Question for all u poetry guru's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bogen
Does rap count as being assisted poetry?

me and my mates were discusing this on the weekend, and i knew just who to turn to. KMC!

im sayin it is besause i think to write gud rap u have to be in that same mind set as i gud poet, i think, correct me if im wrong plz

Fëanor
Originally posted by bogen
Does rap count as being assisted poetry?

me and my mates were discusing this on the weekend, and i knew just who to turn to. KMC!

im sayin it is besause i think to write gud rap u have to be in that same mind set as i gud poet, i think, correct me if im wrong plz actually you're right about rap being a form of poetry. not all poetry has to rhyme or have a certain set of meters and cadences. as long it affects those reading it or to those listening to it.

there's a new kind of poets nowadays being touted as the "street" poets. if you've ever seen Def Poetry on HBO, now that is some serious shit on there. and a lot of it has the same style and rhythm as rap. it's very raw, full of powerful emotion and the the subject and theme is very much in tune to todays society, politics, and social mores. the difference is, that music has been added to rap.

bogen

Coldfire

bogen
kwel, is there any artist that comes to mind?

Fëanor
Originally posted by bogen
kwel, is there any artist that comes to mind? you mean a def poet??? well one to me comes to mind...can't remember his name tbh, but he was one of the lost boys in that bomb of a movie with Robin Williams as an old Peter Pan...i think he had a mohawk or something. but that guy...i saw him on Def Poetry, holy shizz!!!

justjakk

Syren
yes Definitely... poetry is an art form. Therefore anything creative that is linked to it can be considered poetry. Even indirectly, IMO... I have been known in the past to conjure up some lyrical nuance, one or two times big grin

justjakk
Originally posted by Syren
yes Definitely... poetry is an art form. Therefore anything creative that is linked to it can be considered poetry. Even indirectly, IMO... I have been known in the past to conjure up some lyrical nuance, one or two times big grin syren is the freestyle femme fatal

Coldfire
Originally posted by justjakk
syren is the freestyle femme fatal
yep hehe big grin

Fëanor
Originally posted by justjakk
you talking bout dude who played rufio? yes that's him...dude! that man has some serious style!!

bogen
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1046/rufio3lb.jpg
this guy?, mad!.
Champ. just for wearin a mohawk so well, few can do it now adays.
so is he like a poet/( in my opinion )gangsta

eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.