Dvds with best commentary?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MetallicaT
I really like hearing the commentary from the actors/director after I watch the movie once through...know any dvds with good commentary?

kevin smith movies always have hilarious commentary
ocean's 11
sideways

Koala MeatPie
Pirates of the Carabean has an amazing Commentary.

tabby999
not the best but i love Fight Clubs, Edward Norton goes of on a rant and the rest wait till the end and correct him. awsome actor, prolly a really nice guy, just a bit quick off the mark

Mando
^

Fight Club had a lot of great commentary moments. I loved how they explained things better, And how each scene was done. Especially the scene the Airport scene.

Wolfie
I don't watch many commentaries but I have liked some.

Fight Club has a good commentary. I liked Mallrats as well. Saw's was pretty funny 'cause they point out everything that was wrong with it.

bksdrums
I liked Martin Scorsese's commentary on Gangs of New York. It really went in depth about how long it took to make and a lot of factual things about the time period

Myth
I love Keven Smith's apology to DVDs at the beginning of the commentary for Jay & Silent-Bob Strike Back.

saltyjesus
Hilarious commentary for a hilarious movie can be found on Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle: commentary by "Extreme Punk #1" (or is it #2?) There are 3 or 4 different commentaries on the DVD, too.

Those of you who didn't see this movie because the previews were terrible, I'll agree with you there but it really is worth quite a few laughs.

Impediment
Originally posted by Myth
I love Keven Smith's apology to DVDs at the beginning of the commentary for Jay & Silent-Bob Strike Back.

I believe the DVD commentary you're thinking of is from "Chasing Amy", because if you select the "Kevin Smith Intro" feature he apologizes for his comment of "F*ck DVD!" But as far as my favorites go, I'll go with:

-Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell on "Evil Dead 2
-Sherri Moon Zombie, Sid Haig, and Bill Moseley for "The Devil's Rejects"
-Kevin Smith and the miscellaneous cast members for all of Smith's movies.
-Trey Parker's drunken commentary for "Orgazmo"

Solo
Originally posted by saltyjesus
Those of you who didn't see this movie because the previews were terrible, I'll agree with you there but it really is worth quite a few laughs.
Completely agree, not into teen comedies, but this one got me. In the same league as Clerks and such.

papabeard
Shaun of the Dead

tabby999
oh Bowling For Colombine was pretty good, only because Moore just grabbed people from the office and threw them in a room to make it. dont know if it was genuis or him being a lazy bastard

Wolfie
Oh yeah, UHF had a great commentary. Michael Richards, among others, kept coming in to contribute a little, it was great. Weird Al got really into it too, screaming, "Watch out!" or something like that in one scene.

MetallicaT
the band and directors commentary on Some Kind of Monster is really good...dunno how i forgot that smile

Dr. Strangelove
Anything with David Cronenberg (Videodrome, Naked Lunch, The Fly etc.)- extremely smart guy with a very dry wit. Entertaining while extremely informative.

Roger Ebert on Citizen Kane

Spinal Tap commentary with Spinal Tap- funny as hell.

MetallicaT
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove

gonna need to check that out...
is it on some speacial dvd or what?

MetallicaT
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove

gonna need to check that out...
is it on some special dvd or what?

The Ones
Final Destination 2

MetallicaT
gah....how did i double post...sry

BackFire
All of the commentary on The Simpsons DVD's is outstanding. By far the best I've heard, often just as funny as the show itself.

I got Season 7 for Xmas, and watched all four discs of the commentary at once, never got bored. Great fun, almost worth the money just for the commentaries themselves.

tabby999
Futurama has a damn fine commentary track

MetallicaT
wedding crashers commentary with owen and vince is pretty good

Xtremechik2
All the Scream movies
Thirteen
The Goonies

MetallicaT
SNL: The best of Alec Bladwin, is rather good

do the other snl dvds have commentary?

LiveAndLetDie
This Is Spinal Tap. It's so funny

redcaped
Happy Kong day! I'm pissed, can't afford to buy this dvd today. I read the back cover and looks interesting.

MetallicaT
40yr old virgin = goood commentary

ECHUD123456
I Thought Changing Lanes Was Painfully Boring But It Has A Cool Commentary. And Once Upon A Time In Mexico Had A Good One, Bot Of 'Em.

K.Diddy
Nightmare On Elm st

Scarecrow756
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Irvin Kismer was the best, he provided both funny and insightfall things about the making of the film.

EPIIIBITES
Roger Ebert - Citizen Kane...excellent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.