Bible

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redcaped
I want a movie trilogy of the testaments, from the beginning of time to present. The book Angels & Demons is been release but is a fictional tale. The division, the creation of man and so forth. I want to see what words say. rolling on floor laughing

AOR
We don't always get what we want for Christmas...

debbiejo
Originally posted by redcaped
I want a movie trilogy of the testaments, from the beginning of time to present. The book Angels & Demons is been release but is a fictional tale. The division, the creation of man and so forth. I want to see what words say. rolling on floor laughing

Well for the NT there's the parallels of Horus....Quite similar.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa5.htm

The birth, wise man, virgin, crucifixion, 2 thieves, resurrection

I AM
"I am Horus in glory...I am the Lord of Light...I am the victorious one...I am the heir of endless time...I, even I, am he that knoweth the paths of heaven." 12
"I am Horus, the Prince of Eternity."
"I am Horus who stepeth onward through eternity...Eternity and everlastingness is my name."
"I am the possessor of bread in Anu. I have bread in heaven with Ra."

I AM

"I am the light of the world....I am the way, the truth and the life."
"Before Abraham was, I am"
"Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, and today and forever."
"I am the living bread that came down from heaven."

(From the Gospel of John)

AOR
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well for the NT there's the parallels of Horus....Quite similar.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa5.htm

The birth, wise man, virgin, crucifixion, 2 thieves, resurrection

I AM
"I am Horus in glory...I am the Lord of Light...I am the victorious one...I am the heir of endless time...I, even I, am he that knoweth the paths of heaven." 12
"I am Horus, the Prince of Eternity."
"I am Horus who stepeth onward through eternity...Eternity and everlastingness is my name."
"I am the possessor of bread in Anu. I have bread in heaven with Ra."

I AM

"I am the light of the world....I am the way, the truth and the life."
"Before Abraham was, I am"
"Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, and today and forever."
"I am the living bread that came down from heaven."

(From the Gospel of John)

There is no evidence that Horus was born of a virgin, that he had twelve disciples, or that he was considered incarnation of God.

debbiejo
Are you sure?wink

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by redcaped
...I want to see what words say...

You can't see what words say. confused

debbiejo
blink It's a vibrational thingie.........you gotta feel it to believe it, and I've lost touch with the Literal part of the Bible..........

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
blink It's a vibrational thingie.........you gotta feel it to believe it, and I've lost touch with the Literal part of the Bible..........

From what I can tell, you have lost touch with more than that. laughing

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
From what I can tell, you have lost touch with more than that. laughing And you talk about that......Let play "spin the buddha"........ eek!

GhostDance
The bible is one thing and one thing only....Fiction. Plain and simple. A book. Thats it. Yet in the past have seen it as an excuse to go land grabing and persicuting other races. It is so full of holes and errors (these holes require faith to see apparently but I think its all just makey uppey.) that its no more believable than any other work of fiction on the shelves.

redcaped
Believe is my secret.

debbiejo
^belief in what?

redcaped
No, I mean as a verbal form "to believe". Let's say I have evidence. Please do not ask me, I can't explain. We all have the right to keep a secret.

redcaped
I mean to ask about "that", I welcome any other question.

debbiejo
Originally posted by GhostDance
The bible is one thing and one thing only....Fiction. Plain and simple. A book. Thats it. Yet in the past have seen it as an excuse to go land grabing and persicuting other races. It is so full of holes and errors (these holes require faith to see apparently but I think its all just makey uppey.) that its no more believable than any other work of fiction on the shelves. I feel you're correct.

debbiejo
Though to add again, there may or may not be some facts woven into it, such as some historical events.....who knows.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.