is luthor the WORST arch-enemy ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
hey gang,

ya kow, i can't help myself. when i think superman, i think lex luthor. but a case could certainly be made that luthor is nowhere near superman's arch-enemy. darkseid, maybe? doomsday?

so i want to hear some thoughts on luthor as a character. did you like him better when he wore the armor and was an actual physical match for superman? is he lame because he always requires a plot device to win? because all superman needs to do is breathe on him to kill him? does anyone actually LIKE luthor, or view him as a real threat?

let's talk lex! big grin

Piedmon

leonidas

DigiMark007
Wow. You come up with that yourself Pied? Either way, Helluva post.

long pig

leonidas
who invited you? stick out tongue

long pig
evil face
I go where the wind blows.

Zod is the best arch enemy of Superman.

I was RIGHT! evil face

leonidas
zod is a good one, and an oldy too. why don't we ever see so much of the other 2?

long pig
I'm not very sure. Probably because of how powerful Zod was, and the fact he could actually beat Superman......

The Ion
Eh. Superman beat Zod's ass last time they fought.

joesha28
Worst? I thot he's the baldiest of arch-enemies...

Fear the baldy!!

roughrider
I understand the opposites idea about Luthor, and as a kid I always accepted it, I suppose. But it's always kind of irksome to see a being with herald-level power having to spend time matching wits with an ordianry human. Darkseid, at his best, is always the character I like to see him against.

K Von Doom
it proves that brawn always beats brains

Superherovandal
yeah if they actually took Darkseid seriously he would be the best arch-enemy for Supes ever. He's got the brains, power, resources, and pure-evil

NoFate007

leonidas
though i like lex, i can't help but think that he has not been used to his fullest. how long has it been since anyone's read a great luthor/superman arc where lex posed a clear threat to superman?

anyone?

The Ion
Originally posted by leonidas
though i like lex, i can't help but think that he has not been used to his fullest. how long has it been since anyone's read a great luthor/superman arc where lex posed a clear threat to superman?

anyone?
Infinite Crisis #3 wink

leonidas
ahhhh . . . that is waiting for me in a box at my local comic shop! i hope you're right. it would be good to see lex in some real action. last time i think i read a good luthor arc was the ww3 arc in jla, but he was basically a monkey for meggadon most of that series. (though early on in that arc he WAS shown to be an ultimate mastermind . . .)

The Ion
It's a great issue. Double the Luthor's = Double the fun! eek!

leonidas
heheh. can't wait . . .droolio

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.