Is Downloading Music Video Clips Considered Piracy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mišt
Does it fall under the same category as music piracy? You're still getting the songs for free but in video form. I dont think Ive heard of music video piracy, unless it was a full dvd rip or something. But downloading a single video clip doesnt strike me as hurting artists, even though your still getting their music. confused

(I dont mean downloading the video specifically just for the song because your too lazy to get it, Im just talking about video downloads in general)

PINBALL
I wouldn't think so because I dont think your can buy live concerts and music videos very often so I dont think it matters...

Alpha Centauri
Most bands have their videos freely distributed on their sites anyway.

-AC

Afro Cheese
Most mainstream artists also have their singles freely distributed on the radio..

Alpha Centauri
No they don't. They have to pay to have their songs distributed to the radio actually.

Not many people know just how much an artist pays for things when releasing an album or a single.

-AC

Afro Cheese
I meant freely for the consumer..

Koala MeatPie
It absolutly does.

My Friend (lets Call him Joel) was Hosting MTV videos on his site before they where even released (he sorta Copied them from inside MTV's database)

And the Music Association Sent him Cease and Decease letter, To take out the Vids or Be Sued for 50,000$

Victor Von Doom
Actually it's the reverse. Radio pays the artists a royalty to use their songs.

T.V.O.T.I.
dl a music video is not illegal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.