Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright and Nick Frost in "HOT FUZZ"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
The guys "off" Shaun of the Dead are making a kind of cop action spoof homage type thing of 70's cop shows and it is to be set in the midlands and called "HOT FUZZ" Should be quality.

Happy Dance

www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=17728

www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_2580.html

Solo
Definitely going to be awesome.

MildPossession
I have been waiting since I heard about it months ago.

Wolfie
Can't wait!

papabeard
Plot Summary for
Hot Fuzz (2007)
"The film, a comedy about a London cop who is seconded to deepest, darkest Somerset, Police constable, Nicholas Angel is good at his job, so good in fact, he makes everyone else look bad. As a result, his superiors at the Met have decided to sweep him under the carpet. So it is that London's top cop finds himself in the sleepy West Country village of Sandford. With garden fetes and neighbourhood watch meetings replacing the action of the city, Angel struggles to adapt to his situation and finds himself partnered with Danny Butterman (Frost), an oafish but well meaning young Constable, who dreams of being Mel Gibson. Just as all seems lost, a series of grisly accidents motivates Angel into action. Convinced of foul play, Angel realises that Sandford may not be as idyllic as it seems."

Summary written by Baz (www.spaced-out.org.uk)

Police Constable, Nicholas Angel is good at his job, so good in fact, he makes everyone else look bad. As a result, his superiors at the Met have decided to sweep him under the carpet. So it is that London's top cop finds himself in the sleepy West Country village of Sandford. With neighborhood watch meetings replacing the action of the city, Angel struggles to adapt to his situation and finds himself partnered with Danny Butterman, an oafish but well meaning young Constable. Just as all seems lost, a series of grisly accidents motivates Angel into action. Convinced of foul play, Angel realizes that Sandford may not be as idyllic as it seems. With his faithful new partner in tow, Angel fights to prove his instincts are correct and uncover the truth about Sandford. Is Angel simply losing his mind in the safest, sweetest village in Britain? Or is something far more sinister at work? Whatever the truth, Sandford is about to get a lot less sleepy.

C-Dic
It'll bomb in the States because people "won't get it" and call it crap. Meanwhile, I'll be laughing my ass off, having paid to see it 4 times, like I did with "Shaun of the Dead", reveling in the genius screenwriting of Simon Pegg.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.