One for all the guitarists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eggmayo
Has anyone noticed that a lot of guitar tab sites have removed their tabs?

Taborama.com - "Tabs and lyrics for signed bands have been removed while we investigate possible copyright infringement. Please refer to the forum topic HERE to learn more and voice your opinion on the matter."

"The music industry is to extend its copyright war by taking legal action against websites offering unlicensed song scores and lyrics.

The Music Publishers' Association (MPA), which represents US sheet music companies, will launch its first campaign against such sites in 2006.

MPA president Lauren Keiser said he wanted site owners to be jailed.

He said unlicensed guitar tabs and song scores were widely available on the Internet but were "completely illegal".

Mr Keiser said he did not just want to shut websites and impose fines, saying if authorities can "throw in some jail time I think we'll be a little more effective"."

Taborama Forum link

BBC News Report on this

Anyone now think all music in the future will be either purchased at extortionate record company prices, or entirely illegal?
Gig's might be illegal as the bands are breaking their OWN copyright..

SnakeEyes
This is preposterous! Man... I'm pissed...

Darth Jello
The entire industry is run by a bunch of greedy old farts who peddle drugs to their own artists in order to keep them subserviant and knowing that a dead artist is more profitable than a live one.

Darth Revan
That's ridiculous. Next they're going to ban music entirely because if we were able to listen to it, we might be able to figure out how to play it. no expression

eggmayo
I think lyrics sites are gonna be next to go. Anyone joining me in totally boycotting tab books and just illegally downloading tabbing software?

-hh-
Originally posted by Darth Revan
That's ridiculous. Next they're going to ban music entirely because if we were able to listen to it, we might be able to figure out how to play it. no expression laughing

RedAlertv2
Thats just ridiculous

amity75
This is unbelievable. I spend my entire lunchbreaks at work downloading and printing off tabs. Then getting bored 5 mins after trying to learn it when I get home.

VoodooChile89
What a selfish prick!!! half the time, with tabs, people find them out for themselves and post what THEY THINK it might be... if anything, they should be getting paid... illegal tabs have helped me in so many ways! thumb up big grin zorro

Bad Boy
Illegal tabs???? WTF, this is the most pathetic thing I've heard and potentially damaging for young guitarists.

If ever browsed a website and seen one of my bands tabs on there I'd be like whoaaaa amazing!!! People want to learn my song!!! Hopefully artists will back the websites!

Darth Jello
one little reminder. Number of actual court cases the RIAA has won to date:0

They are an illegal cartel and should be disbanded. It's members should all be jailed for extorsion, price fixing, embezzlement, drug trafficking, bribery, and conspiracy to commit murder.

Darth Jello
same with Keiser's MPA and the MPAA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.