Who is this "God" that you speak of?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xyz jedi
What did God do that's so great?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by xyz jedi

The answer I will give you is something you might not expect.

God, the way I see it, is all of the universe including you and me. All of the future and past, all that is seen and not seen, is God.

So, what have you done that is so great?

xyz jedi
How can someone be everything? I'm not everything, you're not everything, so what makes him so great mad

Shakyamunison
How can someone be everything? I'm not everything, you're not everything, so what makes him so great mad

Don't be mad...

Someone can't be everything but someone can be part of everything. God is the everything that you are part of. So, what you do in your life is God doing. I do not believe in the limited bible god, so do not be confused, I am talking about Christianity.

xyz jedi
wtf?
God=bullshit
Bible=Bullshit
Alabama=Bullshit

Shakyamunison
wtf?
God=bullshit
Bible=Bullshit
Alabama=Bullshit

I that case...

You = bullshit
Me = bullshit

If that is how you wish to see your life, that is fine with me. big grin

xyz jedi
WHO THE FVCK IS GOD!?!?!?

Shakyamunison

You are... laughing

debbiejo
Yeah WE ARE

Alabama?

TigerEyes
god is a figure in someone minds from thousands of years ago...and well we've convienced ourselves he is this all might being when really he is some crazy person imaginary friend.
LOL! okay no....god is a symbol of control and brainwash made up to control the destiny of populations. Satan is a symbol of power NOT EVIL! So yah....

debbiejo
Originally posted by TigerEyes
god is a figure in someone minds from thousands of years ago...and well we've convienced ourselves he is this all might being when really he is some crazy person imaginary friend.
LOL! okay no....god is a symbol of control and brainwash made up to control the destiny of populations. Satan is a symbol of power NOT EVIL! So yah.... Polarities are what we have....Not 2 beings.....We are both, It's just what you choice to create, not the imaginary god of the bible, nor satan.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Polarities are what we have....Not 2 beings.....We are both, It's just what you choice to create, not the imaginary god of the bible, nor satan.

pray Your wisdom is staggering, or is it just me.drunk

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
pray Your wisdom is staggering, or is it just me.drunk

NO, it's me tooooooooooooooodrunk

I'm so much god.........that it scares me sometimes... confused

Shakyamunison
NO, it's me tooooooooooooooodrunk

I'm so much god.........that it scares me sometimes... confused

It scares me too. eek! laughing

debbiejo
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Don't be afraid...............come closer.....

If only people knew....What they are I mean.

Shakyamunison
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Don't be afraid...............come closer.....

If only people knew....What they are I mean.

NO! stick out tongue

debbiejo
But they should know....*whispers*....We are all part of god...angel_not

Whether good or bad... yes

sonnet

HE IS THE ONE YOU WILL BOW DOWN TO ONE DAY AND BEG FOR MERCY!

debbiejo
If you compare this analogy; god created all things, and has breathed life into it. So we are part of what god is. Would god throw part's of it's self into hell?...It would be like me cutting my arm off and throwing it into hell because it was not perfect...God wouldn't throw part of it's self into hell, and ,my arm shouldn't beg the rest of me to stay...

tax
If you compare this analogy; god created all things, and has breathed life into it. So we are part of what god is. Would god throw part's of it's self into hell?...It would be like me cutting my arm off and throwing it into hell because it was not perfect...God wouldn't throw part of it's self into hell, and ,my arm shouldn't beg the rest of me to stay...

debbiejo, you seem to believe in god. What makes you think he exists?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by tax
debbiejo, you seem to believe in god. What makes you think he exists?

Let me pipe in here, her understanding of God is similar to mine. I know this because we have disused it in length. First, God is not a he or she. Secondly, God is the life energy that is the vibration of the universe. Therefore, to ask if God exists is to ask do you exist.

debbiejo
Yep, yep....It the connection of all the visible and invisible, and it's various vibrations that all is, which is what quantum physics talks about. We are all part of it....Energy cannot be destroyed...NEVER, it only changes from one form to another.....Everything is connected at the sub particle level, photons, sooooooooo...we are part of what we would consider god to be....We are parts of it....Just like your cells are part of the "You" as a whole......

ushomefree
Even a bottle of ketchup is god. I'm so relieved.

http://www.apologetics.com/default.jsp?bodycontent=/articles/theistic_apologetics/ross-teleology.html

ushomefree
debbiejo

Do you check your "private messages" inbox?

debbiejo
Originally posted by ushomefree
debbiejo

Do you check your "private messages" inbox? Yes I do...why did you send me something.??

OH, and that link is long too...I'm reading through it...

And I never said that things just plopped down...I do believe what I would call god is very intelligent....At the sub atomic level of photons there is an intelligence, they think, they react with us visibly and invisibly...It's really cool, and we all, including the bottle of ketchup are made of them..

ushomefree
debbiejo

Yes, the link is long. It is discussing a heavy topic; a lenghty read should be expected. Take your time with it.

About your "private messages," I will send you something. Or, more accurately, ask you for something. Take care.

debbiejo
OK smile

tax
Let me pipe in here, her understanding of God is similar to mine. I know this because we have disused it in length. First, God is not a he or she. Secondly, God is the life energy that is the vibration of the universe. Therefore, to ask if God exists is to ask do you exist.

So, where did you and debbiejo get this idea that we are god or in other words , we are a part of this energy?

debbiejo
Well Shaky is a Buddhist...I started out reading some Quantum physics books and sites, then researched many different spiritual views......I am not a Buddhist however.

Reading about the many experiments done in the quantum wave theories, particle theories really did it for me....Everything made much more since...Everything is connected at the smallest particle photon, there is intelligence to it, we are all part of it, and we can manipulate it or I should say influence it...It's quite interesting....What I would consider a god is much larger than a book or a set of rules...It just wouldn't make since....

Though I was raised Christian and stayed one for many many years......I've since changed my views, of only these people get to heaven, and the rest go to hell.............Just doesn't make since.

I took a test and found that some of my thought comes from what is labled as "New Age" ....But the whole idea of New Age encompasses so much and I really don't know much about that religion or beliefs since I haven't read any books on it.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by tax
So, where did you and debbiejo get this idea that we are god or in other words , we are a part of this energy?

Were did you get the idea that we are not? confused

I have always known this.

AOR

Well depends who you ask. Ask me and I will tell you that he created the universe that you live in. Gave you the opportunity and life to be asking this question. Has granted that you may wear the clothes on your back and type on the computor before you. But most of all, he gave his one and only son so that you might one day live and party in his presence. In my opinion he is a good God. thumbup

GhostDance

Sounds a bit like your quoting the only faith worth believing in...Star Wars...

"The force is an energy field, it surrounds us, it binds us....."

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by GhostDance
Sounds a bit like your quoting the only faith worth believing in...Star Wars...

"The force is an energy field, it surrounds us, it binds us....."

The Star Wars "force" is loosely based on Buddhism.

GhostDance
Sounds a better system than do as your told or big nasty deity will be unhappy. Or Christianity by its proper title.

Shakyamunison
Sounds a better system than do as your told or big nasty deity will be unhappy. Or Christianity by its proper title.

That is one of the reasons I became a Buddhist.

GhostDance
I became a realist. Easier to spell.

Shakyamunison
I became a realist. Easier to spell.

laughing Most everything is difficult for me to spell. big grin

GhostDance
Oops sorry Christians can't have spells in your forums. What with Magic being a sin.

AOR
Oops sorry Christians can't have spells in your forums. What with Magic being a sin.

Oh great, another n00b come to tell us what we can and can not have....

debbiejo
But magic is considered a sin for sure. Though I do believe there are true miracles, and some would consider that magic. wink

AOR
But magic is considered a sin for sure. Though I do believe there are true miracles, and some would consider that magic. wink

Well I'm sure "magical" moments aren't sins.

tax
Were did you get the idea that we are not? confused

I have always known this.

You have known this after reading the Buddist scriptures? What makes this different from other religions?

debbiejo
Originally posted by tax
You have known this after reading the Buddist scriptures? What makes this different from other religions? Interesting.

markie
Polarities are what we have....Not 2 beings.....We are both, It's just what you choice to create, not the imaginary god of the bible, nor satan. Were you really ever a christian? I guess you were but sometimes I wonder.

debbiejo
Originally posted by markie
Were you really ever a christian? I guess you were but sometimes I wonder. Why why why do people keep asking me this............................Yes, I was and very faithful. I knew all the scriptures, and did as I should do.

InvisibleAngell

He created the heavens,earth and us,and he created Jesus so that he could die to save us from hell,that if we believe in him we shall not perish

FACTmessedhall means WILL NOT or WILL
it means that it will most definatly happen

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by InvisibleAngell
He created the heavens,earth and us,and he created Jesus so that he could die to save us from hell,that if we believe in him we shall not perish

FACTmessedhall means WILL NOT or WILL
it means that it will most definatly happen

Prove it.

InvisibleAngell
First off,a normal human cannot prove it,you must see a miracle yourself,I don't have to prove it,miracles are happening everyday

Adam_PoE
First off,a normal human cannot prove it,you must see a miracle yourself,I don't have to prove it,miracles are happening everyday

If you cannot prove your claim, then you do not know that it is true, you simply believe that it is true.

InvisibleAngell
stick out tongue whatever

Shakyamunison
stick out tongue whatever

Your faith is like a shield, with it you can never loose, but it is a heavy shield and with it you can never win.

InvisibleAngell
A shield is meant to protect you duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Shakyamunison
A shield is meant to protect you duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sense my metaphors did not help you, I will be straight forward.
Blind faith allows other to control you.

InvisibleAngell
Well then it's a good thing I know for sure

Shakyamunison
Well then it's a good thing I know for sure

How can you tell? You might be the blind man.

What is the difference between a blind man and one with his eyes closed?

InvisibleAngell
ummm....nothing?

Shakyamunison
ummm....nothing?

I see...

Bardock42
Reminds me of Oolon Colluphid's controversial trilogy of philosophical blockbusters "Where God went wrong", "Some more of God's greatest mistakes" and "Who is this God Person Anyway".

Shakyamunison

debbiejo
Who is this god?........Something we can't even discuss, because our knowledge and experience is too limited...Though we are parts of what is, we can never truly understand all there is, but by dieing.

Bardock42

Mindship
...we can never truly understand all there is, but by dieing.

Some would say even dying won't do it, cuz one hasn't learned enough during one lifetime for the drop to have truly "returned" to the ocean.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bardock42
Zaphod. Yes that was pretty funny...in the book at least.

I first heard it on the radio play. I would love to have a copy of that radio play.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
Some would say even dying won't do it, cuz one hasn't learned enough during one lifetime for the drop to have truly "returned" to the ocean.

Becoming the Buddha of love is difficult for those who have mastered being a Buddha of hate.

Bardock42
I first heard it on the radio play. I would love to have a copy of that radio play.

I own them on CD...they are pretty hilarious. I think they are available one multiple file sharing programs if you really want them.

Inspectah Deck

Create everything

wtf?
God=bullshit
Bible=Bullshit
Alabama=Bullshit

You must be an atheist....

InvisibleAngell
^
what are you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.