4 questions to those that smoke.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
I'm curious about 4 things. First of all how old were you when you started smoking and how old are you now, secondly how much do you smoke a day/week, third do you think you are hooked and lastly would you quit of you could?

PLEASE, to all the non smokers, WE KNOW it's bad for us etc etc. Please do not turn this thread into your personal soapbox for non smoking, we've heard it all ad nauseum. My questions are addressed to those that do.

My answers:

1. 14/44
2. pack a day
3. Yep
4. Definitely

Bardock42
I feel left out just cause I don't smoke. There are laws against that. It's smokcism or something.

Syren
That's 4 questions stick out tongue

1. 11/21
2. 20 a day.
3. I'm totally hooked.
4. If it were easy enough, of course.

Jedi Priestess
I know, I edited. embarrasment

Syren
laughing

Now I look stupid disgust

PVS
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I'm curious about 4 things. First of all how old were you when you started smoking and how old are you now, secondly how much do you smoke a day/week, third do you think you are hooked and lastly would you quit of you could?

My answers:

1. 17/31
2. 5-8 cigarettes a day
3. yes
4. i enjoy smoking...so ill just say i wish i had the ability to quit cold turkey at will

Syren
I agree, that's why I would quit if it were easy. I also enjoy smoking.

Jedi Priestess
Me too, but it is kicking my ass after 30 years. I wish they'd come up with a pill that would make you never want to again. And PVS, 5-8 smokes a day? I envy ya.

BackFire
There are supposed to be ways to quit.

My dad smoked for like 20 years or something, he stopped when he was like 35. He got this book that took him through what to expect through each day of not smoking. So he knew what to expect before it occured.

Anyways, he said that if you can go one full day without smoking, the rest is cake.

Victor Von Doom
It's willpower when it comes down to it.

As people have stated, they could quit, but they'd rather not because they view it as difficult.

PVS
Originally posted by BackFire
Anyways, he said that if you can go one full day without smoking, the rest is cake.

not true, unless you left out the word "shitty"

if you can go through one full shitty day without smoking the rest is..............possible

KidRock
Smoking is bad

Jedi Priestess
Wow made it a whole 8 posts down before someone couldn't be polite enough to follow a simple request to ignore the thread if you dont smoke.. Imagine that. We have have a thread about smoking already, might I suggest you take your admonishments there? And BF, Ive been there and done that, it wasnt that simple for me. Everyone is different.

Bardock42
Everyone is different.

That's very true, although I never heard of a smoker who actually said it was easy for them to stop (well except for liars but who listens to them anyways.)

Still. You are all smokcists.

Sir Whirlysplat
I started smoking around 12/13 and gave up at 24. It was hard to give up. I have not smoked in 14 years. You have to pick a time when you have no stress in your life. Either at work or in relationships. I am not sure I could stop now if I had failed to stop then.

I smoked 20 to 30 a day

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS
not true, unless you left out the word "shitty"

if you can go through one full shitty day without smoking the rest is..............possible

I believe he meant that it's easy by comparison, the first day was teh hardest, and if you can handle that then you can handle the rest.

PVS
Originally posted by BackFire
I believe he meant that it's easy by comparison, the first day was teh hardest, and if you can handle that then you can handle the rest.

from my own experience, i can easily quit on a good day. shit i can go weeks without smoking given concecutive good days. its the shitty days that put my willpower to the test....and thus i flunk messed

BackFire
Ah, that sucks man.

Guess everyone is different.

Impediment
-Started when I was about 15, I'm 25 now.
-I'm not a heavy smoker, one pack will last me about a week.
-Yep. I'm hooked.
-Of course I'd quit.

The interesting thing with me is, that I hardly smoke unless I drink. I am positive that I could quit smoking "cold turkey" right now if I wanted to. However the first drop of alcohol (Jack Daniels or Heineken) that splashes my tongue would trigger an ungodly craving for tobacco. When I drink, I smoke more. When I get off work I always have one Jack & Coke to take the edge off and, naturally, I have a smoke. I think that these tobacco douchebags put a chemical in their cigarattes that is activated by alcohol to make you want to smoke more.

Ladyluck
1. 12/17.
2. 4-7 a day.
3. Yes.
4. If it were easier, yes.

Lana
I've got a question....all of you that smoke/smoked, why did you start?

PVS
because i couldnt afford prozac

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Lana

Well because I was stupid is the obvious answer, but in detail, because all the kids where I worked at the time did and I felt weird not, which cirlces back to the stupid part. yes

Sir Whirlysplat
I thought it was tough

Lana
Well because I was stupid is the obvious answer, but in detail, because all the kids where I worked at the time did and I felt weird not, which cirlces back to the stupid part. yes

Good old peer pressure, hmmm? stick out tongue

Ladyluck
Probably the same reason why most people started. I was yound and stupid. I though I would be soo cool if I smoked, so my friends and I started then I got addicted and now I'm here.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Ladyluck
1. 12/17

12? jawdrop

Ladyluck
12? jawdrop
Yeah. erm

Jedi Priestess
Good old peer pressure, hmmm? stick out tongue

Well no one ever said I was smart. laughing out loud

So peeps, I forgot a Q. Brand you smoke most often?

for me it's Eve Ultra Menthol Lights 120's aka b!tch stix wink

Victor Von Doom
Can I ask a question that has always puzzled me?

What exactly is the difference between brands?

Better tasting smoke?

Ladyluck
Well no one ever said I was smart. laughing out loud

So peeps, I forgot a Q. Brand you smoke most often?

for me it's Eve Ultra Menthol Lights 120's aka b!tch stix wink

DuMaurier Regular.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Can I ask a question that has always puzzled me?

What exactly is the difference between brands?

Better tasting smoke?

I myself think it's what you get used to. I started on Menthol and regular ones always feel like they are burning a hole in my throat, as for specific brands, I think yeah it's a taste thing.

Darth_Erebus
Can an ex smoker answer this?

I was 13 when I started, 32 when I quit. I am currently 42.
I smoked 3 packs a day.
I was most definitly hooked.
I am living proof anyone can quit. I was by definition a very heavy smoker. In my catagory (more than 2 packs a day) 90% that stop go back to it in six months. Of the 10 percent that make it that far 90% of those go back to smoking in the following 6 months. That means that out of heavy smokers only 1% succussfully quit for more than a year. As of Dec 2 I have been smoke free for ten years.

So how did I do it? First of all, you really have to WANT to quit. Forget about reason other than you want to for yourself.
Tell yourself you are going to quit. If you say you are going to try then you have already failed. NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES can you "reward" yourself with a cigarette for "having done so good".

The first few days are the worst. I was climbing the walls for about 4 days. After that all the nicotine was out of my system and the withdrawls stopped. I knew I had it beat. After that it was all psychological. I got up in the morning I was used to having a smoke. I'd get in the car and start my engine I was used to lighting a smoke. I'd drink my coffee and I was used to having a smoke. Hell, I was so bad I'd even wake up in the middle of the night just to smoke.

Bottom line is, if you really want to, you CAN quit. The benifits are incredible. You can taste and smell a lot better. There's no longer looking for a smoking area anywhere so if you live in northern climates you don't have to go outside and freeze to satisfy your addiction.

And if you think you smoke because you enjoy it. What is really happening is your body is going through withdrawls and all you are doing by smoking is satisfying those withdrawls. Trust me, quit for a few months and see how much better you feel.
Oh quitting isn't without it's drawbacks. Ever since I quit I've gained about 30 lbs that won't seem to go away. Still, I think I got the better end of the deal.

Jedi Priestess
Congratulations. clap Did you hack violently the first week? Ive tried to quit and thats what happened to me, the Dr said it was me coughing up all that crap up out of my lungs but in the end I still failed.

Darth_Erebus
Congratulations. clap Did you hack violently the first week? Ive tried to quit and thats what happened to me, the Dr said it was me coughing up all that crap up out of my lungs but in the end I still failed.

For several weeks actually. Yes, it's all that tar in your lungs breaking up.

Sir Whirlysplat
Darth Erebus and JP you are both older than me yipeee smile

Jedi Priestess
yeah thanks for that Whirly. LOL

And see Darth I think that would kill me off. messed I know Im a whimp. weep

Impediment
I was, up until 2 years ago, a heavy smoker. I smoked like almost 2 packs a day. I've cut back a LOT.

Sir Whirlysplat
yeah thanks for that Whirly. LOL

And see Darth I think that would kill me off. messed I know Im a whimp. weep

I know smile

but not by much sad 39 in Jan sad

Jedi Priestess
45 in April.......almost 50 cry weep

Sir Whirlysplat
45 in April.......almost 50 cry weep

What are we doing on here........ laughing

Ken Kenobi
1. 13/21
2. About 7 cigs a day, sometimes less, sometimes up to a pack.
3. I wish I could say no, but yeah, I'm hooked.
4. I would totally quit, I've tried but failed. Even after a full 6 months without a cigarette I actually started again because of stress in life and a lack of will power. So BF, the first day was actually easy for me, it was the next few weeks that were hell.

And for Lana...Peer pressure, my dad smokes, my uncle, cousins, friends...I wanted to fit in. erm

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
What are we doing on here........ laughing

For the life of me, Ive no idea sometimes. laughing out loud

Ken what brand?

Ken Kenobi
For the life of me, Ive no idea sometimes. laughing out loud

Ken what brand?

The main brand is Marlboro Full Flavor 100's. I hate hate hate menthol cigarettes, I don't like smoking candy canes. stick out tongue Though I must say I will smoke them, and other brands if I have nothing else to smoke.

soleran30
Does dipping count?smile.......

1)20/23
2) up to 2 cans a day
3) I was hooked......it gave me a quick buzz
4) I quit, I got bored and did some horribly gross things I stopped after 1 night.......

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
because i couldnt afford prozac laughing out loud laughing out loud

I think this is true...

For many anyway.

Capt_Fantastic
I'm curious about 4 things. First of all how old were you when you started smoking and how old are you now, secondly how much do you smoke a day/week, third do you think you are hooked and lastly would you quit if you could?

PLEASE, to all the non smokers, WE KNOW it's bad for us etc etc. Please do not turn this thread into your personal soapbox for non smoking, we've heard it all ad nauseum. My questions are addressed to those that do.

My answers:

1. 14/44
2. pack a day
3. Yep
4. Definitely

17/26
pack a day
totally hooked, get quite moody when I don't smoke
I dunno, I enjoy it. But, I'll have to at some point. I have athesma

PINBALL
I dont see how smoking is enjoyable I dont know anybody who likes smokers the way cigarettes effects a person is just crazy and with all the comercials its weird how kids will still start smiking. Both of my grandmas died due to smoking and I will never smoke...

Darth Zannah
I use to smoke cause' it made me look cool cool

Bardock42
HAHAHAHAHAHA You three are OLD.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Bardock42
HAHAHAHAHAHA You three are OLD.

and wise confused smile

Bardock42
and wise confused smile

But not for long stick out tongue

Sir Whirlysplat
But not for long stick out tongue

smile

Bardock42
smile

smile

Capt_Fantastic
Death becomes you...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Death becomes you... It does? confused

Sir Whirlysplat
Death becomes you...

hopefully not for another forty years though at least.

Capt_Fantastic
It does? confused

Yes, you look very fetching in that casket.

hopefully not for another forty years though at least.

Just don't get fat,or the next fourty will suck, what with your bad knees.

Sir Whirlysplat
Yes, you look very fetching in that casket.

Just don't get fat,or the next fourty will suck, what with your bad knees.

I am training again now smile but I have to be careful and not go to mad. It's a long road back sadly.

botankus
1. 19/30
2. 6 cigarettes per day Monday - Friday, 1/2 pack on Saturdays and 1 pack on NFL Sundays.
3. Depends on what time of day it is. After work and first one of the day, yes. Before bed and after 5:00, no.
4. I have already planned on quitting soon, and it's not a New Year's resolution. Drastically cutting down to 6 per weekday has been successful over the past 2 months. Also, I've gone days at a time without a single one and for whoever said once you get past the first day it's cake, they are right in my case.

debbiejo
Well, we need some "New Years" resolutions, I think.

It's been compared to heroin....bad bad bad cigs..

botankus
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well, we need some "New Years" resolutions, I think.

Okay, since everybody thinks you love to go off-topic, I'll volunteer to reduce my daily intake by the number of threads you post in where you go off-topic.

debbiejo
OH, I guess nothing changes then.........go ahead, light one up now...haha

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by PINBALL
I dont see how smoking is enjoyable I dont know anybody who likes smokers the way cigarettes effects a person is just crazy and with all the comercials its weird how kids will still start smiking. Both of my grandmas died due to smoking and I will never smoke...

yes dear, thank you for your public service announcement and thank you for so blantly ignoring the part in red in the first post about NOT doing this very thing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

botankus
Originally posted by PINBALL
I dont know anybody who likes smokers

You know, JP, I don't know anyone who likes people who can't follow instructions.

PVS
yes dear, thank you for your public service announcement...roll eyes (sarcastic)

off topic yes...but now we know. and knowing is half the battle.

GI JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOE!!!!!!!!

Syren
laughing What a lovely variation of smokers yes

In answer to Lana's question, peer pressure. Actually believing I looked cool, that my young friends thought I was hard roll eyes (sarcastic) It's utterly, utterly ridiculous...

T.V.O.T.I.
22/22 (I started out of spite)
a pack a week
nope
I'd quit if my gf wanted me too (but I need one first haha)

Syren
wink Out of spite, though... I don't understand confused Spite against yourself? Because you're pretty much the main person you smoking is affecting.

debbiejo
People start of smoking for many reasons.........But, We're still human damn it!

T.V.O.T.I.
Originally posted by Syren
wink Out of spite, though... I don't understand confused Spite against yourself? Because you're pretty much the main person you smoking is affecting.
I was messed after Annie. You have no idea. no Anyways, that was another lifetime.

Syren
So it was out of spite towards whom?

T.V.O.T.I.
My ex. I did everything I could to hurt her emotionally. Well, we both did that. haha. Anyways, after months with no contact we are good friends now. I wish I hadn't started because the only person I hurt was myself in the end.

Syren
yes Glad you realise that... it's a shame you ended up addicted to something damaging because of it though erm

PVS
i started smoking so that one day i could post in this thread, and then some
bitter obsessive troll could take my post out of context and base a whole thread on it

it seems my 14 year plan has finally come to fruition evil face

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by PVS
i started smoking so that one day i could post in this thread, and then some obsessive troll could take my post out of context and base a whole thread on it

it seems my 14 year plan has finally come to fruition evil face

Damn that's clever roll eyes (sarcastic)

T.V.O.T.I.
yes Glad you realise that... it's a shame you ended up addicted to something damaging because of it though erm
Tell me I cant quit and I bet you I will. Actually tell me I can't so I can prove you wrong. I could use the motivation.

PVS
Originally posted by T.V.O.T.I.
Tell me I cant quit and I bet you I will. Actually tell me I can't so I can prove you wrong. I could use the motivation.

YOU. WILL. NOT. QUIT!!!!

YOU ARE WORTHLESS AND WEAK!!!!!!!!!!

NOW GO SUCK ON ANOTHER CANCER STICK CHILD!!!

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO. WEAK!!!! YOU'RE WEAK!!! HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!

was that over the top? confused

Syren
Originally posted by T.V.O.T.I.

Well, as far as I am concerned, you can't. This is not a motivational post. I'm not doing you a favour... I just don't believe you can quit on a whim. Sorry erm

T.V.O.T.I.
Well, as far as I am concerned, you can't. This is not a motivational post. I'm not doing you a favour... I just don't believe you can quit on a whim. Sorry erm
We shall see. I havent had a cig in 10 and a half hours.

Kosta
16/19
Varries from a pack to two packs a week.
Yes.
Yes. I have before for about 5 months, then started again, God knows why.

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
YOU. WILL. NOT. QUIT!!!!

YOU ARE WORTHLESS AND WEAK!!!!!!!!!!

NOW GO SUCK ON ANOTHER CANCER STICK CHILD!!!

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO. WEAK!!!! YOU'RE WEAK!!! HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!

was that over the top? confused NO, I liked it.... eek!

You're gonna die, you're gonna die..............Look at what you're doing to everybody....don't you care?

Yeah, like that........

T.M

A.D. Skinner
My answers:

1. 13/33
2. 10 a day
3. Yes
4. In a heartbeat !!!

Jedi Priestess
OK Im going to ask nicely here, PLEASE to those of you well intentioned people, STOP with the posting about how bad smoking is. There IS a thread ON smoking where you can post that OK? I mean seriously, is it too much to ask to have a thread that concerns smoking without some well meaning person throwing their 2 cents into the ring? As I stated, EVERY ONE OF US THAT SMOKES ALREADY KNOWS ITS BAD FOR US. PLEASE stop with the lectures and advice already.

And best of luck TVOTI smile

Jedi Priestess
Wonder if he made it. huh

GCG

My answers:

1. 14/44
2. pack a day
3. Yep
4. Definitely

I quit about 3 months ago.

This is how i ferried before that.

1) 16-25
2) 10 to 20 a day
3) No
4) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Imperial_Samura
My experiences with smoking....

While overseas two years ago (19 years of age) I smoked one of those Hookah Pipe's (like the Caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland smoked), it seemed like a cultural thing to do... that's it, never before, never since. I do have a pipe (a very nice pipe) but I only chew on it, no smoking.

Wonderer
1. 20/24
2. 10-20 per day
3. I was psychologically addicted.
4. I quit about a week ago.

Smoking, or any other addiction for that matter, is something you practice when trying to run away from your state of mind. You can be addicted to anything in life, even ideas, thoughts, ego, fear, depression, objects, subjects, etc.. All such attachments to the illusionary substances in life, will keep you coming back for more suffering. When you become free from attachments (NOT retiring from life, but merely letting go of things and being able to enjoy things while they last; and not to desire them when they have passed on) is the key to happiness. Realise the emptiness of all things, the nothingness, have compassion and tranquility; live an honest life and you'll be enlightened.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Can you be addicted to Buddhism? Can you be addicted to realising the emptiness of all things? If the answer is 'yes', then can you give them up, too? Oh, and can you be addicted to giving-up things you are addicted to?

Wonderer
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Can you be addicted to Buddhism? Can you be addicted to realising the emptiness of all things? If the answer is 'yes', then can you give them up, too? Oh, and can you be addicted to giving-up things you are addicted to?

Yes, you can be addicted to Buddhism - and Buddha even warned against this - he said that his teaching should be used like a raft, so you only use it to "cross the river of suffereing", then leave it on the shore for others; only a fool would carry it with him after having achieved enlightenment.

Buddha taught the "middle way" - we must find the balance in our lives; that is not to be attached (addicted) or repulsed by anything, but to see things for what they really are. Does that help you?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
A little, but I'm still curious as to whether we could be addicted to finding balance in our lives? Also, could we be addicted to not being attached or repulsed by anything? What about 'seeing things for what they really are'; could we be addicted to that, too?

Wonderer
A little, but I'm still curious as to whether we could be addicted to finding balance in our lives? Also, could we be addicted to not being attached or repulsed by anything? What about 'seeing things for what they really are'; could we be addicted to that, too?

Yes, you can. But you needn't be addicted to anything. What are you trying to achieve with your questions? You can be addicted to anything. The key is not to be addicted to anything. It's easy, don't try to hard to do anything.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm trying to achieve enlightenment; aren't we all? I'm just worried that I might find not being addicted to anything quite addictive. Either way, I'll save my further questions for another time and place.

Wonderer
I'm trying to achieve enlightenment; aren't we all? I'm just worried that I might find not being addicted to anything quite addictive. Either way, I'll save my further questions for another time and place.

You'll find your peace when you get your mind right. Addiction is not necessary, in fact, it's illusion if you recognise it for what it is.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Wonderer
You'll find your peace when you get your mind right. Addiction is not necessary, in fact, it's illusion if you recognise it for what it is.

You're a Doctor are you? Chemical addiction is not real then? obviously you know more tham most Doctors and people who have studied Science do.

Wonderer
You're a Doctor are you? Chemical addiction is not real then? obviously you know more tham most Doctors and people who have studied Science do.

I talk from experience - I was addicted to smoking, alcohol and prescription medication - alprazolam. I'm only trying to help by telling you that if you focus your mind you can do anything.

Sir Whirlysplat
I smoked and gave up, it was hard.

You were able to overcome it with will, it doesn't change the fact you would have had testable physiological changes as you came off it.

Wonderer
I smoked and gave up, it was hard.

You were able to overcome it with will, it doesn't change the fact you would have had testable physiological changes as you came off it.

What's your point? As a Buddhist I know that the force of material things is illusion - addiction and many other diseases is a rope, not a snake. If you realise that, your life will change completely. smile

Sir Whirlysplat
What's your point? As a Buddhist I know that the force of material things is illusion - addiction and many other diseases is a rope, not a snake. If you realise that, your life will change completely. smile

I see so when I tell you its about how chemicals interact within the body, usually at receptor sites you'll stick to play with your rope. Thats fair enough just don't play with the snake to much a buddhist told me it makes you go blind.

Wonderer
I see so when I tell you its about how chemicals interact within the body, usually at receptor sites you'll stick to play with your rope. Thats fair enough just don't play with the snake to much a buddhist told me it makes you go blind.

So why are you fighting with a snake then?

Sir Whirlysplat
So why are you fighting with a snake then?

I'm not, only trying to save you from using your rope to hang yourself smile

PVS
so now every thread will be hijacked with budhism?

WTF!?!?!?

you're like an enlightened spelljammer.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by PVS
so now every thread will be hijacked with budhism?

WTF!?!?!?

you're like an enlightened spelljammer. another classic and another example of why I cannot put PVS on ignore some of his one liners are excellent Here's two of them.

debbiejo
1. 20/24
2. 10-20 per day
3. I was psychologically addicted.
4. I quit about a week ago.

GREAT....you quite a week ago..... big grin ...Just always think of yourself as a non-smoker....I have heard that visualising this helps.

PVS
he'll be smoking again in a week.
i hate when people cant shut up about quitting,
when all they really did was take a short break.

BobbyD
laughing

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by PVS
thread hijacked with budhism?

WTF!?!?!?

My thoughts exactly.

I dont CARE about that topic or Id post in those damn threads, in the meantime stay out of mine with that shiet.

Wonderer
Buddhism
Buddhism
Buddhism
Buddhism
Buddhism
Buddhism
Buddhism
Buddhism
Buddhism
Sorry, just had to.

Jedi Priestess
Reported
Reported
Reported
Reported
Reported
Reported
Reported
Reported
Reported

So did I yes Have a nice day!

Wonderer
smile
Thanks, same to you.

tabby999
18 - 19
pack every two/three days
hook line and sinker
hell yes, quit for 8 months, want to quit again. infact, i'm out, think i'll goto the store

Syren
My thoughts exactly.

I dont CARE about that topic or Id post in those damn threads, in the meantime stay out of mine with that shiet.

Ok, chill a little... conversations have a tendency to deviate from the core topic. But generally, they'll make their way back to the point. Just how strict are you, Miss? stick out tongue

PVS
not really syren. the guy is hijacking alot of threads with the same crap.
but alas, now WE have hijacked the thread, havent we?

Wonderer
I'm no hijacker. I just like to annoy people sometimes.

tabby999
Reported
Reported
Reported
Reported
Reported
Reported
Reported
Reported
Reported

So did I yes Have a nice day!

i think i love you wink

Wonderer
Love you too!

tabby999
your ok too

Wonderer
So, who else is trying to quit smoking at the moment? I'm on my 10th day!

Eis
1. 12/14
2. 5-8/wk (cigarretes, not packs)
3. Not really.
4. Not now.

BlackSunshine
1. 17/23
2. I used to smoke every 5 minutes..now I smoke nore more than 3 or 4 a day.
3. Yes
4. For my daughter YES I WOULD in a heartbeat

debbiejo

boxDon't give up.....

Ommmmmm Ommmmmmm

Out with the bad
In with the good

Out with the red
In with the blue..

smokin' <-------- No more of that!

DOOM2099
I quit smoking at age 31 after 16 years of smoking a pack+ a day.

I quit a million times. I even went 4 months one time. But I always picked it back up again.

I don't know what happened, but one day I just quit. Cold turkey, just like that. And you know what's funny?

It was easy. It really was. Because I was ready.

I wanted to quit. Don't ask me the differnce between all the other times and this one, but this one was the one that did it. I've been free for exactly one year and 1 day today. And I couldn't tell you how.

bogen
1.13/15
2.once and i stopped ( cold turkey! big grin )
3.got sick of it, and had a tough time during soccer training
4.easy cause iv'e got a strong will

Syren
Originally posted by PVS
not really syren. the guy is hijacking alot of threads with the same crap.
but alas, now WE have hijacked the thread, havent we?

yes Ok, agreed. And the hijacking was fun wink

By the way, my fella's quit. He hasn't smoked for 9 days {I think} and he made it through Christmas and Boxing Day without being tempted... I thought he might cave in but he's been really good about it. He has asthama and it's really gotten bad because of the smoking, so he just decided to quit. I didn't even notice for the first few days, until I offered him a cigarette and he was like, 'Kerry, I've quit... I stopped smoking 4 days ago!' embarrasment

Rave X
1: I smoked from 17/19 and started smoking again at age of 20
2: Depends. I have days I dont smoke more than 4 cigarettes, but mostly between 10 and 20 a day.
3: Yeah... but I think if I want to quit, really want to, I can.
4: Neh, not really. I'll wait with that untill I really dont want to anymore, otherwise its a waste of energy.

DOOM2099
Keep smokin chumps. *gets fatter*

Ciára-foxichik
11 - present age

5 a day

yep

i could

Ladyluck

I am. happy

I've gone 16 days but not feeling too strong...

§cooter

Paola
1. 11/26
2. 1 pack a day
3. yes
4. yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.