I need help with Sims 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ballister
I installed Sims 2 a while ago on my Dad's PC, and it worked fine. I got a new PC for myself, and tried to install it, but there was an error. I did a virus-scan, looked at the error report, and made sure there were no scratches on the disk. My system is MIcrosoft XP, just so you know. Does anybody know any possibilities for what's wrong with the installation process?

The Ones
what was the error?

Ballister
That's just it, it didn't say anything about what the error is.

Koala MeatPie
Install it again, take a screenshot of when the error occurs, Post it here.

We can't help you unless we actually get description of the error.

like what Stops installing? Crashes during intsalation? Installed but doesn't run? something something missing in pack something . dll?

Ballister
It stops installing. I can't take a screenshot because the Sims 2 problem is on MY computer, and the only computer with inter net is MY DAD's computer, so I can't take a screenshot.

Koala MeatPie
It justs tops installing? Okay, install it, leave it installing overnight, sometimes it just takes patience.

Ballister
Ok, I'll try. Thanks.

Hit_and_Miss
I think you might find that the problem is your not connected to the net... you might need to update alot of your hardwear softwere

Ballister
Damn, I need internet connection? No wonder....

Lana
You don't need a net connection to play Sims 2...

Koala MeatPie
Damned, I figured it out as soon as I placed my head on the pillow... I totally forgot... GAH.

If there are any options, such as "install this, but not this" Install everything.

eggmayo
Or it might actually need registering online?
Piracy check, etc.

T.M
System Requirements..

does your PC meet them?

Koala MeatPie
Also check if you haev Enough hard Drive Space left, That might also be it.

System Requirments usually are for playing the game, installation suually doesn't do anything to it.

(RAM, processor speed etc etc)

T.M
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Also check if you haev Enough hard Drive Space left, That might also be it.

System Requirments usually are for playing the game, installation suually doesn't do anything to it.

(RAM, processor speed etc etc)

Hard drive space is a system requirement.

At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space for this game

Hit_and_Miss
really that much!!!! reminds me of the old xfiles game! needed about 4gb just to install!!!

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
really that much!!!! reminds me of the old xfiles game! needed about 4gb just to install!!!

My godfather gave that to me, Never touched it, it's sitting right behind me on a white shelf.

T.M

Pominator
when i put my sims 2 disc 1 in it doesnt even start installation, i have all the equipment/drivers and when I am waiting for the installation box to come up, an empty error box appears, it just contains a red circle with an X in it, I have searched everywhere but I can't find any info about this problem

Koala MeatPie
Go into "Work Place" or whatever the home folder is that contains all drives...

Double click on the CD, or Right click==> Open and find the Setup.exe

Pominator
didnt work:-(

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.