The Burning

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
What do you think of the 80's classic, The Burning?

I liked it and own the dvd. The raft scene is classic horror cinema, the chicks forehead that gets cut open looks cool for an older movie!

Jason Alexader from Seinfeld is in it, but he is pretty young.

Overall 8/10

One of the better Friday the 13th ripoffs in my books smile

Deano
excellent movie, pre dates friday the 13th

deathbycorn
Nah this was made in 1981, Friday the 13th was 1980...

papabeard
Great slasher film, stars Jason Alexander (George form seinfeld and Holly Hunter). was banned in the 80's video nasty furore. A total rip off of friday the 13th, definitley as good if not better. Nice Death Scenes and SFX.

A Must See

Deano
i thought it was made before fri the 13th

papabeard
IMDB says 1981, the year after Friday the 13th was released.

Gaetane
i never even knew about this movie, until i bought a copy about one
year ago. I immediatly loved this picture. the raft scene was really superb!

cropsy_is_god
I have the film and love it but i read in an iterview with Tom Savini that the burning was actually written before Friday the 13th. The raft scene was top notch & Glazers death was brutal.

I give it 9/10

MildPossession
It's okay, i didn't find anything special in the movie.

Undertaker
Awesome Movie, 9/10

cropsy_is_god
I think Cropsy was in the right to kill or try and kill the ppl that burnt him. His life was ruined. If someone burnt me like that and i lived though it i'd kill ppl to. You wouldn't be able to have sex anymore whats the point of living i suppose.

deathbycorn
Once you have a Girlfriend for about two years you don't care for sex anymore!

Back to Topic, Cropsy looked like a disfigured alien or something though!

slayer
Great Flick, 9/10

Undertaker
Originally posted by cropsy_is_god
I think Cropsy was in the right to kill or try and kill the ppl that burnt him. His life was ruined. If someone burnt me like that and i lived though it i'd kill ppl to. You wouldn't be able to have sex anymore whats the point of living i suppose.

You aint Kidding Mate, I was cheering Cropsy all the way.

cropsy_is_god
Im glad they only made the 1 burning film and didn't ruin it by bringing any sequels.

Undertaker
Im glad they only made the 1 burning film and didn't ruin it by bringing any sequels.

The Burning 2 would of sucked bigtime! He was total toast at the end!

cropsy_is_god
Yeah he got a brutal death in the end but i wanted Todd to get killed.

cropsy_is_god
Can you give me advice. Is it worth grabbing a pair of garden shears like cropsy's and taking revenge on a bunch of drugged up neds who battered me. Are they worth it.

Undertaker
Can you give me advice. Is it worth grabbing a pair of garden shears like cropsy's and taking revenge on a bunch of drugged up neds who battered me. Are they worth it.

**** Yeah, Chop there fingers off.

cropsy_is_god
LoL im going to get one of them by themselves and scare the shit out him with the shears.

Undertaker
LoL im going to get one of them by themselves and scare the shit out him with the shears.

****ing kick there asses dude, ****ing Scum.

cropsy_is_god
Yea me & my mates hate neds and druggies were all gonna kick there ***** in.

Undertaker
Yea me & my mates hate neds and druggies were all gonna kick there ***** in.

Wish i could give you a hand, ****en Druggies, Hate them all.

cropsy_is_god
Kickin a smackhead ned in the face rapidly is an amazing feeling

devilsreject304
I would love to see this movie, looks AWESOME!

cropsy_is_god
I definetly recommed it to you. Buy it and if you don't like it scratch the disk and take it back. I do it if i buy a movie that ends up being shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.