hey was Greives ever alive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dirk Jade
was General Greivas ever alive or was he always a weird robot with a heart and brain... can sum1 please explain that to me? and if he WAS alive at one point why did palpatine make vader such a crappy suit.

JKozzy
Yes.

PVS
wow..........just........WOW

Darth Venom
hmmmmmmmmmmm cant say that I know

Sesse
Yes. He was once a Jedi Knight like Obi1s father. Then one day he betrayed and murdered him...

Nevermind
Originally posted by Dirk Jade
why did palpatine make vader such a crappy suit.

Dear God Newbie! You take that back, or I'm going to have to surgically remove your brain to see what's broken with it.

Stun
how the f*** can you be born part alien, part droid????

i mean WTFno expression

crappy suit? 99% percent of the population of the world have nothing bad to say about Vader - we all love that guy, now, take that back n00b!

PVS
great idea! lets take a droid and throw on some frail and useless organs just to make it interesting.

Stun
LoL

Darth Zhin

Next Venom_girl
He was human once but alas he continued to smoke even after they told him the tumors were inopporable....

(I hope everyone realizes I'm B.S.ing here.)
At any rate, the eyes and feet look organic as well...

JKozzy
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/7646/grievouseyes6zk.th.jpg

Looks pretty damn 'organic' to me.

Captain REX
At least, that's what they want you to think... stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
OK who's Greives? huh

Captain REX
General Grievous's clone, of course.

Jedi Priestess
^ ^ ^ ^
Damn I missed another memo. laughing out loud

Captain REX
No, you just didn't see the deleted scene. wink

DELETED SCENE:

Exterior, Grievous' Landing Platform

OBI-WAN has just killed GENERAL GRIEVOUS and has tossed down the blaster pistol he committed the act with. He turns to leave when suddenly a cyborg that looks exactly like GRIEVOUS emerges from the shadows.

GREIVES: Ahh! The Negotiator! General Kenobi! You killed my clone!

KENOBI: Bloody hell! You just won't die, will you?

GREIVES charges down KENOBI with SIXTEEN lightsabers all in girly shades of pink and purple and blue, and swings all at once, but blocks himself due to his COMPLETE LACK OF SKILL.

GREIVES: Drats! Foiled again!

CHEESY VILLIAN THEMES FROM EARLY FILMS play as GREIVES curls his WAXED MUSTACHE and KENOBI shoots him multiple times in the arm joints, the activated lightsabers falling on GREIVES and cutting him to bits.

GREIVES: Ahh!

GREIVES explodes.

KENOBI: Bloody hell!

GCG
Originally posted by Captain REX

GREIVES charges down KENOBI with SIXTEEN lightsabers all in girly shades of pink and purple and blue, and swings all at once, but blocks himself due to his COMPLETE LACK OF SKILL.

You left the feathered boa out miffed

overlord
He's the cheap rip-off of Vader. no expression

darthvader_fan
was General Greivas ever alive or was he always a weird robot with a heart and brain... can sum1 please explain that to me? and if he WAS alive at one point why did palpatine make vader such a crappy suit. ARE YOU DISSING MY FAVORITE OF ALL BAD GUYS!? SHAME ON YOU!

VADER IS THE BEST BECAUSE IM A FAN OF VADER AND I SHOULD KNOW

exanda kane
...fanboy

Anyways, I thought this was all known aboout Grievous' past. he was an alien warlord or something yet was practically destroyed in a shuttle crash while in the employ of the seperatist, so they rebuilt him. He later modified his droid parts to make them look like a dangerous predator from his homeworld.

darthvader_fan
yes im a fan boy of darth vader

hence the name "darthvader_fan"

Stun
Darth Vader's suit was retro and thats what makes it cooler!

Retro Villian, go Darth!laughing out loud

Stun
exanda is the biggest RETARD and he's pissing me off BIG TIMEno expression

Dirk Jade
No the suite LOOKS cool but he cant barely walk without using the force. and he cant jump as high or move as fast. i mean why not just give vader the same parts as greives and put the suite over it...this way vader would be like... awsome.

PVS
he wasnt using the force to walk.
he was using the force to trash the room.

and i have wondered the same thing. why not just cut off all
extranious tissue to make him genuinly more machine than man?
he would be quick and far less vulnerable.
but then you have to take midichlorians into account.

and then ill get into a bitter debate (probably with ush) about whether
or not the presense of more body tissue/blood/bone etc means a stronger
presence of midis. and im not going down that endless windy road again :P

kalsemo
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
OK who's Greives? huh

laughing

PVS
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
OK who's Greives? huh

hes dat guy who fought ob's and an's but ran away, then ob's killed him on utop's

Stun
did this happen in Revange ov da Siff? ob's sure did whoop him, and and ob's sure did whoop an's on mooooostafar, and and!eek!

SS_181st_Snow
Nope. They just put Organs in a Jedi Killer for fun.

Here's your sign.

PVS
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
Here's your sign.

you just had to go there didnt you? sick

darthvader_fan
GIT ER' DONE

Sir J
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
ARE YOU DISSING MY FAVORITE OF ALL BAD GUYS!? SHAME ON YOU!

VADER IS THE BEST BECAUSE IM A FAN OF VADER AND I SHOULD KNOW even though i agree the last sentence dont make sense

Next Venom_girl
^ I'd say something more along the lines of "Vader is the best because he's a badass." stick out tongue

Rampant Speculation:
At anyrate I think Grieves was more cyborgized than Vader because there's less left of him (heart, brain, eyes, possibly feet... wearas Vader had at least his head and torso intact). Also the design of his suit may be different because he was not human but some other alien species to begin with whereas Vader who is / was human had a more human-shaped suit.

MC_GG
If Vader didnt have a suit, then he'd be pretty gay to me. The suit makes him look cooler.

Darth Zhin

overlord
Yes, Grievous was alive.

Wow! thread concluded! smile1

GCG
Well, technically GG should have died when he got sucked out of the Invisible Hand's control room. His organs should have froze instantly.

Yet there is normal organs and Star Wars organs.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Stun
exanda is the biggest RETARD and he's pissing me off BIG TIMEno expression

Any reason my half witted fiend?

Stun
Originally posted by exanda kane
Any reason my half witted fiend?

because you didnt entitle me to an opinion - thought you remembered that my half witted n00bsmile

"Then WE highely dislike your tastes."

ring any bells?eek!

Sir J
because you didnt entitle me to an opinion - thought you remembered that my half witted n00bsmile

ring any bells?eek! lol

exanda kane
because you didnt entitle me to an opinion - thought you remembered that my supremely witted superior *bows in servitude*

ring any bells?eek!

No, my over induglent distant asscociate. Care to inform me?

amity75
*Walks slowly backward out the room and closes the door*

Stun
ok, because it's my 18th birthday, i am willing to other a truce. you may forget what you said, but i dont like being dissed cuz i'm the shizzle to top it off - basically, lets not ruin this CRAZY relationship we have - this may seem wierd in the morning my gd man, but you will learn to hear the name STUN, and as most peeps know, they ARE no flies on meyes

Stun
Ok, you went against me. that's just plain out of order. Do not mess with Stun my lil friendly n00b!

Stun
this...........is....................war

Next Venom_girl
^ What does any of this have to do with General Grevious? blink

Nevermind
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
^ What does any of this have to do with General Grevious? blink

Nothing, but flame wars are fun to watch.

Stun
he knows better than to fvk wit me

lovebuzz
hey i heard somewhere that GRIEVOUS appears in episode 2 at the end carrying the plans for the death star! this is BEFORE he gets his droid armour! cool huh

Stun
he was imprisoned in the catocombs - then obviously escaped at some point

Captain REX
No, it was no before he got his armor or his accident.

He was just not prepared to fight Jedi, according to EU. It was too early on in the war.

Stun
still coolio though. the most coolio, but random thought i had was fighting Montross with his Mandalorian armour in Bounty Hunter - just way tooooooooo coolcool

lovebuzz
ah ok.. back to the flame war then

btw did exanda delete his half of the conversation coz theres like 4 posts in a row by stun and he appears quite insane

Stun
dont you dare call me insane n00b - i just dont like people who screw with my opinion

exanda kane
I really can't remember doing anything nor any the posts before hand anyway...

But for the sake of your enjoyment.....

Go 'Way Stun Stinking N00bIL! M3 Pw3ZZRnS UZI!

My dads less of a noob than your dad!

*interjects with some relevant topic discussion*
I've heard a few things stating Grievous killed a few Jedi outside the arena, don't really care about them because Grievous is horribly lame.
*ends topcial discussion*

Go and watch the Clone Wars miniseries like the lil' nubil you are!

...no offense.

p.s
HAPPY BIRTHDAY. LOTS OF LOVE....

Stun
look, i just hated that comment - btw, it was pretty dam harsh, but i have alot of respect on these boards, and i think we're better than this. I should'nt of acted the way i did, and im sorry.

new start? i'm not the kind to back down, but it's a complete waste of time bickering over nothing

exanda kane
Yes, especially as its was your birthday, yet more for the reason I cant remember saying anything in the first place (im not denying it). Well as your American I'll let you off.

Stun
lol, i aint Americanstick out tongue if your a brit, then your my best buddylaughing out loud

Council#13
Originally posted by JKozzy
Yes.

yes

exanda kane
lol, i aint Americanstick out tongue if your a brit, then your my best buddylaughing out loud

Dammit i meant "as your not american". Damn typos.

bogen
at some point he was a mercinary war lord, not human though.
he was king hit in a battle were he was fighting for the droid federation, this was about the time that qui go jin and obi wan were in tatuine.

he came back with renewed vigor and because he was partially still incampasitated he helped plan the fight against the naboo, he was offerd the chance to have a new prototype body, took it and he fights the clone wars.

exanda kane
Are you sure? That differs fromm what OS says...

Stun
lol, wish i was american - i need to escape BIG time!

bogen
Are you sure? That differs fromm what OS says...

yep absolutely sure all from my SW obssesed mates and iv'e seen the episodes myself.

Stun
well i'll be damned! i've never watched Star Warslaughing out loud not one stinkin' episodeyes

s a r c y a s y o u l i k e

DuncTK421
Originally posted by bogen
yep absolutely sure all from my SW obssesed mates and iv'e seen the episodes myself.

Of course. Your version is obviously more accurate than what the OS databank says roll eyes (sarcastic)

lowrider370
HISTORY ON GREVOUS

Homeworld:
Kalee
Species:
Kaleesh
Height:
2.16 meters tall (at full height)
Weapon:
lightsabers, blaster pistol, electrostaff
Vehicle:
Wheel bike, General Grievous' starfighter, Trade Federation cruiser
Affiliation:
Confederacy of Independent Systems
Associations:
Grievous, General

Before rebuilt as a cyborg warrior, General Grievous was one of the greatest military masterminds the Kaleesh people had seen. From the harsh world of Kalee, the Kaleesh had conquered the land and seas of their planet, and displayed pride in their superiority by wearing masks cobbled from the bones of their most feared animals, the mumuu and the karabbac. Warrior families would hand down these bone masks from generation to generation, adorning it with fresh blood prior to every hunt or campaign.

Grievous wore such a mask in his battle against the hated Huks, a neighboring species. He weathered countless close calls as he unleashed destruction on Kalee's enemies. He would return home to his wives and offspring, bloodied but emboldened, ready for battle again. After the war ended, Grievous had difficulties adjusting to life without conflict.

Grievous' war record had attracted the attention of San Hill, Chairman of the InterGalactic Banking Clan. His contacts within Count Dooku's growing Separatist movement had caught the scent of profound galactic change in the air, and Hill began looking for leverage and advantage in the inevitable civil war that was brewing. He saw in Grievous a valuable asset. In exchange for supporting Kalee's staggering debts incurred in the planet's war with the Huks, the Banking Clan bought Grievous' eternal services as an intimidator and warrior.

It was this strong warrior spirit that transformed into profound anger, embarrassment and outrage that he should be crippled by so mundane a fate. General Grievous -- decorated champion of the Kaleesh, vanquisher of so many Huk warlords, grinder of the enemy's bones -- was fatally injured in a shuttle crash.

With his ally Poggle the Lesser, San Hill had targeted Grievous' shuttle for sabotage resulting in a terrible accident. Suspended in bacta, Grievous' shattered form was kept alive. He had not met an ignoble end; he was not cheated of a warrior's death. The technological wizards of the Banking Clan and the Geonosian foundries rebuilt him. They then presented their cyborg killer to Count Dooku as a gift.

Dooku was at first taken aback by so bizarre an underling. But he and Darth Sidious saw potential. Dooku began training Grievous in the ways of the lightsaber. He was dismayed that the subtleties and finesse of lightsaber combat had been discarded in favor of brutal, multi-weapon attacks, but so go the changes of war. At his hidden base aboard the Trenchant space station, Dooku pit his minions Asajj Ventress and Durge up against Grievous to determine who would be the commander of the Separatist droid army. Grievous emerged victorious.

When Grievous was first reborn, he was given a very generic droid face plate, and wore no cape. Possessed of vanity, Grievous made personal modifications, adding the metal teeth and stripes above his eyes to simulate the Kaleesh tribal bone mask, and created a new cape for himself. Since he knew in joining the Separatists he would be in for a long battle with the Republic, he carved the lines, instead of painting them, to make it a permanent statement. He also made sure that all his guards wore the capes with the Mumuu war paint symbol as well.

Though Grievous was active at the time of the Battle of Geonosis, no Jedi had reported his existence as none had escaped his presence alive. He orchestrated many campaigns from sheltered bunkers, but he was not afraid to fight alongside his soulless troops in the frontlines of the battlegrounds. Jedi General Daakman Barrek first reported Grievous' frightening form on the industrial world of Hypori, where Grievous laid waste to almost all of Barrek's forces.

Following that bloody debut, scattered reports along the HoloNet told of numerous successes in the Office of the General's campaigns against the Republic. Grievous led a stab into the Republic's inner systems along the Corellian Trade Spine, conquering world after world. When Duro fell to a concentrated Confederacy attack, the insulated Core Worlds trembled in fear of what the General was able to achieve.

THE DEATH OF GRIEVOUS
Its two occupants tumbled to a stop on Grievous' secret landing platform, the one that contained his personal starfighter. The tenacious Kenobi still fought with Grievous, even though he had his lost lightsaber in the pursuit. The fight degraded to bare knuckles and brutal kicks, and the metallic servo-powered Grievous had the clear advantage. He tossed Kenobi aside, throwing him off the platform. The Jedi caught the lip of the platform and with a free hand, dragged Grievous' discarded blaster pistol to him with the Force.

As Grievous closed to deliver a deathblow, Kenobi opened fire with the blaster. The shots tore into Grievous' open carapace. The blasts cracked the pressurized organ jar, igniting the preservative fluids. Grievous' vital organs exploded in an oily blaze, shooting jets of fire from his helmet's eyeholes.

Grievous' artificial body collapsed on the platform, no longer driven by life, hatred or the compulsion to destroy.

darth vraya
was General Greivas ever alive or was he always a weird robot with a heart and brain... can sum1 please explain that to me? and if he WAS alive at one point why did palpatine make vader such a crappy suit.
General Grevious was a genosian but then he was of course robotically enhanced for war or something like that. Vader's suit wasn't really crappy. It was full durasteel armor. Just so you know there's this strange place called star wars .com and it has a databank where you can read all about this instead of wasting forum space by asking stupid questions

DuncTK421
If you had actually read the databank, you would realize all that crap you just posted is wrong and is wasting forum space.

JKozzy
http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/1802/lol4ei.gif

Stun
lmfao General Geolaughing out loud

exanda kane
lol, wish i was american - i need to escape BIG time!

You need to get your priorities right. At least, if you do feel the sufference to go to the US, take a bullet proof vest and a white flag to make sure the South doesnt kidnap you.

No offense anyone.

bogen
told ya

kalsemo
Originally posted by GCG
Well, technically GG should have died when he got sucked out of the Invisible Hand's control room.

Never understood why they called the chip "Invisible Hand."

Captain REX
You need to get your priorities right. At least, if you do feel the sufference to go to the US, take a bullet proof vest and a white flag to make sure the South doesnt kidnap you.

No offense anyone.

*blows off kneecaps with a Confederate shotgun*

Grievous, at some point, looked like this, if it hasn't already been posted...

exanda kane
Lmao Rex.

And I'm sure i've seen a wider version of that concept art, including some of his people in it.

kalsemo
Originally posted by Captain REX
*blows off kneecaps with a Confederate shotgun*

Grievous, at some point, looked like this, if it hasn't already been posted...

Damn, for a half-droid, half organic guy, he sure looks studly in that picture!!! (not the face, just the bod)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.