What (if anything) have acts of terrorism changed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
October 23, 2001

President Bush States:

My question to you all is: What (if anything) have acts of terrorism changed? Do you believe various laws enacted by your government have changed things for the better or for the worse. Should they have been enacted, or is that very change itself a defeat? Has your daily routine changed? Your views? Anything

overlord
It made sure that the government of France focused their attention mainly on terrorism instead of poverty thus forcing a revolution out of ignored people.

It has changed mentalities such as treating suspects like already guilty and every naive person has become paranoid.

PVS
terrorism forces our leaders to strip us of our liberties in order to determine who is not republican and thus a threat as we attack dictatorships which have nothing to do with the people who attacked us.

overlord
It also made sure a president could get away with lies for justifying war while ignoring millions of people protesting in the process.

This will create the mentality that people have to use violence to protest as they just get ignored.. Just look at Italy with their major riots.
IMO; it will probably only lead to more terrorism and violence.

soleran30
Originally posted by PVS
terrorism forces our leaders to strip us of our liberties in order to determine who is not republican and thus a threat as we attack dictatorships which have nothing to do with the people who attacked us.

Patriot Act, Patriot Act, Patriot Act..........yeah that was the biggest pile of crap EVER since McCarthy to infringe on liberties and freedoms in the USA.......kiss those private functions goodbye.......they have a right to Snoop now!

Sir Whirlysplat
New Yorks skyline, how tense I feel on the underground. A fair bit has changed due to terrorism.

KidRock
Lol so funny watching anti-bush people struggle to find ways to say how terrorism is even greater now because of the war in Iraq. Yet there hasnt been a 9/11 since

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by KharmaDog
October 23, 2001

President Bush States:

My question to you all is: What (if anything) have acts of terrorism changed? Do you believe various laws enacted by your government have changed things for the better or for the worse. Should they have been enacted, or is that very change itself a defeat? Has your daily routine changed? Your views? Anything

The answer for me is ME. I have changed because of 9-11. I used to be very liberal but now I am more to the middle, because 9-11 has made me think more conservatively.

jaden101
for me, nothing has changed...the only direct affect for me was going to a funeral of a family friend who was killed in Iraq by terrorists while doing private security work

Capt_Fantastic
What has changed, besides how long it takes me to get through an airport? Hummm...

It's given Bush an alomst unilateral authority to do as he pleases in the world, and within this country. All he has to do is mention 9/11 and everyone falls silent and pretends they're standing in the presence of God.

Since it's given Bush and pals the authority to do as they please, US foreign policy has become disturbingly pro-active. In a public relations nightmare, Bush has flipped US foreign policy so that it no longer dissuades terrorism, but gives Islamic fundamentalists an even better reason to dispise us.

There are about 2500 less American soldiers than there were before 9/11

It's tunred just about anyone over the age of 30 into paranoid f--ks.

overlord
Originally posted by KidRock
Lol so funny watching anti-bush people struggle to find ways to say how terrorism is even greater now because of the war in Iraq. Yet there hasnt been a 9/11 since Funny how you only know about the land you live in.
There have been more attempts and attacks after the war in Iraq.
Al Qaeda's whole plan was to provoke America in doing something irrational to anger and bring all Muslim extremists together.

The war in Afghanistan was done quick and effective thus dissapointing the terrorists but fortunately George W Bush was stupid enough to feel lucky and lead yet another war.
This time America lost and gave the terrorists exactly what they wanted.

Osama Bin Laden is probably laughing his ass off in his little hideout.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/icons/v2/icon2.gif

KharmaDog
Originally posted by overlord
Al Qaeda's whole plan was to provoke America in doing something irrational to anger and bring all Muslim extremists together.

The war in Afghanistan was done quick and effective thus dissapointing the terrorists but fortunately George W Bush was stupid enough to feel lucky and lead yet another war.

excellent points

Lana
Lol so funny watching anti-bush people struggle to find ways to say how terrorism is even greater now because of the war in Iraq. Yet there hasnt been a 9/11 since

You fool. Last time I checked it was Bush and his lackeys who are going on about how we could be attacked at any moment, feeding the public fear and allowing themselves to get away with taking away so many of our freedoms.

And for that matter, there HAVE been attacks since 9/11. Or are you one of those people that believe that since it didn't happen in the US it doesn't matter?

PVS
Originally posted by overlord
Funny how you only know about the land you live in.
There have been more attempts and attacks after the war in Iraq.

Osama Bin Laden is probably laughing his ass off in his little hideout.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/icons/v2/icon2.gif

well..bush did say he was a uniter, not a divider

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think you can correlate the rise in Muslim extremism with the rise in Christian fundamentalism. It's almost like the Christians have waged their own series of covert operations intent on disrupting the liberties of the public as an act of retaliation against the more physical attacks from Al-Qaeda, et al.

Both are evils that the world can do without.

eggmayo
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think you can correlate the rise in Muslim extremism with the rise in Christian fundamentalism. It's almost like the Christians have waged their own series of covert operations intent on disrupting the liberties of the public as an act of retaliation against the more physical attacks from Al-Qaeda, et al.

Both are evils that the world can do without.
I agree. Religion does seem to do more harm than good, particularily these two.

overlord
Yes, religion is fine and good in my opinion but taking it so extremely serious is just not the way it was intended.
Well.. Actually it has always been like this but it shouldn't be like that and people in power should also never be too religiously minded but of course unbiasedly.

tabby999

haha, what. Bali was bombed, TWICE, hundreds of Aussies die, not to mention the locals who died or were maimed. London is bombed, dozens die. just because it dosn't happen in the USA dosn't mean it didn't happen. just because your president is the biggest Anti Terror douche to walk the earth dosn't prioritise your nation

fruits
nothing has changed, you cant wage a war against an idea, which is what terrorism is. you can wage a war against a country, and these can easily be won, but when you wage a war on something like terrorism, how do you win, honestly? when there's no more terrorists in the world? haha, yeah right like that's ever gonna happen. bush dug himself a huge ass hole here, but he cant just hop out, he has to fill it back up. or maybe just dig until he hits china, whichever he chooses. finish what he started.

meep-meep
Originally posted by KharmaDog
October 23, 2001

President Bush States:

Acts of terrorism, limited to the planes striking the Wotld Trade towers and later, have definitely changed the perceptions or gave a bad first impression to many people who didn't know much if anything about the Islamic culture and religion to begin with, my self-included.

Imagawa666
I blame religious divisions for this whole mess.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Imagawa666
I blame religious divisions for this whole mess.

Or instead of blaming religion you could blame the people who pervert them for their own selfish needs. Like both Islamic and Christian fundamentalists so often do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.