QTs scene in Sin City

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tabby999
which scene did Tarantino direct? my two guesses were the death of the cop and his buddys in the allyway in Old Town or Bruce Willis shooting Rorkes sons arm off and blowing his nuts off.

Myth
I believe it was the scene with the asian girl with the samurai sword.

tabby999
as a side note, those swords are from Kill Bill, tarantino didn't realise they'd been borrowed till he went to direct the scene

Impediment
Tarantino directed the car ride sequence when Dwight is hauling the bodies of Jackie Boy and his troops to the pits, during which Dwight has a "conversation" with Jackie Boy up until the officer oulls the car over. Thats all. Nothing really "signature" about QT's scene, he just wanted to try his skills at directing a short digital movie scene.

Nevermind
Originally posted by Impediment
Tarantino directed the car ride sequence when Dwight is hauling the bodies of Jackie Boy and his troops to the pits, during which Dwight has a "conversation" with Jackie Boy up until the officer oulls the car over. Thats all. Nothing really "signature" about QT's scene, he just wanted to try his skills at directing a short digital movie scene.

yes That's the one. You're right, there wasn't anything signature about the scene, which is why I didn't guess it. Being a QT fan for a while I thought I could pick it out, but it looks like the rest of the film to me.

lovebuzz
with the notable difference that its the only scene in the film in which the character externalises his thoughts, first through jackie boy and then through speaking out loud. all the other scenes the main character has an inner monologue but in this one, he speaks up! good stuff QT.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.