects before, so POOP. no expression And also....... Superman is faster and more versatile. whistle

So POOP?!? Gotta love debating like that. laughing out loud

Meh, it's supposed to be a specific weakness for Supes though, and has been stated as such many times. "Willing himself through it" is just DC code for bad writing. But I guess it's Superman, so 'Super-Will' is probably a new power. roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
Meh, it's supposed to be a specific weakness for Supes though, and has been stated as such many times. "Willing himself through it" is j

Scoobless
Um, nope. Atom stated in the next panel that it would take hours of pummeling him for Apollo to kill Nathaniel.

Yeah, he said that purely to trick Apollo into going to the sun where, again, Atom was in danger of being killed if his one shot trick didn't work in time

You also missed the part of Apollo cheap-shotting him to get to that exact spot. He was fighting off Midnighter and Apollo. Right after that, Nathaniel almost killed Apollo.

It's not a cheap shot when both your opponents anounce their presence then you stupidly stop paying attention to one of them

Here's the scene:

Apollo and Midnighter make no attempt to sneak up on anyone:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1036/captainatomarmageddon8004po1.th.jpg

Midnighter even gives a verbal warning of what's about to happen:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3506/captainatomarmageddon8005ta1.th.jpg

Atom can't even defend himself when Apollo starts laying into him so he is desperately looking for a way out of it:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1654/captainatomarmageddon8006md0.th.jpg

He insults him and tricks him into taking him to the sun (which is the only way he could think of to beat him)

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/911/captainatomarmageddon8007yo3.th.jpg

He uses his powers to... well ... just read what it says in the scan

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5814/captainatomarmageddon8008mh3.th.jpg

Apollo recovers from that fairly quickly and isn't even remotely fazed by Atom's blasts when he gets back up:

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/176/captainatomarmageddon8021sa4.th.jpg

It's all very clear!

batdude123
So POOP?!? Gotta love debating like that. laughing out loud

Meh, it's supposed to be a specific weakness for Supes though, and has been stated as such many times. "Willing himself through it" is just DC code for bad writing. But I guess it's Superman, so 'Super-Will' is probably a new power. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hey, I do what I can. wink

Anyway, it's been established that Superman keeps his powers in reserve majorly most of the time. Also, his powers are based on will, in which he has an almost infinite amount of. Hey, don't look at me wierd, Avy has the scan. stick out tongue

Juntai
Hey, I do what I can. wink

Anyway, it's been established that Superman keeps his powers in reserve majorly most of the time. Also, his powers are based on will, in which he has an almost infinite amount of. Hey, don't look at me wierd, Avy has the scan. stick out tongue It doesn't even require a specific scan though. It's been noted that Supes holds back and has infinite will THOUSANDS of times.

Scoobless
I wonder if anyone realises that I originally started this thread on Wonderman's side.... and I'm yet to be convinced that Apollo could beat him.

no expression

stick out tongue

batdude123
Yeah, he said that purely to trick Apollo into going to the sun where, again, Atom was in danger of being killed if his one shot trick didn't work in time

It's not a cheap shot when both your opponents anounce their presence then you stupidly stop paying attention to one of them

Here's the scene:

Apollo and Midnighter make no attempt to sneak up on anyone:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1036/captainatomarmageddon8004po1.th.jpg

Midnighter even gives a verbal warning of what's about to happen:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3506/captainatomarmageddon8005ta1.th.jpg

Atom can't even defend himself when Apollo starts laying into him so he is desperately looking for a way out of it:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1654/captainatomarmageddon8006md0.th.jpg

He insults him and tricks him into taking him to the sun (which is the only way he could think of to beat him)

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/911/captainatomarmageddon8007yo3.th.jpg

He uses his powers to... well ... just read what it says in the scan

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5814/captainatomarmageddon8008mh3.th.jpg

Apollo recovers from that fairly quickly and isn't even remotely fazed by Atom's blasts when he gets back up:

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/176/captainatomarmageddon8021sa4.th.jpg

It's all very clear!

Apparently, what happened before all that doesn't seem to interest you at all!

He was blasted by Nikola, Quantum lept, and fought off Angie before that happened. He had Midnighter, then Apollo saw his advantage and socked him in the mouth which was all he needed. Yeah, Apollo gave him a few good licks. However, don't you think that was kind of PIS'ish the way that happened? He couldn't have just blasted Apollo off of him the way he did to Majestic? roll eyes (sarcastic) Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. He OUTSMARTED Apollo by taking him to the sun. He saw a weakness and took the initiative to use that advantage. Btw, he nearly killed Apollo, and then Atom says and I quote:

"There's only one way for him to save himself now... I can't hear him, out here in space, but I know what he's saying... He's saying 'door.'"

Then he fights Midnighter and Apollo off at the same time, but then realizes what he needed to do... and he stopped fighting and gave in. Not exactly worth mentioning as I said.

Scoobless
Hmmmm....... nah.... I'm sticking with my interpretation.... since you're wrong ... stick out tongue

Three mini fightgs against Apollo and not once could he hurt him using only his own powers

And the PISish thing... it was PIS that he beat Majestic in the first place

leonidas
hmm, why did they need to go to the sun? if atom could control the solar energy inside apollo and speed it up, why not just do it on earth? he didn't have enough stored in him already? why not just take it right out of him?

i have no idea if apollo could beat wonderman, but the atom fight seemed kinda . . . lame. erm

batdude123
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, why did they need to go to the sun? if atom could control the solar energy inside apollo and speed it up, why not just do it on earth? he didn't have enough stored in him already? why not just take it right out of him?

i have no idea if apollo could beat wonderman, but the atom fight seemed kinda . . . lame. erm

It was lame. Atom should've ripped him limb from limb. stick out tongue

UniOmni
Majestic should've beaten Atom. But, iirc he was dying anyway, so thats not a bad showing.

DigiMark007
I wonder if anyone realises that I originally started this thread on Wonderman's side.... and I'm yet to be convinced that Apollo could beat him.

no expression

stick out tongue

Yeah, no one cares about Wonderman. The Atom controversy is much more interesting. stick out tongue

Lucid Lui
I... I care about Wonder Man...

He never returns my calls though... cry

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by leonidas

Yeah the whole things seems very confusing as Majestic is quite a bit stronger than Apollo, where as Captain Atom is seen defeating Majestic quite easilly. I think the general consensus from D.C. is that Captain Atom is atleast as powerful as Supes, but not quite as Durable. I think we are going to find out soon enough wink . I really don't associate Wonderman on these guys, level of power. I've seen him struggling to lift Skyskrapers and fail to overpower 50,000 ton press. I've seen him being taken out by Ultron robots, and Kang was going to have him executed with firearms . I've still to see any scans of him lifting the entire Avengers Hydrobase ? Apollo is too much for him, as is Captain Atom.

Fanboy

Yeah but does it matter I mean Superman has had more experience more then both of those heroes with bigger powerful things and not only that these heroes always hold back during fighting and never use full force at certain times.

Silent Master
1.He didn't fail to stop the press,plus that was multiple powerups ago
2.He has defeated Ultrons before, in fact in Ultron unlimited he was beating 7 of them at the same time, it took an 8th Ultron(that was about 30 feet tall)showing up and then all of them beating on him and hitting him with 7 encephalo beams just to ko him
3.Correction, Kang tried, according to Wonderman himself, his ionic powers protected him from the blast
4. As for supporting part of the Island with the hydrobase(and a mountain), IIRC it's Avengers#307

DigiMark007
I think it's a bit of a fallacy that Majestic is a lot stronger than Apollo.

Seriously.

His main high end feat is moving planets around, but he was wearing special gauntlets or somesuch that enhanced his strength a lot. And beyond that, I haven't seen him do a ton of things (strength-wise) that Apollo couldn't do.

I think the fights with Cpt. Atom, combined with the fact that Majestic hasn't been shown to be anywhere above Superman (in their crossovers) is further proof of this.

Accel
I think it's a bit of a fallacy that Majestic is a lot stronger than Apollo.

Seriously.

His main high end feat is moving planets around, but he was wearing special gauntlets or somesuch that enhanced his strength a lot. And beyond that, I haven't seen him do a ton of things (strength-wise) that Apollo couldn't do.

I think the fights with Cpt. Atom, combined with the fact that Majestic hasn't been shown to be anywhere above Superman (in their crossovers) is further proof of this.
The gauntlets were designed to keep any thing he moved from falling apart, not really enhance his strength. And Maj was suffering from some kind of illness when he fought Atom.

guy222
apollo

Silent Master
Apollo got a massive upgrade?

srankmissingnin
Wonderman pops Apollo like a ripe zit. cool

Digi
Apollo got a massive upgrade?

No, he got a reboot. He's essentially feat-less.

He's always been underrated on the forums though.

quanchi112
Apollo wins.

srankmissingnin
Apollo lacks the strength, speed and most importantly stamina to contend with Wonderman for any serious length of time. His energy levels drop too quickly, and he can't finish Wonderman before that becomes a problem.

Plus Wonderman dropped Thor for several panels with a single gut shot, and this fight would last about twelve seconds, ending the first time Simon connected with an attack.

Stoic
I have to see more of Apollo, but for now I'm leaning towards him winning this.

6-7/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.