Ladies.. Gentlemen. help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ronny
Okay so teres this guy at school who is way way out of my league. Hes a junior, hes hot, and he plays football. From the few times we've spoken he has been very nice to me but we've barely shared two words. He has alot of girls after him.. and i mean alot.. like half the school. I think its good enough to just gaze at him from afar and daydream but my friend says that i should be an aggressor because I'm pretty enough to take the plunge. What do you say? embarrasment

Dark Envy
Go straight to him and talk. He'll be impressed your 'brave'.

-hh-
Originally posted by Ronny
Okay so teres this guy at school who is way way out of my league. Hes a junior, hes hot, and he plays football. From the few times we've spoken he has been very nice to me but we've barely shared two words. He has alot of girls after him.. and i mean alot.. like half the school. I think its good enough to just gaze at him from afar and daydream but my friend says that i should be an aggressor because I'm pretty enough to take the plunge. What do you say? embarrasment Originally posted by Dark Envy
Go straight to him and talk. He'll be impressed your 'brave'. yes

silver_tears
Go for it, you're not obese, disfigured, or a bimbo. He'll love ya big grin

DanieLs_4_Ever
Okay so teres this guy at school who is way way out of my league. Hes a junior, hes hot, and he plays football. From the few times we've spoken he has been very nice to me but we've barely shared two words. He has alot of girls after him.. and i mean alot.. like half the school. I think its good enough to just gaze at him from afar and daydream but my friend says that i should be an aggressor because I'm pretty enough to take the plunge. What do you say? embarrasment
Truthfully if you're anything like me I just go for my own kind of people. I pay no mind to people who think they're better than everyone else, and usually when someone's hot, plays football, and way out of your league...they're usually snooty. But hey that's just my op.

Ronny
ninja ur now im more nervous, but really thanks.

Ronny
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
Truthfully if you're anything like me I just go for my own kind of people. I pay no mind to people who think they're better than everyone else, and usually when someone's hot, plays football, and way out of your league...they're usually snooty. But hey that's just me. Hes not snooty at all stick out tongue just not very ... bright.

There arnt really clicks at my school so not alot of people choose a group in which they want to date

Dark Envy
Just go for it. Go Straight to him, say hi, ask for a date. Simple.

-hh-
Originally posted by silver_tears
Go for it, you're not obese, disfigured, or a bimbo. He'll love ya big grin wow laughing irene is always straight forward with her posts wink

Pyrofly
Take the chance. Take a plunge stick out tongue

DanieLs_4_Ever
Hes not snooty at all stick out tongue just not very ... bright.

There arnt really clicks at my school so not alot of people choose a group in which they want to date
Lucky you. erm I thought it was that way everywhere. But anywho, I prefer it this way. It's easier to find whom I can hang out with more easily and have fun with.

silver_tears
Originally posted by -hh-
wow laughing irene is always straight forward with her posts wink

eyes

Alpha Centauri
Well, there are many things to be considered. If his not being smart is something you dislike, don't overlook it just because he's "hot" and a football player. Don't ever settle if you're not happy.

However, if he's someone you genuinely like and he is not the kind of guy to just date overly popular girls and all that (not insinuating you aren't popular) then you have a shot. The worst he could say is no, and in this case you think he's out of your league anyway. He could also say yes. You've got nothing to lose.

-AC

Dark Envy
Also, if you get rejected, make sure girls are every, then give him a expected kiss...a long one. Then break it, walk away, then your the next popular girl in school happy

Ronny
Woah lots of responsise

AC; hes really nice and hes funny and has a great personality, i usally do like smart guys but there arnt very many at my school. And the ones that are are usally mean

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, I'm just saying. If him not being smart is something that you do dislike a lot, don't settle just because he has other things going. Because intelligence is a great quality, being "hot" and able to play football isn't a good enough reason to solely date someone.

Though you HAVE said he's nice and funny and has a great personality. On the flipside, you said you've only spoke a few times. So you should be sure that you're not just assuming he's all these good things because you like him. It's happened to me. If you like ONE thing about someone to such an extreme, everything they do will seem great almost. Which isn't always the case.

I'd advise getting to know the guy better first.

-AC

A.D. Skinner

I'll tell ya what. When I started High School....I fell in love with the Head Cheerleader....now she was a Junior at the time, and I was just a Freshman...but like you, I thought it was better to stay afar and daydream about her than make any kind of move.

All my friends said that I should just go for it ( but they were just hoping that I would flop on my face and end up getting hit ), but in taking their advice, and overcoming my nervousness and talking to this girl that I had placed so high on a pedestal....it turned out that her and I become very good friends and by the time that she graduated...I was glad that I made my move, rather than do nothing and let the chance to get to know her slip through my fingers.

I say you should talk to him...flirt with him and let him know that you are interested. If he isn't...then he will let you know ( and I know rejection hurts and sux ), but in the end you will feel better knowing that you at least tried and didn't let something like that pass you by. But if he is....well then my dear...you will be well on your way !

BobbyD
You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Before I continue however, as an older fart speaking to you, the guy (football star, seemingly hot, older, with lots of other girls chasing him) probably wants nothing more than to get in your pants. If that's what you want, go for it, I'm sure he will accommodate your request.

A.D. Skinner
Originally posted by BobbyD
You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Before I continue however, as an older fart speaking to you, the guy (football star, seemingly hot, older, with lots of other girls chasing him) probably wants nothing more than to get in your pants. If that's what you want, go for it, I'm sure he will accommodate your request.

Now that is sterotyping ! Sure...guys in their teens are thinking a lot about sex...but there are some that would rather have the company of a intelligent and wonderful woman rather than a roll in the hay !

BobbyD
AD, while for the most part what you said it true, this is not your typical high school male.....this is the studly, hot football player who is "usually" a guy that gets his pick of the ass that falls into his lap.

A.D. Skinner
Originally posted by BobbyD
AD, while for the most part what you said it true, this is not your typical high school male.....this is the studly, hot football player who is "usually" a guy that gets his pick of the ass that falls into his lap.

So who says this guy is typical....

He might be a real catch, and isn't it up to her as to whether or not she wants to find this out ?

Alpha Centauri
I still believe that getting to know the guy first, is best. That way you'll know if you do really like him or if he's not what he seems.

-AC

Ronny
Yea, i was planning to get to know him better if i ever did consider asking him out stick out tongue

BobbyD
AD, that could be the case, I can't necessarily disagree with you. But, AC's advice (can't believe I'm going to agree with him for a change), is best.

That's why I really think Ronny has nothing to lose.

BobbyD
Good for you, Ronny. Understand, he might not "give you the time of day". You'd have your answer immediately then. There is no shame, if you strike out after stepping up to the plate.

Good luck, kiddo. smile

mysterio69
Originally posted by silver_tears
Go for it, you're not obese, disfigured, or a bimbo. He'll love ya big grin
but what if he likes obese, disfigured bimbos? what then?

A.D. Skinner
Yea, i was planning to get to know him better if i ever did consider asking him out stick out tongue

Well that is the best course of action. Talk to him....if he doesn't even give you the time of day...well then you are better off without him...but who knows...he might be the most wonderful person out there....

You just never know until you try

Alpha Centauri
I think Bobby D, as well as what I've said, has hit it right.

Also though, there's nothing wrong with just not doing anything. Some people would rather not take the risk even if it meant possibly succeeding, just for the fear of not wanting to have a definite no. To some it's better to have neither a yes or a no than a definite no. Which is entirely understandable.

Just do what you feel comfortable with.

-AC

DarkC
Go for it, Ronny. Never going to find out anything if you don't attempt it.

Alpha Centauri
Hence my above statement.

Sometimes not finding out is ok for some.

-AC

DarkC
Meh, it's my advice, so...

Fallen Jedi
how can you NOT want to find out? confused

Alpha Centauri
By not wanting to face the reality of having to accept that the answer is no. For some, fantasising about the possibility and not trying to achieve it is better than trying to and failing. Because then you have no "What might have been", you KNOW nothing would happen.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.