Batman a peak human doing metahuman feats?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thor Man
Can somebody list him doing meta or superhuman things please?
I'm curious.

Hit and Run
I remember him taking a beating from a mind-controlled Superman recently and he only ended up in traction instead of dying. Seriously,he took a couple of punches to the face and his skull wasn't crushed.

DrDoom101
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5448434

Him kicking Hulk

Thor Man
Batman perfect side kicking Hulk....Wow.

That kick should have broken Batman's entire body.

Batman Prime baby =)

Melnorme
Originally posted by Thor Man
Batman perfect side kicking Hulk....Wow.

That kick should have broken Batman's entire body.

Batman Prime baby =)

That fight was pure BS. Batman cheats. mad

Jose123
I'm curious.

Whenever he steps out of Gotham city and enters the watchtower to go fight somewhere with the JLA. big grin

spetznaz
I'm curious.

Find the 'Batman Respect' thread and you'll see Batman doing feats galore.
Feats that are definitely NOT 'peak human' but definitely meta/super-human level feats.

That thread is just insane, and basically makes one wonder about Brucey-boy.
A little theory I entertain is that if Bruce was in Marvel (where everyone is either a mutant, a walking science experiment, or something better) he would be along the lines of of Vargas.
Vargas was the dude who killed Psylocke (and almost killed Beast), and basically couldn't be stopped by mutants because he was supposed to be the 'true' evolution of Homo Sapiens.
He was the next level of evolution, and mutants were simply an offshoot .....a rough draft.
He was the true masterpiece.

Anyways, Bruce is definitely human, but some of the stuff (what the heck: MOST of the stuff) he does is definitely beyond human.
His knowledge is also so extensive, AND intensive, as to arouse suspicion.
It is one thing for someone to be a genius in math.
Or a combat master.
Or a skilled adept of strategy.

However it is another thing for a person to be a genius in math, sciences, magical lore, next-gen technology, forensics, botany, applied weaponry, an ace in aerial combat ....etc etc etc.
Or to be a master of 127 combat systems and styles.
Or able to come up with stratagems that take care of EVERY proabibility (eg in No Man's Land Batman told Superman that he had a perfect plan for saving Gotham, and he had 5 backup plans just in case, and for each of those 5 backup plans he had 5 OTHER plans ..each ....just in case). That is not 'normal.'

The Batman Respect thread more than illustrates that fact.

And anyways think of it ....what the goodness is a human doing in the JLA (where every other character seems able to tear the world apart, or at least half a continent).
And for that matter several members of the Bat family, from Nightwing to Robin to even Oracle (her affinity for knowledge and computers approaches a level that is also ...erm .... 'peak human') are questionable.
And as for Batgirl (Cassandra) she is supposed to be 'peak human' as well, but I'd love to meet the human who through sheer training and will could dodge a salvo of bullets from point blank range, 'read' a person's intent like a book (I'd call that pre-cognition, but DC calls it 'body reading'), and snatch projectiles from the air with ease.
And in one of Batgirl's comics the CIA thought she had 2.6 times human strength and 4.2 times human speed.
LOL.
Yep ....'peak human.'
In my book that is super human.

Anyways ....just my thoughts and theories.

For more 'evidence' check out the Batman respect thread.

But let me just say that if Batman was 'real' and did the things he did in comics (and the whole comic world was real), then a very good argument could be made the Batman (and his 'family) are NOT human.

Or as 'human' as Krypto is a 'dog.'

KharmaDog
Excellent post spetznaz, and pretty much why I dislike batman as a character.

spetznaz
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Excellent post spetznaz, and pretty much why I dislike batman as a character.
The funny thing is that the things above are why I love the character portrayal of the Batman. It is quite intricate, with a lot of 'questions' hanging about in the ether.
Batman can be a man for all seasons .....he is also in everyway Superman.
As in super - man.
In fact there are philosophy courses that delve into the dichotomy between Superman and Batman, and conclude that the two are THE SAME PERSON but with a schizoid split in personality.
One is the dark part of nature, the part that dwells in deep shadow. In essence this is Bruce, who is also the yang (in that he always has to be at 100%, and more, and never holds back).
The other is the light part of nature, the part that excels in bright light (in Superman's case literally since he needs the sun for his powers ....no sun no powers). He is also the yin (not because he doesn't have power, because Superman is FAR more powerful than Batman, but because he always has to HOLD BACK those powers lest he harms those he loves. Thus he is the yin part of the duo, with Batman being the yang since to keep up Batman HAS to always give 100%plus, otherwise he is merely a human in the company of gods).

They are both 'super-men, with Bruce being more along the lines of 'Superman' than Superman himself. The best way to describe this would be that old German concept of the Ubermensch ....the overman or superman.
The perfect man.

Which is why I thought that if Bruce was in Marvel he would be like Vargas .....just amped up.

Anyways, this is the reason I love Batman. In terms of sheer richness of character there are not many who come close, and at the same time he can be totally one-dimensional to those who just look at the surface.
It just depends on perception.
Batman is more of a precept than a character.
So is Superman for that matter .....he is more of an ideology than a defined character.

Other characters, for example Wolverine and Quicksilver, and simply characters. Nothing more. No literally genius went into them.
However Batman, Superman, the Hulk, and even to some level Spiderman, all have certain ideological connotations behind them.

Basically they are archetypes, with Superman, Batman and the Hulk being the strongest archetypes that have attained mass popularity.

Anyways, Batman is THE man.
The question though is just how much 'human' is in the man?

Either way I think the Bruce Wayne/Batman character is perfect, and from a wide array of perspectives.

wolverine8888
"Other characters, for example Wolverine and Quicksilver, and simply characters. Nothing more. No literally genius went into them."

wolverines is far more then a 2 demensional guy. he has more shitt going on then any one u can;t say bat man is a mroe complex character thats just bullshit

DarkCrawler
Depends on the viewer.

I love Wolverine as character - but I don't think he is THAT unique. Anti-hero types like him have existed on comics before.

wolverine8888
true but u can't say he a simple character

wolverine8888
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Depends on the viewer.

I love Wolverine as character - but I don't think he is THAT unique. Anti-hero types like him have existed on comics before. [/QUO

yes but he was the first true anti-hero

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by wolverine8888
Depends on the viewer.

I love Wolverine as character - but I don't think he is THAT unique. Anti-hero types like him have existed on comics before.

Nah.

Namor was. smile

wolverine8888
Nah.

Namor was. smile

not realy man. in the back of my x-men book it talks about character and they said wolverine was liek the first true anti-hero

TwisterGameX
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f50/t363873.html

spetznaz
"Other characters, for example Wolverine and Quicksilver, and simply characters. Nothing more. No literally genius went into them."

wolverines is far more then a 2 demensional guy. he has more shitt going on then any one u can;t say bat man is a mroe complex character thats just bullshit

Read my words carefully .....I know you are dyslexic, but that shouldn't affect your reading and/or comprehension.

I said Wolverine was simply a character. And that no profound ideological encapsulation went into them.
End of story.

I did not say he was 2-dimensional ....in fact in other places I have said that Logan is quite the character (and I adore him ...just that certain people tend to hy....erm ...anyways). However he is nowhere near the same level of complexity and intricacy of thought as the Hulk, or Superman, or Batman.

Now, just to digest this a bit for you. This doesn't mean that Logan doesn't have a rich history. He does. But it is not in the same philosophical vein as the three.

At the end of the day Wolverine is simply a character. A character that is many times well written, and many other times mass-marketed, but still a character. And a character that has an interesting back story.
However you will not see a discussion on Wolverine in a university's philosophy course.
Not by a long shot.

comprendez vous?

DarkCrawler
Definition of anti-hero:

List of some comic book anti-heroes:

* Bizarro (DC Comics)
* Black Adam (DC Comics)
* Black Cat (Marvel Comics)
* Cable (Marvel Comics)
* Catwoman (DC Comics)
* Cerebus the Aardvark by Dave Sim (Aardvark-Vanaheim)
* The Creeper by Steve Ditko (DC Comics)
* Daredevil (Marvel Comics)
* Deadpool (Marvel)
* Dwight McCarthy from Sin City
* Elektra (Marvel Comics)
* Emma Frost (Marvel Comics)
* Foolkiller(Marvel Comics)
* Ghost Rider (Marvel Comics)
* Golgo 13 by Takao Saito
* The Goon (Dark Horse)
* Green Arrow (DC Comics)
* Guy Gardner (DC Comics)
* Harley Quinn from (DC Comics)
* Hellboy (Dark Horse)
* Hitman (DC Comics)
* The Incredible Hulk (Marvel Comics)
* John Constantine (Vertigo)
* John Difool (The Incal)
* Johnny the Homicidal Maniac by Jhonen Vasquez (Slave Labor Graphics)
* Juggernaut (Marvel Comics)
* Klarion the Witch Boy, (particularly in his 2005 miniseries) (DC Comics)
* Kraven the Hunter (Marvel Comics)
* Light Yagami (Death Note)
* Lady Death (Lady Death Comics) (Chaos! Comics, Crossgen, and Avatar Press)
* Lobo (DC Comics)
* Magneto (Marvel Comics)
* Marv from Sin City
* Metabarons (Humanoids Publishing)
* Monstergirl from Young Heroes in Love (DC Comics)
* Namor the Sub-Mariner (Marvel Comics)
* Nexus by Mike Baron and penciler Steve Rude
* The Punisher (Marvel Comics)
* Quinlan Vos from Star Wars (Dark Horse Comics)
* Rayek in Elfquest (Warp Graphics, later DC Comics)
* Rorschach in Watchmen (DC Comics)
* Sandman (Vertigo)
* Spawn (Image Comics)
* Spectre (DC Comics)
* The Thing (Marvel Comics)
* Vegeta and Piccolo from Dragon Ball Z (Bird Studio/Akira Toriyama)
* Venom (Marvel Comics)
* Wolverine (Marvel Comics)

Namor appeared 33 years before Wolverine was created...actually, nine years before Wolverine's creator was even born...thus, being the first anti-hero.

Wolverine might have been the first "badass" anti-hero.

And he (and Punisher) is probably what people think when hearing the word: anti-hero.

But Namor was the first.

spetznaz

spetznaz
Definition of anti-hero:

Namor appeared 33 years before Wolverine was created...actually, nine years before Wolverine's creator was even born...thus, being the first anti-hero.

And he (and Punisher) is probably what people think when hearing the word: anti-hero.

But Namor was the first.

That is true. However Wolverine8888 will never admit it when he is wrong.
Namor was the first anti-hero in Marvel ....easily.

DarkCrawler
First anti-hero in comics. yes

wolverine8888
Originally posted by spetznaz
Read my words carefully .....I know you are dyslexic, but that shouldn't affect your reading and/or comprehension.
Other characters, for example Wolverine and Quicksilver, and simply characters. Nothing more. No literally genius went into them.

I said Wolverine was simply a character. And that no profound ideological encapsulation went into them.
End of story.

I did not say he was 2-dimensional ....in fact in other places I have said that Logan is quite the character (and I adore him ...just that certain people tend to hy....erm ...anyways). However he is nowhere near the same level of complexity and intricacy of thought as the Hulk, or Superman, or Batman.

Now, just to digest this a bit for you. This doesn't mean that Logan doesn't have a rich history. He does. But it is not in the same philosophical vein as the three.

At the end of the day Wolverine is simply a character. A character that is many times well written, and many other times mass-marketed, but still a character. And a character that has an interesting back story.
However you will not see a discussion on Wolverine in a university's philosophy course.
Not by a long shot.

comprendez vous?

nor will u see batman.
know you are dyslexic, but that shouldn't affect your reading and/or comprehension

thats actauly one of the main things it does effect, but not a big deal I read all the time so no problem for me but ever one in a while I will miss comoprehened some thing

wolverine8888
That is true. However Wolverine8888 will never admit it when he is wrong.
Namor was the first anti-hero in Marvel ....easily.
I said first true. that what is stated in the back of the (x-men official) guide. I not saying namor was not the first anti-hero but it says wolverien the first true anti-hero it says there was other heros at the tiem considered anti-hro but not truely anti-heros. also ur sight is not official though I am not saying it wrong.

DarkCrawler
I think Punisher is also considered an true anti-hero...he appeared before Wolverine also.

I don't think that the writers of X-Men official guide really researched everything. How can they say what is anti-hero, and what is not?

Namor is true anti-hero. All the definitions of an anti-hero go on him.

wolverine8888
actauly he dident last tiem I check he apeared in a spiderman comic in the 80"

spetznaz
I think Punisher is also considered an true anti-hero...he appeared before Wolverine also.

Big P is definitely an anti-hero. And a very good one at that.
Seriously think about it ....the dude's modus operandi is to maim and/or kill, yet the politically correct censor types have never been able to touch him.
The guy is simply on a vengeance mission.

Castle is the man.

DarkCrawler

Actually, he did...

Punisher: Amazing Spider-Man #129 February 1974.

Wolverine: Incredible Hulk #180 October 1974.

February comes before October.

wolverine8888
Big P is definitely an anti-hero. And a very good one at that.
Seriously think about it ....the dude's modus operandi is to maim and/or kill, yet the politically correct censor types have never been able to touch him.
The guy is simply on a vengeance mission.

Castle is the man.

ya I life him a lot he my dads favorit guy. I like Fury more then punisher though

wolverine8888
Actually, he did...

Punisher: Amazing Spider-Man #129 February 1974.

Wolverine: Incredible Hulk #180 October 1974.

February comes before October.

hey go argue with marvel lol. there the oens that stated it. though was punisher a hero the first comic he was in wasent he a bad guy?

jrodslam

Punisher - Amazing Spider-Man #129 FEBRUARY 1974

Wolverine - The Incredible Hulk #180 NOVEMBER 1974

wolverine8888
I said I was wrong

DarkCrawler
hey go argue with marvel lol. there the oens that stated it. though was punisher a hero the first comic he was in wasent he a bad guy?

He thought that Spider-Man was a bad guy.

wolverine8888
why repost it?

wolverine8888
He thought that Spider-Man was a bad guy.
I see I see well then some one needs to chang the back of that book

spetznaz
nor will u see batman.

Wolverine8888 ....when will you learn that if I say something I have checked up on it. You are saying that Batman is not to be found in a university philosphical course, and thus calling me a liar for saying he will.

Silly you.

I can name a couple, but let me just put the one where I have been in and seen the course.

The university is Notre Dame (you know ...THE Notre Dame).
The professor's name was Tom Morris ....Dr. Tom Morris, phD.
The book is : Superheroes and Philosophy
Truth, Justice, and the Socratic Way

In fact there is another book that came out: Batman Unmasked: Analyzing a Cultural Icon by Will Brooker.

Just shut up if you don't know what you are saying Wolverine8888.

As for your dyslexia .....that is ok, and many people actually function perfectly with it. Thus it is not a problem.
In fact if you noticed I stopped making fun of you .....kind of silly to be honest with you.
However do not call me a liar again. If I say Batman is in university philosophy courses (and for that matter even in PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS LECTURES), do not say that is not true when you have nothing to back it up with.

DarkCrawler
I see I see well then some one needs to chang the back of that book Handbooks are cluttered with mistakes.

Namor was anti-heroing when Punisher's granddaddy hadn't finished high school. Namor is older then AUNT MAY.

http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=namorparty14rx.gif

AUNT MAY! (Well, so is Wolverine though)

wolverine8888
Wolverine8888 ....when will you learn that if I say something I have checked up on it. You are saying that Batman is not to be found in a university philosphical course, and thus calling me a liar for saying he will.

Silly you.

I can name a couple, but let me just put the one where I have been in and seen the course.

The university is Notre Dame (you know ...THE Notre Dame).
The professor's name was Tom Morris ....Dr. Tom Morris, phD.
The book is : Superheroes and Philosophy
Truth, Justice, and the Socratic Way

Just shut up if you don't know what you are saying Wolverine8888.

As for your dyslexia .....that is ok, and many people actually function perfectly with it. Thus it is not a problem.
In fact if you noticed I stopped making fun of you .....kind of silly to be honest with you.
However do not call me a liar again. If I say Batman is in university philosophy courses (and for that matter even in PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS LECTURES), do not say that is not true when you have nothing to back it up with.

wtf I enevr said u were a liar I simply doubted u see batman in one. also if u look hard enough there a quite a few college that study comics I would not be surprized to find other character as well

wolverine8888
Handbooks are cluttered with mistakes.

it not a hand book

DarkCrawler
Ok.

TwisterGameX
Batman beat namor before...

spetznaz
wtf I enevr said u were a liar I simply doubted u see batman in one. also if u look hard enough there a quite a few college that study comics I would not be surprized to find other character as well

The last sentence of the post you were replying to:
Not by a long shot.

comprendez vous?

Your response to my post:
nor will u see batman.

I said he (Batman) was in several courses, and you said he will not be seen there.
You thus tacitly said I was either lying, mistaken or confused.

If not please enlighten me what you meant by 'nor will u see batman.' It should be entertaining.

Anyways W8888 ....I've not been on your case for well over a week (it lost all its lustre once i found out about your condition). Calling me a liar will quickly change that.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Batman beat namor before...

Namor appeared in comics before Batman...

Batman:

Detective Comics #27 May 1939.

Namor: Motion Picture Funnies Weekly #1 April 1939.

Only famous superhero who has appeared before him is Superman...

wolverine8888
The last sentence of the post you were replying to:
Not by a long shot.

comprendez vous?

Your response to my post:
nor will u see batman.

I said he (Batman) was in several courses, and you said he will not be seen there.
You thus tacitly said I was either lying, mistaken or confused.

If not please enlighten me what you meant by 'nor will u see batman.' It should be entertaining.

Anyways W8888 ....I've not been on your case for well over a week (it lost all its lustre once i found out about your condition). Calling me a liar will quickly change that.

again I was not calling u a lier. I must of msised the part u said batman was in it. my bad

Tron
Wrong forum.

Moving

Bushwacker
Ok.....thanks for using this forum to clear up that little thing about Wolverine.

blink

roughrider
Definition of anti-hero:

List of some comic book anti-heroes:

* Bizarro (DC Comics)
* Black Adam (DC Comics)
* Black Cat (Marvel Comics)
* Cable (Marvel Comics)
* Catwoman (DC Comics)
* Cerebus the Aardvark by Dave Sim (Aardvark-Vanaheim)
* The Creeper by Steve Ditko (DC Comics)
* Daredevil (Marvel Comics)
* Deadpool (Marvel)
* Dwight McCarthy from Sin City
* Elektra (Marvel Comics)
* Emma Frost (Marvel Comics)
* Foolkiller(Marvel Comics)
* Ghost Rider (Marvel Comics)
* Golgo 13 by Takao Saito
* The Goon (Dark Horse)
* Green Arrow (DC Comics)
* Guy Gardner (DC Comics)
* Harley Quinn from (DC Comics)
* Hellboy (Dark Horse)
* Hitman (DC Comics)
* The Incredible Hulk (Marvel Comics)
* John Constantine (Vertigo)
* John Difool (The Incal)
* Johnny the Homicidal Maniac by Jhonen Vasquez (Slave Labor Graphics)
* Juggernaut (Marvel Comics)
* Klarion the Witch Boy, (particularly in his 2005 miniseries) (DC Comics)
* Kraven the Hunter (Marvel Comics)
* Light Yagami (Death Note)
* Lady Death (Lady Death Comics) (Chaos! Comics, Crossgen, and Avatar Press)
* Lobo (DC Comics)
* Magneto (Marvel Comics)
* Marv from Sin City
* Metabarons (Humanoids Publishing)
* Monstergirl from Young Heroes in Love (DC Comics)
* Namor the Sub-Mariner (Marvel Comics)
* Nexus by Mike Baron and penciler Steve Rude
* The Punisher (Marvel Comics)
* Quinlan Vos from Star Wars (Dark Horse Comics)
* Rayek in Elfquest (Warp Graphics, later DC Comics)
* Rorschach in Watchmen (DC Comics)
* Sandman (Vertigo)
* Spawn (Image Comics)
* Spectre (DC Comics)
* The Thing (Marvel Comics)
* Vegeta and Piccolo from Dragon Ball Z (Bird Studio/Akira Toriyama)
* Venom (Marvel Comics)
* Wolverine (Marvel Comics)

But Namor was the first.

Daredevil and Green Arrow are heroes, not anti-heroes.
Harley Quinn is definitely a villan. She's involved with the Joker!
Batman has treaded this line, but just stays on the other side of it.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by roughrider
Daredevil and Green Arrow are heroes, not anti-heroes.
Harley Quinn is definitely a villan. She's involved with the Joker!
Batman has treaded this line, but just stays on the other side of it.

Daredevil is an anti-hero. Haven't you read the new series? Green Arrow...Connor is pure hearted, but is Ollie? Deadshot was killing mafia bosses and criminals in one issue of Deadshot and he let him continue.

Harley Quinn is probably a full villain.

olympian
"Daredevil is an anti-hero. Haven't you read the new series? Green Arrow...Connor is pure hearted, but is Ollie"

Ollie? Never. Thats why hes popular.

The man can hang out with Canary and bed another gal the next moment.

Dethbyhashi
Im a big Batman fan but I hate when they try to make him invincible and that he could beat Superman and the whole JLA what bunch or horse crap all though I don't think many normal humans would have a chance (Lady Shiva, Daredevil, Blade, Capt Propaganda)

Paola
this might sound a lil sick but this thread looks weird from the main page messed

Bardock42
Originally posted by Paola
this might sound a lil sick but this thread looks weird from the main page messed

Yeah I totally agree...I read something along the lines of "Batman ... doing me" too.

Funny.

Knightfall93
Wasnt this forum about "is Batman a peak- human doing meta human things"? Anyway, Wolverine is way more bad ass than that wet Spock guy Namor, I don't know much about him but he's really sad on the Spiderman cassette I've got (from the BBC4 radio series). There he falls for Sue Storm, gets easily captured by a souped- up Doc Doom who whups F4 before Spidey trashes him. Oh, and Doom has a henchman called Dildo or something... Anyway, Wolverine is pure BAD ASS anti- hero action and Venom aint bad, can't wait to see him (acted by Topher Grace) in Spidey 3. I say Hulk, Wolverine and Punisher are great anti- heroes, but Azrael beat 'em all, until DC started wasting the character and got the poor sod shot up by LeHah! AZRAEL: THE ULTIMATE ANTI- HERO!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.