Superman Versus A direct Mjolnir shot to the face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
Can he take it.....

King KAM
dont see why not

grey fox
Magical object flung at 70-80 miles per hour

olympian
You mean the same way he took it in Jla/Avengers?

house
That topic sound wrong in many ways...

spetznaz
Originally posted by olympian

That was perfect.
You perfectly ended any further need for this thread.
With just one sentence.
That was beautiful.
And true.
thumb up

Psycho Ninja
JLA/Avengers is canon..... so Supez win !!!

grey fox
Damn ....ah well it served a purpose....

Jose123
It isn't canon for marvel so Thor still has a chance of putting the smack down on supes with his HUGE Hammer.

I still don't get how it wasn't effective in JLA/AVEN
If it is Forged by magick using a magick metal and has magick flowing through it shouldn't it be magick and hurt Superman way more than it did

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Jose123
It isn't canon for marvel so Thor still has a chance of putting the smack down on supes with his HUGE Hammer.

I still don't get how it wasn't effective in JLA/AVEN
If it is Forged by magick using a magick metal and has magick flowing through it shouldn't it be magick and hurt Superman way more than it did

It is canon for Marvel they refer to it in a Marvel handbook.

golem370
He can fling it fast then that try 200 to 500mph

Laminator_X
Supes was downed briefly by Mjolnir in JLA/Avengers. If Thor had time to follow through on the attack rather than moving to engage other Leaguers...

golem370
But also Thor said in one of the books where he fought Juggernaut that he rarely ever use his Full strength when hitting somebody with his Hammer.

grey fox
Originally posted by golem370
But also Thor said in one of the books where he fought Juggernaut that he rarely ever use his Full strength when hitting somebody with his Hammer.

Because if he did then their would be little chunks of people everywhere

Lucid Lui
Theoretically it should take Supes down. But as we saw, it doesn't.

Case closed.

snoopdogg
But also Thor said in one of the books where he fought Juggernaut that he rarely ever use his Full strength when hitting somebody with his Hammer. Thor also knew who Juggernaut was.

When he threw it at Superman I would assume he put some stroke in it cause Thor probably didn't want to take any chances.

golem370
He it Juggernaut was and He Hit him with everything he had and in the words of Juggernaut didn't even tickle

Adam Warlock
Classic Juggernaut Durability > Superman Durability. yes

Beyond theGrave
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Classic Juggernaut Durability > Superman Durability. yes *spits, then looks at the ground* oh hey AW.....hows it goin?

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Beyond theGrave
*spits, then looks at the ground* oh hey AW.....hows it goin?

smile

golem370
no Superman has died Classic Juggernaut should not be able to even Onslaught said that.Thats why he took the Gem which was BS

Scoobless
Originally posted by grey fox
Magical object flung at 70-80 miles per hour
He can fling it fast then that try 200 to 500mph

actually he can throw it at twice the speed of light

yes

Originally posted by olympian

you mean by getting brutally knocked through a building then struggling to get back to his feet

Sir Whirlysplat
yes just like that, still he took it better than Thor took the "Thorbuster" punch smile

Scoobless
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
yes just like that, still he took it better than Thor took the "Thorbuster" punch smile

ah, but Thor took an asault from both Superman and the Martian Mahunter, he got straight back at them and lightning bolted MM through another building

The Ion
Originally posted by Scoobless
you mean by getting brutally knocked through a building then struggling to get back to his feet
Struggled? We never even saw him get up. Plus the Thorbuster happened later when both men had a chance to rest. confused

Now in JLA/Avengers I would assume Supes used his speed to roll with the blow. Otherwise his head should have exploded like a Gallagher melon.

Sir Whirlysplat
ah, but Thor took an asault from both Superman and the Martian Mahunter, he got straight back at them and lightning bolted MM through another building

then later went one on one with Supes, who stopped his hammer with his bare hands like Nefaria and knocked Thor out. Then took the Avengers strongest wailed on him in a cowardly fashion and he still got up. smile Yup... like that. smile

golem370
Which is BS

Sir Whirlysplat
It's cannon smile

golem370
Could Superman withstand Godforce?

Adam Warlock
Superman:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/030904.jpg

Nefaria:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/nefaria34ob.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/avengersv3-034pic2.gif

Nefaria is on another level compared to Supes.

Originally posted by The Ion

Now in JLA/Avengers I would assume Supes used his speed to roll with the blow. Otherwise his head should have exploded like a Gallagher melon.

That's what he probably did. Went with the force of the strike. Or it would have imploded his head. yes

Dark Urizen
Which is BS

Seriously though. Do you belong to like some cult that worships Marvel or something?

Sir Whirlysplat
Sundipped smile perhaps

Adam Warlock
Could Superman withstand Godforce?

Survive this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/Thor161-20.jpg

Nope. He'd be a pile of ashes.

Dark Urizen
Survive this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/GuardianGalactus.jpg

your point is? erm

Sir Whirlysplat
Survive this?

laughing out loud Supes fought imperiex and a million other would be Universe beaters smile

When Marvel Universe inhabitants say "this is a job for Thor" all the time, I'll believe you.

If you've read Avengers 166 you'll know Iron man and Wonderman both seperately staggerred Nefaria.

The Ion
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
Seriously though. Do you belong to like some cult that worships Marvel or something?
laughing

Scoobless
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/GuardianGalactus.jpg

your point is? erm

that happened in an alternate dimension that had a strange effect on.... stuff.... confused

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by The Ion
laughing

yes it was good, credit where credit is due

golem370
Yeah it's called I am rational

Sir Whirlysplat

Well...... OK Golum - if you say so confused

golem370
I forget what kind of damn forum is this oh right a versus forum. Your telling me that Superman caught Thors hammer in mid strike the same kind of Strike that destroyed a statue of Adamantium?I am not going to feel bad because you don't understand my thinking behind it.

Scoobless
it really should have crushed the bones in his hand and forearm

yes

Sir Whirlysplat
it really should have crushed the bones in his hand and forearm

yes

Obvously supes is stronger and more resiliant than Adamantium. That doesn't suprise me at all. Wonderman dented Ultron smile

Scoobless
Obvously supes is stronger and more resiliant than Adamantium.

nah

Sir Whirlysplat
nah

Wonderman couldn't dent Supes in fact all the strongest Avengers failed to do him much damage, even attacking him all at once smile

Zahit
Superman should be able to take Mjolnir to the face,
but he should also get back up rather......slowly...

keep the faith,

stay whirly.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Zahit
Superman should be able to take Mjolnir to the face,
but he should also get back up rather......slowly...

keep the faith,

stay whirly.

smile thanks mate smile

snoopdogg
I forget what kind of damn forum is this oh right a versus forum. Your telling me that Superman caught Thors hammer in mid strike the same kind of Strike that destroyed a statue of Adamantium?I am not going to feel bad because you don't understand my thinking behind it. That is not the first attack he took that would destroy adamantium.

He took one int he Superman/FF crossover.

Dark Urizen

I'm not sure if i should think that makes you a liar, or if maybe you just aren't aware of just how incredibly biased you are because you burry your Marvel wetdreams somewhere deep inside your subconscious erm

Dark Urizen
I forget what kind of damn forum is this oh right a versus forum. Your telling me that Superman caught Thors hammer in mid strike the same kind of Strike that destroyed a statue of Adamantium?I am not going to feel bad because you don't understand my thinking behind it.

Grade B adamantium at best.
And Superman's taken lasers that can cut through adamantium like nothing.

edit: snoop beat me to posting the pic

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by snoopdogg
That is not the first attack he took that would destroy adamantium.

He took one int he Superman/FF crossover.

That crossover isn't canon.

Sir Whirlysplat
That crossover isn't canon.

laughing out loud who cares Supes is about the most indestructable of all.

Adam Warlock
laughing out loud who cares Supes is about the most indestructable of all.

It's not canon and it never happened. Happy Dance

The theory Supes is greater than adamantium has yet to be proven. smile

golem370
Sounds like you need to stop talking out of your a$$

I'm not sure if i should think that makes you a liar, or if maybe you just aren't aware of just how incredibly biased you are because you burry your Marvel wetdreams somewhere deep inside your subconscious

snoopdogg
That crossover isn't canon. It may not be cannon in the timelines but it did use the same Superman and Fantastic Four. Nothing about the characters were different.

golem370
He indestructable until it come to Doomsday.

golem370
Why is Franklin hiding behind him?

The Ion
Doomsday would tear Thor apart too. smile

Sir Whirlysplat

His a lot tougher now that then.... this statement just......well laughing out loud

golem370
How? Has he beat Doomsday lately?

Sir Whirlysplat

yes a few times laughing out loud

snoopdogg
It's not canon and it never happened. Happy Dance

The theory Supes is greater than adamantium has yet to be proven. smile Your right.

But if it did occur that is what would happen.

golem370
Superman got cut on DD bones right?

Sir Whirlysplat
Superman got cut on DD bones right?

not lately smile

kgkg
na Doomsday now whould Crush supes even harder.

Supes was taking on say 2-3 Gogs

DD was ripping them to peices

golem370
Where did he get the power upgrade?

kgkg
Where did he get the power upgrade? who?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by kgkg

DD was ripping them to peices That dosn't mean nothing kgkg.

Supes is not a killer like DD is. He don't rip his opponents to pieces.

Sir Whirlysplat

DD was ripping them to peices

he has beaten intelligent Doomsday and unintelligent Doomsday inthe last few years. Those Gogs were not the real deal laughing out loud

golem370
Superman.

Sir Whirlysplat
Where did he get the power upgrade?

It's due to Solar absorbtion, after Crisis he will be back to SUPERman rather than Byrnes superMAN smile

kgkg
he has beaten intelligent Doomsday and unintelligent Doomsday inthe last few years. Those Gogs were not the real deal laughing out loud
Not the point

In Gogs war.

Superman was >> Gogs
DD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gogs

He has beating unintelligent DD ? By Force? Don’t think so

and the intelligent is a depowered DD

kgkg
That dosn't mean nothing kgkg.

Supes is not a killer like DD is. He don't rip his opponents to pieces.
So Superman didn't want to beat the Gogs? Holding Back?

There was no reason for that the Gogs where all near Supes lvl

Superman did beat many Gogs ........... But the difference was DD was beating them with ease while Supes was............. Struggling.

and DD actually saves Superman

anyway this is Off Topic

Sir Whirlysplat
Not the point

In Gogs war.

Superman was >> Gogs
DD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gogs

He has beating unintelligent DD ? By Force? Don’t think so

and the intelligent is a depowered DD

No intelligent has the same power, just a brain and those Gogs were not the original Gog and had few of his powers.

He beat unintelligent in the Death of Superman, then died smile

golem370

kgkg
No intelligent has the same power, just a brain and those Gogs were not the original Gog and had few of his powers.
I know they were the Original Gog

Can you prove
Not intelligent has the same power?

Avalonofthewind
It's due to Solar absorbtion, after Crisis he will be back to SUPERman rather than Byrnes superMAN smile

Pretty much all of the above, Eradicator upgraded him after his death, his combining with Kismet(which is the reason I believe he can survive the Omega effect now..), the energy from the sundip, Supes slowly mastering his own abilities. Clarks been a busy SUPERman.. smile

Sir Whirlysplat
Means nothing Golem Supes hits harder and needs no hammer smile

Sir Whirlysplat

Can you prove
Not intelligent has the same power?

they were not the original gog smile

They did not get power from the quintessence.

Of course intelligent is the same, he just has a brain with information in it.

kgkg
they were not the original gog smile

They did not get power from the quintessence.

i mean not lol

Last time I check punches didn't put DD down

And isn't DD supposed to evolve beyond punches already.

.............. Again just by the fact that supes put DD with punches ......... shows DD (with brain ) is a depowered one.

Dark Urizen
Sounds like you need to stop talking out of your a$$

You're only speaking out of hype, learning about characters from bios on the internet, being completely illogical, making irrational choices and just flat out lying and generally being a nuisance with a post/thread ratio of 3:1 .
I think YOU my friend are the one that needs to stop talking out of his @ss.

grey fox
My threads always spiral in and out of rationality , it's superb.

Adam Warlock
Doomsday can evole from everything except a strong punch. Punches seem to always put him down.

golem370
I read about everything I post.

Dark Urizen
i mean not lol

Last time I check punches didn't put DD down

And isn't DD supposed to evolve beyond punches already.

.............. Again just by the fact that supes put DD with punches ......... shows DD (with brain ) is a depowered one.

Gog wars Gog wasn't the same beast as in The Kingdom. He wasn't getting larger and stronger when being attacked, and the rod didn't seem as powerful.

As for DD being depowered, not really. He doesn't (as some may think) grow immune to punches or physical force, but rather gains a level of resistance. His level of resistance increased, but so did Superman's output of force. It's reasonable that he can be beaten by force ad infinitum assuming there's no cap on the assailant's power level.

kgkg
Doomsday can evole from everything except a strong punch. Punches seem to always put him down.
When did punches put "DD" down?

Never

The brainless was a weak ass......... Superman was faster ..........Stonger than DD.

which is not the case

DD owned JLA first time
DD owned Superman , Darkseid ( second time)
DD owned many Gogs ( recent One)

kgkg
Gog wars Gog wasn't the same beast as in The Kingdom. He wasn't getting larger and stronger when being attacked, and the rod didn't seem as powerful.

As for DD being depowered, not really. He doesn't (as some may think) grow immune to punches or physical force, but rather gains a level of resistance. His level of resistance increased, but so did Superman's output of force. It's reasonable that he can be beaten by force ad infinitum assuming there's no cap on the assailant's power level.
Ohh my God

I Said Superman >> Gogs

why does it matter that the Gogs were not the Original One?

Ok here

Superman >>"Fake" Gogs ( that's why i say it's fake because Gogs > Superman normally)
DD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>."Fake Gogs"

Dark Urizen
Yeah, my bad. I misread this:

Can you prove

kgkg
sry i meant "Not"

lol

spetznaz
I read about everything I post.

LOL.
Whatever you say.
I do know that some of the posts you make are amazingly weird. For instance the last one where you had ArchEnemy and co versus the entire DC Universe.
:smile:
On the thread I explained how ridiculous it was to place someone like AE against the ENTIRE DCU (especially when you consider that AE was stopped by Nightcrawler ...LOL ....messing up his computer program/spell, allowing Magik to kill AE with her sword).

Now, I'll be honest and say that I actually enjoy the majority of your threads (although the enjoyment is more on a comical level ....something along the lines of a good joke that one doesn't take seriously but all the same enjoys for its comical elements). I especially like when you take a Marvel character and pit him/her/it against overwhelming odds in DC.
Hey, it's alright though .....it is lcearly apparent you are 100% pro-Marvel, and there is nothing wrong with that.
And as I said many of your threads are quite hilarious, thus I am sure they are well received and appreciated (for comical relief).

Kepp on going strong Golem370. Although it might be good to remember just because a character is from Marvel doesn't mean he/she/it will come close to taking out a DC character.
In many cases I'd actually bet against it .....all things being equal.
And there is no way characters like ArchEnemy are going to hold sway over the ENTIRE DCU.

grey fox
Originally posted by spetznaz

Now, I'll be honest and say that I actually enjoy the majority of your threads (although the enjoyment is more on a comical level ....something along the lines of a good joke that one doesn't take seriously but all the same enjoys for its comical elements). I especially like when you take a Marvel character and pit him/her/it against overwhelming odds in DC.
Hey, it's alright though .....it is lcearly apparent you are 100% pro-Marvel, and there is nothing wrong with that.
And as I said many of your threads are quite hilarious, thus I am sure they are well received and appreciated (for comical relief).

Were you talking to me through this portion of the post ?

the Darkone
If Thor really wanted to hurt or kill superman with the hammer he can, like superman he holds back. If they where in a all out battle to the death superman would die from one hit from the hammer. The hammer channels Thor's anger and raw strength and increase it making the blow more devastating when it hits it targets. A full hit from the hammer will knock superman out cooled, it's that powerful.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by the Darkone
If Thor really wanted to hurt or kill superman with the hammer he can, like superman he holds back. If they where in a all out battle to the death superman would die from one hit from the hammer. The hammer channels Thor's anger and raw strength and increase it making the blow more devastating when it hits it targets. A full hit from the hammer will knock superman out cooled, it's that powerful.

If they were in an all out battle Thor wouldn't even get the chance to lift Mjolnir before getting pummeled to oblivion erm

Jose123
It may not be cannon in the timelines but it did use the same Superman and Fantastic Four. Nothing about the characters were different.

I'm not trying to make enemies or anything but why do people on this site insist on using non canon crossovers as proof in their arguments

You people do realize that in a crossover one hero from one company is shown in a greater light or more powerful than he should really be while the other hero or company usually is shown much weaker or Completely out of character

Just take the Spider-man batman crossover
Joker makes Carnage so scared for his life that he briefly loses control of his symbiote which gives Batman enough time to knock him out.

Ask yourself when has Carnage Evered feared for his life. He's not afraid to die but he was written Completely out of character and out of power level because it was a crossover.

Followup question: I know it's canon for DC but has any comic book at marvel even acknowledged the events of the JLA/AVENGERS. Of course it's going to be in the handbook they made money and it was a big event but in order for to be considered canon it has to at least have one mentioned in the comics hell any mentioned would do from any comic at marvel.

Dark Urizen

Followup question: I know it's canon for DC but has any comic book at marvel even acknowledged the events of the JLA/AVENGERS. Of course it's going to be in the handbook they made money and it was a big event but in order for to be considered canon it has to at least have one mentioned in the comics hell any mentioned would do from any comic at marvel.

AFAIK if it's mentioned in a company's handbooks as an event in someone's biography or anything like that, it's considered canon by that certain company.

Sir Whirlysplat

true enough, but many believe Thor has bullet catching super speed.
They are mad of course.

Dark Urizen
true enough, but many believe Thor has bullet catching super speed.
They are mad of course.

1. He doesn't unless i see some proof of that.
2. Superman's speed puts bullets to shame. And i mean reaction + punch + move speed.....not running or flying.....since if he did that inside earth's atmosphere it wouldn't only rip apart the surrounding litosphere (sp?) but also Thor's body sad

Jose123
AFAIK if it's mentioned in a company's handbooks as an event in someone's biography or anything like that, it's considered canon by that certain company.

Really? Thats sort of dumb. So no comic has acknowledged that it even happen yet it's canon?

Like I said of course there going to be in the handbooks they made money and it was an event. There is a difference between having your characters from your company actually acknowledge that the event took place in their lives between mentioning it in a handbook.

spetznaz
Originally posted by grey fox
Were you talking to me through this portion of the post ?

Oh ...no!
Not at all.
The entire thing was for Golem 370.

Sorry if you thought it was directed at you (absolutely nothing was directed at you, although I am curious why you would think that?).
I like your posts BTW.

Take care and have a nice day.

Dark Urizen
Really? Thats sort of dumb. So no comic has acknowledged that it even happen yet it's canon?

Like I said of course there going to be in the handbooks they made money and it was an event. There is a difference between having your characters from your company actually acknowledge that the event took place in their lives between mentioning it in a handbook.

If it's in the character's bio, then ots assumed he knows about it having happened and remembers it. Just doesn't mention it in the following mainstream issues.

Jose123
If it's in the character's bio, then ots assumed he knows about it having happened and remembers it. Just doesn't mention it in the following mainstream issues.

Learn something new everyday.

Dark Urizen
Learn something new everyday.

I meant "it's" not "ots" embarrasment

And it's just logic, that if the events of a crossover are in a character's biography, that they remember them. They're just not mentioned in the following mainstream comics, because it's in no one's interest usually erm

grey fox
bump

RUNMAN
http://www.electricferret.com/fights/hardrain.htm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.