Darth Vader (read my post first) vs. Darth Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
Darth Vader as of Star Wars Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader the novel vs. Darth Bane. Who wins?

darthsith19
Vader... gets pwnd! ome on, OT Vader, heck, even ROTS Vader couldn't beat Bane!

Captain REX
Was Bane really that powerful? All we've seen him do is start the whole training thing.

Darth_Glentract
Actually we've seen him do a lot. Rex go to starwars.wikicities.com and look up some stuff on him.

I think Bane could take Yoda, so obviously Vader gets pwned.

Darth Faunus
Wikicities mean squat, Glentract. Please don't try to use it as a fully reputable source.

And while Vader would be, as of this time period, pwn3d, I wouldn't say that he sucks as much as some seem to think. If any of you have actually read Dark Lord, you'll know that Vader is pretty good. Nowhere near good enough to handle Bane, but he's rather impressive.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Wikicities mean squat, Glentract. Please don't try to use it as a fully reputable source.

And while Vader would be, as of this time period, pwn3d, I wouldn't say that he sucks as much as some seem to think. If any of you have actually read Dark Lord, you'll know that Vader is pretty good. Nowhere near good enough to handle Bane, but he's rather impressive.
Hey, never said he sucked, did I? Just said he'd get pwnd, which was right. Right now I'm reading Jedi Healer. Maybe after that, okay?

Captain REX
IMO, Wikicities is only reputable if sources cannot be provided to prove situations happened and such, or if it is obviously conflicting with your knowledge, or if it is written in a very opinionated style.

But Bane would probably take Vader, I suppose.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by darthsith19
Hey, never said he sucked, did I? Just said he'd get pwnd, which was right. Right now I'm reading Jedi Healer. Maybe after that, okay?

Erm, the point wasn't intended for you. Don't be so damn sensitive.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Erm, the point wasn't intended for you. Don't be so damn sensitive.
It just seems like you think you're the best since you've read the book.

Captain REX
I feel an argument coming on, so here's my advice: hush up and stay on topic.

braz
Vader

Captain REX
Care to back that statement?

darthsith19
Originally posted by Captain REX
I feel an argument coming on, so here's my advice: hush up and stay on topic.
Here's my advice: you hush up and stay on topic. I'm only pointing it out to him.

Captain REX
I'm a mod, I'm just trying to keep this place from falling into senseless bickering, as is my job. I can't hand out warnings or whatever, but I can suggest that people don't senselessly argue, thanks.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Captain REX
I'm a mod, I'm just trying to keep this place from falling into senseless bickering, as is my job. I can't hand out warnings or whatever, but I can suggest that people don't senselessly argue, thanks.
Wait, you ARE a mod or did you mean to say arn't?

Whatever, I was just telling him. Chill.

darth plo koon
lol that changed evrything good job rex lmao

Council#13
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Actually we've seen him do a lot. Rex go to starwars.wikicities.com and look up some stuff on him.

I think Bane could take Yoda, so obviously Vader gets pwned.

You also think you deserve millions of bucks... no expression

Blind Guardian
Bane at the end has the parasite and some other BS, plus more Sith experience than Vader.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by darthsith19
It just seems like you think you're the best since you've read the book.

For the sake of bickering. . .

I think I'm the best? WTF? I'm pointing out to everyone that he's not as slow and incapable as he is thought to be. Escape is the only other one who's read the book, so he'd agree. All I'm doing is 'enlightening' in a general sort of way.

So calm the **** down and stop with the ridiculous insinuations against me on every damn thread.

Master Vos
Vader could win probably by saber. However, Bane with his Orbalisk Armor and Sith skills could take down Vader. However, Vader might put up a decent fight. Bane takes this.

MASTER VOS
"I am not part of the dark. Simply deeper into the shadows"

Lightsnake
Vader takes this. Bane's experience and power is much weakened compared to the Sith of the end of the Republic. Palpatine was the strongest Sith of all time-stated fact and Vader was around eighty percent of his power. In the suit. Vader would take this in saber skills and in power.

Blind Guardian
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Vader takes this. Bane's experience and power is much weakened compared to the Sith of the end of the Republic. Palpatine was the strongest Sith of all time-stated fact and Vader was around eighty percent of his power. In the suit. Vader would take this in saber skills and in power.

Are you on the post-PT commission? All you do is run from thread to thread and preach this bullshit about Vader/Sidious/Yoda/Luke pwning the world.

Get a grip.

Darth Traya

"I sense much idiocy in you, lightsnakewalker. You have a gun, you have the ability to commit suicide, but you don't use them!"

Lightsnake
Why don't you guys crack open another EU source and LEARN about Star Wars? Come on, now, anything to say on how it's stated Yoda and Sidious were the mightiest who ever lived who weren't Skywalkers? Nothing to say when you considering Sidious wiped out a fleet and fed off the lives of billions-*Cough*DARKEMPIRE*Cough* Anything tos ay when Marka Ragnos himself hailed Sidious as the mightiest of all time?

Blind Guardian
Ragnos himself hailed Sidious as the bestest of all time, eh?

You are so full of shit. Go away.

Lightsnake
Read Empire's End? read the Sourcebooks? I thought not. Sidious was the one who was prophesized by the Sith, as seen when he talks to them in Empire's End. Hence them trying to help him when his time's up.

I suggest you tone down the flames if you want anyone to take you seriously

Cizal
Originally posted by Blind Guardian
Ragnos himself hailed Sidious as the bestest of all time, eh?

You are so full of shit. Go away.

He's the one posting actual evidence, as I see it...

Darth Faunus
Well, I see nothing. Sidious? The most powerful Sith Lord of all time? Pfft. One of the greatest, perhaps. But far from the most powerful.

Lightsnake
And who says he isn't? WHAT says he isn't? Plenty says he is.

Darth Faunus
Like. . . ?

Fishy
Bullshit... Show us one thing... There are a million things to show he isn't.

Lightsnake
Ohhhh, only Leland Chee, Kevin J. Anderson, The Dark Empire comic series, the Character guide and chronologies, the DE sourcebook, numerous characters, including the ancient Sith themselves when their spirits are on Korriban...

Fishy
Show evidence...

Lightsnake
Read a book why don'tcha? I've said already my soruces come from books. Offhand, all YOU have is hearsay on OMHIGOD REVAN IS SOOOO AWESOMEZ! And some gameplay.
Ever read the dark Empire trilogy? No? Ok, then. Let me say what Sidious accomplishments are:
Sucks the life from six billion people on Byss through the Dark Side and destroys a fleet with no enhancements. And when he visits Korriban to get info on how to extend his life? The Ancient Sith call him the mightiest who ever lived

Darth Faunus
Jesus. . .

In DE, yes, he'd craptastically powerful. But that is with Naga Sadow's amulet, the Kaiburr crystal, and a crapload of Jedi and Sith Holocrons.

Lightsnake
He never TOUCHES an artifact there. And DE is what his power is in Ep. 3. By that time, Sidious has zero access to holocrons, or crystals or artifacts, hence him going to Korriban. And by the way: DE Sidious is Sidious from Ep 3. And Ep. 6 at that. There's no power difference. If anything, DE Sidious is weaker

As opposed to MArka Ragnos, Naga Sadow and Kun never doing...ANYTHING without artifacts?

Fishy
He never TOUCHES an artifact there. And DE is what his power is in Ep. 3. By that time, Sidious has zero access to holocrons, or crystals or artifacts, hence him going to Korriban. And by the way: DE Sidious is Sidious from Ep 3. And Ep. 6 at that. There's no power difference. If anything, DE Sidious is weaker

As opposed to MArka Ragnos, Naga Sadow and Kun never doing...ANYTHING without artifacts?

I have never, well maybe one or two times but hardly ever heard such obvious fanboyish bullshit here before... Why oh why do fanboy idiots exist?

Lightsnake
Whine, whine, WHINE! This is great coming from the obvious Revan fanboy. Go on, where's your evidence?

Point out where Sidious amplifies himself with artifacts and holocrons like Sadow did. DEFEND YOUR DAMN ARGUMENT

OBI-Ninja
ROTS Sidious isn't a force god. He is far weaker than DE Sidious. If Sidious was so F*CKING powerful then why on earth didn't he show it in ROTS?

Lightsnake
here we go....is Exar Kun was so fricking powerful, why didn't he vaporize Coruscant? If Sadow was so powerful, why didn't he blow up Teta's sun? If Revan was so powerful, why didn't he kill the council all by himself?

Just because he didn't do it doesn't mean he couldn't. That simple.

OBI-Ninja
I never said Kun could vaporize coruscant (I highly doubt he even has the ability to do so), Why would Sadow bother with blowing up the sun, they don't just randomly do things for the sake of it. And Revan is powerful, but not THAT powerful, he would get pwned by the whole council. They had NO REASON to do any of that.

You said that Sidious "Sucks the life from six billion people on Byss through the Dark Side and destroys a fleet with no enhancements. And when he visits Korriban to get info on how to extend his life?"
My point is that he wanted to destroy the Jedi, he wanted to create a new empire, and he wanted to rule the galaxy, but he had to remove Yoda, Mace, and the whole jedi council. Using powers like the ones mentioned above could easily do the job, why didn't he use any of it?

Lightsnake
Because if he did, he'd reveal himself, the entirety of the Jedi Order would converge on him with a vengeance as well as the entire galactic forces?

Darth_Glentract
here we go....is Exar Kun was so fricking powerful, why didn't he vaporize Coruscant? If Sadow was so powerful, why didn't he blow up Teta's sun? If Revan was so powerful, why didn't he kill the council all by himself?

Because they were trying to conquer, not destroy. When it wouldn't destroy anything they wanted for themselves, they used incredible powers, powers that are beyond even Sidious using a force storm to destroy capital ships. BTW, Revan wasn't so powerful that he could do all of those things. DE Sidious could take Revan(but OT and PT Sidious would lose to him.). There were plenty of times when destroying things wouldn't destroy things Sidious wanted, but he still did use incredible powers.

Just because he didn't do it doesn't mean he couldn't. That simple.

Do you understand how ridiculos this argument is? Let me put it simply.

Just becuase I haven't traveled back in time to kill Hitler before WW@ doesn't mean I can't.

You have to prove that someone can do something at that time before anyone will believe you. Logic amd reason generally assume a negative.

OBI-Ninja
Because if he did, he'd reveal himself, the entirety of the Jedi Order would converge on him with a vengeance as well as the entire galactic forces?

The Entire Jedi Order was dispersed all over the place! And if clonetroopers were enough to raid the Jedi Temple then I'm sure uber powerful Sidious could have easily done it as well...

Lightsnake
1. Would you POINT OUT what these INCREDIBLE POWERS actually WERE?! I've shot down every last one of them and false comments on Sidious's enhancements won't work. Point out your little golden boy Revan's powers, because I am SICK AND TIRED of people saying how godly and awesome these are when I keep shooting it down. By the OT and PT Sidious is already a damn master and I've pointed out some of the feats he does there already! Hmmm, maybe if you want to compare a hypoethically weaker Sidious, why don't we throw him against a padawan Revan! Afterall, Revan should be so godly there already!

2. If you travel back in time at a later date, then we all know you could have all along, so moot point. And since Sidious DID do it...

Lightsnake
Yeah, there's a little thing called 'numbers'...and making a force storm in your general vicinity is what we call 'suicide'.

Learn what you're talking about, then come back. Yoda and Obi-wan together would have been able to kill Sidious, as Yoda was a freaking powerhouse.

I'm sick and tired of people riding on the Ancient Sith's backs. Point out what their powers are, WITH NO TECHNOLOGY OR ENHANCEMENTS. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, because you have their creator against you here and until you prove how godly they were besides a quote from a liar and an ego trip gameplay mechanic, it's yet to be valid at all

Darth Traya
1. Would you POINT OUT what these INCREDIBLE POWERS actually WERE?! I've shot down every last one of them and false comments on Sidious's enhancements won't work. Point out your little golden boy Revan's powers, because I am SICK AND TIRED of people saying how godly and awesome these are when I keep shooting it down. By the OT and PT Sidious is already a damn master and I've pointed out some of the feats he does there already! Hmmm, maybe if you want to compare a hypoethically weaker Sidious, why don't we throw him against a padawan Revan! Afterall, Revan should be so godly there already!

2. If you travel back in time at a later date, then we all know you could have all along, so moot point. And since Sidious DID do it...

Freezing the senate? About a million people?

Darth_Glentract
Yeah, there's a little thing called 'numbers'...and making a force storm in your general vicinity is what we call 'suicide'.

Learn what you're talking about, then come back. Yoda and Obi-wan together would have been able to kill Sidious, as Yoda was a freaking powerhouse.

I'm sick and tired of people riding on the Ancient Sith's backs. Point out what their powers are, WITH NO TECHNOLOGY OR ENHANCEMENTS. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, because you have their creator against you here and until you prove how godly they were besides a quote from a liar and an ego trip gameplay mechanic, it's yet to be valid at all

It's not like they are going to be fighting without their technology. They keep it with them at all times.

They blew up stars. You haven't proved that it was the ship, nor have you shown that it was the ship that did it. They destroyed lightsaber proof materials with their bare hands. They projected images into thousands of minds at one time.

If Yoda and Obi-wan together would have been able to kill Sidious, why did they not do so?

Who is this liar who is quoting the Ancient Sith's power?

Lightsnake
A thousand at best. Notice this was done in conjunction with the Sith gauntlets so he was amplified heavily. Nothing impressive there, especially as it only lasted a few moments and didn't affect the Jedi.
And since Kun was an inept screwup, feats of power from him don't make up nearly for his idiocy

Lightsnake
Yeah, sadly without that technology they're just not too powerful. I'm sure Grand Moff Tarkin could beat Han Solo in a bare knuckle brawl...

Fine, want a quote? "It was this craft that allowed Sadow to destroy the Denarii." Here's another thing? Aleema herself says it was the craft when she uses it to do the same thing on a greater scale! Either she's stronger than Sadow or it was the ship.

Because there's this other guy named 'Darth Vader' who needs killing and it was logical to send Obi-wan after him. If Sidious were to die, Anakin would assume control and be untouchable. Yoda was hoping to get it over with and hoped he'd be enough for Sidious.

And this liar's name is Kreia. And without her quote, noone would be shrieking about how the Ancient Sith totally own the new

Darth_Glentract
A thousand at best. Notice this was done in conjunction with the Sith gauntlets so he was amplified heavily. Nothing impressive there, especially as it only lasted a few moments and didn't affect the Jedi.
And since Kun was an inept screwup, feats of power from him don't make up nearly for his idiocy

Where is your proof that the gauntlets made him more powerful, or that he would ever fight without them? By your logic, no kill counts, because Jedi always do it with a lightsaber. Without it, they wouldn't be very good, yet Ancient Sith kept their technology with them as much as any PT Jedi or Sith keeps their lightsaber with them.

Also note that he froze several million because there is at least one from every planet, and the Republic had several million planets at that time.

Darth_Glentract
Yeah, sadly without that technology they're just not too powerful. I'm sure Grand Moff Tarkin could beat Han Solo in a bare knuckle brawl...

Palpatine sucks without his lightsaber. See! I can do it too! Lightsabers are technology too.

Fine, want a quote? "It was this craft that allowed Sadow to destroy the Denarii." Here's another thing? Aleema herself says it was the craft when she uses it to do the same thing on a greater scale! Either she's stronger than Sadow or it was the ship.

Doesn't make any sense though. Technically, which is more canon then a quote, the ship couldn't have done anything other then focus the energy Sadow provided, because no ship before the ISD(5000 years later) was able to generate even a 30th of the power necessary to do what Sadow did.

Who's to say Aleema isn't strong? She did plenty of things that show she is powerful, yet you still assume she is weak?

Because there's this other guy named 'Darth Vader' who needs killing and it was logical to send Obi-wan after him. If Sidious were to die, Anakin would assume control and be untouchable. Yoda was hoping to get it over with and hoped he'd be enough for Sidious.

No, because at this point Anakin is a lot weaker then Yoda, it even says so. It would take years before Anakin would be able to defeat Yoda.

And this liar's name is Kreia. And without her quote, noone would be shrieking about how the Ancient Sith totally own the new

Yes, we would. There is the narrator in TOTJ, and pure and simple logic.

Lightsnake
Why, only that he sucked horribly until he put them on and Nadd said they'd amplify his power to a great degree? If the Jedi injected themself with a massive stimulant, that argument'd hold weight. And that technology does nothing but hold them back powerwise

Also note the Republic was much smaller at that time and it was stated to be 'thousands'....for what, a few moments before everyone was moving again?

Lightsnake
1. Except Palpatine's pwoers are done without his saber.

2. You mean the ship couldn't launch a bolt of electricity into the star, causing a chain reaction to blow it up? Learn something new everyday. Especially as we see it do just that.

3. Yes, Aleema did so much....her running and hiding when three Jedi appeared was so bold. All she ever did was use a ship and cast illusions with Satal.

4. And the narrarator of TOTJ never says a thing about power. He just says what's going on in the story. And that narrarator-KJA apparently says those Sith're weaker. So...

Darth_Glentract
Why, only that he sucked horribly until he put them on and Nadd said they'd amplify his power to a great degree? If the Jedi injected themself with a massive stimulant, that argument'd hold weight. And that technology does nothing but hold them back powerwise

Also note the Republic was much smaller at that time and it was stated to be 'thousands'....for what, a few moments before everyone was moving again?

Nope, the Republic still numered in the millions as it had for thousands of years as the Expansion Era had already passed.

Yes, a Jedi injected with stims would hold weight.

Darth_Glentract
1. Except Palpatine's pwoers are done without his saber.

So are Sadows and Kressh's, at least to the point where it doesn't matter because they ALWAYS have that power. The technology is ALWAYS with them.

2. You mean the ship couldn't launch a bolt of electricity into the star, causing a chain reaction to blow it up? Learn something new everyday. Especially as we see it do just that.

We actually don't. aawe see a very powerful force user blow up a star, as the ship isn't powerful enough to do that.

3. Yes, Aleema did so much....her running and hiding when three Jedi appeared was so bold. All she ever did was use a ship and cast illusions with Satal.

Perhaps actual fighting was her strong point, but destroying stars is. Every dog has it's day, as does every force user.

4. And the narrarator of TOTJ never says a thing about power. He just says what's going on in the story. And that narrarator-KJA apparently says those Sith're weaker. So...

Where is this proof that KJA says they are weaker?

He says that the Sith were the Sith. That, amoung other things, implies that they were the best.

Darth Traya
Ragnos was a god in a race of gods.

KJA is implying that the Sith Race were veritable Gods.

Lightsnake
1. So, Tarkin must have been stronger than both of them...and no, the tech isn't always with them. It's a ship powered by the force, that's all. It means nothing on power.

2. Actually, we see the ship fire into the star which causes a chain reaction and then explodes. And according to wiki cities, it's an electrical weapon that does it. And to the SW encyclopedia

3. You mean Aleema screaming and begging Nomi not to hurt her? If she can destroy a star, she can kill a Jedi. My mistake: If she can use a ship to destroy a star, she can kill a Jedi.

4. First you say it's ok if I can't get the quoptes because it's been years on TFN? And he says the Sith were the Sith....of course the Sith are the Sith, so?

Lightsnake
Pitiful gods who did nothing and lost a war in a day. Stop riding Kreia's back.

Darth Traya
Pitiful gods who did nothing and lost a war in a day. Stop riding Kreia's back.

Erm, how is Kreia's quote invalid? She has no reason to lie and the developers obviously didn't put her in the game as a false source of information.

Lightsnake
She confessed to being a manipulative liar the entire time. Whos ays SHE got it right? Someone who seemed to think the Force is an oppressive, controlling tyrant has a lack of credibility. It's that one single quote that prevents people from laughing at a drip like Sadow.

Darth_Glentract
1. So, Tarkin must have been stronger than both of them...and no, the tech isn't always with them. It's a ship powered by the force, that's all. It means nothing on power.

The ship could not have done this, I have already shown why, you need to accept that you are wrong.

2. Actually, we see the ship fire into the star which causes a chain reaction and then explodes. And according to wiki cities, it's an electrical weapon that does it. And to the SW encyclopedia

The ship only focused the power that Naga created.

3. You mean Aleema screaming and begging Nomi not to hurt her? If she can destroy a star, she can kill a Jedi. My mistake: If she can use a ship to destroy a star, she can kill a Jedi.

If Sidious can destroy ships with the force, he can block a blaser bolt and keep a cripled guy from carrying him 15 feet and then throw him down a reactor shaft.

Sidious screamed too. Aleema just doesn't know how to fight, but she still has awsome power.

4. First you say it's ok if I can't get the quoptes because it's been years on TFN? And he says the Sith were the Sith....of course the Sith are the Sith, so?

I was being nice. I didn't know how much a fanboy you are.

Unless you can provide the quotes, they might as well not exist. You do realize that just because someone says they are KJA on a forum doesn't mean they are.

Darth_Glentract
She confessed to being a manipulative liar the entire time. Whos ays SHE got it right? Someone who seemed to think the Force is an oppressive, controlling tyrant has a lack of credibility. It's that one single quote that prevents people from laughing at a drip like Sadow.

Nope. He still destroyed a star with his own power.

Lightsnake
Sorry, he didn't. According to Exar Kun it was the ship. According to Aleema Keto it was the ship. According to Naga, it's the ship. According to you, it's Naga.

Who do I believe now?

Darth_Glentract
Sorry, he didn't. According to Exar Kun it was the ship. According to Aleema Keto it was the ship. According to Naga, it's the ship. According to you, it's Naga.

Who do I believe now?

According to logic its Naga. The others said that the ship focused the power, but the ship could not have provided it.

Lightsnake
1. You seem to not accept you're wrong. It was the ship's electrical weapon that cased a chain reaction. When did the star ever move now?

2. You mean Sidious when his back's turned and he's about to try to possess Anakin? And it was clearly what he wanted

3. Sidious didn't hide, cowering from a Jedi. Aleema's only power was illusion magic. when that was beaten she had nothing

4. Which is a nice way to say what exactly? I tried to be nice at first and besides from this you've failed to provide any evidence. And you are aware that to even be considered a special guest on TFN-IE: an author, you need to be certified on SW.com first? Yeah, real fake.

Lightsnake
And if Sadow's ship couldn't have blown up a star, what were the galaxy Gun, Sun Crusher and Death Star?

Darth Traya

Your're not answering my question. Why would she lie about it? What would she gain from lying about it? To give the Exile a sense of woeful inadequacy?

What?

Lightsnake
Why not? Thing to overcome and all that. She didn't mind making everything else harder for him. She could have easily have killed Sion when she first met him.

Darth Traya
Why would telling him that the ancient sith were godlike be giving him something to overcome?

Lightsnake
considering he's probably going to face them soon?

Lightsnake
Page 19 of the Essential Chronology:

"Crado teamed up Aleema to execute a military strike using Naga Sadow's Sith flagshi[ Armed with the vessel's star-destroying weapon they inended to destroy the Cron cluster's suns."

Darth Traya
considering he's probably going to face them soon?

When was he going to face the ancient sith? Not only that, the ending never stated that he would have to go and fight the ancient sith.

Lightsnake
The True Sith....just the impression I got. Considering Revan shook the galaxy more than Sadow, the Lettow and Kun combined...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.