a lil help here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Clavis
hey dudes, dudettes,

sorry for interfering in you intelectual posting but I was just wondering if maybe one of you could help me out on a subject for my new paper, its supposed to be an opinionated speech and I ran out of inspiration.

so pur-lease help me out pur-lease pur-lease pur-lease!

thankee kindly confused

Syren
Opinionated?

Ok, what are your opinions? What do you feel strongly about? Think of something that makes you feel either enraged, or passionately involved...

DrDoom101
speech about what? what's the topic?

grey fox
What's the topic clavis......

a1hsauce
opinion about what....do you want me to sign your name and double space it too stick out tongue

no seriously whats the topic?

Victor Von Doom
Why do people keep asking what the topic is- read her post. That's why she's asking for help.

a1hsauce
yes, i read it..its an opinion paper...about what? opinion about what she read in class that day, open opinion about life. if its just a plain opinion paper, follow Lil B's advice

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by a1hsauce
yes, i read it..its an opinion paper...about what? opinion about what she read in class that day, open opinion about life. if its just a plain opinion paper, follow Lil B's advice

She's asking for help choosing a subject. The best advice was given in the subsequent post, unless anyone is going to volunteer a subject (which to me seems a bit pointless).

silver_tears
Gay marriage, abuse in the church, plastic surgery, photo shop models, poverty in Africa.

If it's an open topic paper, you're extremely lucky.

KharmaDog
I hate these posts where people are asking help with their schoolwork. Isntead of spending time here, perhaps you could do your own work instead of asking for help from people who don't know you, and who might not know enough to give you sound advice.

What's worse is she's asking for a suggestion on a paper that's supposed to respert HER opinion. no expression

DrDoom101
Originally posted by KharmaDog
I hate these posts where people are asking help with their schoolwork. Isntead of spending time here, perhaps you could do your own work instead of asking for help from people who don't know you, and who might not know enough to give you sound advice.

What's worse is she's asking for a suggestion on a paper that's supposed to respert HER opinion. no expression

laughing i had to laugh when i read that last sentence. Sorry, i laugh at everything

Bardock42
I like Swedish Fish.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by DrDoom101
laughing i had to laugh when i read that last sentence. Sorry, i laugh at everything

Ya, missed that, suposed to be represent, not 'respert ". My bad.

Victor Von Doom
Ya, missed that, suposed to be represent, not 'respert ". My bad.

I reckon he was just appreciating the irony.

BackFire
Pick abortion, everyone has an opinion on that.

Bardock42
Originally posted by BackFire
Pick abortion, everyone has an opinion on that.

I don't. I genetically engineered myself not to have an opinion on abortion.

Syren
Either way, she's asked for help now, so are we going to help her? I wasn't planning on writing it for her, which is why I suggested she write about something she's passionate about. And Tears is right, if she's got an open subject paper she's very lucky. Especially considering it's an open subject, opinionated paper.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Syren
Either way, she's asked for help now, so are we going to help her?

No, at least I'm not. Let her do her work for herself. This is not like trying to help a child understand arithmetic. This is helping someone (who should be mature enough to do it on their own) write a paper (or even give her an idea) about a topic and then give her own opinion about it.

Bardock42
Write aboot KharmaDog.

PVS
i have an idea for a topic:

how the internet contributes to complacency and outright dysfunction in the learning process.

Bardock42
Write aboot PVS.

Syren
laughing out loud

Well, I'm willing to help.

Clavis

Dude, first of all don't talk about me as if I'm not there...

second of all, yes it is my opinion but I need a SUBJECT that I can write my opinion on.. don't you f-ing understand that mister?

and yes, maybe it is sad to ask people like YOU advice but I was kind of hoping that with this post I would actually atract people who actually like helping me, so if you don't want to help me then stay the hell out of here because obviously you are irritated by this post.
I say soi big grin

and FYI Karma DOG or whatever your name is, you try writing something in Dutch, it's not like it's easy. no expression

and thank you for the abortion one, but this is for my finals so its got to be something spectacular and all of you thank you for helping me out or at least wanted to help me out without bashing this thread for no reason whatsoever. big grin

Syren
Like I said before, what are you passionate about? How about you use this experience? Vent your frustration and share your opinion on overly opinionated people...

Clavis
well yes, maybe I should give that dog an award for letting me figure out what I feel passionate about then thanks for that syren big grin

I was thinking of : I don't believe in fate and or maybe adoption with homoseksual couples

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Clavis
Dude, first of all don't talk about me as if I'm not there...

Does that really make a difference in a forum? Apparently you weren't there because it took a while to respond.

second of all, yes it is my opinion but I need a SUBJECT that I can write my opinion on.. don't you f-ing understand that mister?

That's still lazy. You can't figure a subject on your own like the millions of students who went to school before you? You can't peruse the internet, look at newspapers, watch the news or just look at anything in the world which would inspire an opinon? Rather than put any thought into it you'd rather ask complete strangers for a subject to develope an opinon on? Chances are that the opinon that you'd express would also be influenced by others who posted regarding the subject thereby negating the fact that it is your opinon at all.

and yes, maybe it is sad to ask people like YOU advice but I was kind of hoping that with this post I would actually atract people who actually like helping me, so if you don't want to help me then stay the hell out of here because obviously you are irritated by this post.
I say soi big grin

Irritated by the post, and the intention and motives behind it. Therefore I gave my opinon about it, an opinon that I developed on my own without anyone's help.

Clavis
well good for you let's all give kharmadog a warm hand

actually I've come to know lots of people on this forum so no they are not complete strangers for me, maybe it's just you that has no life and browses this page because in real life you are vapour to most people but no, that is not me. Maybe it is lazy but as I said, I just asked peoples opinions on subjects for papers not for your opinion on the whole thing, dude thats just sad go and annoy other people with your posts, I'm asking for help since I have browsed the internet and didn't really find anything that pleased me. I was hoping to get a serious answer from serious people but all you can do is bash people with your nasty comments, I'm giving you the choice to respond, you don't have to respond.

and maybe there were people who did this on their own with books and stuff, but I'm going to Ace this Dutch test that is why I need a wide selection of subjects I don't want some shitty remark from some shitty sad "Dog" as you call yourself.

PVS
DOG!!! LOLZ!!!!111111

KharmaDog
well good for you let's all give kharmadog a warm hand

actually I've come to know lots of people on this forum so no they are not complete strangers for me, maybe it's just you that has no life and browses this page because in real life you are vapour to most people but no, that is not me. Maybe it is lazy but as I said, I just asked peoples opinions on subjects for papers not for your opinion on the whole thing, dude thats just sad go and annoy other people with your posts, I'm asking for help since I have browsed the internet and didn't really find anything that pleased me. I was hoping to get a serious answer from serious people but all you can do is bash people with your nasty comments, I'm giving you the choice to respond, you don't have to respond.

and maybe there were people who did this on their own with books and stuff, but I'm going to Ace this Dutch test that is why I need a wide selection of subjects I don't want some shitty remark from some shitty sad "Dog" as you call yourself.

Are you some little child that defends their lazy actions by throwing abuse because they have no real defense? I'm thinking so from what you have displayed, and no doubt will continue to.

You posted something on an open forum, I responded. You think that my answer is pathetic only because you don't like what I have to say. Grow up, and do your own work.

Clavis
and how old are you exactly?

dude, shut the hell up your just annoying people, or well, you can post all you want on an "open" forum but please go to the off-topic department because I think that you are to egocentric to post here because that is not the problem we were talking about in the first place... so whatever makes you happy dude, I give up because I can not put my personal opinion on you aside, if you would at least just step out of this thread I would really appreciate it.. thank you

Shakyamunison
I think this thread is just a sly way of insulting every one. laughing

Clavis
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I think this thread is just a sly way of insulting every one. laughing

yes u are right, as I was asking would you happen to know any subject I could write my paper on? something original?

PVS
Originally posted by PVS
i have an idea for a topic:

how the internet contributes to complacency and outright dysfunction in the learning process.

Clavis
thanks PVS I'll consider that, do you know any websites that tell us about wormholes, because I can't find anything on them, anything useful that is.. big grin not just you PVS just everyone in general

KharmaDog

Old enough. By 'exactly' are you talking down to the minute? That'd make me around 45,846,000 minutes old (or thereabouts).

dude, shut the hell up your just annoying people,

Actually it doesn't seem that I am annoying alot of people, and that shouldn't matter anyway. I find your request annoying, does that mean you should stop posting? And actually, although loosley, I am on topic. I find it to be an epidemic that highschool and university students (not all, but many) are getting increasingly lazy and their work is getting poorer by the year, and this thread helps support that line of thinking.

or well, you can post all you want on an "open" forum but please go to the off-topic department because I think that you are to egocentric to post here

Do you know the meaning of egocentric? How are you trying to apply it here? I am not making this thread about me, you are trying to make sure that this thread does not vere off in any direction that does not apply to you. That is egocentric.

I give up because I can not put my personal opinion on you aside

It seems that I may have unwittingly helped you. And you are aware that PVS was taking a dig at you also are you not?

Victor Von Doom
Old enough. By 'exactly' are you talking down to the minute? That'd make me around 45,846,000 minutes old (or thereabouts).

You're 87?!

NyC-gUrL
KharmaDog, please take your bashing elsewhere. She's merely asking for help. She didn't ask you, or anyone, to write the paper for her. The only thing she asked for was a possible topic, so BACK OFF no expression

NyC-gUrL
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
You're 87?!

laughing out loud

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
You're 87?!

Holy crap do my math skills suck!

Not close to 87, is that what that worked out to?

Originally posted byNyC-gUrL
KharmaDog, please take your bashing elsewhere. She's merely asking for help. She didn't ask you, or anyone, to write the paper for her. The only thing she asked for was a possible topic, so BACK OFF

Hold on here. Somebody posted on this forum a request to have people help them with their school work. It doesn't matter to what extent she wanted help, she asked for help with a simple task that a teacher requested HER to accomplish.

My response to this (which was on topic) was my dismay that this is a growing trend and suggested that she do her own work.

Clavis' hostile response was this

She felt compelled later to add

I responded, no flaming was in my posts, I addressed her comments

Here are Clavis' responses

I then called her a child, that is not bashing, that is how she was acting and told her that she should do her own schoolwork (which once again, is not bashing).

Clavis further replies:

So NyC-gUrL, if you actually read the thread, you'd see that I am not bashing anyone, and if anything I am being bashed. If you're a mod, you should know better, if you're not, you still should have figured it out.

GCG

Yeah man ;

Five Hundred Twenty Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes ... make a year!

Dont need to be good at maths ; if you watched RENT, you could have guessed.

Victor Von Doom

More or less.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by GCG
Yeah man ;

Five Hundred Twenty Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes ... make a year!

Dont need to be good at maths ; if you watched RENT, you could have guessed.

So I guess I'm closer to 18, 396,000 minutes old. Thanx for the heads up.

debbiejo
How about, why people have problems with randomness......It's anal.

PVS
and here comes lil miss random laughing out loud

stick out tongue

debbiejo
It's still a topic of great interest to some..........I just don't know why people have problems with extending a topic for more variety and stimulation beyond the boring subjects presented here sometimes..... whistle

PVS
and the random superficial nature of the topic offers the addition of irony. brilliant!

debbiejo
I feel it has a branching effect.......growth in other fields of thought...yes.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by debbiejo
It's still a topic of great interest to some..........I just don't know why people have problems with extending a topic for more variety and stimulation beyond the boring subjects presented here sometimes..... whistle

The problem isn't with "extending a topic", the problem lies with arbitrarily changing the topic to a completely different subject.

debbiejo
Maybe I'm bored........and the topic is soooooo boring......sorry....How long can a person talk about punctuation....Oh my god....hahahaha

God knows I do try....Ask Storm.

Victor Von Doom
Maybe I'm bored........and the topic is soooooo boring......sorry....How long can a person talk about punctuation....Oh my god....hahahaha

Ponder this.

You get bored with general discussion.

You like to post off-topic.

You see where this is going, don't you?

PVS
oops wrong thread

debbiejo
laughing out loud laughing out loud Why is it that I feel like a dog in heat when ever I post?...God you just gotta jump on me........

PVS
laughing out loud laughing out loud Why is it that I feel like a dog in heat when ever I post?...God you just gotta jump on me........

more like some leaves that blew in through the shop door.
get the broom stick out tongue

KharmaDog

That isn't near a good enough reason to subject us to your ramblings and rather intellectually clouded comments. If the topic is boring, and you have nothing really relevant to say regarding that topic, then start a new topic.

Way to derail another thread.

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
more like some leaves that blew in through the shop door.
get the broom stick out tongue

And sweep me away??......You'd never get another view outside the left brain hemisphere...You're life would not be complete.

See, this would be a great topic for a paper... yes

PVS
DJ, the OTF is your utopia. why do you continue to forsake it?

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
DJ, the OTF is your utopia. why do you continue to forsake it? I like it here... laughing out loud

KharmaDog
What debbie jo does has got to be akin to trolling. It has to be, she disrupts any thread she posts in.

When will the gods of banning dole out the proper penance?

debbiejo
What debbie jo does has got to be akin to trolling. It has to be, she disrupts any thread she posts in.

When will the gods of banning dole out the proper penance? I love you too...... stick out tongue......The poster said it needed help, so .............

This thread has no topic except for wanting one.

Snoopbert

dude, shut the hell up your just annoying people, or well, you can post all you want on an "open" forum but please go to the off-topic department because I think that you are to egocentric to post here because that is not the problem we were talking about in the first place... so whatever makes you happy dude, I give up because I can not put my personal opinion on you aside, if you would at least just step out of this thread I would really appreciate it.. thank you

Go to the OTF where you can stomp on people there.

Snoopbert
That isn't near a good enough reason to subject us to your ramblings and rather intellectually clouded comments. If the topic is boring, and you have nothing really relevant to say regarding that topic, then start a new topic.

Way to derail another thread. it was derailed a long time ago.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Snoopbert
it was derailed a long time ago. thumbsup

How very perceptive.

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I just love the way you guys get irate just because someone asked for help. You've really restored my faith in people thumb up

PVS
i would rather have faith in our system of education.
the rest should then take care of itself...but alas...

debbiejo
I think the education system should be revamped.

Syren
I think it should be sacked.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Syren
I think it should be sacked. I agree!

I feel it's evolved into rote learning and not real knowledge and a desire of interest and growth......Edison, and Albert Einstein both were homeschooled after the education system said they weren't capable of keeping up with the class.

debbiejo
Other famous Home schooled people

Abraham Lincoln
Alexander Graham Bell
Thomas Edison
Leonardo daVinci
Benjamin Franklin
Winston Churchill
Hans Christian Anderson
Agatha Christie
Charles Dickens
Mark Twain
The Hansons
Noel Coward
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Theodore Roosevelt
Albert Schweitzer
George Washington
Woodrow Wilson
George Washington Carver
Charlie Chaplin
Frank Vandiver(President Texas A&M University)
The Wright Brothers
Stonewall Jackson
Douglas Mac Arthur
Robert E. Lee
John Quincy Adams
Patrick Henry
William Penn
George Bernard Shaw
C.S. Lewis
Pearl Buck

Clavis
I agree no expression

Snoopbert
I heart intelligence.

Clavis
no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.