HK-47 vs The Emperor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Escape81
Okay, I haven't played KOTOR in for-fricken-ever. A discussion on Revan's Empire vs. The Galactic Empire prompted me to make this. Sorry if I seem a bit perplexed, but I have forgotten all about this droid's skills.

Fishy says he can take Emperor Palpatine. Is this true?

Setting: Death Star II

Fishy
In the second Death Star? Ha he doesn't stand a chance...

He will be discovered before he even gets to Palpatine and if he would reach Palpatine the people there will spot him.

HK can take Palpatine if he's lucky and has a lot of things working for him. HK is good but I don't think he could take Palpatine in the Death Star.

Although he might be able to fly up in the shaft Palpatine went down in and then shoot him in the back, gas him or launch a dozen thermal detonators. The chances of him winning however are extremely small. On the other hand I don't see it past HK to just blow up the entire Death Star to get to Palps.

Escape81
No Stormtroopers, security sensors, Vader, disciples, Hands, or blasters are alloted to Palpatine. This is strictly between him and the Emperor.

exanda kane
pardon?

Escape81
I wanted it made clear that Sidious can't use his henchmen in this duel.

Ianus
Um... Is HK sporting a Mandalorian Ripper Assault Rifle or something? That would be heavily in his favor, but I don't think a droid could destroy a Sith Lord.

Fishy
Probably not, but he might find a way to Ambush Sidious I wouldn't see it past him. Its unlikely that he would win but far from impossible especially in this situation.

ssj3gohan007
sidious will outsmart the bot, chances are he may have forseen these events and will counter any assassination attempt made by the bot.

exanda kane
He would have encountered many assasination attempts during his reign, but come on...this is HK were talking about.

In a straight fight he would get uber fried by Sidious' lightning, but I doubt even Sidious could comprehend what goes on in that bastard droids mind/hard-drive thingme.

kamikz
The astromech droid (T3 or something) took him out by using a droid stunner or some sort of lightning. Sidious lightning would probably fry him in no time.

ssj3gohan007
Originally posted by kamikz
The astromech droid (T3 or something) took him out by using a droid stunner or some sort of lightning. Sidious lightning would probably fry him in no time.

yes i agree with you

exanda kane
Did you see what that one HK droid done to Peragus? And this ones a bad mofo aswell. He would lose in an open fight but would probably end up bumping off most of the Imperial Government while at it.

Fishy
Originally posted by exanda kane
Did you see what that one HK droid done to Peragus? And this ones a bad mofo aswell. He would lose in an open fight but would probably end up bumping off most of the Imperial Government while at it.

Which shows that an HK droid has an amazing ability to learn and great skills with computers and whatever. He might be able to do some very effective things at the Death Star and pretty much take it out before anybody notices that he's more then just a normal droid. But on the other hand he might be discovered and killed.

And if he's fighting Palpatine alone, Palp must know he is there and you can bet your ass off he has a lot of security things build in the Death Star to make sure he doesn't just die.

ssj3gohan007
yeh well so the bottomline is palpy survives

exanda kane
Not necessarily if you understood what was implied above.

kamikz
I think Escape didn't want any security stuff or things to get in the way, just a plain normal battle with Sidious against HK, and took the death star just for it's looks. And I don't think his intentions to this battle was if HK could blow up the Death Star or not. Am I right?

Anyway, I don't see how HK is going to avoid Sidious force lightning, it will probably destroy him right away and we havent seen anyone dodge it really. He could do it with one hand and deflect with the other. He could also pull in his guns.

Although HK is the best assassin droid ever I don't think he stands a chance to the power of the Emperor.
Or did I miss something special that HK could do against him?

Fishy
I think Escape didn't want any security stuff or things to get in the way, just a plain normal battle with Sidious against HK, and took the death star just for it's looks. And I don't think his intentions to this battle was if HK could blow up the Death Star or not. Am I right?

Anyway, I don't see how HK is going to avoid Sidious force lightning, it will probably destroy him right away and we havent seen anyone dodge it really. He could do it with one hand and deflect with the other. He could also pull in his guns.

Although HK is the best assassin droid ever I don't think he stands a chance to the power of the Emperor.
Or did I miss something special that HK could do against him?

No in a straight up battle HK is dead no questions asked. If he would walk towards Palpatine he is just dead.

He might have had a chance if the Death Star was operational and he had time on his hands, he could have perhaps figured out a way to take down much of the star and destroy Palpatine from the inside out without anybody finding out. I don't see it passed him to succeed with a mission like that.

kamikz
Oh I see, well in that case I agree with you.

Darth_Glentract
It depends. The only way to kill a powerful force user like that is to shoot them repeatedly or stab them in the back.

I think that Sidious would be able to sense HK. He has no force ability to hide his intentions and Sidious is relatively perceptive. HK would shoot at him, Sidious would block the blaster bolt with his hands, then rip HK in half with a shrug.

Fishy
You can read the minds of droids now? Besides trained Jedi didn't manage to do that, so I don't think Sidious would be able to, if you can read the minds of droids you can be sure HK has some form of protection against it. And I don't think he's stupid enough to just shoot Sidious in the back, at least I hope not. It would be really cheap if it would work and well be really stupid if it didn't.

exanda kane
There all a bit direct for HK-47. He would be very subtle with Palpatine, something like changing the oxygen levels in the Death Star etc. (I know he'd survive but something along these lines).

This post does derive from Escape wrongly thinking that me and Fishy though HK would defeat Sidious in a straight fight. That thread referred that Revan would have to assasinate Sidious and other Imperial dignitaries, "assasinate" not kill.

kamikz
I don't think he could read HK's mind, but he could probably deflect anything he throws at him. He can still sense where he is going to shoot (example Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs Battle droids) and can still feel him (Exile being taught by Kreia to use the force).

overlord
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
It depends. The only way to kill a powerful force user like that is to shoot them repeatedly or stab them in the back.

I think that Sidious would be able to sense HK. He has no force ability to hide his intentions and Sidious is relatively perceptive. HK would shoot at him, Sidious would block the blaster bolt with his hands, then rip HK in half with a shrug. I think blocking blaster bolts with bare hands is a little bit too far-fetched for jedi and sith. Sidious can probably be shot to death.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by overlord
I think blocking blaster bolts with bare hands is a little bit too far-fetched for jedi and sith. Sidious can probably be shot to death.

Lesser Jedi(Corran Horn with only a few weeks of training) was able to withstand the explosion from high powered bombs. Sidious is certainly more powerful than he was at that time and Corran absorbed more energy than a single blaster bolt worth.

exanda kane
Lets not get ahead of ourselves...

Sidious would absolutedly fry HK in a staright fight - but theres is a strong possibility that HK would kill or seriously harm Sidious if he attempted to assasinate him in the Death Star.

overlord
Lesser Jedi(Corran Horn with only a few weeks of training) was able to withstand the explosion from high powered bombs. Sidious is certainly more powerful than he was at that time and Corran absorbed more energy than a single blaster bolt worth. That's a good point though. Certainly worth remembering for further threads.

Darth_Glentract
Lets not get ahead of ourselves...

Sidious would absolutedly fry HK in a staright fight - but theres is a strong possibility that HK would kill or seriously harm Sidious if he attempted to assasinate him in the Death Star.

How? Sidious is very perceptive and will be able to sense an attack. That and his ability to stop blaster bolts will make him able to thwart any attack.

ssj3gohan007
yeh realistically sidious has this

jollyjim311
It's not about Sidious, he can't win, there is nothing to win. It's weather HK could plan an assassination or not.

I think the Emperor would foresee it and stop him, however. He would foresee it then fry HK.

Blind Guardian
Lesser Jedi(Corran Horn with only a few weeks of training) was able to withstand the explosion from high powered bombs. Sidious is certainly more powerful than he was at that time and Corran absorbed more energy than a single blaster bolt worth.

This doesn't follow. If Person A can withstand an explosion and Person B is more powerful, naturally Person B can withstand an explosion? No, not neccessarily.

Corran Horn was not trained as a Sith, and I find it doubtful that a Sith Lord would have extensive training in the art of Living Through Bombs. Also, you're sampling. Just because one neo-jedi can survive explosions doesn't mean a Sith Lord from an era before his can do the same.

ssj3gohan007
that makes sense

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Blind Guardian
This doesn't follow. If Person A can withstand an explosion and Person B is more powerful, naturally Person B can withstand an explosion? No, not neccessarily.

Corran Horn was not trained as a Sith, and I find it doubtful that a Sith Lord would have extensive training in the art of Living Through Bombs. Also, you're sampling. Just because one neo-jedi can survive explosions doesn't mean a Sith Lord from an era before his can do the same.

Does Corran Horn have training against living through bombs though? Sidious has demonstrated greater control over a greater amount of energy(force lightning) and energy absorption is a common feat for Jedi in the KOTOR-era. It's not my personal sampling.

ssj3gohan007
your right

Blind Guardian
Does Corran Horn have training against living through bombs though? Sidious has demonstrated greater control over a greater amount of energy(force lightning) and energy absorption is a common feat for Jedi in the KOTOR-era. It's not my personal sampling.

You don't get the point--- you need to prove where Sidious has shown this ability or has found knowledge of it. I can just as easily say that Naga Sadow can create illusionary armies in the thousands thus Marka Ragnos and Simus can do the same because they are considered stronger, or that Nadd can freeze the entire senate because he is considered stronger than Kun.

Strength doesn't correlate to ability in all cases.

And for the record, HK would lose.

jollyjim311
ssj3gohan007: I agree. Yeah you are right. That sounds good. (If he goes out on a limb) Probably (woo, bad ass).

You are such a suck up.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Blind Guardian
You don't get the point--- you need to prove where Sidious has shown this ability or has found knowledge of it. I can just as easily say that Naga Sadow can create illusionary armies in the thousands thus Marka Ragnos and Simus can do the same because they are considered stronger, or that Nadd can freeze the entire senate because he is considered stronger than Kun.

Strength doesn't correlate to ability in all cases.

And for the record, HK would lose.

I have proved it, you just missed it.

"...Sidious has demonstrated greater control over a greater amount of energy(force lightning)..."

ssj3gohan007
Yes you should not underestimate Sidious, ok?

Blind Guardian
That's not proof at all. That would be like saying Yoda can make a basket using the Force just because he can lift a starship.

Explosions do not equal force lightning.

Darth_Glentract
It does equal manipulation of energy to a high degree though.

Blind Guardian
Different kinds of energy. One's kinetic, the other electrical. You honestly think that because Sidious can shoot lightning from his fingertips that he can survive an explosion? By this logic a sniper can survive a gutwound because he can shoot people in the temple.

Darth_Glentract
When did I say that he could survive an explosion? I said he could block blaster bolts because he can manipulate energy.

Force Lightning: Thermal Energy, Light energy, electrical energy
Blaster Bolt: Light Energy, Thermal Energy, possibly electrical energy

Blind Guardian
When did I say that he could survive an explosion? I said he could block blaster bolts because he can manipulate energy.

Force Lightning: Thermal Energy, Light energy, electrical energy
Blaster Bolt: Light Energy, Thermal Energy, possibly electrical energy

What is this nonsense?

Force lightning isn't thermal energy. If it was, Luke would be cooked. He was directly hit for over half a minute. Also, Force lightning doesn't act like lightning when it strikes a person.

Electrical discharge from lightning tends to travel over the surface of the body and causes respiratory arrest. From a mains circuit the damage is more likely to be internal, leading to cardiac arrest. With line currents above 2 milliamperes there can be a muscular spasm which causes the affected person to grip and be unable to release from the current source. It is believed that human lethality is most common with AC current at 100-250 volts, as lower voltages can fail to overcome body resistance while with higher voltages the victim's muscular contractions are often severe enough to cause them to recoil (although there will be considerable burn damage). Damage due to current is through tissue heating and interference with nervous control, especially over the heart. Fibrillation can be induced (and removed) by 10 mA, although, oddly, with higher currents (20 mA and above) contractions in muscles around the heart can actually prevent the heart from fibrillating. Tissue heating due to resistance can cause extensive and deep burns. Other issues affecting lethality are frequency, which is an issue in causing cardiac arrest or muscular spasms, and pathway - if the current passes through the chest or head there is an increased chance of death.

See also

Here's what Reference.com has to say about lightning as it applies to humans being struck...

Nearly 2000 persons per year in the world are injured by lightning strikes, and between 25 to 33 per cent of those struck die. Lightning injuries result from three factors: electrical damage, intense heat, and the mechanical energy which these generate. While sudden death is common due to the huge voltage of a lightning strike, survivors often fare better than victims of other electrical injuries which result in a more prolonged application of lesser voltage.
People may be hit in several different ways. In a direct hit the electrical charge strikes the victim first. Counterintuitively, if the victim's skin resistance is high enough, much of the current will flash around the skin or clothing to the ground, resulting in a surprisingly benign outcome. Splash hits occur when lightning effectively bounces off a nearby object and strikes the victim en route to ground. Ground stikes, in which the bolt lands near the victim and is conducted through the victim via his grounded feet or other body part, can cause great damage.

The most critical injuries are to the circulatory system, the lungs, and the central nervous system. Many victims suffer immediate cardiac arrest and will not survive without prompt emergency care, which, it is worth noting, is safe to administer, due to the fact that the victim will not retain any electrical charge after the lightning has struck. (Of course, the helper could be struck by a separate bolt of lightning in the vicinity.) Others incur myocardial infarction and various cardiac arrhythmias, either of which can be rapidly fatal as well. The intense heat generated by a lightning strike can cause lung damage, and the chest can be damaged by the mechanical force of rapidly expanding heated air. Either the electrical or the mechanical force can result in loss of consciousness, which is very common immediately after a strike. Amnesia and confusion of varying duration often result as well. A complete physical examination by paramedics or physicians may reveal ruptured eardrums, and ocular cataracts may develop, sometimes more than a year after an otherwise uneventful recovery.

From Reference.com

And really, blasters are made up of thermal energy, light energy, and possible electrical energy? Let's not jump to conclusions here.

Here's what the official site has to say...

The basic blaster technology of intensifying a beam of light into a deadly bolt is scalable, and largely the same despite the differences in weapon types and sizes. The interior mechanisms of a tiny hold-out blaster, a blaster pistol, a large blaster rifle, and a turbolaser cannon are based on the same theories and principles. A squeeze of a trigger emits volatile blaster gas into a conversion chamber, where it is excited by energy from the weapon's power source. The agitated gas is then funneled through the actuating blaster module, where it is processed into an intense particle beam. A prismatic crystal focuses the beam, and passes it through a refinement chamber which "galvens" the beam into its final bolt.

It's a particle beam. Intense one at that, but a particle beam.

A particle beam is an accelerated stream of atoms or subatomic particles (often moving at very near the speed of light) directed by magnets and focused by lenses. A natural analog to particle beams is lightning, where electrons flow from negatively charged clouds to positively charged clouds or the earth.

So yes, lightning and a particle beam weapon would be similar. But Force lightning is NOT lightning, despite its name and appearance, and because it does not behave as lightning should, it is foolish to assume one who can create Force Lightning can absorb or reflect blaster bolts, especially with no evidence of doing such before.

Darth_Glentract
What exactly is it that seperates force lightning from "regular" lightning?

jollyjim311
The only reason it acts different is for the movies and dramatic effect.

Darth_Glentract
He hasn't even shown how it acted differently. It flashed over his body like regulare lightning would. I don't see the problem.

jollyjim311
Well, it causes muscle spasms, and locked joints, in Ep. III Mace wouldn't have been able to stand... Whatever...

Darth_Glentract
It does that in normal people. Being a Jedi, he was absorbing most of it probably, allowing him to still stand.

Blind Guardian
First reread this:

It is believed that human lethality is most common with AC current at 100-250 volts, as lower voltages can fail to overcome body resistance while with higher voltages the victim's muscular contractions are often severe enough to cause them to recoil (although there will be considerable burn damage). Damage due to current is through tissue heating and interference with nervous control, especially over the heart.

What part of that eluded you? Or the rest?

Tissue heating due to resistance can cause extensive and deep burns

Fibrillation can be induced (and removed) by 10 mA, although, oddly, with higher currents (20 mA and above) contractions in muscles around the heart can actually prevent the heart from fibrillating. . Other issues affecting lethality are frequency, which is an issue in causing cardiac arrest or muscular spasms, and pathway - if the current passes through the chest or head there is an increased chance of death

Did Luke look like he was cooked to you? Was he smoking and his heart destroyed? When did he lose consciousness? He was being shocked for half a minute! If it was operating under the same principles as electricity(Or God forbid- lightning!) he would be DEAD.

Or was it dramatic effect? Are you going to argue that Sidious can absorb blaster bolts because they are scientifically similar to lightning, but that Force lightning doesn't act like lighting (Though it still IS lightning apparently) due to dramatic effect?

Darth_Glentract
He is a Jedi. He was absorbing the lightning, hence unburned and no destroyed heart.

Notice that after Dooku hit Anakin in ep2 you can see a little smoke.

ssj3gohan007
Force Lightning may well be very similar if not equal to a powerful lightning bolt strike. Because you have to keep in mind jedi are not regular people infact some of the jedi are bloody aliens ok aliens which cannot be related to human anatomy at all. The jedi's use the force for healing and absorbtion and resistance. thats why they reacted like they did.

kingkman
Force lightning is basically the ability to summon and manipulate electricity. The speed and power of the electricity varies with the force power of the individual using it. And Blind Guardian, you must be dumb. Of cource force lightning gives off thermal, light and electrical energy.

ssj3gohan007
actually i researched force lightning, it does slowly superheat the victom, and does a hell of alot of damage especially if its prolonged.

overlord
Originally posted by ssj3gohan007
actually i researched force lightning, it does slowly superheat the victom, and does a hell of alot of damage especially if its prolonged. Beh.. Mace was immediately blown away. Luke didn't suffer any lasting damage.
Point is.. you just can't say much about force lightning in general.

ssj3gohan007
there is alot of mystery to it but point is its very powerful

Darth Traya
Hk-47 says himself that planning an attack on Jedi or Sith is stupid. HK would spontaneously attack Sidious with little planning.

ssj3gohan007
then he would lose

Darth Traya
Why? Palpatine cannot sense something that won't happen.

ssj3gohan007
what do you mean?

Escape81
Well, I just re-played KOTOR again. There's no way in hell that HK-47 could take out the Emperor. Palpatine is powerful in the Force, more so than any sub-par Jedi that HK took out. He's also quicker than the droid - and his lightsaber would be very nice against him.

Makes me wonder why Fishy proposed that he could in the first place.

exanda kane
Im sorry Escape , not meaning to be rude, but have you actually any of the early posts?

Escape81
Yep. Which is why I said 'in the first place'.

exanda kane
I find it hard to believe you thought Fishy meant a straight fight. I mean he was saying it to you, no one else.

Fishy
I didn't mean a straight fight ever, HK wouldn't stand a chance in a straight fight.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by Escape81
Okay, I haven't played KOTOR in for-fricken-ever. A discussion on Revan's Empire vs. The Galactic Empire prompted me to make this. Sorry if I seem a bit perplexed, but I have forgotten all about this droid's skills.

Fishy says he can take Emperor Palpatine. Is this true?

Setting: Death Star II I'd say palpy'd beat HK but revan's empire would win hands down. Because there is a rebellion, but then again Sids has Vader.

Kaithen
The emperor

Kaithen
Hk has no chance

mace=badass
The Emperor..........

Lightsnake
Even if it was an attempted assassination, Palpatine is extremely precognitive...HK, being a droid, is very vulnerable to the force as well. In all likelihoods, this is one dead droid no matter what.

Fishy
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Even if it was an attempted assassination, Palpatine is extremely precognitive...HK, being a droid, is very vulnerable to the force as well. In all likelihoods, this is one dead droid no matter what.

He's brilliant but his ability to see the future is somewhat lacking at times, and I doubt he will be able to see through HK-47 who has shown more then enough ability to preform other functions if its needed. And he isn't going to check everything on the Death Star... Its still very likely that HK will fail, its going to be damned hard to asssassinate somebody like Sidious but not entirely impossible, if the Death Star still has people in it there will probably be a really high casualty rate before HK gets shot.

Lightsnake
It's only truly lacking involving force users like the Skywalkers or Yoda-those the lightside would favor. As for people in the Death Star...one shot of an ion cannon and HK's done.

Fishy
Originally posted by Lightsnake
It's only truly lacking involving force users like the Skywalkers or Yoda-those the lightside would favor. As for people in the Death Star...one shot of an ion cannon and HK's done.

Well yeah, but that goes everywhere. If HK has the time however if he can just do what assassins do he could do a lot of damage to well everything around him, most likely not kill Palpatine but still do a lot of damage. And you aren't honestly going to tell me that you think Palpatine is constantly checking for traitors or assassins on his ship, and trying to feel the emotions of every single last person and droid there, if its even possible to feel the programming of a droid.

Lightsnake
I doubt he'd have to...if something was up, he'd get an instinctive warning

Kaithen
Fishy im sorry to ask this but are u a HK fan boy?
In the game he is kinda weak and a Sith lord would kill him instantly

kamikz
Fishy has said that in a straight up fight HK will lose badly, but in an assassination attempt (like a sneak attack) HK has a chance of winning.

Lightsnake
A tiny chance, but a chance, I suppose

kamikz
Yeah, Mace was taken out by some thugs when he wasent prepared, I guess one of the best assassin droids could threaten Palpatine.

Fishy
Well not a big chance, assassinating somebody like Palpatine is going to incredibly hard, even for a skilled assassin like HK.

Lightsnake
When was Mace taken out by thugs?

kamikz
Shatterpoint.

Who said anything about a big chance?

exanda kane
This thread only started beause Escape didn't believe that HK-47 would have any chance whatsoever, when in fact he does have a slim chance of assasinating him.

Lightsnake
Anyone has a chance. However, a feasible chance is anyother story completely

Great Vengeance
Theres a very slim chance yes, being a force-user while powerful can still be taken down by a lucky blaster shot.

Fishy
He wouldn't use a blaster, he'd use the Death Star itself as the weapon like HK-50 did against the miners.

kamikz
He used the death star on the miners?? stick out tongue

JK.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Fishy
He wouldn't use a blaster, he'd use the Death Star itself as the weapon like HK-50 did against the miners.

While they were currently on the death star? I guess I missed something I dunno. I was supporting you anyways if you didnt see it.

DarthMaul9123
he's also an old droid model so one force storm from palps will shock his cerciuts for sure

Fishy
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
he's also an old droid model so one force storm from palps will shock his cerciuts for sure

A newer model would die just as fast. Lightning tends to hurt droids...

exanda kane
He used the death star on the miners?? stick out tongue

JK.

Even if that was a joke, just to clarify for anyone; a HK model managed to kill 150 people without interference on the Peragus mining facility via disrupting mining droids, gas vents etc. etc. etc.

kamikz
Yes JK stands for just kidding. Why did you quote mine to say that???

Kaithen
Sorry fishy.... well its hard but like yoda i think phalfatin would have reflexes to take up his lightsaber and defends him self, but the blaster could be real powerfull and maybe AK would take the high ground, still i think phalfatin could kill him...

exanda kane
Yes JK stands for just kidding. Why did you quote mine to say that???

God. When you lose this inane sense you seem to posses that allows you to post the most idiotic responses I will be a happy man. Read the damn post. It quite clearly says "just to clarify for anyone", now I'm guessing this is aimed at everyone apart from you, since you wrote JK. Do you understand now?

And Kaithen, yours is probably a one off post but don't post something like that which has already been discussed. Yes Palpatine in most, almost all circumstances, would fry HK-47, however there is a slim chance that "AK" (HK-47 I assume) would be able to take out Palpatine, although most likely he would destroy half the Death Star and end up as spare parts.

kamikz
Whoa calm down.

I misunderstood, you were talking about what the HK droid did on Peragus so I wonderd why you quoted my post who was a joke. You said "even if that was a joke" so I assumed you didn't know, that's why I posted what JK stood for.

Lord Rikyl
Ok... If the Exile was able to take out numerous HK models, why would Palpatine have a problem at ALL taking out one?

exanda kane
Originally posted by Lord Rikyl
Ok... If the Exile was able to take out numerous HK models, why would Palpatine have a problem at ALL taking out one?

Because KOTOR 2 would be quite a crappy game if you get assasinated on an abandoned mining station at the beginning of the game.

And Kamikz, I'm still in fits of laughter at what you said.

kamikz
If you wanted to tell everyone that a HK droid could kill all the miners by hacking into computers and stuff, you should have quoted Fishys post, " he'd use the death star itself as a weapon, just like he did on the miners" to clearafy for people, not my joke, "So he'd use the death star on the miners"?. Anyone could clearly see it was a joke.

Lord Rikyl
Because KOTOR 2 would be quite a crappy game if you get assasinated on an abandoned mining station at the beginning of the game.

And Kamikz, I'm still in fits of laughter at what you said. Dude come on... a Sith Lord vs. a silly droid?

It's no contest.

kamikz
He doesent mean in a straight up fight, he means in an assassination attempt (if I get it right).

Lord Rikyl
Ah, ok. Still... Wouldn't Sidious be able to sense it coming?

kamikz
Well that's what most people are arguing. I don't know really. AS Fishy said, Sidious is good at that ability but sometimes it's lacking.

Lord Rikyl
I agree. If HK was using a blaster or something like that, then Sidious could just redirect the fire. I still think he'd take this.

kamikz
HK could also (as posted far above) use the death star as a weapon, meaning he would for example disable walkways, blowing reactors and stuff, anything to disable Sidious or trap Sidious.

Lord Rikyl
Trap Sidious? HA! Obi Wan (Episode IV) had to use the force to get by some stormtroopers. But you see... HK doesn't have that. Sidious does, giving him an advantage. Plus a lightsaber helps to cut through debris, and he could easily toss anything coming his way aside. You saw what he hurled around easily in ROTS. And there's a chance that Stormtroopers could get HK before anything else happened. Disable walkways? Sidious can jump, I'm quite sure.

kamikz
Escape has explained that there are no guards or stormtroopers on the death star, just him and Sidious. Obi-Wan wasent a master of computers either, he didn't even have access too a main computers.

If this is an assassination attempt, HK has the element of suprise. What if he blew up the window Palpatine is sitting next too in his throne room?

Lord Rikyl
DEN L!K3 PA1P5 WOOD J(_)57 P(_)7 0n A H3LM37 ND F1Y 4\/\/4Y

Lord Rikyl
In all seriousness though, it depends a lot on the situation.

exanda kane
I'm still laughing at what you said Kamikz eek! but I also like your idea about blowing up the window wear Sids is...He'd probably be able to survive for a while though.

kamikz
It's good that I enjoyed you, it was ment as a joke laughing , yes if Sidious is unprepared and the death star is without personell I bet HK has a chance.

exanda kane
It's good that I enjoyed you, it was ment as a joke laughing , yes if Sidious is unprepared and the death star is without personell I bet HK has a chance.

I realise what you said was a joke, but when I said 'clarify for others' it meant I'd explain in more detail to others, just referencing your joke.

kamikz
Alright.

So were cool?

exanda kane
"Dude, Were always cool" A lovely little quote from Starsky & Hutch there.

No worries man. I never meant to be offensive if i was, I just didn't expect you to interpret my quoting you as though i was arguing with you. I was just referencing what you said for some people that might not understand.

kamikz
Alright then. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.