Jango Fett versus Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blind Guardian
Fett has his toys (Jet pack, wrist darts, flame thrower, pistols, etc.) and Grievous has just two lightsabers.

No prep time, no PIS, and no nonsense.

Se7in
Well, if Grievous can handle Durge and Asajj, he can take Jango.

Blind Guardian
I don't recall him "handling" both. Where was this?

Shadow x 20
Grievous defeated Assaj and Durge to become General of the Droid Army. Grievous would defeat Jango.

Blind Guardian
Does anyone have proof from the fight or even a source?

Look, I can do it too--- Obi-Wan beat Vader and Grievous, therefore he can beat Ventress and Ki-aAdi-Mundi

Shadow x 20
starwars.com
EU profile on General Grievous

Se7in
Starwars.com

Check Grievous' profile.

Shadow x 20
Dooku was at first taken aback by so bizarre an underling. But he and Darth Sidious saw potential. Dooku began training Grievous in the ways of the lightsaber. He was dismayed that the subtleties and finesse of lightsaber combat had been discarded in favor of brutal, multi-weapon attacks, but so go the changes of war. At his hidden base aboard the Trenchant space station, Dooku pit his minions Asajj Ventress and Durge up against Grievous to determine who would be the commander of the Separatist droid army. Grievous emerged victorious.

Blind Guardian
Yes, and Luke destroyed the Death Star.

HOW did he do it?

Se7in
The Death Star is a structure. Asajj and Durge are people.

Shadow x 20
Dooku pit his minions Asajj Ventress and Durge up against Grievous

Meaning Dooku had Grievous fight Asajj and Durge.

Blind Guardian
Yes, but it could have been because of his surroundings, his weapons, etc. Just because he did it, doesn't mean he can do it again every time. Same with Luke and the Death Star.

Now, Asajj Ventress herself is a match for Anakin or Obi-Wan, the latter of which beat the shit out of Grievous. Durge is a monstrosity. The idea of Anakin and Obi-Wan beating the pair is a stretch. Saying Grievous beat them makes me question the way he beat them.

And since no one has exact details, why should I be convinced by that?

jollyjim311
Because it's all we have.

Darth Faunus
And yet the actual fight only took place in Star Wars Tales. Unless you want to believe Chewbacca is the Sasquatch, the series may be disregarded.

Blind Guardian
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
And yet the actual fight only took place in Star Wars Tales. Unless you want to believe Chewbacca is the Sasquatch, the series may be disregarded.

Did it? They're saying it's on the official site. Could the site be in error? Wouldn't be the first time, of course.

jollyjim311
Yeah, that kind of threw me off.

Council#13
If it's clone wars grievous, he would win for sure. if it's ROTS, Jango could just blast him apart with a rocket launcher

Se7in
The official site says it. It happened. Just not the Star Wars Tales version.

Darth Faunus
Meaning that Grievous may not have actually out-fought the duo together. You need to think about it from all angles, Se7in.

darthsith19
Yes, but starwars.com says it's true. Now, there is a couple things wrong in the databank but...

Either way grievous wins for sure. His armor is laser proof. The only reason Obi-Wan shot him was because he just happened to have pulled back his armor, exposing his organs. If Jango tried to get that close he'd end up like he did in AOTC.

Darth_Glentract
I wouldn't put it part Jango to shoot him in the eye sockets.

exanda kane
Or rip open his body armour and shoot him like obi-Wan did, or just plain fry him with his flamethrower.

kingkman
I'm sorry but Jango Fett would never beat Grievous. Never.

ssj3gohan007
Yes Jango is not jedi, he cant just go up head to head against someone much bigger than him and try to rip open his armor, grievous would just step on him.

ssj3gohan007
If Grievous did that mach 3 lightsaber trick he did in ROTS against obi-wan and spin his lightsabers mega fast and approach jango, jango dont got the reflexes to stand against that nor is his armor lightsaber proof, jango dies.

Family_guy725
i did something similair to this maybe it was this i think i did jango and boba versus grievous but anyway grievous could crush him if it was before ROTS though im not sure what saber style grivous uses he could beat him if he uses soresu but im not positive and lets face it Jango only has one rocket Grievous can run out of the way and it didnt damage obi wan to badly. Grievous also has his blaster so he could deflect Jango's blasts back at him and shoot him out of the sky. Whatever the case jango wont get close enough to get grievous

ssj3gohan007
yes grievous owns

exanda kane
No he doesnt. in think hes a completely shite character, made in the need of merchandising.

And if your suggesting that Jango is dumb enough to trying and punch the crap out of Grievous and rip open the body cage with his fists then your really pathetic. Dont you even have the imagination to realise that Jango wears Mandalorian Armour, thats like the pandoras box of sci-fi armour!

ssj3gohan007
if its so great then why did mace chop his head off like it was butter.

exanda kane
Because Mace is black!

ssj3gohan007
Lucas said that General Grievous is supposed to replace Jango as the new non-force using supervillian

exanda kane
Well...
1. Lucas is a jerk.
2. Greivous is far from super.

ssj3gohan007
Lmao

Family_guy725
Originally posted by exanda kane
Because Mace is black!
lmao but seriously Grievous's sabres would rip through poor little jango

ssj3gohan007
yes they would

exanda kane
And thats why Jango would not try and do the bleedin Walls of Jericho on him!

He'd stand back, a few well aimed shots at Grievous eyes, maybe fry him with that Flamethrower, or rip open his rib cage armour (like i suggested) with that rope thing of his (what he uses on Obi-Wan in E2) and blast th hell out of Greivous. He'd have to do those or he'd just get his head lopped off again.

darthsith19
Or rip open his body armour and shoot him like obi-Wan did, or just plain fry him with his flamethrower.
1) As explained he would never be able to get close enough to rip open his armor unless perhaps Grievous is asleep. Which means never because Grievous doesn't sleep.
2) Dude, his armor's as strong as thge siding on a starfighter. It's block blasters and Jango's flamethrower'd do absolutely nothing.

exanda kane
So no part of Grievous actual body is outside the metal skeleton is it? So his eyes are fire resistant. And he wouldn't need to get close, as I said he'd get pwned if he even tried, but use that lasso to rip it off Greivous.

darthsith19
So no part of Grievous actual body is outside the metal skeleton is it? So his eyes are fire resistant. And he wouldn't need to get close, as I said he'd get pwned if he even tried, but use that lasso to rip it off Greivous.
Lasso? The grappling hook? Yeah right. Pleas state why as soon as it hit Grievous he would cut it? Eitehr way it'd drag him before it's pull back the metal. As for his eyes, one can fight without eyes. But it'd be over before it came to that.

Captain REX
Well...
1. Lucas is a jerk.
2. Greivous is far from super.

Hurray for poor reasoning.

Jango has Mandalorian armor, sure, that takes him above a few Jedi at some points, but Grievous would be a tad overwhelming for him.

kingkman
He'd stand back, a few well aimed shots at Grievous eyes, maybe fry him with that Flamethrower, or rip open his rib cage armour (like i suggested) with that rope thing of his (what he uses on Obi-Wan in E2) and blast th hell out of Greivous. He'd have to do those or he'd just get his head lopped off again.

It's not like Grievous would give Jango space to move. He's quicker than Jango, he would be able to block Jango's blaster fire. Jango's other gadgets wouldn't be useful to Jango as Grievous would make it to hard for Jango to aim. And when they are finally face to face, just one swift stroke from Grievous' lightsaber and Jango is toast.

exanda kane
If you watch RotS Grievous isnt even that fast!
(well if you watch AotC nor does Jango but meh...)

Jango would be able to move quite easily actually, giving him ample time to try and dsipose of Grievous, although if they finally did fight face to face Jango would be having a headache. both have killed many Jedi, Jango has done so with his bare hands, so Grievous without lightsabers is certainly less harsh on jango if that scenario happened.

And please do not suggest that Jango's jetpack cannot be used. Without that, he's not a man, more an american!

MC_GG
Grievous has a toy too. His bike

exanda kane
And it'd play a sweet harmony with Jango's rocket launcher too.

Captain REX
If Grievous can just shoot at him, his jetpack is less effective and just a means of getting out of range of his lightsabers. Neither of the combatants are particularly fast, but Jango is not going to be able to relieve Grievous of his lightsabers. Obi-Wan only did it because he's a Jedi Master, has the Force, and has a lightsaber. Jango fet has a lot of nasty toys, but Grievous would slaughter him.

Rocket launcher, Grievous could evade; Obi-Wan narrowly did so, and if we're talking CW Grievous, the rocket is moot. If Grievous is in his wheel bike, even more so moot. Grievous is too fast for Jango's rockets.

Flamethrower might be a tad more difficult, but Grievous isn't exactly flammable, and his organs are protected against a weapon like this, I'm sure.

Dart thing? Jango would need a lucky shot to get that saber dart into Grievous without being stealthy about it. In the middle of combat, damn near useless.

Blasters, Grievous can deflect, and is heavily armored anyways, it seems.

Meanwhile, Jango has no defenses against lightsabers other than 'Stay away.' He is wearing armor as well, but he's not blaster-resistant. Grievous just wouldn't care if he was shot at and the bolt hit his armor; he has no feeling in 'body' cause it's all synthetic. Jango probably would and be hurt by it. Too many shots and he goes down. We've all seen how well stormtrooper armor withstands bolts.

And if it comes to a contest of vehicles, Jango's backpack is going to have less fuel than Grievous' bike. Eventually, he'll have to land. Grievous, however, has no need to stop his bike, which has cannons as well.

The real question is, who'd win the space fight? wink

darthsith19
He has lightsabers. And he has killed with hit feet. That's how he killed Tier Sierr. Who did Jango kill with his bare hands?

Captain REX
No one that I've seen.

SnakeEyes
Captain Rex; I'm pretty sure Jango's armor IS blaster resistant... otherwise it'd be useless. It's not blaster proof, but surely it can sustain some damage from blaster bolts and so forth.

Council#13
this should be a poll

exanda kane
Ok, read Jango Fett: Open Seasons to see how many Jedi he killed with bare hands (about 30-50) and if your even considering using the CW series as evidence then think about how amazignly hard the CW would make Jango look, if he hadnt unforuntaedly lost his head.

And, dont get me wrong, Grievous would blatantly beat Jango in close combat; but this is Jango. He hasnt got the reputation for nothing.

ssj3gohan007
Grievous is just too powerful, if jango runs from his sabers, grievous would only need to get out his super blaster and fire a charged shot at jango, which is so damn powerful that even a jedi lightsaber can't block. Jango is dead.

exanda kane
Why are you underestimating Jango? Have you no imagination at all?

ssj3gohan007
I do its just that...

exanda kane
Well then think of what the hell a Mandalorian suit could probably do.

darthsith19
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Captain Rex; I'm pretty sure Jango's armor IS blaster resistant... otherwise it'd be useless. It's not blaster proof, but surely it can sustain some damage from blaster bolts and so forth.
Yes, it's resistant but not proof. Have you read Hard Contact? If a Clone Commando gets shot wearing it's armor it's armor takes the worst of the hit but the Clone still gets a nasty bruise. Eventually Jango'd die from the bolts. Just one to the head may very well knock him out and then he'd never wake up.
I don't even consider using the CW for evidence. He died before they started. And about killing 30-50 Jedi with his bare hands, can anyone confirm this? Faunus, you've read alot of EU. Ever read this one?

A lot less than Grievous's armor.

exanda kane
I'd call Grievous's thingme more of a skeleton. And you do not believe me about Galidran? Where Jango became the last of the Mandalorians against a jedi ambush?

Not sure if it matches up to Grievous kills, but lets be honest, no one really likes Grievous. Only n00bs! rolling on floor laughing

darthsith19
I'd call Grievous's thingme more of a skeleton. And you do not believe me about Galidran? Where Jango became the last of the Mandalorians against a jedi ambush?

Not sure if it matches up to Grievous kills, but lets be honest, no one really likes Grievous. Only n00bs! rolling on floor laughing
**** off, just because you came here 22 days before I did doesn't make you have the right to call me a n00b!

Give me more info about this ambush.

Grievous a skeleton? Wow, that's a pretty durable skeleton. Do you read anything I say? Jango's armor protects him against the worst of laser bolts when they hit him but they still hurt like hell. Grievous's armor is blasterproof. That means that when hit with a laser he gets damaged in no way. And besides, can he even fell pain?

exanda kane
Originally posted by darthsith19
**** off, just because you came here 22 days before I did doesn't make you have the right to call me a n00b!

Give me more info about this ambush.

Grievous a skeleton? Wow, that's a pretty durable skeleton. Do you read anything I say? Jango's armor protects him against the worst of laser bolts when they hit him but they still hurt like hell. Grievous's armor is blasterproof. That means that when hit with a laser he gets damaged in no way. And besides, can he even fell pain?

Wow, didnt actually realise you were a Grievous fanboy. I thought being a Maul fanboy would be bad enough...oh well

So as you should hopefully (I used the word tenuously) be able to deduce from that that it wasnt implied at you, but terribly fortunate that it actually was.

And who said skeletons weren't durable? Was it your Darth Maul lunchbox? I dont know...As I've this topic has actually been concluded in an inconclusive way you really are arguing for no reason. In a straight fight Grievous would kick Jango's kiwi arse, but given the chance, the space, Jango would most likely mince Grievous.

So...Galidran...let me amuse you mind for a little while...

Along Time Ago, In A Galaxy Far, Far Away

Jango fett, newly elected leader of the skilled Mandalorian mercenraies after his mentor, Jaster Mereel, was ruthlessly killed by the leader of a twisted splinter group of the Mandalorians, Vizsla, begins his hunt for this splinter group, known as the Death Watch.

They are led to the frozen planet of Galidran, just having performed a task for the corrupt Govenor in return for information on the Death Watche's whereabouts. Jango interrogates the Governor after the task is complete, only to find the Governor was working with Vizsla all long. As Jango quickly escapes Vizsla's clutches, the Governor informs Coruscant that the Mandalorians have attacked and killed women and children (the women and children actually being slaughtered by the death watch).

Jango rushes back to warn his Mandalorians but fins the Jedi on his heels. The battle ensues, with Mandalorians taking jedi down and vice-versa, until Jango's the last left standing, having broke numerous spines of Jedi in various intergalactic wresting moves blah blah. Count Dooku (then master Dooku) arrests Jango and sells him to the Governor, who inturn sells him to a spice freighter. Jango later escapes and hunts down both the Governor and Viszla...

Happy?

darthsith19
sorry, wrong thread.

darthsith19
I'm not. That's another reason I got so mad.

What? Darth Maul luch box? You must be mistaken. And your right. This topic has been concluded. It's one Jango fanboy vs. everyone else.

And you got 30-50 from where? Your Jango Fett lunch box?

exanda kane

Captain REX
Exanda, throwing around the word fanboy only degrades your arguement.

Also, how many Jedi did Jango kill with his bare hands EXACTLY? Precise numbers here. And who were these Jedi? Anyone impressive? Jango is obviously skilled, but the situation counts for a lot as well.

And you are relying too much on his armor. His armor obviously didn't help him against Mace Windu, though it gave him some one-ups on Kenobi.

darthsith19
What? Who said anything about Obi-Wan?

laughing lol1 laughing

no Your hopeless.

Se7in, Shadow x 20, kingkman, ssj3gohan007, Family_guy725, Captain REX... and no one but you has said Jango wins. One other person said Jango would win if it's ROTS Grievous but otherwise Grievous wins. So now you've made a fool of yourself. Happy?

jollyjim311
He also said Greivous wins in a straight fight, but given the proper room and circumstance Jango could win. I say General Greivous wins 7/10 times. Jango has a chance, but Greivous most likely will get the jump on him and take him out.

exanda kane
Oh dear this is getting weird. Yet easy to break down for the children.

Btw Fanboy elated nsults only add greater thrill for everyone. And you should reaise this is no longer an argument, the debate before Mauly here came to the party.

yRex - As im sure your familiar with what a graphic novel is so I wont need to teach you nor schol you in the advantges and disadvantages of it. I don't know precisely how many, but from the various panels we are loking at 25-40 lightsaber wielding Jedi, Padawans and Masters, along with a considerbly younger Master Dooku.

Now, Jango with a few Mandalorians at his disposal did not take all of these Jedi, infact his Mandalorians were busy getting smashed about by Dooku, thus no Dooku/Jango fight. But as the fight progresses he is ducking lightsabers, breaking necks and cracking skullls (a particularly nice knee-to-the-face if I may say so).

And lil' Sithy boy - I'm quite happy making a fool of myself because I assure you I look rather eloquent standing next to that accusation.
Of al the things to say you had to fall into the trap of making things up.
Dont worry, it can happen to the best of us, or the worst in your case.

As I quite cearly said in an even fight Greivous would be able to slash Jango's 'kiwi arse' as I put it. Doesnt sound like Jango wins to me.

Oh and as your concept and grasp of basic english sems a lil' under nourished allow me to explain that I thik Obi-wan has a maximum ownage of 100%. Well the RotS mulet and tach' anyway. Now while your contemplate on your foolishness may sing a song? Very well...

(8)It was an April mornin' when they told us we should go
and as I turned to you, you smiled at me
How could we say no
Whoa, the fun to have, to live the dreams we always had
Whoa, the songs to sing when we'd at last return again

Swept New York a glancing kiss to those who claim they know
Below the streets that steam and hiss, the devil's in his hold
Whoa, to sail away to sandy lands and other days
Whoa, to touch the dream, hides inside and is never seen, yeah

Into the sun, the south, the north, at last the birds have flown
The shackles of commitment fell in pieces on the ground
Whoa, to ride the wind, to tread the air above the din
Whoa, to laugh aloud with dancing eyes above the crowds, yeah

Seek the man whose pointing hand the giant step unfolds
Guide us from the curving path that turns our feet to stone
And if one bell should ring in celebration for a king
so fast the heart should beat
As proud, the head with heavy feet, yeah
Oooh

Days went by when you and I bathed in eternal summer's glow
As, far away and distant, our mutual child did grow
Whoa, the sweet refrain soothes the soul and calms the pain
Oh, Albion, remain sleeping now to rise again

Wandering and wondering, what place to rest this hurt
For the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the earth
From the earth, earth
Earth/I know the way, know the way, know the way, know the way
Earth/I know the way, know the way, know the way, know the way

Earth, earth
Ahh-ah-ah, ahh-ah-ah, ahh-ah-ah, ahh-ah-ah
Ahhh, ohhh, ohhh, ohhh

Ooh
Oh/Ahh-ah-ah, whoa/ahh-ah-ah, whoa/ahh-ah-ah, whoa/ahh-ah-ah
Whoaa/Ahh-ah-ah, ahh-ah-ah, ahh-ah-ah, ahh-ah-ah
Woo-ooh-oooh(8)

Thankyou...

jollyjim311
clapping Join me, it's the polite thing to do.

exanda kane
I think it needed to be said/sung really.

darthsith19
No, he said in an unarmed fight. 7/10? How do you figure? The one single weapon that could hurt Grievous is the missle. If that doesn't do the job them Grievous wins unless he gets shit in one of his eyes. And, like I said before, one can fight without eyes.

You said only me and Gohan, whoever that is, said Grievous would win when, if fact, your the only one who is all Jango will win.

What the hell do you call a "straight fight"?

Captain REX
I doubt Grievous could fight without eyes. Maybe without one eye, but yeah...

Exanda, as much as I appreciate that you are trying to prove your point (and you're doing well), it would be nice if you weren't speaking down to us. If Darth's a Grievous fanboy, you're a Jango fanboy, and I'm a Wicket the Ewok fanboy...you could easily just throw it around, it's not worth saying.

I'm saying Grievous would win. He's too agile for Jango, and unless Jango manages to shove past two lightsabers or get the lightsabers out of his hands, his only useful tool is the rocket. And the rocket is a single shot. He'd better get lucky...

exanda kane
Originally posted by darthsith19
No, he said in an unarmed fight. 7/10? How do you figure? The one single weapon that could hurt Grievous is the missle. If that doesn't do the job them Grievous wins unless he gets shit in one of his eyes. And, like I said before, one can fight without eyes.

Now i could either mark this for grammar problems or just try and translate into SE. So Jango, in close combat presumably, and his lil' flamethrower would not hurt the exposed parts of his body could they? His eyes suddenyl immune to fire? I'm sure he'lll need his own labrador after that.

And who said what? Scooby Doo? Scrappy Doo? I have no idea where your at, but I have always said that Grievous would kill Jango, perhaps easily, in a straight fight (small environment etc.), however Jango, being the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy, for his part, is being sincerly underestimated. It does not matter if none of his weapons work, for chasing bounties doesnt simply require gunning someone down. Jango is very efficent with traps, mines and other sorts, some of which even Strepsil patient Grievous probably wouldn't realise till too late.

You said only me and Gohan, whoever that is, said Grievous would win when, if fact, your the only one who is all Jango will win.

I think Gohan will be very sour about that comment. A grose misunderstanding on your behalf again lil' Mauly, no one has effectively 'argued' for pages in this thread, effectively because the answer was decided very easily. Jango would get killed easily if faced with Grievous in close quarters, however with enough time, space and resources Jango would havee a very good chance. Just like on Blue Peter eek!

What the hell do you call a "straight fight"?

It's quite simple and it seems your the only one who doesnt understand (such a shock I must say roll eyes (sarcastic) ).
A straight fight is a match up where conditions on both oppoenents are the same, i.e. in an empty duelling room whereas the opposite would be a given scenario, say the traffic of coruscant, where the variables and conditions will change. The second requires a lot more spontaneous thought.

I doubt Grievous could fight without eyes. Maybe without one eye, but yeah...
He isnt a terminator t-1000. he doesnt have any implants that allow him to see without his eyes, and nor does he have the Force. He is essentially an alien with external robotic implants.

Exanda, as much as I appreciate that you are trying to prove your point (and you're doing well), it would be nice if you weren't speaking down to us. If Darth's a Grievous fanboy, you're a Jango fanboy, and I'm a Wicket the Ewok fanboy...you could easily just throw it around, it's not worth saying.

Sorry there Rex'm'boy (damn done it again) I sincerly apoligise to you. However as I'm afraid to say Lil' Maul here pretty much represents the decadence KMC has had to endure since the E3 Trailer came about, I don't feel I can extend that obligation to him.

And as I thought It would be obvious, I am not a Jango fanboy. Lil' Mauly here spoke with conviction that Grievous would win, although he didn't even read the previous posts already stating that fact. And i actually saw the guy who plays wicket in a pantomine when i was kid would you believe eek! .

I'm saying Grievous would win. He's too agile for Jango, and unless Jango manages to shove past two lightsabers or get the lightsabers out of his hands, his only useful tool is the rocket. And the rocket is a single shot. He'd better get lucky...

As has been said before, Grievous would win? Yes thats correct but in a place subject to change, an active environment if you will, Grievous would have his hands full. As I've already said, Bounty Hunters are adapted to changing environments and using it to there advantage, whereas Grievous has been trained in lightsaber for close combat, and his previous tactical expertise from his homeland would not easily be manipulated into such a scenario as Coruscant.

Council#13
Let us see..... Grievous's armor would hold off Jango's bolts, while Jango's armor wont protect him that well. Jango attempts to blast away Grievous with his rocket thingy, but Grievous (if Clone Wars) dodges it. Jango flies around and lands and shoots Grievous with his wire thing, which gets cut by any of the other lightsaber'd arms. Without ranged weapons, Jango cant harm Grievous and Grievous just keeps on shooting Jango with his horrific aim. A draw (but Grievous could outlast him)

exanda kane
I think you have the correct idea.

He also has the flamethrower remember that could keep Grievous out of close range possibly and i'll also pose a question to you...If your saying Grievous was fast in CW, how fast and uber would you expect the CW writers to make Jango if he hadnt had died on Geonosis...

Council#13
I think you have the correct idea.

He also has the flamethrower remember that could keep Grievous out of close range possibly and i'll also pose a question to you...If your saying Grievous was fast in CW, how fast and uber would you expect the CW writers to make Jango if he hadnt had died on Geonosis...

doh Oh right, the writers make everone 10 times stronger!!!

exanda kane
Exactly. D'you see how sweet they made the ARC's look? Well they'd do it ten times harder with the prime clone himself.

Council#13
yes yup i know

Blind Guardian
Wow, nobody likes Jango at all.

First off, Jango's an incredible shot. In AOTC he shot the changeling in the neck with his wrist darts from the top of a building. He also shot past a jedi master's guard (Coleman... not the best, but still.) He could hail blasterfire on Grievous to suppress him, and would likely aim for the eyes (Which would take Grievous out instantly. The only thing behind his eyes would be his brains).

Now, Jango also has a flamethrower in case Grievous closes the distance. Grievous CANNOT block this with his two lightsabers, nor can his armor fully protect him. For one thing, before Obi-Wan pried apart his chest cavity, it was slightly open (Just by an inch or two). Even if it's shut, flames will get in there and cook Grievous alive. Hell, his own armor is the reason why Obi-Wan's blaster bolts cooked him in the movie.

So yeah, Jango has a pretty good chance at mid to long distance. You should all think a little more open on your choices instead of "Grievous wins".

Dush khan Mabeo
If Obi wan Chernobil was accurate enough with a blaster to kill GG, I bet Jango is.

exanda kane
Thankyou, finally some recognition and common sense. But let's not forget that in close quarters jango would be hard press and would end up losing his head (most probably).

kamikz
Originally posted by Dush khan Mabeo
If Obi wan Chernobil was accurate enough with a blaster to kill GG, I bet Jango is.

Grievous can deflect blaster fire, when Obi shot him he didn't have any.

Shadow x 20
Obi-Wan had to pull apart his chest plates.

exanda kane
Originally posted by kamikz
Grievous can deflect blaster fire, when Obi shot him he didn't have any.

Pardon? And I hope your not going to not to say Obi-Wans a better shot than the most infamous 9and best) bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Shadow x 20
Well by what we saw in ATOC of Jango Fett's aim we can see that he could kill a Reek in a single shot in the middle of a battlefield after being trampled and having a Jedi Master, Mace Windu, not to far away to worry about.

Blind Guardian
Indeed. I'm not a terrible Jango fan by anyone's standards, but the sheer Grievous bias is absurd. People seem to think that only individuals with lightsabers can win battles.

darthsith19
But it wouldn't matter. Even if he got shot in the eyes he wouldn't die. And if Jango has already used the missle he can't win so it's s stalemate.

exanda kane, I'm through with you. Sorry, your fanboyism has become to much for me to comprehend with.

exanda kane
Originally posted by darthsith19 (Darth Maul Fanboy)
But it wouldn't matter. Even if he got shot in the eyes he wouldn't die. And if Jango has already used the missle he can't win so it's s stalemate.

exanda kane, I'm through with you. Sorry, your fanboyism has become to much for me to comprehend with.

lamo.

Look dude, I understand you must be feeling a little harsh after a few people came into the discussion and said that Jango will own Grievous, but you did ask for it with the swearing. Please dont swear again (even with an asterix).

Jango has a much bigger arsenal than Grievous, if he has no rocket's left after shooting Grievous in the eye (which may be going a bit far with his sniping ability), then he can use the rope to throw Grievous about, the flame thrower, his pistols or a few poison darts etc.

I feel people are getting a little carried away with Jango, because in all honesty, both fighters are equal, both being able to beat each other in different scenarios and both losing in others.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.