green lantern movie talk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jacobo0o
which green lantern do u think they should make about???

i think they should make the green lantern john stewart

and have samuel jackson play as him

yes i deserve to be the green lantern of the movie and i hope they burn in hell

Blair Wind
most well known GL is Hal Jordan.....so I give it to him, and if not him then Kyle Rayner....

WindDancer
Hal Jordan no question about it.

The Ion
All of them...

roughrider
Hal Jordan - if not him, then John Stewart, played by either Will Smith or Jamie Foxx.
Like to see how that costume would translate - should be more uniform than superhero garb. And, no little stick-on mask. That would just look silly on his face.

jacobo0o
well who will play as hal jordan or kyle rayner

Blair Wind
Kyle Rayner I can see as Josh Harnett, but that imo.....not sure about hal

roughrider
Believe it or not, they were discussing a GL movie a few years ago, and the star mentioned was - Jack Black. What the f**k?
I believe he said no.
Hal Jordan needs to be a Dennis Quaid-type, just younger.
Ah...Ben Affleck?

Gregory
I was going to say, "Hal Jordan," but then I thought, why not have a Green Lantern who isn't completely boring instead? And who's never been in a creepy sexual relationship with an underage alien girl? So now I'm thinking Kyle instead.

roughrider
They want a young guy for a Spider-Man type hero the kids will identify with, it's Kyle.

NoFate007
I'd go with Kyle, then Hal. Casting...hm....

redcaped
This movie show be 3-D.

roughrider
Originally posted by redcaped
This movie show be 3-D.

Maybe it will be, by the time it's made.

Paging James Cameron...!

Blair Wind
uhhhhh.....maybe 3d special effects, but I really dont want a 3D movie.....I still think Josh Harnet could do Kyle, Samuel is too old to play Stewart (and will smith and Foxx are too funny to be him), and Dennis Quaid would do a good hal (older version, maybe?)

NoFate007
If I were to cast Stewart, I'd pick the guy who played Captain Panaka in Episode I. He has that commanding military kinda voice going on and would look the part.

roughrider
Originally posted by NoFate007
If I were to cast Stewart, I'd pick the guy who played Captain Panaka in Episode I. He has that commanding military kinda voice going on and would look the part.

Hugh Quarside

NoFate007
Yup

Blair Wind
laughing heres Kyle

jacobo0o
hey guys!!

dave chappelle as john stewart!!!!!

wat do u think

roughrider
Originally posted by jacobo0o
hey guys!!

dave chappelle as john stewart!!!!!

wat do u think

Eat Green, Motherf***ers!!! laughing out loud

stuey
there coming out with one awesome

Avalonofthewind
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808492469&intl=us
There actually is one planned for 2006!

roughrider
I have it - if it's Hal Jordan, they should get Josh Lucas.

Knightfall93
I say Hal and there's a trilogy. THe first is Emerald Dawn and Sinestro going evil, Sinestro main villain against Hal. Then its Green Lantern 2: Apocalypse, where there's a basically altered story to get rid of Superman but Mongul still destroys Coast City with the Cyborg, who's just a super vigilaqnte in this 1. It starts to show Hal going mad. Then Green Lantern 3: A New Dawn. It's the New Dawn story and a new bit where Hal tries to destroy Kyle and they have a battle. How cool are those ideas?

BobEatBobWorld
I agree with that notion. In fact I came up with an idea just like that. Three movies. The death of Hal and the arrival of Kyle. All five GLs should appear in it. I also agree with the notion that it will be released in IMAX. I think I'm obsessed with this idea.
There's just one thing...I want to play as Kyle Rayner. Come on, Josh Hartnett? At least I already know about Kyle, and unlike most actors I actually care about this role being in the right hands. Then of course this is the wrong place to promote myself. So I should just shut up right now.
In any case, I agree with HellMaster. That's a better idea than what any screenwriter or director could ever think of.

Me as Kyle Rayner. Think about it. E-mail me if you want to know who I am.

Sea King
they will porb just make it like htey made it on the superman cartoon were hal and kyle's storys are combined.

Jamaican
LMAO - Def. true.

Yes, I think Quaid would've been good too. Smith I believe would do an awesome job. He's an actor with talent who doesn't always have to be funny. He's played characters that aren't particularly funny - I Robot, Legend of Bagger Vance, Ali...

Impressive. Although I know it would be necessary (unless for some reason a "Death of Superman" movie comes out before) to leave the Superman side of things out and change it, I'm not too thrilled if they were to change DC History like that. I always hate it when the movies change something.

But I digress, that would be an AWESOME plot.

And chappelle as GL?? Yeaaa right..He'd just use his rings to make Bongs! Lol

redcaped
Would you consider my petition of Tom Welling (smallville tv) as Hal Jordan. A picture?

grey fox
http://www.snafu-comics.com/comics/040425.jpg

Jamaican
Wow, I guess since I've been so blinded by wanting him to play Clark Kent that I totally have left him out for any other role imaginable. But now that you mention it, I'm sure he could do it. Although I don't think he could do Jordan, maybe Kyle.

redcaped
I don't seem to remember a previous mistake in my life. I trust my judgement and I'm good identifying. Talking about feelings from the audience...sorry, I'm not into it.

Darth Martin
Michael Jay White as Stewart? Alan Scott anyone?

MattDay
i could play kyle lol boxing

inset (picture is me)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.