Any other bands like Radiohead?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

o kiMMii o
Can some people here recommend me some music like radiohead? songs such as "exit music" & "talk shot host" im into this type of music, acoustic too i hate the hardcore stuff.

smile

Victor Von Doom
Muse and Coldplay are often accused of sounding like a cheapo version of Radiohead.

Alpha Centauri
Those are the only two examples I can think of also. I think Muse are very good, Coldplay are shit. Either way I think it's demeaning to Radiohead for that to be said.

To answer the question: There are no bands like Radiohead.

-AC

Deathblow
Yep. Coldplay just took the ''High & Dry'' system and ran with it, Muse sound like a couple of shoegazers trying and failing to play ''Airbag''.

Pavement I guess are sort of similar. Although less prog and more grunge influenced, and with a very, very different vocalist. But they're worth getting into anyway.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The Beta Band have a tune or two..test the water by listening to their eponymous album, it's pretty good. They're not a sound-a-like band, but they are willing to try something different a la Radiohead.

exanda kane
I'm sorry, as much as I like Radiohead, your putting them on a bit of a pedastel arent you?

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by exanda kane
I'm sorry, as much as I like Radiohead, your putting them on a bit of a pedastel arent you?

Who is that directed towards?

exanda kane
It's not meant to be aggressive etc. However you seem to be making Radiohead seem legendary (directed generally). I agree there very good, but that good?

There is no other band like Radiohead, but then that could be said of Bloc Party, why do you want to listen to the same thing again?

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha, comparing Radiohead to Bloc Party. Good one. There are many more bands that can be considered to be like Bloc Party than any who can claim to be "like" Radiohead, because there genuinely are none.

Radiohead are legendary, where have you been for the past decade?

But no, nobody's putting them on any pedestal that they don't deserve to be on.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
It's not meant to be aggressive etc. However you seem to be making Radiohead seem legendary (directed generally). I agree there very good, but that good?

There is no other band like Radiohead, but then that could be said of Bloc Party, why do you want to listen to the same thing again?

They are legendary.

tabby999
Sigur Ros are "radiohead"-esq and f*cking brilliant too, going to be going to their show when they come to Aus next year

Alpha Centauri
I don't think they're anything like Radiohead.

They're an amazing band though, saw them live last month. Was phenomenal.

-AC

exanda kane
What planet do you people live on lol. Radiohead just dont cut it as Legendary, they come close. - sure its an opinion but you don't list great bands like Led Zeppelin, The Who, Black Sabbath, Radiohead...

All in all they don't have that 'greatness' quality, sure its for a different audience, but Tom York? He hasnt got it.

Dammit look what ya made me do lol. Now its gonna look like a hate them. It's AC's fault mind you.

tabby999
i compare them in the sence that they came from nowhere and made something completly different from everyone else. they also make beautiful ambient soundscape, much like Radiohead (no they dont to that entirely but they do do it). i've managed to get the Sigur Ros/Radiohead crossover EP (which is named something like BA BA TI KI KI TI BA so dont quote me on the name) which is awsome

exanda kane
Sugar Ros? I don't see it...they have similarities I spose but meh.

Alpha Centauri
What planet do you people live on lol. Radiohead just dont cut it as Legendary, they come close. - sure its an opinion but you don't list great bands like Led Zeppelin, The Who, Black Sabbath, Radiohead...

All in all they don't have that 'greatness' quality, sure its for a different audience, but Tom York? He hasnt got it.

Dammit look what ya made me do lol. Now its gonna look like a hate them. It's AC's fault mind you.

A) It's SIgur Ros.

B) It's Thom Yorke.

C) You like Fightstar. How is it that you believe you are able to say what's worthy of being called legendary or not?

Thom Yorke is one of the best singers ever. Radiohead do more with one album than most bands do in their career. They're one of the very few bands that are madly rated in the mainstream and actually deserve it.

They are legendary, this isn't up for debate.

-AC

Victor Von Doom

Why do people always feel the need to reserve high praise until a band is finished?

Radiohead are musically equal to, or better than, any of those bands.

Unless to you, 'legendary' requires a nostalgia element.

exanda kane
No they arent - there on there way - and Fightstar should'nt come into this - I can quite clearly acknowledge that they are passing fad that wont make a second album (such as test icicles).

And thankyou for pointing out the different in Ros'. I getcha now.

But no too bothered about the Thom York thingme.

Btw there was a band that were bordering on Radiohead ground but cant remember the name sorry. Well they were copying basically.

Alpha Centauri
Yes, they actually are better than those bands.

Radiohead, whether you choose to agree or not, are legendary.

-AC

exanda kane
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Yes, they actually are better than those bands.

Pardon?

Victor Von Doom
No they arent - there on there way

Are you talking about musical output? If so, it's opinion based in any case.

Reputation/standing? They're equal or higher.

exanda kane
Reputation to music lovers or the general public? Because I would take a guess that not your average cretin has heard of them.

There are bands like Oasis (there crap) and the Jam (good), and then there are bands like Blur (Great) and The Verve (great again). Radiohead fit into the second lot.

Alpha Centauri
Pardon?

Yes, they are actually better than those bands.

Would you like be to break out the crayola and construct a primary school level flow-diagram?

-AC

exanda kane
Yes please. I may be able to derive English from that. And what context were you placing...

"Yes, they are actually better than those bands."

...in?

Victor Von Doom
Reputation to music lovers or the general public? Because I would take a guess that not your average cretin has heard of them.

The general public is idiotic.

Alpha Centauri

There are bands like Oasis (there crap) and the Jam (good), and then there are bands like Blur (Great) and The Verve (great again). Radiohead fit into the second lot.

Exactly, why are you being stupid?

Your average cretin doesn't understand why Radiohead are rated as high as they are. The fact that they are worthy of every bit of praise and are also, factually, legendary isn't up for debate.

-AC

exanda kane
Thats true.

It should be the test of whether a band are great or not that one.

Alpha Centauri
Yes please. I may be able to derive English from that. And what context were you placing...

"Yes, they are actually better than those bands."

...in?

I personally believe their music is much, much better. This is subjective though, I can't prove it anymore than you can disprove it (which judging by your posts and taste, couldn't anyway).

They're factually equal or higher, as stated, in terms of reputation.

-AC

exanda kane
But in what context are you placing them against?

And don't be a little gremlin and start flaming. just relax, take a few pills and look at my first few posts...okay?

Alpha Centauri
I'm not flaming you, kid.

You genuinely do not know a thing about music or what a good band is. Add to the fact that you're a patriotic fool and it's a recipe for disaster.

You've literally had two people explain the same thing to you about four times.

-AC

exanda kane
Patriotic (the fact that I start this point off first should tell you how much that hurts XD)...no I'm not, probably the opposite but what does that matter. It matters that you live in the US though - O how all the musical talent has dispersed from that fell land!

How can you possibly try and concieve any taste if your american.......

phew...well enuf about 'that stuff' I find it hard for you to criticise my taste when you hardly know nothing about my tasste apart from my recent liking of Fightstar.

Yes, a few months ago I laughed about them. I heard a song (Grand Unification Part 1) and foguth it was utter bollocks. But then I had the chance to listen to a few songs and i got into them. Has that ever happened to you, but then I suppose you've just lapped up what MTV has fed you.

exanda kane
Muse 'Feeling Good' does carry the same kind of tone as much of Radioheads 'dankier' stuff.

Alpha Centauri
Patriotic (the fact that I start this point off first should tell you how much that hurts XD)...no I'm not, probably the opposite but what does that matter. It matters that you live in the US though - O how all the musical talent has dispersed from that fell land!

I'm English you idiot.

How can you say you're not patriotic? You've sat there claiming that you're racist toward Americans and that all British stuff is the best just because it's British.

phew...well enuf about 'that stuff' I find it hard for you to criticise my taste when you hardly know nothing about my tasste apart from my recent liking of Fightstar.

"Taste"? Haha, good one. Bloc Party, Coldplay, Lostprophets and Fightstar isn't taste.

Yes, a few months ago I laughed about them. I heard a song (Grand Unification Part 1) and foguth it was utter bollocks. But then I had the chance to listen to a few songs and i got into them. Has that ever happened to you, but then I suppose you've just lapped up what MTV has fed you.

You're accusing me of lapping up when you're the one who has been fed Fightstar and been sucked into liking them.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You've literally had two people explain the same thing to you about four times.

Who were they? Laurel and Hardy? Ho ho.

I'd also like to recommend Arcade Fire's 'Funeral', if you like expansive music-scapes. The Pixes would also probably entertain your brain.

Afro Cheese
What planet do you people live on lol. Radiohead just dont cut it as Legendary, they come close. - sure its an opinion but you don't list great bands like Led Zeppelin, The Who, Black Sabbath, Radiohead... They are less famous than those bands, but they are still "greater" than all of them.

Lana
Radiohead is one of the greatest bands ever made. They are one of very few bands who is not afraid to try new things constantly - something that most bands don't do because they're too scared to lose their fans. Not to mention that Thom Yorke is an excellent singer, and musically and lyrically the band is miles above 99.9% of other bands that are around. Radiohead IS legendary. It is possible for a band to be a legend while they are still around, you realize.

exanda kane
God. Look what ya made me do. Now it looks like I hate Radiohead eek!

Alpha Centauri
I don't think anyone cares if you do or not. You're still wrong in what you said.

-AC

MildPossession
I get a bit of Radiohead when I listen to Sigur Ros, think it's from the vocals, certain songs I just think humm Radiohead. Nothing alike though lol, strange.

Both fantastic bands that I adore so much.

exanda kane
And to be honest AC I don't care what other people think about my opinions, however this is a forum so I can say what i like. I do not think Radiohead should be called legendary, not yet.

Alpha Centauri
Well whether you don't think they should or not, they are. Because they are legendary.

This is the crucial point you are missing.

-AC

Afro Cheese
And to be honest AC I don't care what other people think about my opinions, however this is a forum so I can say what i like. I do not think Radiohead should be called legendary, not yet. If Radiohead were to stop making music right now, and have absolutely no more opportunity for any further progress.. you wouldn't consider them legendary?

exanda kane
Hmm No. I dont think I would. I just dont believe they've made a big enough impact. If there really went somewhere new and people took too it, as if this was even beyond Radiohead terriotory, I would think of them as Legendary.

Alpha Centauri
What do you mean "If there really went somewhere new"? Radiohead are one of the most innovative bands of all time.

You are clearly just not of the right brainial capacity to understand it.

You can sit there and say they're not legendary, that's fine. They are though, this is fact.

-AC

Deathblow
Let's take a second to judge Radiohead on the level that most ''legendary'' bands are appointed on; the ability to create signature songs, i.e. Zeppelin's Immigrant Song, Kasmir etc, Metallica's One, Enter Sandman etc.

- Creep
- Exit Music
- Karma Police
- No Suprises
- High & Dry
- Fake Plastic Trees
- My Iron Lung
- Street Spirit

All of the above are songs/singles that have burned themselves into rock music memory. Play the most boneheaded, crunk-loving, musically illiterate moron you know the chorus from High & Dry, the fade-out from Karma Police, the final verse of Exit Music or the riff from No Suprises or Street Spirit, and I gurantee they will recognise most of them. They probably won't know the band, but the fact that they'll recognise the music anyway is a testament on it's own to their status. Even people who don't know them, know them. If you get my meaning. That's legendary. Come back and post here in 20, 30 years, when radio stations are still playing OK Computer, and say they aren't.

StinkFist462
I just dont believe they've made a big enough impact.

big enough impact on what? mtv?

exanda kane
Actually wait a mo while I gloat in the whole irony of AC's last post. *aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam*.........................

Well the last time Xfm played Ok Computer was....I can't remember actually. Creep came on yesterday though. I understand what your saying Deathblow, but most of those songs are just played in the indie discos in London, no where else.

The fact that you said yourself that not too many could name that Radiohead that created songs like Karma Police, does partly justify what i have been saying. When people where the opening chords of Whole Lotta Love they instantly join in with the bass, and they could probably put a band to the song. Ok, maybe Radiohead arent on the same plane as Led Zeppelin but you understand my point. (btw I met Robert Plant on Saturday!)

StinkFist462
this one guy thought Metallica did Immigrant Song. my friend also thought Stairway to Heaven was Guns and Roses.

so, no. not everyone can spot Led Zeppelin during the opening chords.

exanda kane
Oh how strange that you take what I said about one song and apply to another. and it doesnt work

I didn't say the opening chords apply to other Led Zeppelin songs, although many do.

And dont just take Led as the only example, there are many others as you can probably guess.

All in all, I just dont think Radiohead are Legendary and if I'm allowed to say, I dont think they ever will be, maybe to a select group of music lovers, but the same applies to Metallica. And god damn i hate Metallica.

Alpha Centauri
Yes, so let me reiterate, because you clearly are the most simple person ever to dwell here.

Radiohead...still with me?....are legendary....whether you like it.....or not. You can not think they are...but they are.

Are we clear on this? This will never be a debate about if they are legendary or not, because they are.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think what AC is trying to say, can be expressed in this little forumla I've come up with all by myself:

Radiohead = legendary

Am I correct, AC?

Alpha Centauri
*Examines formula*

I can say this is correct, Krunk'd.

-AC

black_rock
SMASHING PUMKINS ALL THE WAY

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Sweet! I knew I was on the money that time!

All this Radiohead talk has got me listening to 'Kid A' again...Whata****ingamazingalbum; 'The National Anthem' is incredible!

Alpha Centauri
VVD and I have been cuing that album a lot recently, both separately and in sync. He raised the notion that Everything in Its Right Place probably has the most epic intro.

I'd likely agree with this.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I also concur. It's amazing that they can make absolute gibberish sound like the words of a god..."bleh, bluh-bleh bleh bluh..." - Yeah, Radiohead! I agree!

How about those magical strings on 'Motion Picture Soundtrack'? It's just an incredible album from start to finito.

exanda kane
Radiohead = Just Short Of Legendary. (aimed at AC, the person most up his own arse here). smile

Df02
Yes, so let me reiterate, because you clearly are the most simple person ever to dwell here.

Radiohead...still with me?....are legendary....whether you like it.....or not. You can not think they are...but they are.

Are we clear on this? This will never be a debate about if they are legendary or not, because they are.

-AC

as simple as you think that person is, you cannot really confirm Radiohead's legendary status atm... in a few years i garuantee they will be widely accepted as legendary... atm they aren't in the same way as Zepellin or Metallica etc.

they may be to you... but can garuantee they won't be to a huge swathe of other people.

usually you actually produce decent arguments to back yourself up, but on this thread you've just started to sound like a kid with his hands over his ears chanting the same thing again and again.
you saying theyre legendary doesnt make it so, no matter how many times you repeat it

Alpha Centauri
Radiohead = Just Short Of Legendary. (aimed at AC, the person most up his own arse here). smile

Says who? The guy who claims Fightstar are a good, creative talented band? Same for Lostprophets?

When they have albums that are continually rated as one of the best albums of all time (As Radiohead have) then you can make that claim.

Radiohead's OK Computer is constantly rated as one of, if not THE best rock album of all time and in my opinion it's not even their best. Radiohead, regardless of whether you think they are or not, are legendary. I'm not saying you have to agree, I'm saying that whether you agree or not is irrelevant.

Originally posted by Dfo2
as simple as you think that person is, you cannot really confirm Radiohead's legendary status atm... in a few years i garuantee they will be widely accepted as legendary... atm they aren't in the same way as Zepellin or Metallica etc.

they may be to you... but can garuantee they won't be to a huge swathe of other people.

usually you actually produce decent arguments to back yourself up, but on this thread you've just started to sound like a kid with his hands over his ears chanting the same thing again and again.
you saying theyre legendary doesnt make it so, no matter how many times you repeat it

The reason I'm not attempting to make any kind of "decent" argument is because there is none needed. I'm not going out of my way to proof Radiohead are considered legendary worldwide to a guy who thinks Fightstar are great. He/She's obviously got an idiotic musical opinion so no, I'm not about to waste my time.

The fact (because it is a fact) that Radiohead are constantly cited as one of the best British rock bands ever, heralding an innovative touch second to none more or less, whilst also wielding candidates for best album ever (many things reflect this) says to me that they are legendary. Among their peers and listeners.

Me saying they are legendary doesn't make it so, no. They are legendary though, that's what makes it so.

-AC

exanda kane
No it doesnt. And for someone he judges me on my opinion of a very small and unimportant band (i.e. Fightstar) your really not going out of your way to prove anything apart from immature chantings of "Radiohead are Leg." with no questions asked, nor have you even tried to concede with my view.

I'm sure there's bands that many other people call Legendary that you hate or as some people like you say "overrated". I like Radiohead, yet I dont think they'll ever be accpeted as Legendary. It's sad to say, but more people would probably say Robbie Williams is greater than Radiohead.

And I don't think I've heard all there albums being called great, some reviews I've read have said that overall Radiohead have a hit or miss apitude, just like ian Brown say.

Alpha Centauri
No it doesnt. And for someone he judges me on my opinion of a very small and unimportant band (i.e. Fightstar) your really not going out of your way to prove anything apart from immature chantings of "Radiohead are Leg." with no questions asked, nor have you even tried to concede with my view.

I know I'm not going out of my way. There are many, many smarter music fans here who agree with me. Converting you isn't something I need for confirmation.

I'm sure there's bands that many other people call Legendary that you hate or as some people like you say "overrated". I like Radiohead, yet I dont think they'll ever be accpeted as Legendary. It's sad to say, but more people would probably say Robbie Williams is greater than Radiohead.

The question isn't who the mainstream consider great. It's "Are Radiohead Legendary?" The answer is yes. You need only look constantly over their albums reviews, live show reviews, critical and fan reviews, critic and fan voted polls respectively.

You don't have to agree, but agreeing or not doesn't change the fact that they are legendary. I hate U2, but they are legends (if only by reputation).

And I don't think I've heard all there albums being called great, some reviews I've read have said that overall Radiohead have a hit or miss apitude, just like ian Brown say.

Yeah but Ian Brown hasn't been worth listening to since The Stone Roses. Musically or in an opinionated way.

You haven't heard it, so? Does this mean it's never happened? Radiohead aren't for everyone. They're not a band everyone can get into so therefore your average Lostprophets fan isn't gonna think th....oh wait.

-AC

exanda kane
meh

exanda kane
I know I'm not going out of my way. There are many, many smarter music fans here who agree with me. Converting you isn't something I need for confirmation.

When did I even mention you were trying to convert me. I already said i like Radiohead for what they are and for there experimentational music. And the way you seem to be categorising music fans seems rather strange to me, smarter music fans?

The question isn't who the mainstream consider great. It's "Are Radiohead Legendary?" The answer is yes. You need only look constantly over their albums reviews, live show reviews, critical and fan reviews, critic and fan voted polls respectively.

Yet its by the mainstream that most things Legendary are given there place. The fact that they have constantly good reviews, live shows etc. does not necessarily make them Legendary, I understand what you are trying to say, but on my definition of Legendary lots of good reviews dont make Legends. Hell you could probably say blink 182 are legends based on some of there album reviews (and they are terribly bad live).And btw you sound horribly conservative in those first 2 lines.

You don't have to agree, but agreeing or not doesn't change the fact that they are legendary. I hate U2, but they are legends (if only by reputation).

It's quite clear I'm not agreeing with you, purely because you got childish even before me (which is rare I assure you), yes there are bands which you should dictate as Legendary without any obligation from yourr own opinions, but Radiohead arent one of those. Maybe oneday, but I just dont believe they'll reach it.

Yeah but Ian Brown hasn't been worth listening to since The Stone Roses. Musically or in an opinionated way.

Have you not heard 'Fear?'. But thats not the point, even something King Monkey does will manage to embed itself in someones playlist, just likes Radiohead, but also like Radiohead there will be some stuff that is just too far out there for the average person.

You haven't heard it, so? Does this mean it's never happened? Radiohead aren't for everyone. They're not a band everyone can get into so therefore your average Lostprophets fan isn't gonna think th....oh wait.

I have no clue what your on about here. And finally you concede to one of my points that Radiohead arent for anyone, although infact its probably not for most

Alpha Centauri

exanda kane
Look, i'm sorry I can't match the arrogance of your post you must be living under a rock if you think everyone considers Radiohead legendary. Yes, this forum will obviously go against me now, but outside of KMC and Jonathon Woss who calls them Legendary!

You need a doctor

Victor Von Doom
Look, i'm sorry I can't match the arrogance of your post you must be living under a rock if you think everyone considers Radiohead legendary. Yes, this forum will obviously go against me now, but outside of KMC and Jonathon Woss who calls them Legendary!

You need a doctor

I see you mentioned your definition of legendary a few posts back.

Perhaps you could outline it.

exanda kane
I think you can gather, thankyou, from my previous posts. Infact I'd take a rough estimate its the same most peoples, maybe including AC's. It's where Radiohead are placed upon that definition that is important.

Victor Von Doom
I think you can gather, thankyou, from my previous posts. Infact I'd take a rough estimate its the same most peoples, maybe including AC's. It's where Radiohead are placed upon that definition that is important.

This is what it seems like to me-

A) Being old;

B) Being recognised by Joe Sixpack.

Of course, you may mean something else and be poorly expressing it.

exanda kane
Well its probably the lattter, although the points you pulled out are tenuously linked to anything considered Legendary. wink

Victor Von Doom
Well its probably the lattter, although the points you pulled out are tenuously linked to anything considered Legendary. wink

So by that logic, Robbie Williams is more legendary than the bands you cited.

Interesting analysis. Although to be fair you did say he was more legendary than Radiohead.

Alpha Centauri
And we come full circle to my original true, but dismissed claim, that this man has no clue what the hell he is talking about.

-AC

exanda kane
Ahh. this this is how much you are up your own arses.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
This much.

Fact is, or I hope so, as you must understand what I am talking about or your sincerly lacking alot of intellectual workings, you can't stand the fact that a fellow fan is saying that Radiohead will never be accpeted as Legendary.

No mattter how much I try to explain, although i did get sidetracked by just how much AC is up his own arse to be fair, you just cannot concede what i am saying. i have no idea why. Do you have any social porblems?

Alpha Centauri
Nah, you genuinely are stupid and making the effort to appear intelligent through typing isn't going to aid your debate any more.

You are implying that Robbie Williams is more legendary than Radiohead. You have a very misunderstood view of what legendary means.

I've accepted that YOU don't call Radiohead legendary. I've said this. What YOU don't get is that regardless of whether you believe they are or not, they are legends. This is the crucial part that you are not grasping.

-AC

exanda kane
Nah, you genuinely are stupid and making the effort to appear intelligent through typing isn't going to aid your debate any more.

You are implying that Robbie Williams is more legendary than Radiohead. You have a very misunderstood view of what legendary means.

I've accepted that YOU don't call Radiohead legendary. I've said this. What YOU don't get is that regardless of whether you believe they are or not, they are legends. This is the crucial part that you are not grasping.

-AC

So now i think Robbie Williams is a Legend. Riggghhht. (sorry for the hint of americansim there, but it was needed.)

And thanks for the insult it warms my heart to see the plebes struggling to overcome there masters.

Anyways, as I always said "I believe" and not "They are" (well this was the genuine conception) unlike you, it leaves me suggesting something whether you are not allowing any opinions whatsoever. As you probably DONT realise, something are for sure and some are not. Of course The Beatles are Legendary becasue there old, or decaying, and recognised by the average Joe Sixpack, if you go by how Dr.Doom (term of endearment my friend rolling on floor laughing ) interpreted my deifnition of Legendary. That is a fact.

Radiohead arent up there too much, so only there fans and people up there own arses like you A.C will say there Legendary. Most other people will say yeah, there alright. i liked Creep, of course, but by the time Blow Out came about I didn't like it too much anymore, but there still good.

p.s. A* for A.C for villainising me smile

Alpha Centauri
So now i think Robbie Williams is a Legend. Riggghhht. (sorry for the hint of americansim there, but it was needed.)

And thanks for the insult it warms my heart to see the plebes struggling to overcome there masters.

By your rationale, yes. You say many things then go back on them. I'm not even sure YOU know what you mean anymore.

Also, you can't hope to be taken seriously with literacy such as yours.

Anyways, as I always said "I believe" and not "They are" (well this was the genuine conception) unlike you, it leaves me suggesting something whether you are not allowing any opinions whatsoever. As you probably DONT realise, something are for sure and some are not. Of course The Beatles are Legendary becasue there old, or decaying, and recognised by the average Joe Sixpack, if you go by how Dr.Doom (term of endearment my friend rolling on floor laughing ) interpreted my deifnition of Legendary. That is a fact.

So much of that quote made absolutely zero sense. I'm not even sure if it's because of your grammatical butchery or the fact that you really have no clue. Possibly both.

Either way, by the definition of "legendary" that the dictionary goes by (aka the true one) then Radiohead are legendary on both counts. They are famous, revered, critically acclaimed and celebrated. Whether or not there are bands MORE legendary doesn't matter, it's the fact that they are legendary. I think this is what you are confusing. Nobody is saying they are more legendary than any band ever, only that they are legendary.

Radiohead arent up there too much, so only there fans and people up there own arses like you A.C will say there Legendary. Most other people will say yeah, there alright. i liked Creep, of course, but by the time Blow Out came about I didn't like it too much anymore, but there still good.

Ahh, so you're one of the fans who couldn't hack the more complexed stuff eh? Interesting.

Moreover, you are again missing the point. Though I'm not sure you could get a point if it walked up and slit your throat. Here's the point, catch it if you can:

Radiohead are legendary. This is a fact. Going by dictionary definition, they are legends and legendary. Nobody to my knowledge has said they are the most legendary band ever, or more legendary than The Beatles. They ARE better, but nobody said they were more legendary. Just that they were legendary.

Now, YOU have the right to believe otherwise. Nobody is taking that from you. However, you are wrong.

-AC

exanda kane
Complexity is a matter of opinion. And did I say iI was that someone that didnt get into Blow Out? No. Infact my favourite album happpens to be there last. Yet again you have shown your lack of thought.

And I do apoligize for the numerous typos in there. This is really going nowhere now.

You've ceased to look at my opinions with any thought purely because I like one band (again a small and unimportant band at that) that you dont like. I understand yours opinion, but thats out of neccessity that you really are quite stubborn.

You've even understood what i have meant, but quite easily found a nice loop hole, made by my spontaneous writing, that allows you to just sit there, mouth open, merely repeating yourself in defense, than do it out of conviction like me.

-STFU smile

Alpha Centauri
Complexity is a matter of opinion. And did I say iI was that someone that didnt get into Blow Out? No. Infact my favourite album happpens to be there last. Yet again you have shown your lack of thought.

No, complexity isn't a matter of opinion. Complexity is provable. Nobody can say Pablo Honey is more complex than Kid A.

Do yourself a favour, don't talk about lack of thought, intellect and so forth. You have pathetic grammar, musical judgement and rationale. My thought process is the least of your worries.

You've ceased to look at my opinions with any thought purely because I like one band (again a small and unimportant band at that) that you dont like. I understand yours opinion, but thats out of neccessity that you really are quite stubborn.

No, not necessarily. You have proven yourself to have a shit musical opinion, I never made that decision until you gave me reason to. Sorry. You have yourself to blame. The fact that you keep bringing it up proves my point.

You've even understood what i have meant, but quite easily found a nice loop hole, made by my spontaneous writing, that allows you to just sit there, mouth open, merely repeating yourself in defense, than do it out of conviction like me.

Bullshit said with conviction is still bullshit, kid. A lesson you would do well to learn.

Your opinion is that they aren't legendary. Fine. Nobody is taking that away from you, you have a right to think that. The fact of the matter is, as proven, they are legends and they are legendary. There's no debating this. They are legendary down to definition.

YOU are implying that if they aren't massively well known to the point that everyone everywhere knows them, then they aren't "legendary". Which is bullshit, because that's not what legendary necessarily means. Although to be fair, I'm willing to bet that most people on the street know of Radiohead.

You said that only their fans and "people up their own arse" would consider Radiohead legendary. So what's your point?

I've already proven that your definition of legendary is pointless, though still applicable to Radiohead being legends, and proven that they are legendary by definition.

What exactly are you trying to prove? You don't believe they are legendary therefore they aren't? That's bs isn't it? Because they are. Not because I say they are, but because every definition of "legendary" that exists, applies to them.

You're an idiot and I refuse to debate with you anymore until you sort out what you're bringing to this debate. Preferably something I haven't already steamroller'd.

-AC

-hh-
why do people dislike 'Kid A'. i thought it was great thumb up

Alpha Centauri
Basically, after OK Computer (their most famous and often most critically acclaimed album) they obviously wanted to do something in a complete other direction, as only Radiohead could.

A lot of fans tried to pull the old "If you don't play in that style again, we won't buy your records." card. Radiohead just said "F*ck off" and continued on their path to being the best British rock band of all time.

As pretentious as it may sound, those too stupid to keep up after OK Computer, decided to turn their backs.

-AC

exanda kane
I'm sorry. But now your going along for the hell of it. Please keep patronising me. the "kid" bit realy made me feel loved.

smile

Btw you've almost turned me away frm Radiohead (the thought that someone like you enjoy them is not pleasing) so as a closing cmment because you'll continue to whore this form whatever i do...

RADIOHEAD ARE STILL RIDING THE WAVE OF CREEP!

Alpha Centauri
I don't have many cases, but I'd be closing them now.

T'was fun.

-AC

o kiMMii o
Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions, I dont like Muse, the voice! and not the type im looking for.

But Sigur Ros and Radiohead sound identical! i mean really lol..... i like them both. But i love radiohead.....just discovered more great songs....
I love the depressing ambient rock songs.....

Bardock42
i liked Creep, of course, but by the time Blow Out came about I didn't like it too much anymore, but there still good.

What are you talking aboot? Blow Out is an awesome song. And although Creep is a good song it's not the best on the Album at all. "Anyone Can Play Guitar", "How do you" and "Thinking about you" are just as good if not even better. I really don't understand why Creep is so popular and the others aren't.

Originally posted by -hh-
why do people dislike 'Kid A'. i thought it was great thumb up

Kid A is my favorite Album too. So many good songs on it. I'd still have to listen to Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief though.

Anyways, back to the topic. I think since Radiohead just changed so much there are a few bands who overlap with some of their songs. Mainly those mentioned, Sigur Ros, mabye Muse and such. Pablo Honey for example is nothing that extraordinary (although being quite awesome) so that many bands had similar style.

So I'd say there are no bands actually like Radiohead but you might enjoy some of the following if you liked Radiohead.

The Pixies
Muse
Sigur Ros
Pink Floyd
Dredg
The Smiths (well not cause they are anything like Radiohead just cause they are awesome)
Tool
The Who
The Doors
Led Zeppelin

Okay you got me I just listed what I enjoy to listen too...big deal.

charles88

techieng
what hell is this

Stoic
Originally posted by techieng
what hell is this

The one that burns your underwear off, and has you running around with your butt hanging out in front of crowds of people.

Omega Vision
Similar, idk, but bands that you'd probably enjoy if you enjoy Radiohead include Interpol, Modest Mouse, Smashing Pumpkins, Muse, and the Pixies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.